'Stupid' and Oil Prices Obama's Forrest Gump Analysis Of Rising Gas Prices

Evil 1 2012/02/24 16:01:51

'The American people aren't stupid," thundered President Obama yesterday in Miami, ridiculing Republicans who are blaming him for rising gasoline prices. Let's hope he's right, because not even Forrest Gump could believe the logic of what Mr. Obama is trying to sell.

We'd almost feel sorry for Mr. Obama's gas-price predicament if it weren't a case of rough justice. The President has deliberately sought to raise the price of energy throughout the economy via his cap-and-trade agenda. He is now getting his wish, albeit a little too overtly for political comfort. Mr. Obama has also spent three years blaming George W. Bush for every economic ill. If Mr. Obama now feels frustrated by economic events beyond his control, perhaps he should call Mr. Bush for consolation.

Read More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240529702039...

• Jacob Mahurien 2012/02/24 17:06:24
    Jacob Mahurien
    +1
    Obama is to a good economic policy what Forrest Gump is to MENSA.
  • Evil 1 Jacob M... 2012/02/24 17:29:15
    Evil 1
    Great comparison!! LOL
  • Conservatism Rules 2012/02/24 16:58:31
    Conservatism Rules
    +1
    We have everything we need here in the US to be energy independent. I am tried of hearing just how the big oil companies are sticking it to the American people. The other day I heard a great analogy.

Exxon had profits in the $300 + billion range, but they spent $3.7 trillion to earn that profit. That is a profit margin of 8%. For myself that not a bad growth profit, I would rather see a 10+% growth in my profits with my companies.

Now you look at Apple, they profited also in the $300 + billion range also, but spent $780 billion making their profit margin of 38%. That is DAMN good, now explain to me why a IPhone 4s in over $600.

Yet the big oil companies are the one who are sticking it to us, I think is more the technology companies like Apple who is push that stick up our a$$. Yeah you can argue that we don't have to buy the Iphone or any of Apples products, but we have to buy gas if we are to drive anywhere. But have you ever though what your gas price would be if we did not have to import oil from overseas. That wonderful pipeline from Canada could drop our gas prices back to the low $3 range.

I can agree that burning of fossil fuels does hurt the environment, but it is not your automobile that is causing the problem. If we take advantage of what we have right ...

I can agree that burning of fossil fuels does hurt the environment, but it is not your automobile that is causing the problem. If we take advantage of what we have right here in our own ground and not just sit on our ass like the democrat are doing. We could create more US business and allow those Big Oil Companies to do what they have been doing since GW Bush encourage them to do.

GW Bush pushed the big oil companies to come up with alternative energy that does not come from fossil fuel. Why do you think you see more E85 station popping up. Shell Oil created this lovely fuel in the 1980's and brought it to the market in the early 1990's. President Clinton listen to the Hispanic and believed that E85 would increase the cost of corn products which was their staple. The fact the the corn which creates E85 is feed corn and it is the waste material not feed to the animals did not matter. GW Bush came into the office and pushed Shell to bring this fuel to the masses. In less than one years the E85 stations found around the US popped up, and a cleaner which was poisoning our water was removed and replace with Ethanol.

All this from a big oil company and it does not stop there. All the advancement in Li Ion batteries came from grants given by the big oil companies or created by them. Had you ever wondered why the big push for the CFL died and you started to see LED light bulbs for your house. You can thank President Bush and the big oil companies and their grants. So do I think the Fiscal Conservative Republicans are3 the best thing, oh hell yes I do. But we as Americans have to hold them to the task we have asked them to do.

Drill here in the US and stop paying other countries for their oil when we have our own right here.

Drill and get that natural gas out of the ground so we can stop burning dirty coal.

Step aside and allow capitalism grow America back to the power house it once was.

Stop giving money to those companies that a friend or family member works for live Solyndra and Fisker and keep the job right here in the US.

Stop the pork.
  • Evil 1 Conserv... 2012/02/24 17:02:34
    Evil 1
    +1
    Very astute analysis!
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/02/24 16:51:28
  • Rebel Yell 2012/02/24 16:40:58
    Rebel Yell
    In July of 2008, the national price of gasoline was $4.11. Just before that recession started in 08, gas had inched up to $4.40 a gallon. The price of gas fell because the country was in a severe recession, like much of the world , thus significantly reducing the demand for oil. So what is now driving up the cost again? The economy is recovering and with that comes the demand for more oil. There are also the speculators. Gas prices increased far more during the Bush years than the Obama years. Did Bush cause that intentionally? If so, that makes him far more liberal than Obama. The simple truth is that during every recession, there are price fluctuations.
  • whitewu... Rebel Yell 2012/02/24 16:52:38
  • Rebel Yell whitewu... 2012/02/24 17:09:24
    Rebel Yell
    Gas prices rise and fall for several reasons among them is gas prices go up as we get closer to spring because the refineries switch to a different kind of gas that uses more ethanol. Also, in many cases, gas price hikes are tied to wholesale prices. Many gas stations have contracts that require them to raise their prices as soon as their suppliers -- oil companies -- raise theirs
    As in the past, it will likely go back down by the fall — as will the price of food and airfare. It's all supply and demand.
  • belle 2012/02/24 16:29:10
    belle
    +2
    Obama needs to pay attention to theproblems of this country or what is going on in the rest of a worfd. So when he needs to do something then he might actually make a decision that works, But instead he would rather socialize with his celebrity friends and watch sports.
  • JustTheFacts 2012/02/24 16:23:14
    JustTheFacts
    +2
    That jack ass Disaster In Chief mouth piece Jay Carney telling the Lamestream, clue less, press that Republicans blocked the Keystone Pipeline.

Like his boss, and anybody associated with Nation Destroyer In Chief, all they can do is LIE!
  • bob M 2012/02/24 16:06:15
    bob M
    +1
    I'm not sure Republicans can solve the gas-price problem either. Gingrich supposedly has a plan, but I dunno.
  • Evil 1 bob M 2012/02/24 16:11:13
    Evil 1
    +2
    I'm not sure either. But to sidestep and dance around the issue is pathetic. More is expected from the President of the United States. Then again it is Obama and he is doing what he does best, talk out of both sides of his mouth and avoid the issue. Well at least he hasn't blamed Bush.......... YET!
  • JustThe... bob M 2012/02/24 16:24:05
    JustTheFacts
    +3
    Yes, Repubs can fix it, trust me.

2014/04/20 16:03:34