Supreme Court Says Buy Health Insurance Or Be Taxed More. Do you agree?

foxhound BN0 2012/06/28 14:15:13
The Supreme court ruled that while Congress cannot make you get health insurance, you can be taxed more if you don't. Do you agree with their verdict?

Please be kind and rave this post so more readers will see it. Thank you.

• Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/06/28 16:43:27
    I disagree with the verdict.
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +35
    Completely unconstitutional. SCOTUS cannot institute a tax, neither can POTUS. Bad law, worse medicine. Welcome to the USSA, comrades!
    flag of the untied soviet states of america

• Kay 2012/06/30 05:46:13
    I disagree with the verdict.
    Kay
    +4
    Tyranny!
  • Idiot r... Kay 2012/06/30 14:35:48
  • Kay Idiot r... 2012/06/30 17:24:05
    Kay
    +1
    Because I don't want to be forced to buy something against my will, or that fact that I'm mad that my constitutional rights have been violated again...I have a mediocre mind? You're about as brainwashed as the rest of the country. How sad.
  • Idiot r... Kay 2012/06/30 17:48:25
    Idiot repubs
    +2
    So you just want to leech off of my insurance premiums?
  • Kay Idiot r... 2012/06/30 17:52:40
    Kay
    I don't want anything from you!
  • Idiot r... Kay 2012/06/30 17:57:36
    Idiot repubs
    +2
    If you don't have insurance you are leeching off of me
  • Kay Idiot r... 2012/06/30 18:25:36
    Kay
    My fiance, and I pay for our own stuff. We're poor right now, and we still manage. We have people who we know, helping us, and we help them to the best of our ability. Oh, and there's a thing called...um...private charity! Which doesn't effect you. People should be helping people! That's that way it should be! You really think this healthcare bill is going to help people? You really think that it's the governments job to take care of you, and I? Really?Don't worry about anyone leeching off you. The government will be doing more of that. And you think it's compassion? Ugh.
    Government Compassion Penn Jillette
  • Lee Kay 2012/07/01 16:32:22
    Lee
    +2
    It is the governments job to provide good governance.

. . . And that includes promoting the General Welfare and securing the Blessing of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
  • jeane Idiot r... 2012/07/09 13:19:05
    jeane
    So you are in favor of illegals getting out of our country then?
  • jeane Idiot r... 2012/07/09 13:19:18
    jeane
    Like the illegals?
  • taitaFalcon23 2012/06/30 04:35:47
    Undecided / Other
    taitaFalcon23
    +3
    I don't want to be mandated to do anything but that is not the reality here. We're past doing things the old way. I lost my mother and a friend to cancer. In both cases, the disease had moved too far and fast to let them live with inadequate health insurance. My mom had lived with cancer for more than 40 yrs but when her doctor died of natural causes, she was moved over to an HMO when the concept was pretty new.... she lasted 9 months
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/06/30 09:06:29
    Common Sense Conservative
    Coincidental
  • Jeremiah Common ... 2012/06/30 12:04:10
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Amazing how you can judge someone's situation without knowing them.
  • Nestofa... Jeremiah 2012/06/30 14:19:22
    Nestofasssps
    +2
    ignorant too
  • Jeremiah Nestofa... 2012/06/30 19:21:51
    Jeremiah
    +1
    Exactly.
  • Common ... Jeremiah 2012/06/30 15:45:27
    Common Sense Conservative
    Please tell me how I am judging someones situation?
  • Jeremiah Common ... 2012/06/30 19:22:32
    Jeremiah
    +2
    You tried to sum up that person's entire situation with one inept word.
  • Common ... Jeremiah 2012/06/30 20:33:35
    Common Sense Conservative
    You should mind your own business unless you know everything.
  • Jeremiah Common ... 2012/07/02 03:52:00
    Jeremiah
    +1
    That's the thing about a forum for opinions. You give yours, I give mine, and then we see how it turns out. So far you are behind in the count.
  • Common ... Jeremiah 2012/07/02 04:29:20
    Common Sense Conservative
    Not really, there was a private post in there somewhere that your eyes didn't get to see. So your post was worthless.

Brilliant!!!
  • Jeremiah Common ... 2012/07/02 15:34:23
    Jeremiah
    My posts are never worthless. Yours, on the other hand.......
  • Common ... Jeremiah 2012/07/02 18:14:11
    Common Sense Conservative
    Actually your post was worthless.
  • Jeremiah Common ... 2012/07/02 22:50:57
    Jeremiah
    You will forgive me if I don't regard you as much of a judge of quality.
  • Common ... Jeremiah 2012/07/03 00:57:15
    Common Sense Conservative
    I could care less what you regard me as because you are a liberal and liberals don't have much of a clue anyhow.
  • Jeremiah Common ... 2012/07/03 16:17:53
    Jeremiah
    I'm already yawning, and it is still morning. Let me know when you have something to say.
  • Common ... Jeremiah 2012/07/03 16:24:30
    Common Sense Conservative
    Dumb
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/07/01 02:51:06
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    how glib, when someone dies there are no 'do overs'. You'll learn that someday
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/07/01 04:13:31
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    As will you son.
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/07/01 23:06:23
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    I'm not your son. My parents died during a time when HMO's were a 'new' concept and they sometimes got the paperwork wrong. You don't get to call me 'son'. I learned that we have to learn from those mistakes. I myself spend my life living a healhful life and encourage others to do the same. Because as I said, there are no 'do over's once someone has died. We it to ourselves and our loved ones to do the best we can and knowing that most if not all chronic illness can be traced back to what we do, eat and drink. If that takes people kicking and screaming into the next century, their cries of 'freedom infringement' remain just silly. It's also a matter of pride and patriotism to make as small a footprint as possible in this life. So others don't have to pay for you 'choice' to smoke, get fat, get diabetes, stroke out, or mix your drug dependencies
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/07/01 23:53:10
    Common Sense Conservative
    Are you saying I smoke, am fat, have diabetes, or do drugs? And who said you were my son?
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/07/02 17:13:31
    taitaFalcon23
    you called me son in your post above; sorry only two people in this world earned that right and it ain't you. As for generality for using the word 'you', I use that as an 'for an example' to get a point across. If you're not fat, smoke or have diabetes, then I guess I'm not taking to you. But stats around the country prove that I'm talking to somebody and they know who they are. The govt has to step in because people, statistically, are unable to keep themselves alive thru commonsense.

This is the first modern era generation that has a large percentage of its population with a reversing life expectancy. If people don't want govt stepping into their lives - they need to quit forfeiting them
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/07/02 18:15:40 (edited)
    Common Sense Conservative
    Son,

the government needs to get out of people's lives. If they are fat, let em be fat. It's their choice just as being a homo is a choice.

Thanks for blocking me Taitafa or son as you like so well.

I don't have to listen to your ORDERS and I do not need permission from you to say son. Get a life son.
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/07/02 19:39:54
    taitaFalcon23
    you obviously sought to disrespect me and the memory of my parents. You called me son again although I indicated you have neither the permission nor authorization. You evidently are reading challenged. I told you twice. I don't give directive more than 3 times. So you'll have to live with yourself and 50 of your illiterate friends as you commiserate over the coming Romney loss and ask each other how that could have happen. Therefore any argument you have about anything, is not worth my time to ever listen to again.
  • JAA taitaFa... 2012/07/01 07:04:23
    JAA
    +1
    We all die. For those who reject Jesus Christ, however, your comment holds true...no hope, no peace, no love, no 'do overs'.
  • taitaFa... JAA 2012/07/01 23:10:49
    taitaFalcon23
    yes, we all die; however, I owe to my kids to have them know I did the best I could to not shorten my time with them thru smoking, drugs, getting fat or suffering chronic disease/conditions to exercise my 'freedoms'. I believe in God; I have no use for religion. There is something on the other side - but I think God remembers who threw their lives away so carelessly
  • JAA taitaFa... 2012/07/02 04:04:17
    JAA
    I'm so very proud of your perfection. I suppose that's why you do not need God, & why you will one day suffer for your arrogance.
  • taitaFa... JAA 2012/07/02 04:13:12
    taitaFalcon23
    who said I don't need god; I said I don't need religion. those are two very separate things, If my 'perfection' intimidates you - just know and understand you have access to the same. It's not arrogance you hear - its knowledge speaking
  • JAA taitaFa... 2012/07/02 04:22:55
    JAA
    I don't hear any "knowledge" coming from you, only that you "don't need religion". Explain yourself, please. And no, since we both know you're not anywhere near perfect, smart ass, and that I was obviously being sarcastic, that nothing about you that I've seen thus far should be anywhere need intimidating.
  • taitaFa... JAA 2012/07/02 05:16:11
    taitaFalcon23
    heh, the concept of God is based on simple empirical knowledge. Other than to mention his name, it is obvious that HE exists. Once you hear it, it cannot be undone... thus the meaning of 'I am that I am.... (exodus 3:14). I was raised in religion. It was engineering that made me believe in God. Just our planet alone points to a master engineer. That is empirical science. The science is not random and mathmetically too remote to be an 'accident'.

Religion is people/thought control by a few over the many. God does not need middlemen; for he will say - 'many spoke in my name but I never knew them' (matthew 7:23). So crowd control is accomplished with rhetoric/dogma. What is the logical reason why 'i' comes before 'e' in certain english words other than because you've been told? Rhetoric. Religion is rhetoric.
  • JAA taitaFa... 2012/07/02 22:28:16
    JAA
    Are you still here?

2014/07/23 20:13:42