‘TELL ON ME’: ISRAELI MUSIC VIDEO SATIRIZES WHITE HOUSE ROLE IN NATIONAL SECURITY LEAKS CONTROVERSY

JoeBtfsplk 2012/06/18 11:02:50
As the investigation over the recent leaks of classified national security information gets underway, the Israeli comedy group Latma has produced a biting video in English satirizing the issue, complete with prisoners tortured in Iranian jail, an Israeli military hacker and an Al-Qaeda middle man.

Titled, “Tell on Me: The ballad of US agents,” the Latma YouTube entry presents, “A song to the Leaker-in-Chief from America’s friends, based on the immortal song of Ben E. King, ‘Stand by Me.’”

llll
Spoof video: The two outed spies commiserate in Iranian jail. A former inmate scribbled "Allahu Akbar" in Arabic on the wall.

Bethany Mandel of Commentary writes, “In Israel, it appears the public’s mind is made up about where the leak originated and how it will affect the already rocky relationship between Israel and the U.S.”

The story line goes like this: An American secret agent and an Al-Qaeda informant — the middle man that led the Navy SEALs to Osama bin Laden no less — share a cell in Iran. The middle man says President Obama called to tell him, “Abdul, you’re going to be a very famous man” and then he turned Abdul in. “People had to know details of the operation. Otherwise, why would they reelect him? I’m so glad I could be helpful to great President Obama,” quips Abdul.

His cellmate says, “He turned me in too.”

And then they break into song whose lyrics include:

No matter what you did for this world. Somebody must tell on you.
Much more important than your deed. The president has a need.
And he just had to tell on me.
And:

I was proud to be exposed by your excellency.
I just wish you gave me time to flee.

Watch the video here:

• DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/06/18 11:56:08 (edited)
    sad but true
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    Satire enables small and large truths to be said out loud... despite a loyal media's willingness to keep it all under their hat (once the hat was buried deep in the backyard).
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/06/18 11:04:04
    sad but true
    JoeBtfsplk
    Does he (obama) know the entire world is laughing at him?

The world was laughing at him BEFORE this video.

He is a weak whiny skinny inexperienced kid who acts like a dictator in his own country and grovels at the feet of other world leaders.

The military using Bush’s intelligence kill Bin Laden – NOT Obama and THAT is the only feather in his cap for almost 4 years.

Everything else has been a disaster!

2014/09/01 21:44:22