Support Gay/Lesbian Marriage in the USA?

Mopvyzo 2010/05/25 09:52:08
For
Against
I do, because I believe everyone should have equal rights. Do you?

Not allowing them their right is discrimination, and our country should not discriminate.

Support Gay Marriage

equal rights

equal rights allowing discrimination country discriminate

• FunkyMunky 2010/05/25 14:57:07 (edited)
    For
    FunkyMunky
    +16
    People should have a choice to do what makes them happy. I believe in "Live and Let Live". As long as what they are doing does not directly impact your rights, everyday life, and happiness then there should not be any problem.

Life is short. Worry about yourself, and do not be so concerned with others' lives! (Unless maybe you look like this, then you have my attention :)

Live and Let Live.

rights life happiness life worry concerned lives attention live live

• RLars21 KFOR777 2010/05/27 06:28:01
    RLars21
    A. It' s not a lifestye. B. mariage predates Yahweh (and all religion) and people in India and China aren't Christians and get married C. How is MY MARRIAGE any of YOUR business. And since you're not gay and in my relationship.. how would you even KNOW if it's 'wrong'.
  • KFOR777 RLars21 2010/05/28 03:09:47
    KFOR777
    A. Your right, it's not a lifestye, it's a lifestyle. :)
    B. Marriage predates God? Since all things were created by God (including man) I can't see that being a possibility.
    C. Your marriage IS none of my business. I'm just answering a question. God says that it's wrong. God makes the rules, not me. God also gives you the freedom to choose how you should live your life. This is your choice.
  • Anna E KFOR777 2010/06/04 22:34:00
    Anna E
    +1
    Your god only popped out of the woodwork a few thousand years ago. By the time it came along there'd been many gods. IOW, your god is a noobie.
  • KFOR777 Anna E 2010/06/15 02:38:29
    KFOR777
    Our God IS the eternal God and only God has this attribute of eternality. "He who alone hath immortality." He had no beginning and will have no end. "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING, thou art God" (Psalms 90:2). This could be legitimately said to no-one else, except the Triune God.

God is eternal: biblical references

Deuteronomy 33:27; Rom.1:20; Eph.3:11; 1 Tim.1:17; Tit.1:2; Heb.9:12; Heb.9:14; 1 Jn.1:2; 1 Jn.5:20; Isa.57:15; Ps.41:13; 90:2; 93:2; 100:5; 103:17; 105:10; 106:48; 145:13; Jer.10:10; Dan.4:3,34; 7:14,27; Mic.5:2; Hab.1:12; Rev.1:18; Heb.1:18; Prov.8:23; Isa.9:6; 26:4; Ezek.16:60; 37:26; Isa.40:28.

Eternity is appropriate only for God
  • Anna E KFOR777 2010/06/21 03:35:32
    Anna E
    lol Same old dogma and rhetoric. People have been spewing the same garbage about their gods for a long time. Dr. Seuss books are just as valid and sometimes more believable than your holey book.
  • KFOR777 Anna E 2010/06/23 03:31:00
    KFOR777
    OK, so you don’t believe there is a God or you believe there are lots of gods out there.
    I believe there is only one true and living God and there is no other God before him.
    So what can I do to prove to you that the God of the bible is real and all the others are merely false idols?
    I’ve done some praying about this and the Lord brought to my memory a story found in 1 Kings 18.
    I know you won’t look it up so here is what it says:

Ahab, who was king of Israel at the time had abandoned the LORD's commands and followed the Baals (an ancient false gods). Elijah was God’s prophet a said to him and the people “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him." So Elijah challenged them to prove that Baal was the true God.
    22 Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only prophet of the Lord who is left, but Baal has 450 prophets. 23 Now bring two bulls. The prophets of Baal may choose whichever one they wish and cut it into pieces and lay it on the wood of their altar, but without setting fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and lay it on the wood on the altar, but not set fire to it. 24 Then call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to the wood is the true God!”...

22 Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only prophet of the Lord who is left, but Baal has 450 prophets. 23 Now bring two bulls. The prophets of Baal may choose whichever one they wish and cut it into pieces and lay it on the wood of their altar, but without setting fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and lay it on the wood on the altar, but not set fire to it. 24 Then call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to the wood is the true God!” And all the people agreed.
    25 Then Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “You go first, for there are many of you. Choose one of the bulls, and prepare it and call on the name of your god. But do not set fire to the wood.”
    26 So they prepared one of the bulls and placed it on the altar. Then they called on the name of Baal from morning until noontime, shouting, “O Baal, answer us!” But there was no reply of any kind. Then they danced, hobbling around the altar they had made.
    27 About noontime Elijah began mocking them. “You’ll have to shout louder,” he scoffed, “for surely he is a god! Perhaps he is daydreaming, or is relieving himself. Or maybe he is away on a trip, or is asleep and needs to be wakened!”
    28 So they shouted louder, and following their normal custom, they cut themselves with knives and swords until the blood gushed out. 29 They raved all afternoon until the time of the evening sacrifice, but still there was no sound, no reply, no response.
    30 Then Elijah called to the people, “Come over here!” They all crowded around him as he repaired the altar of the Lord that had been torn down. 31 He took twelve stones, one to represent each of the tribes of Israel, 32 and he used the stones to rebuild the altar in the name of the Lord. Then he dug a trench around the altar large enough to hold about three gallons. 33 He piled wood on the altar, cut the bull into pieces, and laid the pieces on the wood.
    Then he said, “Fill four large jars with water, and pour the water over the offering and the wood.”
    34 After they had done this, he said, “Do the same thing again!” And when they were finished, he said, “Now do it a third time!” So they did as he said, 35 and the water ran around the altar and even filled the trench.
    36 At the usual time for offering the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet walked up to the altar and prayed, “O Lord, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant. Prove that I have done all this at your command. 37 O Lord, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that you, O Lord, are God and that you have brought them back to yourself.”
    38 Immediately the fire of the Lord flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the trench!

I know that was a lot to read but here is my point. God can make Himself known to you. If you are really serious about it we can do something similar. Now I’m not talking about animal sacrifice or anything like that, but it will be something simple that will prove to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is God.
    Let me know if you are interested. If you know you are right… you should have any problems with putting your faith on the line.
  • Anna E KFOR777 2010/08/08 20:10:23 (edited)
    Anna E
    Right. If there is any such thing as a god in the first place, there's just as much to say there are millions of them as there is one. There were many gods before Judaism popped out of the woodwork and "found" Jehovah, Yahweh, or whatever it's name is. There's just as much evidence showing other gods created everything as there is showing Yahweh created everything. And what is written in the Bible is not evidence, it is simply hearsay. Basically it is human beings writing a book saying so-and-so is the biggest god because the book says so.
    It's literally impossible to prove anything about any gods. Hearsay is not proof and that is all the Quran, the Bible, etc. are is hearsay. That is why it is called "faith" not "fact".. And faith is simply the hope that whatever you believe is the truth.
  • RLars21 KFOR777 2010/06/14 05:29:17
    RLars21
    your God 'yaweh was only created by people a few thousand years ago. Sorry.
  • KFOR777 RLars21 2010/06/15 02:39:03
    KFOR777

God is eternal: biblical references

Eternity is appropriate only for God
  • RLars21 KFOR777 2010/06/15 03:48:21 (edited)
    RLars21
    Sorry but the God of the Bible is a mythological being created six thousand years ago that knows LESS than an AVERAGE person today. Sorry but the real God or source of life and the spirit world has NOTHING TO DO with the fact fictional being to which you refer. And the dogma of Yahweh being triune was created hundreds of years INTO the existence of Christianity by a council that 'decided' such was so.. sorry.. human creation.. can we move on now?
  • KFOR777 RLars21 2010/06/15 16:41:38
    KFOR777
    OK, what's your source?
  • RLars21 KFOR777 2010/06/16 00:46:06
    RLars21
    The three monotheistic religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - all purport to share one fundamental concept: belief in God as the Supreme Being, the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Known as "tawhid" in Islam, this concept of the Oneness of God was stressed by Moses in a Biblical passage known as the "Shema," or the Jewish creed of faith: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." (Deuteronomy 6:4)

It was repeated word-for-word approximately 1500 years later by Jesus when he said: "...The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord." (Mark 12:29)

Muhammad came along approximately 600 years later, bringing the same message again: "And your God is One God: There is no God but He, ..." (The Qur'an 2:163)

Christianity has digressed from the concept of the Oneness of God, however, into a vague and mysterious doctrine that was formulated during the fourth century. This doctrine, which continues to be a source of controversy both within and without the Christian religion, is known as the Doctrine of the Trinity. Simply put, the Christian doctrine of the Trinity states that God is the union of three divine persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - in one divine being.
    http://saif_w.tripod.com/inte...

How old is Humanity an...

http://saif_w.tripod.com/inte...

How old is Humanity and the Earth?

http://www.universetoday.com/...

We are a species of bipedal primates (apes). Look at the link above.
    How old does the Bible say the Earth is? it says 6,000 years. Bible PROVEN INCORRECT AGAIN (along with other mythologies)
  • KFOR777 RLars21 2010/06/16 03:04:10 (edited)
    KFOR777
    Please point me to the passages that says that the earth is 6000 years old. - Don't bother because you won't find it.
    Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
    When was it created? - In the BEGINNING.
    When was the beginning? - Only God knows! - but I can guarantee it was way longer than 6000 years ago.
    Now how long has human beings been here? - there's where you get 6000 years. From Adam to now has been around 6000 years. Does that mean that Adam was the first intelligent thing that God ever decided to create? - No, we see numerous mentions of angels and demons that were obviously here before Adam and the reforming of the earth.
    Bottom line is there is a LOT more untold history of this earth than the Bible tells us. The Bible picks up at the beginning of our portion of time that we are here on this earth. It is what we need to know for right now. Later all things will be revealed.
  • RLars21 KFOR777 2010/06/16 07:22:54
    RLars21
    but it doesn't there are human civilizations four that are over ten thousand years old, and we know that humans have been hear as homo sapiens sapiens for at least two hundred thousand years. So the Bible got it wrong. (how couldn't they it was with the EXPLICIT intent to be symbolic, not knowing that people in the future would take it literally.
  • Anna E RLars21 2010/06/21 03:38:31
    Anna E
    +1
    Actually it was written by people on those old times for people in those old times. Since then there have been many books of wisdom and most do not support the idea of an immature, narcissistic, and murderous god like the one in the Bible. :)
  • RLars21 Anna E 2010/06/21 07:01:53
    RLars21
    i agree
  • KFOR777 RLars21 2010/06/23 03:33:29
    KFOR777

• RLars21 KFOR777 2010/06/23 05:34:25
    RLars21
    Actually I"ve met the Source that you could call 'God' when I had a near death experience. So i know for a FACT that not only is there life after death but that there is a supreme force. The God of the Bible is man made ( a modern mythology) similar to Zeus, Thor etc. He's a projection of the human Ego. The real God does not care for religion unless it brings goodness some how. Also in every time period every person who believed in the mythology of their day believed that THEIRS was NOT mythology but the others were! Christianity is just this generations mythological beliefs sytem! Also, I have a bachelors degree in religion
  • Anna E 2010/05/27 01:44:35
    For
    Anna E
    +1
    People who love each other should be allowed to do as they please. The only bad thing about gay marriage is that other people seem to think they have the right to say what goes on in other people's lives when it is none of their business.
    If religious people don't like it, they can let their gods decide what to do about it. Personally, I don't think any gods give a damn what we do.
  • X.x.Total_Disorder.X.x 2010/05/27 01:41:59
    For
    X.x.Total_Disorder.X.x
    +2
    IM ALL FOR GAY MARRIAGE
    I THINK PPL SHUD B ABLE 2 CHOOSE WHO THEY WANNA MARRY & I DONT THINK PPL SHUD B THERE 2 SAY "HEY THEYR DA SAME SEX AS U ITS NOT POSSIBLE...WIERDO!!!" & CRAP
    I THINK PPL SHOULD JUST SUPPORT THEIR DECISIONS & STUFF...YEAH =)
  • Sacred Flame 2010/05/27 01:11:58
    For
    Sacred Flame
    +2
    Everyone has a right to equal rights..to be married also if that's what makes them happy,everyone has a right to contentment,equality,happines... that you are united with the person you truly care about...united as husband & wife/husband & husband/wife & wife....
    Those who oppose against such are odd to me as why is it taken so personally when you're not involved with this neither are they the bride or groom.
    Nevertheless,my most sincere wishes and congrats to all those who have found love whether it be in the hetereosexual,homosexual or bisexual community.I wish you joy and happiness throughout your lives...and hold on to your love as its one of the hardest things in the world to do...find one who truly loves you and who you truly love and being together. community joy happiness lives hold love hardest world loves love community joy happiness lives hold love hardest world loves love community joy happiness lives hold love hardest world loves love
  • ♥♥Hearts♥♥Of♥♥Hearts♥♥ 2010/05/27 00:57:07 (edited)
    Against
    ♥♥Hearts♥♥Of♥♥Hearts♥♥
    +4
    No it's not right. Don't judge me I can love and be friends with anyone, and I'm not gonna treat you different or tell you you're going to hell because I dont know what your future holds or what God has instore for you. But I will not tell you that it's okay or that I'm for it just because we're friends. God and his law will always come first. Don't get mad that's just how it is.

Thank you :D
  • LouOlson ♥♥Heart... 2010/05/27 02:11:48
    LouOlson
    +1
    ... epic fail!
  • ♥♥Heart... LouOlson 2010/05/27 11:15:18
    ♥♥Hearts♥♥Of♥♥Hearts♥♥
    Go away you're only trying to start something. If you have nothing better to say then do not pester me.
  • RobynSchwalmClark 2010/05/27 00:41:53
    Against
    RobynSchwalmClark
    +6
    Marriage is holy and created by God in the Garden of Eden between a man and a woman. If Gays want to create a union of their own, then fine. However, do not call it marriage and expect everyone to support it. I've had/have gay friends and if they want to be together then that's fine...however, call it something else. Not marriage, that's how you got here, between a man and a woman. If two people of the same sex can create a child, then call you can call it a marriage but until then...nope. Sorry, Charlie, another name.
  • Anna E RobynSc... 2010/05/27 01:59:59 (edited)
    Anna E
    No-one ever got married before Judaism came up with its single god?
    Mesopotamia is widely thought of to be the cradle of civilisation and from Mesopotamian texts, we have found marriage laws dating back to between 5000 and 5500 BC. Since then there have been marriages in ancient Hinduism, ancient Greece, ancient China, etc. long before Christianity came into the scene.
    Marriage is a generic term. No religion has a copyright on it.
    And BTW, in thousands of years, a fraction of our human population has been gay and into the foreseeable future there will be gay people..
  • Homunculus Anna E 2010/05/27 05:34:00
    Homunculus
    +1
    Well said.

But I challenge you to point to any of those cultures dating back to and even up to the Sumerian's that would "marry anything" other than a man and a woman. Nice try though, and in honor of the movie "thank you for not smoking"....well done;)
  • Anna E Homunculus 2010/06/01 00:50:06
    Anna E
    +1
    Why would I bother? It is irrelevant. My point was that Judeo-Christian sects did not invent marriage and so cannot claim the practise as something they have any say over.
    BUT, as you asked, an Innu marriage used to be between two people of whatever gender wanted to get married.
    The marriage was ritualised by placing two crossed sticks on the ground. Divorce was just as easily done by uncrossing the sticks.
    The Innu were not the only aboriginal North American societies to have gay marriage either.
    There were also same-gender marriages in ancient Rome, ancient China, and ancient Greece.
    If you are going to argue with someone who has a degree in anthropology, you'd better be sure of your facts first.
    Anyway, regardless of how old homosexual relations is, and whether religions like it or not, it won't go away. So victimising and traumatising humans for being gay and wanting to be treated equally with other humans is not what I'd consider to be a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu trait in harmony with their particular philosophies.
  • Homunculus Anna E 2010/06/01 04:02:52
    Homunculus
    Oohhh so your an Anthropology degree? Well then... you should appreciate this to the discussion darl'n

oohhh anthropology degree discussion darln

Impressive huh?! Go on...take another look:P

And no one is "victimizing" and "traumatizing" homosexuals by requiring they have equal rights to heterosexuals but for not allowing the redefinition of language. i.e Civil Unions v. Marriage. For more reasoned discussion see post responding to your inanities below.
  • Anna E Homunculus 2010/06/04 22:38:57
    Anna E
    +1
    No, I am not an anthropology degree, child. I have an anthropology degree.
    What's with the pic of the ape? Does that prove your point or are you just jealous that it has balls and you don't?
    lmao No, they aren't victimizing and traumatizing homosexuals by requiring they should be equal. They are victimizing and thgraumatizing homosexuals by keeping them FROM being equal.
    You wouldn't know a reasoned argument if it sat on your face and dropped a load. lol
  • Homunculus Anna E 2010/06/05 05:35:06
    Homunculus
    Hey Anna E....take another look! I know you want to. Go on and exercise that degree of yours and take another look at his balls. You lustful educated wench you:)

Anyway no reasoned argument has been made against Homo's having the same rights to misery as heterosexuals now enjoy with marriage. Where the argument arises is over gays usurping the word "marriage" for their same sex unions. Or civil unions, or whatever other definition they want create for it, but its never been a "marriage." Now I wont argue that if fags shut up and take civil unions with equal benefits tomorrow, it wont be called marriage in 20 years. But it stands..."marriage" has always been defined as a union between a "man" and a "woman" period. If gays want to call it Ennu stick crossings fine, but ix nay on the marriage nay.

So...and again...no one is "victimizing" and "dehumanizing" gays by refusing them to redefine language for zeitgeist. A new word for their unions is required to keep the peace, at least for now.
  • Anna E Homunculus 2010/06/11 15:29:25
    Anna E
    Well, like it or not, child, gay MARRIAGE is the way it is in countries and states, not civil unions or whatever other nonsensical appellation your tiny little brain comes up with, so you might as well suck it up, buttercup, it won't change. :)
    Besides that, the etymology of the actual word "marriage" is from about c.1300, from the Old French origin mariage (12c.), according to the online etymology dictionary, so no-one was married before about 700 years ago anyway.
  • Homunculus Anna E 2010/06/11 20:40:26
    Homunculus
    Nope. As I illustrated in my earlier posts they are not "marriages"

You can keep living in mental mediocrity but that hardly changes the facts as they are today.
  • LouOlson RobynSc... 2010/05/27 02:14:09
    LouOlson
    +2
    if anything that history has told us is that the bible has cause alot of problems not to mention most of the worlds wars
  • Homunculus LouOlson 2010/06/03 06:57:05
    Homunculus
    Most....of the worlds wars? Responsible for these?

*
    o Battle of Zhuolu about 2500 BC
    o Kurukshetra War, based on warfare in the Kuru kingdom of ancient India, ca. 3000-900 BC
    o Trojan War, based on events of ca. 1200 BC
    * ca. 2530 BC - Battle of Magh Ithe in Ireland
    * ca. 2500-2450 BC - Border wars between Umma and Lagash
    * ca. 2492 BC - Battle between Haik and Nimrod
    * ca. 2330 BC - conquest of Sumer by Lugalzagesi
    * 2300 BC - conquests of Sargon of Akkad
    * ca. 1720 BC - Kassite attacks on Babylon
    * 1650-1600 BC - conquests of Hattusili I and Mursili I
    * 1600 BC - Hyksos conquest of Egypt
    * 1600 BC - Xia-Shang War in China
    * 1430-1350 BC - Kaska invasions of Hatti
    * 1100 BC - Sea Peoples harrying the Mediterranean; Dorian invasion
    * 1046 BC - Shang-Zhou War in China.

[edit] 999 BC - 1 BC

* 740 BC - 720 BC First Messenian War
    * 722 BC - 481 BCE Wars of the Chinese Spring and Autumn Period
    * 710 BC - 650 BC - Lelantine War
    * 701 BC - Sennacherib's campaigns in the Near East
    * 685 BC - 668 BC Second Messenian War
    * 595 BC - 585 BC First Sacred War
    * 499 BC - 448 BC Persian Wars
    o 499 BC - 494 BC Ionian Revolt
    o 492 BC - 490 BC First Persian invasion of Greece
    o 480 ...

*
    o Battle of Zhuolu about 2500 BC
    * 1600 BC - Hyksos conquest of Egypt
    * 1600 BC - Xia-Shang War in China
    * 1046 BC - Shang-Zhou War in China.

[edit] 999 BC - 1 BC

* 740 BC - 720 BC First Messenian War
    * 710 BC - 650 BC - Lelantine War
    * 685 BC - 668 BC Second Messenian War
    * 595 BC - 585 BC First Sacred War
    * 499 BC - 448 BC Persian Wars
    o 499 BC - 494 BC Ionian Revolt
    o 480 BC - 479 BC Second Persian invasion of Greece
    o 478 BC - 477 BC Greek counterattack
    o 476 BC - 449 BC Wars of the Delian League
    * 480 BC First Sicilian War
    * 475 BC - 221 BC Wars of Warring States Period in China
    o 260 BC - Battle of Changping
    * 464 BC - 455 BC 3rd Messenian War
    * 460 BC - 445 BC First Peloponnesian War
    * 449 BC - 448 BC Second Sacred War
    * 431 BC - 404 BC Second Peloponnesian War
    * 410 BC - 340 BC Second Sicilian War
    * 395 BC - 387 BC Corinthian War
    * 358 BC - 338 BC Wars of the Rise of Macedon
    * 357 BC - 355 BC Social War
    * 356 BC - 346 BC Third Sacred War
    * 343 BC - 290 BC Samnite Wars between Rome and Samnium
    o 343 BC - 341 BC First Samnite War
    o 327 BC - 304 BC Second Samnite War
    o 298 BC - 290 BC Third Samnite War
    * 334 BC - 323 BC Wars of Alexander the Great
    * 323 BC - 322 BC Lamian War
    * 323 BC - 280 BC Wars of the Diadochi
    * 315 BC - 307 BC Third Sicilian War
    * 274 BC - 200 BC Syrian Wars
    o 274 BC - 271 BC First Syrian War
    o 260 BC - 255 BC Second Syrian War
    o 245 BC - 241 BC Third Syrian War
    o 219 BC - 217 BC Fourth Syrian War
    o 202 BC - 200 BC Fifth Syrian War
    * 267 BC - 261 BC Chremonidean War
    * 265 BC - 263 BC Kalinga War
    * 264 BC - 146 BC Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage
    o 264 BC - 241 BC First Punic War
    o 218 BC - 202 BC Second Punic War
    o 149 BC - 146 BC Third Punic War
    * 215 BC - 168 BC Macedonian Wars
    o 215 BC - 205 BC First Macedonian War
    o 200 BC - 196 BC Second Macedonian War
    o 171 BC - 168 BC Third Macedonian War
    * 209 BC - 88 BC Parthian–Seleucid Wars
    * 206 BC - 202 BC Chu-Han contention in China
    * 191 BC - 188 BC Roman-Syrian War
    * 135 BC - 71 BC Roman Servile Wars
    o 135 BC - 132 BC First Servile War
    o 104 BC - 100 BC Second Servile War
    o 73 BC - 71 BC Third Servile War or Spartacist Rebellion
    * 133 BC - 89 BC Sino-Xiongnu War
    * 122 BC - 105 BC Jugurthine War
    * 113 BC - 101 BC Cimbrian War
    * 109 BC - 108 BC Gojoseon-Han War
    * 91 BC - 88 BC Social War
    * 88 BC - 87 BC Sulla's first civil war
    * 89 BC - 63 BC Mithridatic Wars
    o 89 BC - 85 BC First Mithridatic War
    o 83 BC - 82 BC Second Mithridatic War
    o 74 BC - 63 BC Third Mithridatic War
    * 82 BC - 81 BC Sulla's second civil war
    * 58 BC - 50 BC Julius Caesar's Gallic Wars
    * 55 BC - 54 BC Julius Caesar's Roman invasion of Britain
    * 53 BC - 51 BC Parthian War of Marcus Licinius Crassus
    * 49 BC - 45 BC Caesar's civil war
    * 44 BC - 30 BC Roman Civil War
    o 44 BC Post-Caesarian civil war
    o 44 BC - 42 BC The Liberators' civil war
    o 44 BC - 36 BC Sicilian revolt
    o 41 BC - 40 BC Fulvia's civil war
    o 32 BC - 30 BC Antony's civil war
    * 40 BC - 37 BC Parthian invasion on Syria and Asia Minor
    * 36 BC - 33 BC Marc Anthony's invasion on Parthian Empire

34 BC-22 BC Chinese War
    [edit] AD 1 - 999

* 17 - 27 Chimei
    * 43 Aulus Plautius' Roman occupation of Britain
    * 58 - 63 Roman-Parthian War over Armenia
    * 60 - 61 Boudica's Uprising
    * 66 - 70 The first Jewish-Roman War (aka the Great Jewish Revolt)
    * 68 Year of the four emperors, Roman civil war
    * 69 - 70 Revolt of the Batavi
    * 101 - 106 Trajan's Dacian Wars
    * 115 - 117 Trajan' s invasion on Parthian Empire
    * 115 - 117 Second Jewish-Roman War
    * 132 - 135 Third Jewish-Roman War (aka Bar Kokhba's revolt)
    * 161 - 166 Parthian war of Lucius Verus
    * 166 - 180 Marcomannic Wars
    * 184 - 205 Yellow Turban Rebellion in China
    * 190 - 191 Campaign against Dong Zhuo in China - A War of the Three Kingdoms
    * 193 - 199 Parthian war of Septimius Severus
    * 194 - 199 Sun Ce's Conquest of Wu in China - A War of the Three Kingdoms
    * 215 - 217 Parthian war of Caracalla
    * 220 - 265 War of Three Kingdoms in China
    * 228 - 234 Northern Expeditions of Zhuge Liang in China
    * 247 - 262 Jiang Wei's Northern Expeditions in China- A War of the Three Kingdoms
    * 272 - 274 Palmyrene War of Aurelian
    * 291 - 306 War of the Eight Princes in China
    * 316 - 589 Civil Wars in China triggered by Wu Hu Invasion, lasted until 589 by Southern and Northern Dynasties
    * 376 - 382 Gothic War in the Balkans
    * 502 - 506 Anastasian War against the Persians
    * 526 - 532 Iberian War between East Romans and Persians over Caucasian Iberia
    * 527 - 528 Iwai Rebellion in Japan
    * 533 - 534 Vandalic War in North Africa
    * 534 - 547 Wars against the Moors in North Africa
    * 535 - 553 Gothic War in Italy
    * 541 - 562 Lazic War between East Romans and Persians over Lazica
    * 572 - 591 Roman-Persian War of 572–591
    * 588 First Perso-Turkic War
    * 588 - 589 Chen-Sui Wars in China
    * 598 - 614 Goguryeo-Sui Wars in Korea
    * ~600 - 793 Frisian-Frankish Wars
    * 602 - 628 Byzantine-Sassanid War of 602–628
    * 613 - 628 Transition from Sui to Tang in China
    * 619 Second Perso-Turkic War
    * 627 Battle of Nineveh (627), Third Perso-Turkic War
    * 629 - 630 Tang-Göktürks War
    * 632 - 633 Ridda wars
    * 632 - 677 Byzantine-Arab Wars
    * 633 - 651 Islamic Conquest of Sassanid Empire
    * 634 - 635 Tang-Tuyuhun War
    * 638 Battle of Songzhou, Tang-Tufan War
    * 639 - 641 Islamic conquest of Egypt
    * 640 - 648 Tang-Xiyu states War
    * 645 - 668 Goguryeo-Tang Wars in Korea
    * 645 - 646 Tang-Xueyantuo Wars
    * 656 – 661 First Islamic civil war
    * 650s-737 Khazar-Arab Wars
    * 670 - 676 Silla-Tang War in Korea
    * 663 Battle of Baekgang
    * 672 Jinshin War
    * 680 - 1355 Byzantine-Bulgarian Wars
    * 711 - 718 Islamic conquest of Hispania
    * 715 - 718 Frankish Civil War
    * 717 - 718 Siege of Constantinople by the Arabs
    * 718 - 1492 Spanish Reconquista
    * 732 Balhae expedition to Tang China
    * 721 - 737 Arab-Frankish Wars
    * 751 Arab-Chinese War
    * 756 - 763 An Shi Rebellion China
    * 772 - 804 Saxon Wars
    * 793 - 1066 Viking raids across Europe
    * 827 - 902 Arab conquest of Sicily
    * 868 - 883 Zanj Rebellion in southern Iraq
    * 892 - 936 War of Later Three Kingdoms in Korea
    * 894 - 970 Magyar raids in Germany, France, Italy and Byzantine
    * 907 - 960 Chinese Civil War (Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms)
    * 927 Croatian-Bulgarian War
    * 941 Siege of Constantinople by the Igor of Kyiv
    * 977 - 978 War of the Three Henries
    * 993 First Goryeo-Khitan War
    * 999 Viking Civil War

I fail to see what the "bible" aka Christianity had to do with any of these but...from 1000-1499ad there are many Christian wars, many uninspired by religion, many inspired. There are Mongol invasions not attributed to Christ, there are Japanese wars and ottoman wars of conquest...but lets say to humor you half are due to the "bible"

From 1500-1799 an easy argument is more than half of all conflicts have serious Christian religiosity in some greater or lesser form. Although human politics still reigns supreme as base line motivators of conquest.

In addition the Koran has to take equal blame in this era as there are many many Ottoman conquests to further the reign of their empire. Ironically Christian England "helped" the Ottomans against the Byzantines pre 1500's and to current 1500-1799 period (but im being sloppy as its not absolute the support in period) to keep a major land power form developing in central Europa. As England is Christian and the Ottomans are Muslims (byzantine was Christian) it makes this your argument the bible was solely to blame with regard to England helping the ottoman empire fuzzy.

1800-1899 wars are in little inspired by religiosity but a quest for resources, power, empire building, independence, and a myriad of other if not religious inspired reasons. Although we have quite a few jihad (muslim) inspired conflicts during this era.

I feel lazy so Ill wrap it up. 1900-1944 was much more leaning towards empire of states vying for dominance. 1945-1989 ideological. 1990-2002 global balance. And 2003- to current maintenance of status quo.

Bottom line is Christianity aka the bi-bul is hardly responsible for the "majority" of wars. Its just one in a long and distinguished list of reasons we humans look to to give reason to kill each other. "So let it be written, so let it be so!"
  • LouOlson Homunculus 2010/06/03 19:10:11
    LouOlson
    o.O ..... wow....you got me mister... you win for that one.
  • Homunculus RobynSc... 2010/05/27 05:29:04
    Homunculus
    +1
    Word.

Thats the primaryissue I have with the redefinition of marriage through zeitgeist. Its a silly deception and only causes confusion by suborning the meaning of words like marriage and family. Marriage has always meant a union between a man and a woman, period. And for the use of the word family....if your parents or neighbors ask you after marriage the common question: "when do you plan on starting a family?"...what does that mean? Your already married...so clearly the message is your not yet a family. A family is more then two, its the creation of offspring formed by that union that fulfills the definition of family. Adoptions muddy those waters and I have a headache so Im retiring form this debate.
  • Anna E Homunculus 2010/06/01 00:55:08
    Anna E
    That marriage has always been only limited to heterosexual relationships is only your opinion and is not fact and it is not even a fact today.
  • Homunculus Anna E 2010/06/01 03:53:44
    Homunculus
    Its a fact today and it was yesterday too sweetheart. You self proclaimed Anthropology degree is obviously wasted by your left leaning ideology. I'm unimpressed by your arguments, and as of yet your intellect.

Your pulling obscure mud cultures into inappropriate comparisons with civilized societies in a vain and uninspired attempt to bolster your argument. So far its epic fail.

No major "religion" of any of the recognized "civilized" (agricultural) societies have ever condoned same sex marriages. Period. Not in Rome, nor contrary to popular zeitgeist Greece. They tolerated homosexuals but no mainstream religion from zeus to jupiter would touch that one. Nor would Athena or Aphrodite. Your using the hunter gatherer societies like the Ennu and their animist belief structures to legitimize their primitive belief structure into modern society? Wtf? There are many "many" primitive tribes around the world that conducted (conduct still) what civilized societies would consider "deviant" behavior. Aka Cannibalism/Homosexuality. In fact there is a disturbing link between the two in many primitive cultures throughout the world, and as an "anthropologist" you should be aware this is of considerable study in that field.

Ironically many cannibalistic societies also "condone" homosexual...

Ironically many cannibalistic societies also "condone" homosexual relations (see Peru's Arakmbut and Papua New Guinea's Sambia). That doesn't legitimize those cultural expressions as constructive or to be accepted by civilized cultures by any means or under any measure.

Lets focus on the Sambia for a second....the cultural rite of passage for each young boy to become a man is to be "impregnated" by all the male members of the tribe. "Yuck!" This after having already been "paired" up as little boys with a male member of the tribe for...(drum-roll)...you guesses it man boy love aka homosexual pedophilia Looking at the women of the Sambia tribe I can see what drove that culture to rampant homosexuality, but the institutionalized homosexual rape of little boys is beyond repugnant regardless of how repulsive the women of the tribe are. But your moral relativistic proclivities see no fault in primitive nambla pedophilia does it?

The larger point is....your argument is not well thought out. Im not impressed that you have "half" a clue to anthropology, but to steal a line from one of my soda friends "your like a paraplegic trying to fight a jedi." Your actually more like a paraplegic trying to fight a sith lord...but you get my message. Try harder next time sweetheart. Not all cultures are equal regardless of what you want to believe. And thats not an opinion, its a fact.

My only disclaimer is every thing I said I meant and is beyond reproach ;)
  • Anna E Homunculus 2010/06/04 22:53:18
    Anna E
    It isn't fact. Marriage can be between two of the same gender. Apparently you are unaware that gay people get married these days in secveral countries and in several States.
    You wouldn't know intellect if it sat on your face and shat.
    You are dead wrong that no religions have condoned same sex marriages.
    But, I don't care what religions do. They are not the be all of end alls. They are simply the Disney version of human relations with gods; a crutch to help the weak deal with the realities of their lives.
    Speaking of realities, you provide no evidence but your own opinion to rebut my links and evidence. So basically, whatever you say is simple hearsay. And you tell me I am weak? roflmao
    If childish references to a couple fantasy movies is all you have, I think you'd better save your breath to blow up your boyfriend with. roflmao childish references couple fantasy movies save breath blow boyfriend

2014/12/22 07:10:22