Supreme Court Says Buy Health Insurance Or Be Taxed More. Do you agree?

American Patriot Justice is Serv 2012/06/28 14:15:13
The Supreme court ruled that while Congress cannot make you get health insurance, you can be taxed more if you don't. Do you agree with their verdict?

Please be kind and rave this post so more readers will see it. Thank you.

• Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/06/28 16:43:27
    I disagree with the verdict.
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +35
    Completely unconstitutional. SCOTUS cannot institute a tax, neither can POTUS. Bad law, worse medicine. Welcome to the USSA, comrades!
    flag of the untied soviet states of america

• BackWoo... Lee 2012/06/29 03:38:04
    BackWoodsMike
    +2
    Tell you what.. read Chief Justice Roberts' report (especially on the “commerce clause” vs “tax”, ten get back with me..

I believe you will see that the court ruled that the Mandate was unconstitutional under the commerce clause, BUT, if it were a “simple tax” (their words), then it is up to the Legislation, and not the Judiciary to pass judgment on the law.

Justice Roberts also made comment to the fact that elections have their consequences, basically making sure that since the law is highly unpopular, it can always be repealed by the next president and Congress we elect in November.

Frankly I'm delighted about the ruling.. Romney received over one million dollars in campaign donations in the three hours following the ruling, and the phone surveys done by my group shows a substantial increase in Romney's chances in November.

Let's face it.. Obama stepped on his crank..
  • Caitlin... BackWoo... 2012/06/29 12:23:49
    Caitlin ~American Patriot~
    +1
    thank you for your defense and service to our country

thank you soldier
  • BackWoo... Caitlin... 2012/06/29 14:28:23
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    It was my privilege and honor..
  • Caitlin... BackWoo... 2012/06/29 15:33:56
    Caitlin ~American Patriot~
    +1
    y'all don't get thanked enough....or honored...
  • Lee BackWoo... 2012/06/28 19:42:36
    Lee
    I'm listening to Hannity right now.

. . . What a spluttering idiot !

lol
  • Caitlin... Lee 2012/06/29 12:24:52
    Caitlin ~American Patriot~
    +1
    Hannity is anything but....
  • BackWoo... Lee 2012/06/28 17:19:30 (edited)
    BackWoodsMike
    +4
    PS: If you are asking what I'm going to do about Obama.. The answer is simple.

I and hundreds of thousands of Conservative Americans who have never voted for a GOP presidential nominee in their life, or like me, haven't voted for a GOP presidential nominee for years, are going to vote GOP just to get rid of Obama.
  • maggiemay BackWoo... 2012/06/28 17:22:27
    maggiemay
    +5
    That's right. Never voted for a GOP ever till 08, and can't wait to do it again!
  • BackWoo... maggiemay 2012/06/28 17:30:59
    BackWoodsMike
    +5
    I belong to a local Conservative group in my County. We network with not only like groups in our area, but across the nation.

The consensus is the same, and strong. The majority of the group's membership, either have voted third party (like the Constitution Party, Libertarian Party and others) or haven't voted at all, but this November will vote for Romney, not because they agree with him, but to get rid of the most disastrous administration in our lifetime.
  • maggiemay BackWoo... 2012/06/28 17:34:10
    maggiemay
    +4
    I am hoping that everyone who was talking about not voting will get off their butts, and vote this disaster out in November.
  • BackWoo... maggiemay 2012/06/28 17:39:04
    BackWoodsMike
    +3
    The feeling is that they will..
  • Lee BackWoo... 2012/06/28 17:49:25
    Lee
    uh huh . . .
  • Lee BackWoo... 2012/06/28 17:48:54
    Lee
    OK . . . have at it.

Your vote is your vote.

But isn't it nice that the Supreme Court did the right thing today?

What a beautiful day it is !
  • BackWoo... Lee 2012/06/28 18:49:59 (edited)
    BackWoodsMike
    +3
    It is a beautiful day... this SCOTUS ruling has awoken a sleeping giant, and the November election is going to be an even better butt whipping than what the libs got in 2010.
  • Lee BackWoo... 2012/06/28 19:41:16
    Lee
    Right Wing Nut Jobs are a "Sleeping Giant?"

lol

. . . A sleeping giant moron with really stupid dreams.
  • Lee BackWoo... 2012/06/28 19:39:25
    Lee
    Yawn . . .

OK
  • Wahvlvke Lee 2012/06/28 20:17:53
    Wahvlvke
    +1
    You are an embarassment to the State of Georgia.
  • BackWoo... Wahvlvke 2012/06/29 03:41:45
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    He's an embarrassment period.. I have interrogated crack heads with higher comprehension skills than this lib.
  • Wahvlvke Lee 2012/06/29 02:41:09
    Wahvlvke
    Not nearly as much hell as being a stupid ass looney leftie moron obama voter.
  • arkiii BackWoo... 2012/06/28 16:44:37 (edited)
    arkiii
    +2
    one more example of Obama's bait and switch...
  • Dave**G... BackWoo... 2012/06/28 16:44:58
  • maggiemay BackWoo... 2012/06/28 16:45:22
    maggiemay
    +2
    Not only is this going to hurt him in the long run with the states being able to decide if they want to participate in the expansion there is going to be even more people uninsured or forced to buy their own health care. Once the Taxes start hitting these Libs they are going to be wetting their pants.
  • keeper BackWoo... 2012/06/28 20:10:59
    keeper
    +1
    Bingo!! It is a TAX, and 100,000 new IRS agents will be hired to enact this TAX!
  • Golden Panther 2012/06/28 16:20:01
    I disagree with the verdict.
    Golden Panther
    +4
    This is a banner day for all communists, Muslims, and racists. Hey, you old folks out there, how do you feel about the death squad sentence just passed on you. Sad, sad day indeed.
  • Allbiz - PWCM - JLA 2012/06/28 16:18:42
    Undecided / Other
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +5
    I am not against the ruling because I've always believed that pre-existing conditions should be covered. Especially in cases where one is born with a genetic disorder and then loses coverage simply because s/he reaches the age of 18.

However, I do not agree that just because the mandate is constitutional that it is the right thing for Americans. This tax will effect more average Americans than any other sector for something they may not be able to afford.

Under this ruling, the mandate is still ineffect but now instead of being called a mandate, it becomes a tax. That means we must still purchase health insurance whether we want to or not. If we don't we will be taxed. If we refuse to pay the tax, then the IRS will become involved by reducing or disallowing your refund. It will also open the doors for malicious IRS audits and other unjust actions.

Thanks Barry, for imposing the largest tax increase in the history of our nation even though you lied and said that under your administration we would not see any tax increases. Not even one dime.
  • Angelatxpatriot 2012/06/28 16:15:30
    I disagree with the verdict.
    Angelatxpatriot
    +5
    This ruling has opened a can of worms and provided even MORE power and growth to the federal government, as the good little sheep cheer.
  • moonchild 2012/06/28 16:14:57
    I agree with the verdict.
    moonchild
    +3
    Yup- I'm tired of the cost of my healthcare being astronomical to make up for the millions without healthcare that can not afford their bills.

Wow- I almost sound like a republican.

The only reason the Foxbots are against this is because they didn't think of it first. Anything Obama does that benefits America is an outrage to the right wingers and a dent in their promise to destroy anything thing he does.
  • Allbiz ... moonchild 2012/06/28 16:21:38
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +3
    Seeings as how you are tired of astronomical healthcare costs, be prepared for your current premiums to skyrocket under the ACA since under this ruling, 25 million Americans will lose their current coverage and yours and my premiums are going to go up to cover them.
  • moonchild Allbiz ... 2012/06/28 17:00:02
    moonchild
    Another fortune teller, I see. Can see into the looking glass to the future?
  • Allbiz ... moonchild 2012/06/28 20:58:02
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    No. Only an idiot can't realize that under the original mandate, you would be fined only if you attempted to get healthcare without paying for it. In other words, if you could afford to buy your own, you would be free to do so.

As a tax, you are now required to healthcare...even if you can't afford it. And if you don't have it, you are subject ot reprisal from the IRS for failure to pay your taxes.

You better sit down and read the SCOTUS determination.
  • moonchild Allbiz ... 2012/06/29 00:37:45
    moonchild
    That's just it--this makes it afforable.
  • Allbiz ... moonchild 2012/06/29 01:21:36
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    According to the insurance companies and their lobbying group, premiums between now and 2016 will increase by about $5,000/year and then to that we will need to add the Obamatax. The Obamatax paid by a family with an annual income of $20,000 will be around $2200.

But I know that you are so wealthy that you would consider an additional $7200 in annual healthcare, even if you don't get sick, go to the doctor, go to the hospital, or need an emergency room, you would consider that affordable.

It must be nice to live in the delusional world of a liberal.
  • moonchild Allbiz ... 2012/06/29 15:55:15
    moonchild
    Show me your source on all this nonsense. (Fox News doesn't count)
  • Allbiz ... moonchild 2012/06/29 16:25:23
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    Liberals like you need to learn to do your own research before your open your mouths and show your stupidity on the subject.
  • moonchild Allbiz ... 2012/06/29 18:15:34
    moonchild
    Translation- You don't have a source! Lmao
  • Allbiz ... moonchild 2012/06/29 19:40:35
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    Tanslation = I don't have time to share my knowledge with a useful idiot.

Your name is very appropriate. Proves you're not on the same planet as the rest of us.
  • moonchild Allbiz ... 2012/06/30 16:24:11
    moonchild
    Did you ever go to school? Did you not learn if you're the one making the claim, you're the one who needs to provide sources to back up said claim?

Touchy touchy when someone calls you out.
  • Brad # ... moonchild 2012/06/28 16:37:13
    Brad # 2486547
    +2
    I hope you enjoy much higher taxes.....

Obama just said in his TV address that the healthcare law provides tax money for those who can't afford premiums. So...there will still be a lot of people out there not paying one damn dime for healthcare, but the middle class will pay more taxes to cover the wave of free loaders who will get more free healthcare while the middle class pays higher taxes and higher premiums.

This is not a good day for working America..only the free loaders.
  • moonchild Brad # ... 2012/06/28 17:00:42
    moonchild
    +1
    You know what--- I'm tired of the boohooing over taxes.
  • Brad # ... moonchild 2012/06/29 12:09:10
    Brad # 2486547
    One way or another this bill forces money out of people's pockets in an attempt to insure the poor.

Obama says the mandate was not a TAX. The supreme court says it is. That makes Obama a liar.

2014/08/22 02:06:04