Teacher, 41, Leaves Wife for 18-Y-O Student. Okay? Or Big Mistake?

Good Morning America 2012/03/05 03:37:55
A 41-year-old former teacher in California left his wife and kids -- and quit his job -- to be with his 18-year-old student, saying he knows that she's "the one." Are James Hooker and Jordan Powers in the right -- or is this all a big mistake?

41 year old

• Beautiful_Syn 2012/03/05 12:22:57
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    Beautiful_Syn
    +31
    I saw the news report on this last week and honestly for the people to say it's okay and that they are consenting adults please remember a few facts...

-He has known her since she was 14 since she was his student.
    -He says he was just a teacher to her until she was 18 yet any after school activity she was part of he was the teacher for.
    -They say nothing sexual started until she was 18 however other students have snapped pictures of her sitting on his lap during class, over 8,000 text messages where sent before her 18th birthday as well as hotel receipts.
    -For trying to protect her daughter a mother was almost arrested.
    -He left his wife and children, an eldest daughter one year younger than his 'girlfriend'.

Now if you are okay with student/teacher relationships turning into boyfriend/girlfriend relationships do not be surprised or mortified when your son or daughter starts sleeping with their teacher no matter the age! (In other words please have your heads examine!!)

• Angelo Napolitano 2012/07/11 13:57:22
    It’s okay, they’re both consenting adults.
    Angelo Napolitano
    "Love is blind." That means there are no limits on love. Nor should there be.
  • Selketskiss 2012/03/27 02:58:39
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    Selketskiss
    What is funny is he is stupid. In a few years if it last that long she will dump him for someone younger...LOL
  • Animeee 2012/03/19 15:09:37
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    Animeee
    He looks old enough to be her dad
  • stevegt... Animeee 2012/03/21 15:17:55 (edited)
  • Animeee stevegt... 2012/03/22 11:26:06
    Animeee
    I don't know much about stars...
  • Jenni 2012/03/14 03:18:03
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    Jenni
    This IS disturbing. Imagine being 13 and finding out your dad is leaving your mom for a girl only one year older than you?
  • Crystal 2012/03/11 14:04:10
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    Crystal
    Too bad he can't see how ridiculous he looks next to her.
  • Dave 007 2012/03/11 12:19:47
    Dave 007
    She's stupid and he's like any aging guy, he wants fresh meat.
  • GERARD MARTIN 2012/03/11 09:43:01
    GERARD MARTIN
    The teacher's personal life is none of the school's business, as long as he is not forcing himself upon others or committing a crime.
  • ashely tran 2012/03/10 23:41:02
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    ashely tran
    that is messed up
  • THAT WAS FUN 2012/03/10 02:22:34 (edited)
  • ✞Knight... THAT WA... 2012/03/10 17:52:45 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    I misread your statement at first. While I consider both homosexual marriage and this man leaving his wife wrong, I don't see the connection between the two.
  • GERARD ... ✞Knight... 2012/03/11 09:47:39
    GERARD MARTIN
    It is their lives and not the business of anyone else. It is not your place or mine to say who shall marry home, as long as both are of legal age.
  • ✞Knight... GERARD ... 2012/03/11 17:24:03
    ✞Knight of Honor
    You are entitled to your opinion here on SH, but the Holy Bible doesn't agree.

Leviticus 18:22-23
    22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Romans 1:18-32
    18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26 Because of this,...

Leviticus 18:22-23

Romans 1:18-32
    18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
  • Andrea ✞Knight... 2012/03/13 22:02:25
    Andrea
    +2
    Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions. -Ezekiel 23:19-20
    I can quote the bible too!
  • ✞Knight... Andrea 2012/03/15 01:58:48
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Do you have a point? My Biblical quote was related to the conversation however yours was definitely not.

Since you like this passage, here is God's punishment for the prostitution in Ezekiel 23:22-27

"22 “Therefore, Oholibah, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will stir up your lovers against you, those you turned away from in disgust, and I will bring them against you from every side— 23 the Babylonians and all the Chaldeans, the men of Pekod and Shoa and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them, handsome young men, all of them governors and commanders, chariot officers and men of high rank, all mounted on horses. 24 They will come against you with weapons,[d] chariots and wagons and with a throng of people; they will take up positions against you on every side with large and small shields and with helmets. I will turn you over to them for punishment, and they will punish you according to their standards. 25 I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in fury. They will cut off your noses and your ears, and those of you who are left will fall by the sword. They will take away your sons and daughters, and those of you who are left will be consumed by fire. 26 They will also strip you of your clothes and take your fine jewelry. 27 So I will put a stop to the lewdness and prostitution you began in Egypt. You will not look on these things with longing or remember Egypt anymore."
  • stevegt... ✞Knight... 2012/03/21 15:22:38
  • ✞Knight... stevegt... 2012/03/21 16:15:56
    ✞Knight of Honor
    I am willing to debate any "contradiction" you mention, but I'm not going to watch a 10 minute video and comment on every single thing they claim.
  • stevegt... ✞Knight... 2012/04/10 16:40:49
  • ✞Knight... stevegt... 2012/04/10 16:54:50
    ✞Knight of Honor
    If you are willing to list your top 5 "contradictions," I will refute them.
  • Jenni ✞Knight... 2012/03/14 03:11:43
    Jenni
    Our lives are not defined by the Bible. At least mine isn't. Not everyone is Christian, and you don't need to use religion in an argument about something that is clearly not religious.
  • ✞Knight... Jenni 2012/03/15 01:54:30
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Your life may not be, but mine is. Therefore my opinion is the same as the Holy Bible's text. Stating my opinion on SH (a opinion website) seems fair to me.
  • stevegt... ✞Knight... 2012/03/21 15:21:35
  • ✞Knight... stevegt... 2012/03/21 16:14:31
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Some things are customs of certain regions of the world.

What passage were you talking about for a "holy kiss?"
  • richwright stevegt... 2012/04/10 04:42:02
    richwright
    Everyone knows he is BI.
  • stevegt... richwright 2012/04/10 16:40:01
  • richwright stevegt... 2012/04/11 00:21:07
    richwright
    Anything for a drop of oil and some tongue.
  • Christy... THAT WA... 2012/03/11 01:43:58
    Christy Rudderforth
    +3
    no they are not its just not natural. humans were meant to be with the opposite sex.
  • Andrea Christy... 2012/03/13 22:06:58
    Andrea
    +1
    Did you know that there are actually gay animals? In nature? I think that makes it natural. Have a look.
    http://news.nationalgeographi...
    Take that bitch
  • ✞Knight... Andrea 2012/03/15 01:52:56
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "Scientific studies" taken from scientists who are biased Liberal Atheists; I'm sure you never considered that there was unprofessional tampering of data though.
  • Reikyrr 2012/03/09 20:08:26
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    Reikyrr
    Teachers shouldn't get involved with students, you should always stay professional as a teacher, or any other person working with subordinates.

Let's hope they will be happy in the future, I don't think this thing will last very long.
  • GERARD ... Reikyrr 2012/03/11 09:49:18
    GERARD MARTIN
    It is her choice --- not as if he forced her. And she is of legal age to make up her own mind.
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/03/09 04:21:45
    Big mistake! This is disturbing.
    ✞Knight of Honor
    I doubt this was a good choice.
  • THAT WA... ✞Knight... 2012/03/10 02:23:42
  • ✞Knight... THAT WA... 2012/03/10 17:50:13
    ✞Knight of Honor
    It depends on the couple. The tax break for married couples is one mutual benefit that no one will complain about. I believe marriage would be very beneficial to me personally and I'm a man. However, most women are too slutty for marriage; the amount of women cheating on their husbands now surpasses the amount of men cheating on their wives by far.
  • GERARD ... ✞Knight... 2012/03/11 09:51:00
    GERARD MARTIN
    How did you get to know "most" women? Do you have ESP?
  • ✞Knight... GERARD ... 2012/03/11 17:18:04
    ✞Knight of Honor
    No, I have the ability to observe how many women are cheating on their husbands in my community.

Recent statistics also show that this is a common trend in America anyway. In fairness, I don't know about the rest of the world though. I can only factually state that in America, more women are cheating on their husbands then men are cheating on their wives.
  • Andrea ✞Knight... 2012/03/13 22:03:40
    Andrea
    +1
    How on earth are you not married? You seem like a very intelligent, open minded, thoughtful and caring guy?
  • Andrea ✞Knight... 2012/03/13 22:21:46
    Andrea
    +1
    That, of course, was sarcastic. Know this: yes, women can and do cheat. Men also cheat. It doesn't mean that we're sluts, it doesn't mean we're not marriage material, and I'm guessing you wouldn't know that considering you have the thoughts and opinions you do. The reason most women cheat is because their husbands are NOT meeting their needs. If our needs aren't met, and it doesn't look like they're going to be, we find someone else that will meet them. Same reason guys do. So if you think marriage might benefit you, I suggest you man up with the quickness and realize that you sound like a complete jackass.
  • ✞Knight... Andrea 2012/03/15 02:05:26 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "I suggest you man up with the quickness and realize that you sound like a complete jackass."
    Random insults I see; the true evidence that you have nothing worth arguing.

Note that I was only observing that more women cheat on their husbands in modern America then men cheat on their wives. I never claimed that some men hadn't cheated on their wives or that all women cheat on their husbands. I was merely making a factual observation.

"It doesn't mean that we're sluts, it doesn't mean we're not marriage material"
    -Anyone who cheats is a slut and is not marriage material for their lovers in my mind (that applies to men and women).

"If our needs aren't met, and it doesn't look like they're going to be, we find someone else that will meet them. Same reason guys do."
    -Justify immorality all you want; it's still wrong.

2014/09/02 21:46:47