Teacher caught yelling at a student for criticizing Obama is suspended. Right decision or wrong decision?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/22 00:41:10
Related Topics: Obama, Garbage, Teacher, Student

Skip to about 2:00 to avoid a bunch of unintelligible garbage.

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/21/nc-teac...

• NoName 2012/06/11 01:15:08
  • hasher 2012/05/24 21:30:50
    Right decision
    hasher
    i heard about this a few days ago. the teacher should be permantly fired. she had no right to tell the student all this bs. about being arrested and all that. but thats how most liberals are. only their opinions count and everyone one else is wrong.
  • Centurion~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/23 17:36:39
    Right decision
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    Temporarily, I would consider it to be a "right" decision but this is far from over.

If the school system were to "fire" her, there will be a costly court battle. If retained, she would continue twisting (or attempting to twist) young minds. She can't stay "suspended" forever. Retire her and be done with it.
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/05/23 14:48:20
    Right decision
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    It is my belief that the teacher in question should have been fired. There is absolutely no place in American classrooms for teachers who deliberately indoctrinate through lies.
  • goblue1968 2012/05/23 14:38:36
    Right decision
    goblue1968
    Right decision (except for the part of suspended WITH PAY-should have been WITHOUT PAY) to make her think twice about treating students that way in a classroom where open discussions should be encouraged. We all know that when they get to college, the liberal indoctrination machine is just put into overdrive!! Unless they go to an objective college like Hillsdale College where the U.S. Constitution is a required course and the Bill of Rights is upheld.

But one of my most memorable classes was when I was working on my MBA at the University of Michigan and the professor was explaining all the things that were wrong about the FDR New Deal and how FDR did not end the Great Depression. The FDR New Deal policies prolonged the Depression and it took WWII to end it.
  • hasher goblue1968 2012/05/24 21:33:00
    hasher
    +1
    it sounds like you had a decent professor there. how many of themwould say that these days?? most of them are liberals.
  • goblue1968 hasher 2012/05/26 14:52:45
    goblue1968
    The fact of the matter was that class was in the Business School where we were being trained to actually advance ecomonic progress in this country (and eventually, the world). The other classes that I took in the "liberal arts" wings of the rest of the university were obviously very "liberally" biased. But most of the time we were allowed to have intelligent discussions in class without the professors launching into shouting tirades like the teacher in the example of this poll.
  • Mrs. Kathy Arch 2012/05/23 13:59:35
    Right decision
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    Sadly, she was suspended WITH pay. Regardless of my politics, she was way out of line, and the student was asking the difference between Mr. Romney's bullying incident, and Mr. Obama's admitted bullying incident. I don't teach Social Studies, but shouldn't questions like that be asked, and answered in a non-partisan way? It isn't up to a teacher to tell a student how they should believe-and kudo's to that young man for pushing (and recording that).
  • PJ Sweet Cheeks 2012/05/23 13:27:00
    Right decision
    PJ  Sweet Cheeks
    This Teacher was a typical liberal!!! This is why parents need to stay in formed of what these teachers are teaching their children....they are working on young minds...that is for the parents not the teachers...plus this was not punishment enough!! Unions make sure she gets her pay and that should have been taken away too!!!
  • wysiwis 2012/05/23 11:11:38
    Right decision
    wysiwis
    Well, yes AND no. Yes she should have been, at the very minimum suspended, but without pay. Of course, I now expect the student to get suspended or expelled for recording the conversation.

Kudos to this student just for proving the teacher wrong she really is.
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/05/23 04:58:59
    Right decision
    SoCalEx-Dem
    Won't last for long. She'll be back in front of a class with her same stupid crap.
  • mova 2012/05/23 04:49:14
    Right decision
    mova
    +1
    she's a teacher? O.o
    Right decision
    After listening to this I'd say she was totally out of line, Not for her rant about Obama, but simply her rant PERIOD in degrading the student, She was totally wrong.
  • Carl 2012/05/23 03:56:45
    Right decision
    Carl
    +1
    She needs a "serious" time-out.
  • DavidK 2012/05/23 02:48:26
  • momma-on-the-hit-list 2012/05/23 02:24:57 (edited)
    Right decision
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    My son was "allowed" by teacher to be railroaded and even pushed around by several students because he spoke against O and that was 2 1/2 years ago! His one teacher told me he had to keep my son and 2 other friends separated during recess just to keep them safe! I threatened the school and took him and 2 daughters out of school that week.
    I do agree with what the teacher is saying that you shouldn't slander the President, but in fact it was a question and the topic at that.
  • paul 2012/05/23 01:52:47
    Right decision
    paul
    You'ed think we'd learn after seeing what Sadam Hussein did to people for being figered for bad mouthing him. There is a reason we have a fist amendment right. The main reason we have freedom of speech is so that we can speak out againced who are suposed to be our trusted servants.
  • goatman112003 2012/05/23 01:35:40
    Right decision
    goatman112003
    +2
    Suspension with pay til the hearing is correct and called for. What this teacher did is try to indoctrinate the class not instruct them. This action occurs all over the country daily.
  • Just me ♥ 2012/05/23 01:03:42
    Right decision
    Just me ♥
    +3
    Except she should have been suspeded w/o pay. That lady has NO business of being a teacher. It's evident that she can't control her classroom. She's supposedly a social studies teacher and she's making up lies about the laws of the land.
  • Joe C Sr 2012/05/23 00:00:53
    Right decision
    Joe C Sr
    +1
    84% yes.She was a bully who resides on the left and it shows and should read the Constitution.I know she was suspended,but why with pay.It should have cost her some cash and maybe she would not do it again.Think.
  • ☆ QueenAline 2012/05/22 23:19:30 (edited)
    Wrong decision
    ☆ QueenAline
    +2
    she should have been fired...suspended is not good enough for this POS...this is only one example of what our precious kids are exposed to...She is dispicable as the man she worships
  • relic 2012/05/22 23:04:42
    Right decision
    relic
    +1
    She should be fired.
  • James 2012/05/22 22:57:41
    Wrong decision
    James
    +3
    They should have suspended her WITHOUT pay.
  • rogerkatrina 2012/05/22 22:48:09
    Right decision
    rogerkatrina
    +2
    I have a hard time reconciling myself with the idea that this woman has a license to teach...
  • Seonag 2012/05/22 22:32:06
    Right decision
    Seonag
    +1
    And it should have been WITHOUT pay!
  • bob 2012/05/22 21:33:50
    Right decision
    bob
    +2
    why does free speech in the mind of liberals mean as long as you speak their Opinions other wise you should be Silenced and Marginalized. This is a great Example of the. Teachers Union Shaping the Minds of our children in their Socialist Communist mind set.
  • boneman1 2012/05/22 21:27:52
    Right decision
    boneman1
    +1
    That's the kind of teacher that needs to be removed from the profession. The people that teach our kids should be highly scrutinized and held to a high standard. Their job is to teach, not indoctrinate.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/05/22 21:26:36
    Right decision
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    She had no right to jump onthat student for his opinion and we still have freedom of speech she was trying to bain wash him but he was not going to take it !!! Hoorah for the student !!!! She deserves what she got !!!!
  • Georgia50 2012/05/22 21:14:00
    Right decision
    Georgia50
    +1
    One can only hope she was suspended nude, dripping with syrup, over a bed of fire ants.
  • Calm down! 2012/05/22 21:04:47 (edited)
    Right decision
    Calm down!
    +1
    Even children have a legal constitutional right to free speech and voice their own opinions! Thats how some of these lib's work. It's all about getting "revenge" if you don't agree with what they believe.
  • big T 2012/05/22 20:51:30 (edited)
    Right decision
    big T
    +2
    shuold have been fired with out pay If you are a American and you asdupport Obama being president then you are a American traiter.

• bmacklowe 2012/05/22 20:50:26
    Right decision
    bmacklowe
    +4
    I think it is hurtful if a teacher brings their own biases into the classroom when they use it to put down a student who disagrees. This does not mean a teacher cannot express an opinion, as long as they let the students know that it is their opinion. A good teacher will always allow the students to make up their own minds. I was lucky that most of my social studies teachers were respectful of differing views. School is for learning and growing. Part of that is deciding what is fact, what is fiction, and what your own conclusion is based on all that info. If the student had called the President horrible names or threatened him, then he would be in the wrong, but all he did was question the teacher's one-sided presentation. She should not be receiving any pay while on suspension.
  • cc 2012/05/22 20:40:34
    Right decision
    cc
    +2
    She should get FIRED ! .....Total Morons teaching our children !
  • Nomad58 2012/05/22 19:52:01
    Right decision
    Nomad58
    +4
    For now, next step fire the crazy Lady.

"As a teacher I am not suppose to let you disrespect the President of the United States"
    Is she part of the Obama SS?

Also:

- If a Policeman does not read you your rights nothing you say can be used as evidence.

- There are no records of anyone criticizing Bush being arrested.

- Put the Student in charge of the class and send the Teacher back to School

records criticizing bush arrested student charge class send teacher school
  • Willie 2012/05/22 19:40:04
    Right decision
    Willie
    A teacher should be able to facilitate a classroom discussion of political events without letting their own views be know. This, in fact, is the proper way to lead a class discussion. In matters of opinion (which include political viewpoints), the teacher's opinion, if known, becomes the "correct" opinion. That's poor teaching. Students should learn to think for themselves, to argue their opinions with a basis in fact, and to express themselves freely.

I'm a high school teacher, and my political opinions are of the most very radical, left wing sort (I'm an anarcho-syndicalist). NONE of my students are aware of this. I'm also an atheist, and NONE of my students are aware of that, either. These are things a teacher ought to keep to him/herself.

And if I heard that another teacher was espousing political or religious opinions, regardless of whether or not I held the same views as that teacher, I would call them on it, and failing a proper response, take the matter to the school administration. Schools aren't as liberal as most of you think they are, and neither are most teachers. This is especially true when it comes to education.
  • rogerka... Willie 2012/05/22 22:59:01
    rogerkatrina
    +2
    I agree that a teacher's ideological beliefs should be kept to themselves. I had a 10th grade Biology teacher that taught us all about the theory of evolution and I sincerely got the impression that he was of the opinion that it was all true, but he always made sure we knew that it was a theory and had not been proven.
    After a few months as a Sophomore, I changed churches with my family and, to my amazement, Mr. King was now my Sunday School teacher. I spoke with him about how well he taught the theory of evolution in our Biology class and his reply was that although he believed that evolution as God's process of creation could be possible, it was his job to give us the information provided in the texts and leave us to form our own opinions. I always had a heap of respect for Mr. King and he is probably one of the strongest Christian influences in my teen years, but at school he was always by the book.
    Due to his influence, in part, I am now a Christian missionary in Central America AND I understand the theory of evolution and all of its variations quite well.
  • Willie rogerka... 2012/05/22 23:02:10
    Willie
    You got a good one. Good for you.

The only thing wrong is that the scientific theory of evolution is as "proven" as scientific theories get. We don't have scientific laws, or it would be one.
  • rogerka... Willie 2012/05/22 23:34:18
    rogerkatrina
    +1
    There are scientific laws...such as Newton's Laws (gravity, for example...), LaGrange's equations and Hamilton's equations. (I admit most of it is pretty deep stuff; very advanced mathematical equations and such, but they do exist.) However, there are contradictions in the "so-called" evidence for evolution. Let's not forget that there is a reason they refer to the missing link as missing.

My point is that he was objective and professional about it. He covered all of the facts and also discussed all the speculations that had been published. He was not a one-sided hack trying to indoctrinate children. That's what I heard from the teacher in the posted video.
  • Centuri... rogerka... 2012/05/23 17:28:26
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    When I was starting back to college about nine years ago I had a similar understanding with an Anthropology Professor. I was probably twenty years older than him, probably more. I kept in mind what the textbook said but he completely respected my religious beliefs. We got along very well. I do hope to see him again sometime.
  • hasher Willie 2012/05/24 21:36:00
    hasher
    i like how you teach. because obviously not everyone is going to agree with your views just like you dont agree with other peoples opinions. i respect that in a teacher.

2014/07/30 05:01:37