Ted Nugent absolutely schools Piers Morgan tonight on CNN. Way to go Ted, Thumbs up !

CAPISCE 2013/02/06 01:25:43
Thumbs up, way to go Ted
Boo Hoo
CNN's resident gun control advocate Piers Morgan faced off with Ted Nugent Monday, and as was expected, the bullets were flying.

By the end of the first segment, Nugent told his arrogant adversary, "You're the perfect poster boy to stand up for the things that make no sense at all to common sense people" (video follows with transcript and absolutely no need for additional commentary):

PIERS MORGAN, HOST: I don't understand, and I want you to tell me, in the least inflammatory way possible, why outside of hog hunting, which I get is a problem in Texas, anybody needs one of those [an AR-15]? And if the answer isn't convincing, why the least we couldn't do to those poor families who lost people to that weapon is not just remove those from the equation?

TED NUGENT: Well, a number of things. First of all, I've been monitoring your gun debates. Go ahead and take it to the bank, you will never understand. I really don't believe you'll ever grasp…

MORGAN: What don't I understand?
NUGENT: You don’t understand that it's a simple inanimate tool that tens of millions of American families own that have never caused a problem, never had an accident, and will never commit a crime. You have these aberrations that are such a minute percentage. So my prayers are as strong as anyone…

MORGAN: 100,000 Americans get hit by gunfire, Ted. It’s not a minor aberration.
NUGENT: Let me stop you there, because I’ve been hearing you say this, and you are so full of crap. Listen to me, that statistic includes bad guys shot by cops and intruders shot by homeowners. So that figure is bogus. So you have to…
MORGAN: That’s the figure, 100,000.

NUGENT: Not, it's not an accurate figure.

MORGAN: 100,000 Americans get hit by gunfire a year.

NUGENT: Those include bad guys getting shot by cops, Piers.

MORGAN: 18,000 of those kill themselves with guns.

NUGENT: Japan has a higher suicide rate and they’re not allowed to get down wind of a gun. Your turn.

MORGAN: How many people got murdered by guns in Japan in the last two or three years each year?
NUGENT: We’re not talking about guns, we’re talking about the act of murder. Do you care about murders or do you only care about murders with guns?

MORGAN: I care about all deaths.

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

NUGENT: I don't think you do. I think you care about guns. I think you're obsessed with guns. 99.99 percent of the gun owners of America are wonderful people that you are hanging around with here today, perfectly safe, perfectly harmless, wonderful, loving, generous, giving, caring people. Would you leave us the hell alone? Go after the nut jobs, go after the murderers, because I don't know any. We need to lock up the bad guys, and when people show dangerous, murderous intent, which everyone one of these mass murderers showed, all their neighbors, their family, their teachers, their fellow students, they all knew they were crazy. But Piers, we didn't stop them because we're worried about hurting their feelings. We have a madman problem in America where they're running around. We have a felony recidivism problem in America. Let's focus on that together and leave the rest of us alone.

MORGAN: A, I won't leave you alone because this is a debate that has to be had in America.

NUGENT: And we appreciate that because you're the perfect poster boy to stand up for the things that make no sense at all to common sense people.

• mal 2013/02/06 01:32:25
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    mal
    +11
    piers is here from england to irritate americans and play the dumb ones for fools

• Airwool 2013/02/09 21:56:42
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    Airwool
    I'm surprised anyone cares what morgan says. the brits don't even like him.
  • nicesteve 2013/02/09 05:27:23
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    nicesteve
    +2
    And while you're at it, Ted, be sure to remind dear Piers of just what a pinhead
    that he truly is. And besides that, that guy really needs to go back to the UK.
    The USA ain't Piers country. GB is.
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2013/02/07 19:57:00 (edited)
    Boo Hoo
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Despite what I think about Piers Morgan and despite the fact that Ted actually got one or two points correct this time, I just can't take a pants-sh*tting, draft-dodging idiot like Ted Nugent seriously. His lack of intelligence, personal character and common sense is legendary. They don't call him the Motor-City Madman for nothing.
  • Kaye 2013/02/07 16:08:08
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    Kaye
    +1
    Love Ted.Hope he shows Piers up as the idiot he is.
  • HillaryLover 2013/02/07 11:00:11
    Boo Hoo
    HillaryLover
    +1
    Tell Nugent is a clown.
  • Miss UT 2013/02/07 05:54:10
    Boo Hoo
    Miss UT
    +1
    Thumbs down...Nugent is a draft-dodging piece of filth. No respect for him, period.
  • flaca BN-0 2013/02/07 01:52:09
    Boo Hoo
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    Ted Nugent is a nobody.
  • laydeelapis 2013/02/07 01:36:57
    Boo Hoo
    laydeelapis
    +2
    I like Piers Morgan and I'm for gun control but Nugent got some good points in.
  • Kaye laydeel... 2013/02/07 16:17:48
    Kaye
    The only ones who will have guns then will be the criminals.They could kill anyone they want including your family.Will you still like gun control then?I have grandchildren I want to protect.Obama wants all of our guns,then he can do away with anyone he wants to.Also my family hunts to put meat in the freezer.We couldn't even do that.Piers Morgan is an IDIOT!
  • laydeel... Kaye 2013/02/08 18:01:14
    laydeelapis
    My country has strict gun regulations and we still have less gun violence, per capita, than the US. So clearly, not having easy access to a gun doesn't make you any more or less safe. And who said anything about hunting? Hunting rifles should simply be registered and regulated. You can still hunt for meat for your freezer.
    "Obama wants all of our guns,then he can do away with anyone he wants"
    That level of paranoia just cannot be argued with.
  • tom C 2013/02/07 01:13:56
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    tom  C
    +2
    ted did way better than the gun store owner..as far as explaining things
  • rk 2013/02/07 00:08:57
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    rk
    +3
    Straight talk too logical for liberals
  • legalamericanwoman 2013/02/06 23:45:24
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    legalamericanwoman
    +1
    Piers Morgan should be deported.
  • Kaye legalam... 2013/02/07 16:18:55
    Kaye
    Again Piers is an IDIOT!
  • WolfEyes 2013/02/06 22:49:39
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    WolfEyes
    +1
    *** UNCLE TED ***
  • Pamela 2013/02/06 22:30:42
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    Pamela
    +5
    Ted is a true American. It's to bad we don't have a few more famous people to tell the dirt bag libs to take a hike. good man ted nugent
  • Kaye Pamela 2013/02/07 16:19:28
  • randall.perot 2013/02/06 22:16:32
    Boo Hoo
    randall.perot
    +1
    I had to click something, so I picked the clown at least presented as one. Both of these people are complete idiots, and to call this moronic discussion "schooling" on any part is absurd.
  • daniel.... randall... 2013/02/06 22:24:06
    daniel.putnam.108
    +3
    who forced you to click something. they have a gun to youre head?
  • WolfEyes daniel.... 2013/02/06 22:51:19
    WolfEyes
    Bingo ^5
  • randall... daniel.... 2013/02/07 20:55:49
    randall.perot
    Well, much like when I went to vote last year, I had to pick one of the two clowns provided.
  • Cristalle randall... 2013/03/06 13:09:17
    Cristalle
    You probably picked the biggest clown here as well.
  • CAPISCE randall... 2013/02/07 14:41:07
    CAPISCE
    +2
    That's a big "BOO HOO"
    Nugent SCHOOLED limp wrist Piers---- ted nugent
  • randall... CAPISCE 2013/02/07 20:58:52
    randall.perot
    Why, you big, macho, homophobe you. You must be a real man to side with Ted Nugent and his camo cowboy hat over that "limp wrist" Piers.
  • CAPISCE randall... 2013/03/08 08:21:34
    CAPISCE
    Wango Z Tango....
    my bad, PC Liberal may get offended..r u crying? oh poor iddy biddy widdle liberal baby might get offended.....grow a set of nuts you easily offended PC __ee_ ...... of..... Back to.........San Francisco...... .... ...back in the.......didn't......pay you enough attention?.
  • randall... CAPISCE 2013/04/12 19:24:36 (edited)
    randall.perot
    I am not PC nor a liberal. I suppose that you assume that since I am not homophobic that I am a San Francisco liberal (I am a Texan and think that both parties are treasonous), that just shows your nature. I am a fan of logical discussion, and simply calling someone a "limp wrist" doesn't invalidate them...so I gave you a little of your own medicine. Piers invalidates himself with his own idiocy, as does Ted Nugent. You appear to be the only person that was offended in our exchange, I wasn't offended by your ignorant comment. I just felt the need to mock you for it.
  • Cristalle randall... 2013/03/06 13:08:55
    Cristalle
    Well, at least you picked the biggest clown.lol
  • CAPISCE Cristalle 2013/03/08 08:24:07
    CAPISCE
    I feel your comment was racist against my proud heritage.
    Don't be bitter because you're not attractive, you can always date an ugly Girl.
  • daniel.putnam.108 2013/02/06 22:12:35
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    daniel.putnam.108
    +1
    ted should have taken piers hog hunting in a helicopter.show him a good time.and hope he panics and jumps lol
  • bettyboop 2013/02/06 21:20:14
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    bettyboop
  • Tennessee3501 2013/02/06 20:23:56
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    Tennessee3501
    CNN should hire Ted as Piers's co-host whenever the issue of guns is discussed. Fair and balanced?
  • Boudicea 2013/02/06 20:16:41
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    Boudicea
    +3
    Piers is an idiot
  • thefatguy 2013/02/06 20:07:58
    Thumbs up, way to go Ted
    thefatguy
    +5
    It seems obvious from Piers' bullying tactics that he was an unpopular overweight little boy who was picked on by his classmates and now he is getting back at all the "meanies" who hurt his widdle feewings. He paints himself as quite a champion of the underdog but he is nothing but an elitist snob and hypocrite. How does it feel to get your @$$ handed to you by Ted, Piers? Bring back memories of primary school in England?
    little boy crying
  • SanctumHolder 2013/02/06 20:00:22
    Boo Hoo
    SanctumHolder
    +1

Read this quote over several times and then look and check all of the stories of children who have taken their parents weapons and shot someone or someone that comes into your home and takes them. Ted did not focus on that. Ted focused on the Picture Perfect law abiding gun owning family.
  • thefatguy Sanctum... 2013/02/06 20:09:58
    thefatguy
    +3
    The percentages of aberrant gun violence are still a fraction of all the responsible gun owners.
  • Sanctum... thefatguy 2013/02/06 21:17:39
    SanctumHolder
    Well obviously. If it were the opposite we would be looking like Syria!
  • thefatguy Sanctum... 2013/02/06 21:35:47
    thefatguy
    Well, it appears that you are implying that we are close to Syria in our levels of gun violence.
  • Sanctum... thefatguy 2013/02/06 22:17:02
    SanctumHolder
    +1
    I am not, but according to Ted 99.99% of American are law abiding citizens....
  • rk Sanctum... 2013/02/07 00:13:56
    rk
    TRUE
  • thefatguy Sanctum... 2013/02/07 03:35:50
    thefatguy
    +2
    I don't know that Ted quantified it as 99.99% but it is certainly true that the overwhelming majority of gun owners are responsible and law-abiding.

2014/07/26 05:10:02