Teen sues teacher for calling her ugly. What do you think of Jade Ray's lawsuit?

Dangerous Dave 2008/07/24 00:19:50
Thumbs up! Calling Jade ugly and kicking her in the butt in front off class sounds fair to sue
Thumbs down! She just wants some quick cash
I say...
San Diego teen Jade Ray wanted to join her school choir as it delivered singing grams on Valentine's Day. But what Jade said she got instead was a swift kick in the rear end from her choir teacher, who also allegedly called her "ugly" and a "brat." The Mount Miguel High School freshman says in a $75,000 San Diego County Superior Court lawsuit that she wanted to join the school choir as it delivered singing grams on Valentine's Day.

The suit claims she was humiliated and psychologically scarred after Hargett's alleged remarks. "I was embarrassed because the whole class was watching and laughing at me,"

Jade's parents said she was so upset over the incident that she never returned to Mount Miguel High School and has since enrolled in a new school. "She was in the office crying, and I just couldn't believe a teacher would literally kick her like that," her father, James Ray.

• Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*) 2008/07/25 09:22:03
    I say...
    Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*)
    +6
    I see a lot of people call her ugly. It doesn't matter if she is ugly no kid should be called that especially in front of a whole class. To get back at me people would call me ugly and shit that hurt my self-esteem so much it's not even funny. It doesn't matter if she is not pretty he shouldn't have called her that. And kicking her in the butt asault right there plain and simple. I think maybe sue for the asault but not as high as she wants it. Now as for the teacher he is a true ass and should be fired immediatly.

• Jas 2009/09/26 01:55:42
    Thumbs up! Calling Jade ugly and kicking her in the butt in front off class s...
    Jas
    I'm sorry but i think it's rude to tell someone they are ugly.
    If you call someone ugly then you must be stupid. It doesn't matter what they look like on the outside, the only thing that does is what they are on the inside.
  • Luckyliz 2009/09/25 22:58:38
    Luckyliz
    What was wrong with that teacher?!
  • slim8961 2009/09/25 05:06:29 (edited)
    slim8961
    thats just wrong! that teacher needs to be fired!
  • NappyHead 2009/03/03 19:36:00
    NappyHead
    Definitely a swamp donkey. Thumbs down!
  • poisonvioletslove 2009/02/06 16:51:12
    poisonvioletslove
    +1
    WTF is wrong with teachers at the moment?
    A friend is going through some really horrible stuff because of a teacher at the moment, that teacher that raped that boy, now this?
    Are we just employing anyone now?
    Go Jade. That was humiliating, and teachers are supposed to reprimand kids for that kind of stuff. That person should not be a teacher.
  • soho 2008/11/18 12:41:36
    soho
    +1
    It's completely inappropriate, immature, and unprofessional for a teacher to say something like that. Come on, people. The issue isn't whether it's true or not.... that's just a really cruel thing to say, to anyone. The teacher needs to be a mediator, far more mature than the students. They should never resort to name-calling like that!
  • Dustin 2008/10/24 05:59:27
    I say...
    Dustin
    she's pretty ugly. The teacher might be onto something there.
  • slim8961 Dustin 2009/09/25 05:08:47
    slim8961
    shame on you!
  • fuseekyou 2008/10/24 00:13:50
    I say...
    fuseekyou
    +1
    "It doesn't matter if she is not pretty he shouldn't have called her that. "
  • a nony mouse 2008/10/23 23:47:36
    I say...
    a nony mouse
    if you can sue for name calling, I'm definately going to sue the Catholic Church and any christian that calls me a sinner for one of the following, being gay, being atheist, having sex, smoking, drinking, eating, sleeping, voting, walking, talking, or whatever else they have decided is a sin to them.

Oh, and really get a job!
  • jerk 2008/10/21 10:18:12
    jerk
    +1
    Thumbs up! Calling Jade ugly and kicking her in the butt in front of class sounds fair, 'cause she ugly.
    +1
    What a crybaby, seriously she got insulted/made fun of by a teacher. Why does she deserve 75,000 dollars? And now she nationally humiliates herself by making this a lawsuit. "BOO-HOO my teacher called me ugly and kicked me hard enough for me to barely feel it, i think i am going to sue you because you hurt my feelings."
  • Sophie 2008/08/10 18:21:38
    Sophie
    +1
    I can imagine it is not impossible that she is a brat...but nomatter what you DON'T say that kind of things to your student. Not anyone, actually.
  • cappsy has a barcode ~_~ 2008/08/01 14:58:26
    I say...
    cappsy has a barcode ~_~
    +1
    It is not enough to sue but firing him sounds about right
  • firefighter22mfd 2008/07/31 15:51:41
    firefighter22mfd
    +3
    More power to the girl! Teacher ever kicked me in the ass I would have beat their ass down and called it self defense. But that teacher had no right to kick her and call her ugly. One the teacher should have been arrested for assault and child endangerment, Two teacher needs to be fired and Three the teacher and school district needs to be sued for the teachers actions.
  • ♥Lizzy♥ 2008/07/31 15:06:39
    ♥Lizzy♥
    +2
    That is soo terrible I can't belive some1 would do that ti a student!
  • BUBBLEZ 2008/07/30 21:15:55
    BUBBLEZ
    +1
    THAT GURL IS A LIEING SACK OF CRAP I KNW WHAT HAPPEND SHE IS JUST DOING ALL THIS FOR THE MONEY...
  • Mister Six 2008/07/30 17:47:06
    Mister Six
    +1
    And she is ugly.
  • Dogg ~ Ready for war 2008/07/30 01:45:31
    I say...
    Dogg ~ Ready for war
    +1
    Another clear case of tax payer money wasted and lost time in a court room. poeple who sue for such sad reason really need a bullet in their head, and if you can get the whoel family lined up and aim it right who might clear up any future problems also.
  • josh 2008/07/29 21:27:01
    josh
    +1
    good for her
  • Jud 2008/07/28 19:38:53
    Jud
    +1
    who and the rioght mind is she heck wen i was younger if a person got calleed ugley they just got aned a fight and that was it but suein the teacher that is crazy we the people need to get are heads out of are ases and think right for a change and stop being dumbassess
  • SoDa76 2008/07/28 05:08:40 (edited)
    I say...
    SoDa76
    +1
    Again this is the kind of unnecessary bullshit that is bringing America down. All the dumbass laws are catching up with the US and I think it's funny.

And I'm also sure that it must have been a hate crime too, that's gotta be worth another couple thousand, right? Pathetic.
  • Sarah 2008/07/27 23:43:45
    I say...
    Sarah
    +1
    Everyone is suing everyoone. It's pathetic. Everyone wants money. The teacher should definitely not have said it but come on....
  • roger 2008/07/27 19:23:35
    roger
    +1
    well she is !
  • matty507 2008/07/27 14:00:08
  • yumyumyum 2008/07/27 03:18:21
    yumyumyum
    +1
    wow she should've just gotten over it...i'd fight the teacher haha
    i wouldn't sue the teacher though, i would complain to the principal but that's about it.
  • Ashley 2008/07/26 20:59:36
    Ashley
    +2
    There's no need to sue for this, although I don't think the teacher should keep her job.
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2008/07/26 14:08:33
    I say...
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +3
    ...any teacher that calls a kid ugly should be gone.
  • Staples 2008/07/26 14:07:39
    I say...
    Staples
    +2
    I just think the teacher should get fired... You shouldn't be able to call a kid that, but also it is so stupid to go to court for that. just fire the teacher!!
  • xxjessica 2008/07/26 13:28:23
    I say...
    xxjessica
    +1
    that she should sue her teacher.... teachers think that just because they have to deal with kids all day that gives them the right to treat them as they please... which includes calling them names and treating them unfairly once when i was in high school a teacher told me "my parents waisted there sperm, and if she was my parent she wouldnt want me" all because i wasnt listening to her. so i say sue the pants off that women!!
  • Rebecca 2008/07/26 03:30:00
    I say...
    Rebecca
    +1
    I say a lawsuit is going to far. However....the teacher acted unprofessionally. It is possible she is a royal brat, but the teacher has no grounds commenting EVER on whether someone is 'ugly' or not. If she was a brat, then the teacher could have said to her privately that based on her behavior (without saying 'brat') he did not think it was justified having her participate in that activity. That would have been the professional way to handle it. I understand teachers are overloaded by our school system, underpaid for a horrendous job, and get no support from the parents or hte administration, but good night! That had to be him blowing a gasket out of being fed up with something.
  • Char 2008/07/26 02:18:02
    I say...
    Char
    +1
    Obviously, it was innappropriate and ignorant for a teacher to do such a thing. The teacher could have been given a warning or suspension, but a lawsuit is taking the issue too far...
  • fireware0062 2008/07/26 00:28:17
    I say...
    fireware0062
    +1
    this is some "Jerry Springer" shit! jerry, jerry , jerry!!!
  • Angela 2008/07/25 20:49:19
    I say...
    Angela
    +1
    I'm a teacher and I wouldn't call a kid ugly or a brat unless joking but I think there's more to the story than we are hearing.
  • Nate 2008/07/25 17:20:54
    Nate
    +1
    Lucky her for getting 75,000$, I agrees that not right what the teacher did and something needed to be done, but hey if your somehow smart enough to get cash for it then kudos
  • Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist 2008/07/25 16:41:10
    I say...
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    +1
    I say she is ugly! It's not illegal to put someone down. Not yet anyway.
  • bounce720 2008/07/25 15:44:41 (edited)
    bounce720
    +1
    People are always using the "I'll sue you" line when things don't go their way. I do agree that the teacher was in the wrong for saying that. I would never say that to a student, even if I think it...it is wrong to let it come out of my mouth. However, I think some other action could be taken other than firing and suing.
  • Mikitty☆彡(SHARP) BN-0-WAWU 2008/07/25 10:49:00 (edited)
    Mikitty☆彡(SHARP) BN-0-WAWU
    +1
    ugly can ALSO mean having a bad additude so then and i read the teacher also called her a brat and that she wanted to join the choir while they were delivering singing grams on valentines day so then it seems that she walked in while they were singing so then she really must have been ACTING ugly.oh yea i remember in 7th grade my science teacher called a student ugly everyone was laughing it was funny and the girl's attitude WAS bad.but netherless that IS embarrising but she really is making a big deal out of it and the kick in the butt trhe teacher should get fired for that there was no need for that singing acting netherless embarrising deal kick butt trhe teacher fired
  • MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥ 2008/07/25 10:08:19 (edited)
    I say...
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    +1
    unfortunately people have the right to their opinions, and the freedom to speak. however her parents might have the right to sue the teacher for child abuse. they should also sue the school board for child endangerment, for allowing the teacher to continue teaching.
    I say...
    Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*)
    +6

2014/10/24 11:38:40