SUPREME COURT INSULTS AMERICA WITH LATEST DECISION

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/06/26 00:59:35
This morning, we have once again been reminded that our system of checks and balances no longer functions for the good of the American people.
Nine lawyers in the Supreme Court, hiding behind legalese written by other lawyers, has decided that Americans, through our various states, have no right to either enforce the sovereignty and security of our borders or demand that the federal government’s lawyers do so. Well, we don’t want to “play nice with the new Children!” We want to kick them the hell out of our country – a county OUR forefathers risked their lives to build and gave their blood to preserve.
The Supreme Court has made it very clear they don’t give a damn what we want. They have told us we MUST share the bounty of America with people only interested in taking from us whatever they can grab. The Supreme Court has told us illegal aliens deserve “their fair share of America” based solely on their presence in our country. How stupid! How infuriating! How deserving of an electoral landslide to correct this injustice!
If ever there was a moment for those who shy away from voting with the tired old “Oh I never vote because it makes no difference anyway” to grasp the danger all of America has been put in by this decision, that time has come. Well, we don’t want to “play nice with the new Children!” We want to kick them the hell out of our country – a county OUR forefathers risked their lives to build and gave their blood to preserve.
If ever there was a moment for those who shy away from voting with the tired old “Oh I never vote because it makes no difference anyway” to grasp the danger all of America has been put in by this decision, that time has come. SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS KEY PART OF ARIZONA IMMIGRATION LAW, STRIKES DOWN REST http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/supreme-court-upholds-key...

Read More: http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/supreme-court-...

+3
    I disagree - in 5-3 decision on three parts it, simply stated, reaffirmed that immigration is the province of the federal government. Want a change - 1. vote out those who refuse to uphold the laws of this land and 2. vote in someone who wants to reform our very broken laws, secure our borders and follows the laws of the land.

In an 8-0 decision they did uphold the right to check for legal status when stopping a law breaker. - will it stand? If and only if there is no racial motivation in the stops.

• Primitive Christian 2012/06/26 01:35:51
    Primitive Christian
    +1
    "The Supreme Court has made it very clear they don’t give a damn what we want."

It's not the Supreme Court's job to give us "what we want". What we may or may not want has nothing to do with their job. Their job in this case was to determine if the law in question is Constitutional (not a violation of the Constitution). That is their function. It doesn't matter whether we like it, or agree with it.
  • Striker 2012/06/26 01:31:39
    Striker
    +2
    Impeaching Obama would be good, but won't happen. Those who would impeach do not have the votes. It's thus not about right/wrong, it's about Liberty versus Force. Force won in 2008 and holds the "majority" of votes. Vote2012 will change nothing, because the People think it's all about Obama. Well, not hardly! It's one small step when many Giant Leaps are required. It's also about a Congress which is equally bad, and few are worrying about replacing them with People of Principle.

Our "Right to Life" has been replaced by the "greater good". Over these past 234 years our esteemed Rulers have blessed us with over 16,000 pages of "laws". of which surely more than 15,000 of those must be removed, which also won't be happening.

Where are the posts and the articles on how we ReStart with Liberty?
  • jgh57 2012/06/26 01:30:20
    jgh57
    +1
    The Supreme Fools strike again.
    +3

• jgh57 Jackie ... 2012/06/26 01:31:28
    jgh57
    +3
    I'm with you but who do we vote for? The republicans under Bush were just as guilty as the Democrats under Obama.
  • Jackie ... jgh57 2012/06/26 14:19:44
    +1
    Well we know why we have so we can only go with Romney and believe he will do what he says he will do
  • jgh57 Jackie ... 2012/06/26 21:11:59
    jgh57
    +2
    I voted Republican most of my life. However the far right of the Republican party scares me.
  • doofieg... jgh57 2012/06/26 21:33:54
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    Any radical thought process scares me! Anytime no one can be right but you, it's not a good thing! But Conservative I stay!
  • jgh57 doofieg... 2012/06/26 22:58:24
    jgh57
    I consider myself moderate. There are good ideas on the conservative and liberal side.
  • Jackie ... jgh57 2012/06/26 22:55:34
    +1
    Far left and far right give me heart burn - but considering they represent less that about 5% on right, I do not fear them. Far left, while a small percentage, dominate the democrats and I honestly think they (Progressives) are a very real threat to freedom and liberty.
    As a centrist, I tend not to like any extremes.
  • doofieg... Jackie ... 2012/06/26 23:54:54
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    What I was trying to say!
    +2
    None of the Az Law was UnConstitutional at all. It was a way of dealiong with Illegals. Unfortunately we have to follow a Kenyan's prom,ises to Mexicans.
  • Walt 2012/06/26 01:13:15
    Walt
    +3
    When our own system is not willing to look out for the best interests of the nation, the nation will not last.
  • Jackie ... Walt 2012/06/26 01:17:59
    +3
    Agree and the Supreme Court is doing its job - if we want to change how the feds do things then we must vote out those who refuse to uphold the laws
  • kir 2012/06/26 01:08:35
    kir
    +2
    "The Supreme Court has made it very clear they don’t give a damn what we want." -- Well this is true since the Supreme Court's obligation is not concerning what we the people want but what the constitution states; sometimes what the people want and what the constitution say are not the same--in that case it would be time to amend the constitution, not yell at the Supreme Court.
  • Striker kir 2012/06/26 01:20:00
    Striker
    +1
    I think that you don't "get it". America has a "justice system" owned and operated by Government, yet funded with monies stolen from the citizens which this Government is supposedly to "protect". SCOTUS is staffed not by constitutionalists, but by POLITICAL appointees.

The people have NO role in the fabled "balance of powers". The only possible way of fixing this is to completely close down this government and do a total ReStart. That will begin with the now-inevitable collapse. Might mankind be so fortunate as to have the survivors choose never again to be Governed?
  • jgh57 kir 2012/06/26 01:35:34
    jgh57
    +1
    I don't think the Constitution prevents the states from enforcing the law of the land. Any person who is in this country illegally is violating the law and is a criminal. Any law enforcement agency has the right and obligation to act. It does not matter if the agency is federal, state or local they have an obligation to enforce the law and arrest the criminal.
  • kir jgh57 2012/06/26 01:45:56
    kir
    I would say that it's most likely the case that the local governments don't have the authority to enforce federal law under the constitution, even in the case where the federal government is not acting on that law properly. Do local municipalities then have the right to uphold laws on the books at the state level that are not being upheld? There are plenty of those after all.
  • Primiti... kir 2012/06/26 01:41:20
    Primitive Christian
    I am disappointed to learn how many do not understand this basic function of the Supreme Court.
  • kir Primiti... 2012/06/26 01:45:09
    kir
    +1
    Well, in all actuality the true purpose of the supreme court is to handle disputes between states and the federal government. Constitutional review was something that was added later on and is technically not a power the supreme court truly has and so what the supreme court really does is voice their opinion and it happens to be that the executive branch and congress uphold that opinion.
  • jgh57 kir 2012/06/26 01:51:26
    jgh57
    Thank you for bringing this forward. I knew I had read this before but I could not remember how it was stated.
  • Primiti... kir 2012/06/26 02:03:34
    Primitive Christian
    They are the court of final appeal. I didn't claim that their initial function was to determine the Constitutionality of cases it hears. I claimed that it is now their function. regardless of how it became so.
  • chicago kir 2012/06/26 13:57:56
    chicago
    Well said. A thoughtful, reasonable, calm, intelligent and insightful response...what the hell are you doing on SH? This sight is for folks that USE CAPS a lot and make wild declarations with only a loose basis to the facts :-D
  • kir chicago 2012/06/26 15:21:40
    kir
    +1
    It's just another forum of discussion for me; I'm a big fan of discussion as a way to guage my own opinions and the opinions of others and I consider it a good learning experience. While I also have a blog, very few people if any actually comment on my posts.

People are welcome to post replies; I always feel lonely when nobody does so. http://politicoid.blogspot.com
  • chicago kir 2012/06/26 15:44:18
    chicago
    +1
    I'll do my best to assuage your loneliness!
  • kir chicago 2012/06/26 15:45:53

2014/12/21 08:37:07