Superbowl 46 - biggest worldwide viewership (210,000,000,000 viewers) GM ad was the biggest cheap shot in superbowl ad history? I think so!!!!!

wicked soda boy 2012/02/07 05:06:56
GM (an American company that was bailed out by taxpayers, which according to Barry Husein should NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN). Huh? Which is it Barry? Double standard anyone?????

• Sam-I-am 2012/02/18 22:53:30
    Sam-I-am
    huh... I wasn't paying attention. I don't care really. Sorry!
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/02/11 15:30:51
    Jorge Enriquez
    +1
    too many zeros....people or dollars in their pocket?? money pocket
  • wicked ... Jorge E... 2012/02/12 16:08:42 (edited)
    wicked soda boy
    +1
    Very nice...those pockets!
  • Red_Horse 2012/02/08 16:23:41
  • Red_Horse 2012/02/08 07:29:22
  • wicked ... Red_Horse 2012/02/08 14:57:38
    wicked soda boy
    It makes a difference to the advertisers. :D
  • Red_Horse wicked ... 2012/02/08 15:17:49
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/02/08 02:49:04
    ✞Knight of Honor
    This was the real American car ad; even though Chrysler and these vehicles are now owned by Fiat, an Italian Company.
  • Red_Horse 2012/02/08 00:46:16
  • TTT Red_Horse 2012/02/08 04:24:06
    TTT
    7 Billion people on Earth
  • Red_Horse TTT 2012/02/08 06:39:35
  • TTT Red_Horse 2012/02/09 00:49:35
    TTT
    +1
    You're welcome!! When you said "I think" I assumed you weren't quite certain. Since I was, I figured i'd share.. :)
  • wicked ... Red_Horse 2012/02/08 14:30:30
    wicked soda boy
    Yes. 210,000,000, not 210,000,000,000. I'm so used to hearing about the billions and billions of spending from Washington, I got carried away with the zeros.
  • Red_Horse wicked ... 2012/02/08 14:36:06
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2012/02/07 22:45:12
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +1
    210 billion viewers. I think someone is exagrerating.
  • wicked ... LesWagg... 2012/02/07 23:19:45
    wicked soda boy
    +1
    Yes, a few of my friends pointed that out to me.
    I went a little crazy on the zero key last night. Oops.
  • LesWagg... wicked ... 2012/02/08 19:07:30
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +1
    Must be a NYG fan.
  • wicked ... LesWagg... 2012/02/08 19:24:09
    wicked soda boy
    +1
    Maybe that's why I had too many zeros. I was celebrating the Giants win, and had a little too much champagne. He he!
  • Max7 2012/02/07 10:43:01
    Max7
    +1
    Superbowl fine, glad for the NYG's win, Clint Eastwood, no! President Barack H. Obama, I say yes to another four years. The worse thing that could happen to America is to put Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich in the White House, God forbid. Even the Republicans are insisting that Newt is not the one, and they are having their doubts about Mitt. To place either of those men in the White House, would be like having four more years of Cheney and Bush. Those who are upset about the automotive bailout was not affected by the Cheney and Bush administration, and the auto industry was hit hard by that administration. Now in places like Detroit, Mi., Toledo, Ohio, and Indiana, people are working because jobs have been restored, homes are being salvaged from going into foreclosure, and people are now able to depend upon health benefits. The Republicans need to take a good look at their party, they need to first of all recognize the fact that they're in the positions that they're in to serve the American people, not to scam them and take from the elderly, and make comments that indicate mistreating young kids because of the color of their skin, and want to evoke unfair labor upon them. The Republicans are too concerned with their own wealth and their well being, and their rhetoric is down right uncivil, it's scary. When you size up the parties, anyone with good common sense, would have a problem with any of the GOP candidates running our country.
  • shultzh... Max7 2012/02/07 16:08:48
    shultzhound
    +3
    To have four more years of Obama is like having the worst president ever continue his destruction of America.
    FAILED ON HOUSING

PROMISE: Obama Promised Nevadans That He Would “Act Quickly To Help People Stay In Their Homes” “I’ll also act quickly to help people stay in their homes, something that’s especially critical here in Nevada where foreclosure rates are five times the national average. I’ll help responsible homeowners refinance their mortgages on affordable terms, and put in place a three-month moratorium on foreclosures to give folks the breathing room they need to get back on their feet. And I won’t let banks and lenders off the hook when it was their greed and irresponsibility that got us into this mess.” (Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At A Campaign Event, Reno, NV, 10/25/08)

FAILURE: Obama’s “Mosaic” Of Housing Policies Is “Entering Its Fourth Year Of Weak Sales And High Foreclosures.” “The proposal, to be released in the coming weeks, is the latest addition to a mosaic of Obama administration programs aimed at boosting the housing market, which is entering its fourth year of weak sales and high foreclosures.” (Lorraine Woellert, “Obama Pushes Proposal To Streamline Refinancing For Homeowners,” Bloomberg, 1/25/12)

Under Obama’s Housing Programs “Fewer Than 1,...

&

&

FAILED ON HOUSING

Under Obama’s Housing Programs “Fewer Than 1,000 Loans Have Refinanced.” ”Haven’t similar programs been tried before? Yes. But those programs put in place a series of rules designed to ensure that government entities weren’t taking on more risk by allowing investors and banks to offload risky mortgages onto the government. In 2010, for example, the Obama administration rolled out a program to let underwater borrowers refinance through the FHA, but that program required banks to first write down loan balances so that borrowers could qualify under existing rules. Fewer than 1,000 loans have refinanced through the program. Congress approved a more complicated version of this idea in spring 2008 called Hope for Homeowners, but it also resulted in just a few hundred refinances.” (Nick Timiraos, “Six Questions On Obama’s Mortgage Refinance Proposal,” The Wall Street Journal, 1/25/12

FAILED ON AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE

IN 2008, OBAMA PROMISED NEVADANS THAT HIS HEALTH CARE PLAN WOULD LOWER PREMIUMS

PROMISE: Obama Said That Under His Plan, Americans Would See “Lower Premiums.” “If you have health insurance, the only thing that will change under my plan is that we will lower premiums.” (Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At A Campaign Event, Reno, NV, 10/25/08)

FAILURE: Factcheck.org: ObamaCare Is Actually Making Health Care “Less Affordable.” “At the moment, the new law is making health care slightly less affordable. Independent health care experts say the law has caused some insurance premiums to rise. As we wrote in October, the new law has caused about a 1 percent to 3 percent increase in health insurance premiums for employer-sponsored family plans because of requirements for increased benefits. Last year’s premium increases cast even more doubt on another promise the president has made – that the health care law would ‘lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year.’” (D’Angelo Gore, “Promises, Promises,” Factcheck.org, 1/4/12)

•The Washington Post ‘s The Fact Checker: “Insurance Premiums Have Gone Up . . .” “Moreover, at this point it is debatable whether the law has made health care more affordable. Insurance premiums have gone up, in part because of new benefits mandated by the law.” (Glenn Kessler, “The Fine Print In Obama’s ‘Promises Kept’ Ad,” The Washington Post’s ” The Fact Checker,” 1/6/12)
    Kaiser Study Found That Costs Of Family Coverage “Climbed” 9 Percent In 2011. “The average cost of a family policy climbed 9 percent in 2011 to $15,073, according to a poll of 2,088 private companies and state and local government agencies by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation in Menlo Park, California, and the Chicago- based American Hospital Association’s Health Research and Educational Trust.” (Jeffrey Young, “Health-Benefit Costs Rise Most In Six Years,” Bloomberg, 9/27/11)

•Workers Paid An Average Of $132 More For Family Coverage In 2011 Than They Did In 2010. “Although premiums rose, employers kept the percentage of the premium workers pay about the same: An average of 18 percent for single coverage and 28 percent for family plans. Still, with rising costs, workers paid more, up an average of $132 a year for family coverage. Since 1999, the dollar amount workers contribute toward premiums nationally has grown 168 percent, while their wages have grown by 50 percent, according to the survey.” (Julie Appleby, “Cost Of Employer Insurance Plans Surge In 2011,” Kaiser Health News, 9/27/11)
    •The Cost Of Single Employee Coverage Grew 8 Percent According To The Kaiser Survey. “Family plan premiums hit $15,073 on average, while coverage for single employees grew 8 percent to $5,429, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust. (KHN is an editorially-independent program of the foundation.)” (Julie Appleby, “Cost Of Employer Insurance Plans Surge In 2011,” Kaiser Health News, 9/27/11

FAILED ON GREEN ENERGY JOBS

IN 2008, OBAMA PROMISED TO CREATE GREEN ENERGY JOBS AND REDUCE DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL

PROMISE: Obama Said He Would “Create Five Million” New Jobs And “End Our Dependence On Oil From Middle East Dictators.” “If I am President, I will invest $15 billion a year in renewable sources of energy to create five million new, green jobs over the next decade – jobs that pay well and can’t be outsourced; jobs building solar panels and wind turbines and fuel-efficient cars; jobs that will help us end our dependence on oil from Middle East dictators.” (Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At A Campaign Event, Reno, NV, 10/25/08)

FAILURE: Obama Has Taken Credit For 2.7 Million Green Energy Jobs That He Did Not Create. “The Brookings Institution study refers to 2.7 million workers currently employed by the clean economy — not the number of jobs created by Obama, which a viewer might interpret from the ad. The report found that ‘clean economy establishments’ added half a million jobs between 2003 and 2010, comprising six years of the Bush administration.” (“AdWatch: Obama’s 1st Campaign TV Ad Defends His Energy Record Without Feel-Good Images,” The Associated Press, 1/20/12)

Obama’s $38.6 Billion Green Loan Program Created Only 3,500 Jobs, But Obama Had Predicted It Would Save Or Create 65,000. “The Washington Post reported in September that Mr. Obama’s $38.6 billion green loan program had created a mere 3,500 jobs over two years. He had predicted it would ‘save or create’ 65,000.” (Editorial, “The Non-Green Job Boom,” The Wall Street Journal, 11/28/11)

•Obama’s $500 Million Program Designed To Train Workers For Green Jobs “Has Come Up Far Short Of Its Goals.” “The Labor Department’s inspector general says a $500 million program designed to train workers for green jobs has come up far short of its goals. A report finds that only about 8,000 people participating in the program have actually found work so far. That’s just 10 percent of the target goal of placing 80,000 workers in careers in energy efficiency or renewable energy by 2013.” (“Report Says Green Jobs Program Far Short Of Goals,” The Associated Press, 10/3/11)
    It Is “Absolutely Not True” That Obama’s Policies Have Helped Wean The U.S. From Foreign Oil. “When asked, though, whether the Obama administration’s policies have helped wean the U.S. from foreign oil, [Oppenheimer & Co. energy analyst Fadel] Gheit was equally emphatic. ‘Absolutely not true,’ Gheit said. ‘It was all market driven and all through American ingenuity….It was no thanks to Washington, not thanks to lobbyists, not thanks to anybody.’” (Josh Gerstein, “What Obama’s First Ad Doesn't Say,” Politico’s “Under The Radar”, 1/19/12)

The Obama Administration Denied A Permit To Build The Keystone Pipeline. “The Obama administration announced Wednesday that it will deny a permit to build the Keystone XL pipeline, an important link between a U.S. market that’s thirsty for energy and a rich source of petroleum in nice, stable, neighborly Canada.” (Editorial, “Pipeline Politics: Misguided Obama Blocks Keystone Pipeline,” Chicago Tribune, 1/19/12)

•“The Oil From Canada Could Ultimately Supplant Much Of The Oil The United States Imports From The Middle East And Other Unstable Regions. It Could Give The Country A Measure Of Energy Security.” (Editorial, “Pipeline Delay An Insult To Jobless,” The Detroit News, 11/14/11

And I could list other failures but I will leave that for another post.
  • Red_Horse shultzh... 2012/02/08 00:48:05
  • shultzh... Red_Horse 2012/02/08 15:51:29
    shultzhound
    +1
    So true!!!! and no vasoline
  • Red_Horse shultzh... 2012/02/08 15:55:26 (edited)
  • shultzh... Red_Horse 2012/02/08 16:00:02
    shultzhound
    +1
    Yea it is so hard to get off. LOL
  • Red_Horse shultzh... 2012/02/08 16:19:01
  • shultzh... Red_Horse 2012/02/08 16:32:32
    shultzhound
    +1
    LMAO! Here a consolation prize:
    video vixen
  • Red_Horse shultzh... 2012/02/08 16:33:33
  • wicked ... Max7 2012/02/07 16:42:21
    wicked soda boy
    "evoke unfair labor upon them"? And you graduated from where, exactly?
  • **Starz... Max7 2012/02/07 19:39:51
    **StarzAbove**
    I agree 100%. animated clapping
  • Red_Horse Max7 2012/02/08 07:05:39 (edited)
  • NYCbrit 2012/02/07 10:14:23
    NYCbrit
    +1
    Bailing out companies to pay for Super Bowl ads.... yeah, that...
  • p18711 2012/02/07 09:50:07
    p18711
    That's wright .
    Venus and pluto like the suoerbowl 2
  • Red_Horse p18711 2012/02/08 16:21:32
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2012/02/07 09:23:38
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    +2
    more viewers than there are people on this planet?! impressive.
  • wicked ... purplei... 2012/02/07 16:24:52
    wicked soda boy
    Yeah, I got carried away on the zeros. You got me.
  • purplei... wicked ... 2012/02/07 16:25:58
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    +1
    haha it didn't look quite right to me. i'm guessing that's supposed to say 210 million? still pretty impressive, and i'd never even heard of it until this year
  • Red_Horse purplei... 2012/02/08 16:22:17
  • purplei... Red_Horse 2012/02/08 17:54:03
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    i'm pretty sure he's actually aware of the number of people on the planet..
  • Red_Horse purplei... 2012/02/08 23:49:36 (edited)
  • banzaibuckaroo 2012/02/07 06:21:05
    banzaibuckaroo
    +2
    This thread is too silly, Clint Eastwood is a registered Republican, and endorsed John McCain in 2008. Don't blame Clint, he could have said no to this ad.

2014/09/22 20:22:53