Subliminal Messaging on TV, against our will. Has anyone seen this? What do you think of it?

TawanasTangent 2009/03/20 01:21:20
Everyone in California, who follows politics, knows that the Tax Terminator Arnold has just doubled our taxes. We also know that if we vote yes on Prop 1A, 1B or 1C, on May 19th, those taxes will continue on for another 2 years, something I am adamantly opposed to. If we vote NO on 1A, 1B, and 1C, those taxes will not be allowed to continue for another 2 years.

The Republican Party in California lied to the people, signed pledges not to increase our taxes, and not to vote to increase our taxes. They lied to us, sold us out and then voted to increase our taxes after they told us they would not. We are organizing "Tax Revolt, Repeal, Recall Them" protests ongoing, until they are removed from office.

I was just watching "King of The Hill" on Fox Channel 11 at 5:45 P.M. (3-19-09). The program I was watching cut away. First the screen went to a black screen for 6 seconds. Then it went to a white screen with black letters, with the words "Vote Yes on Prop C" on the screen for 10 seconds. Then it went to a blue screen for 6 seconds, and then back to the "King Of The Hill" program.

This intrusion into my programming did not have any sponsorship information, was not a true commercial and only had the aforementioned words on the screen.

I truly resent being the subject of subliminal messaging, against my will, telling me how to vote on something, especially something as important as these propositions.

Is this legal or illegal?
How do you feel about being imprinted with subliminal messaging on your brain against your will?

• Steeleye 2009/03/29 04:55:49
    I think subliminal messaging should be illegal
    Steeleye
    +5
    Unfortunately, the only people who can outlaw it are the ones who want to use it to consolidate their control over the people. I personally think it is on radio also due to the multitude of completely uninformed voters that are adamant about things that they know nothing about. When asked where they get their information, a lot of these people watch little TV and do not read newspapers.

The powers that be in this country have definitely figured out that the uneducated masses can be manipulated. They are going to try any means necessary to utilize their new found influence.

• IndyLinda 2009/04/15 13:29:18
    IndyLinda
    +3
    Subliminals should be made illegal, please see my blog on how they do this. I believe they have been doing it for years.
  • Robert 2009/04/07 21:40:33
    Robert
    +3
    No option for "subliminal messaging IS illegal..." (they are)... but what you saw isn't a subliminal message. Subliminal messages are only "seen" by your sub-conscious mind.

But I would be offended to see what you described... I would call the network affiliate advertising sales manager and inquire about whether they are "selling" this space and inquire about the whys and wherefores, etc.
  • Tawanas... Robert 2009/04/09 03:22:31
    TawanasTangent
    +2
    Thanks!
  • Steeleye 2009/03/29 04:55:49
    Steeleye
    +5

• Tawanas... Steeleye 2009/03/29 06:32:55
    TawanasTangent
    +2
    And manipulate us they will!
  • Mindlesspartyhack 2009/03/26 00:36:12
    I think subliminal messaging should be legal
    Mindlesspartyhack
    +4
    I think we should do whatever the tv tells us to do.
    tv is good
    tv has all the answers.

seriously, I got rid of tv 2 years ago.
    but, after my wife goes to bed, I sneak on the internet to watch reruns of Hogan's Heroe's on tvland.
    let's keep this our little secret, ok?
  • Tawanas... Mindles... 2009/03/26 21:40:45
    TawanasTangent
    +2
    A wise choice- They call it the "boob tube" for a reason.
  • 404 2009/03/23 22:55:44 (edited)
    404
    +3
    As you will see below, I'm NOT undecided at all (but SodaHead's software won't let me post unless I tick an answer).

I've seen various forms of subliminal messaging all my life, and I seem to recall a book named "Subliminal Seduction" that was published back in the late 70's by a guy named Key (or Keyes?).

I'd be interested to know how you watch TV. Tivo is chock-full of "promising new technology," some of which is already being used, and some of which is on the way (and the Tivo people are pretty tight-lipped about it all).

Where I live, all TV is DTV, with everyone having turned off their analog signal just a short while ago. Since then, I have opted to just stick with the VCR and DVD, without any feed from anybody. Its amazing how my quality of life has improved since then!

As to your question, I argue for the enactment of absolutely NO new laws at all...period.

I would be perfectly happy if every state and federal statute were repealed, with a complete reversion to Common Law.

(But that's just me; I'm a weird guy.)
  • Tawanas... 404 2009/03/24 03:40:34
    TawanasTangent
    +1
    Thanks for the response. I just watch regular TV, hooked through the VCR. I don't have cable or satellite. I gave all of that up long ago. In fact, I gave up watching TV at all for over a year once. It was amazing how my tolerance level for various things changed.
    Also, I'm still on analog TV. They postponed conversion to digital until June.
  • 404 Tawanas... 2009/03/24 03:46:47
    404
    +1
    >>I gave up watching TV at all for over a year once. It was amazing how my tolerance level for various things changed.

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder where subliminal messaging begins and regular TV ends, don't it?
  • oopsbama,"extremerightwing ... 2009/03/20 18:04:35
    oopsbama,"extremerightwing fundementalist homophobicracist"
    +2
    That is insanity!!! I don't know anyone who would vote yes on a tax continuation if given the chance to vote on it!!!
  • Tawanas... oopsbam... 2009/03/20 18:55:56
    TawanasTangent
    +1
    Unless they are insane! Arnold is even taxing our tax! Thanks for the comment.
  • joanie baloney 2009/03/20 03:46:30
    joanie baloney
    +3
    it's nothing short of brain washing. It should not be legal!
  • Tawanas... joanie ... 2009/03/20 04:06:41
    TawanasTangent
    +1
    I totally agree.
  • mimi 2009/03/20 02:33:25
    mimi
    +2
    That should be totally illegal!!! I don't want any part of it!
  • Tawanas... mimi 2009/03/20 02:40:10
    TawanasTangent
    +1
    My thoughts exactly!
  • Rick 2009/03/20 01:50:53
    Rick
  • Tawanas... Rick 2009/03/20 01:59:37
    TawanasTangent
    +1
    That kind of subliminal I can deal with! LOL
  • justonemom 2009/03/20 01:50:00
    justonemom
    +3
    Yes, it should be illegal. Who knows how many times we've already been coerced into thinking the way "they" want us to!
  • Tawanas... justonemom 2009/03/20 02:00:33
    TawanasTangent
    +2
    That is exactly what scared me. I immediately felt violated.
  • Dale 2009/03/20 01:42:37
    Dale
    +1
    And if I am not mistaken, subliminal messaging is illegal. Whether the discribed messaging is included in the law, I do not know. The reason I bring this up is the "flashing" of message for micro seconds during a program as opposed to the flat out intrusion into your life. And that without any responsible attribution to author.
  • Tawanas... Dale 2009/03/20 01:54:13 (edited)
    TawanasTangent
    +1
    I didn't know if the insertion of political advertising without showing who it is sponsored by is legal or illegal. I am sending a letter of disgust to Fox 11 news. Don't know what the response will be.
  • 404 Tawanas... 2009/03/24 03:55:19
    404
    Oh, there was an even MORE subliminal message (on the closed caption feed in Yiddish) that read: This message paid for by...
  • C 2009/03/20 01:32:11
  • Tawanas... C 2009/03/20 01:56:06
    TawanasTangent
    Thanks. I thought it was called subliminal.
  • C Tawanas... 2009/03/20 02:30:19
  • SAAB95Aero 2009/03/20 01:31:33
    SAAB95Aero
    +1
    Depends on the message- Hamburg, laundery soap, completely innocent, When message become political or socialist agendas I thinks that when we worry. Right now it'sless inexpensive than to run a 30-60 second advising
  • Tawanas... SAAB95Aero 2009/03/20 01:57:07
    TawanasTangent
    Thanks. I thought political advertising had to show a sponsorship.
  • Linkums 2009/03/20 01:31:31
    Linkums
    +2
    and it is I think. It sounds like a technical error on their part to me. I doubt it was intentional.
  • Tawanas... Linkums 2009/03/20 01:51:52 (edited)
    TawanasTangent
    At first I thought it was a technical error too. That is why I stopped to look at it. But I am knowledgeable of editing. It was a deliberate act and generated from a character generator editing machine.

2014/11/21 02:33:57