Study proves homophobes are nothing more than closet homosexuals. What do you think?

beatfreak 2008/08/26 09:58:14
Exactly what I thought all along!  Homophobes just need to give it up and come out the closet all ready!
I dont know what the hell theyre talkin about.  Im just a regular old homophobe.
Throughout my life Ive had several encounters with guys that go out of their way to prove to everyone how straight they are only to find out later they werent so straight after all. My theory is if you are straight, and truly comfortable in your own sexuality why do you give a damn about others? Why do you feel so uncomfortable about us? My experiences have led me to believe that these same people only do so because they are trying desparately to conceal their own feelings. Well now I have proof.

Psychoanalytic theory holds that homophobia -- the fear, anxiety, anger, discomfort and aversion that some ostensibly heterosexual people hold for gay individuals -- is the result of repressed homosexual urges that the person is either unaware of or denies. A study appearing in the August 1996 issue of the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, published by the American Psychological Association (APA), provides new empirical evidence that is consistent with that theory.

Researchers at the University of Georgia conducted an experiment

Does this get you hot?

involving 35 homophobic men and 29 non-homophobic men as measured by the Index of Homophobia scale. All the participants selected for the study described themselves as exclusively heterosexual both in terms of sexual arousal and experience.

Each participant was exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual and lesbian videotapes (but not necessarily in that order). Their degree of sexual arousal was measured by penile plethysmography, which precisely measures and records male tumescence.

Men in both groups were aroused by about the same degree by the video depicting heterosexual sexual behavior and by the video showing two women engaged in sexual behavior. The only significant difference in degree of arousal between the two groups occurred when they viewed the video depicting male homosexual sex: 'The homophobic men showed a significant increase in penile circumference to the male homosexual video, but the control [non-homophobic] men did not.'

Broken down further, the measurements showed that while 66% of the non-homophobic group showed no significant tumescence while watching the male homosexual video, only 20% of the homophobic men showed little or no evidence of arousal. Similarly, while 24% of the non-homophobic men showed definite tumescence while watching the homosexual video, 54% of the homophobic men did.

When asked to give their own subjective assessment of the degree to which they were aroused by watching each of the three videos, men in both groups gave answers that tracked fairly closely with the results of the objective physiological measurement, with one exception: the homophobic men significantly underestimated their degree of arousal by the male homosexual video.

Do these findings mean, then, that homophobia in men is a reaction to repressed homosexual urges, as psychoanalysis theorizes?

While their findings are consistent with that theory, the authors note that there is another, competing theoretical explanation: anxiety. According to this theory, viewing the male homosexual videotape may have caused negative emotions (such as anxiety) in the homophobic men, but not in the non-homophobic men. As the authors note, 'anxiety has been shown to enhance arousal and erection,' and so it is also possible that 'a response to homosexual stimuli [in these men] is a function of the threat condition rather than sexual arousal per se. These competing notions can and should be evaluated by future research.'

http://www.unknownnews.net/homophobia.html

• Eve 2008/09/11 07:55:29
    Eve
    +5
    Damn that's some compelling research.....I think that some are just scared of something they don't understand and some are really Homosexual...People need to grow up and listen to their bodies and their hearts when it comes to things like sexual orientation....instead of listening to what others think is right and wrong....

• aLABiM75 2012/01/24 08:34:37
    Exactly what I thought all along! Homophobes just need to give it up and com...
    aLABiM75
    Who did not know this even before the studies? People spout hate at what they most fear within themselves. Just look at all the Gay bashing Religious folk who at some point get found out.
  • Kozmo aLABiM75 2012/01/27 15:11:57
    Kozmo
    All Humans have (the Potential of) Everything (including Passions/fears) with themSELVES. Whatever 'Poker Hand/Tossed Dice' each individual has is Absolutely Uncertain (consult Creator/Designer) but We All have EVERYTHING, just different proportions. Some can remain in balance easily (negative feedback), others can be inherently unstable (positive).

The HATE-Mongers (won't NAME any) may often (unwittingly, usually won't ADMIT knowing anyways) have traces of (this) Self-DENIAL of (their 'Abomidable ID [see "Forbidden Planet"]) within their PSYCHE and "Engage in a Losing Debate" with this MIND MONSTER (Jenny Randles) and (Assumed) Obliviously commit ATROCITIES on (Innocent &/or Accomplice) Bystanders and Declare "It Was To Be".

An EXAMPLE, a particular FUNDAMENTALIST (Atheist & Monetary versions are exant) said that "Ze Couldn't Sleep at Night", because of 'just knowing' that other (consenting) Adults are freely engaging in "Acts of Intimacy" that 'Don't fit Zir "Unrealistic Expectations" that EVERYBODY else "Should" (bad Psychology) ABIDE (Coerced) Perfectly (Right Now & forever) to Zir own Tyrranical ABSOLUTE (& Intolerant of any Variation) Religion (Legend in Own MIND, no-one else matters) otherwise Known as a GOD COMPLEX. As far as I can tell (no INFO supplied, so I'm Assuming)...

An EXAMPLE, a particular FUNDAMENTALIST (Atheist & Monetary versions are exant) said that "Ze Couldn't Sleep at Night", because of 'just knowing' that other (consenting) Adults are freely engaging in "Acts of Intimacy" that 'Don't fit Zir "Unrealistic Expectations" that EVERYBODY else "Should" (bad Psychology) ABIDE (Coerced) Perfectly (Right Now & forever) to Zir own Tyrranical ABSOLUTE (& Intolerant of any Variation) Religion (Legend in Own MIND, no-one else matters) otherwise Known as a GOD COMPLEX. As far as I can tell (no INFO supplied, so I'm Assuming), the Heretical Individuals have not done anything (Intent or Accident) that would have drawn such WRATHFUL IRE in the 1st place.

Literally RELIGION, means (being told repeatedly until accepted/assumed) Etymology: RELY; depend (soley [SOULY?] upon), GION; area, school, perspective etc.

In Other Words: A SINGLE Point of View (One-Way MonoRail or LINEAR) or a ONE TRACK MIND.

How does such a BELIEF SYSEM work in a Ever-Changing SPATIAL (Three [3] Dimensional) Universe accompanied (on This Planet, Dolphins?) by OTHERS that Can't be EXACTLY Identical with your SENSE?

WE'RE all BORN with SPATIAL flexibility, but "The POWERS That BE" promptly do their DAMNEDEST to Cultivate/Macerate/Subjigate (all of) US (Ari$to¢rac¥ Excepted) into Placid (Domesticasted, can farm cows survive long in the WILD?) LapDogs and then Blame/Punish US when "something (don't want to admit Ignorance [or NOT] either) that runs "Counter to their Ossfied (RIGID) Thinking" occurs, which is INEVITABLE in a Chaotic Universe.
  • jimlberto 2012/01/06 17:50:56
  • seathanaich 2012/01/03 21:19:24
    seathanaich
    This study isn't a surprise.
  • JamesKelly 2011/10/28 14:06:37
    JamesKelly
    Homophobes are so pathetic, and can't handle the truth that homosexuality is natural.
  • Kozmo JamesKelly 2011/11/19 15:33:07
    Kozmo
    CentriPETAL-Projected DENIAL feedback loop into itSelf. A bomb of hatred in the [self?]-making.
  • virtuallad12 2011/07/13 20:21:21
    I dont know what the hell theyre talkin about. Im just a regular old homophobe.
    virtuallad12
    +1
    Homosexual Propaganda at it's best. You homosexuals flaunt your lifestyle like it is Normal (Which by it is not) Gay Prides etc then cry out hate speech hate speech (Which is just a assault on are free speech) Just because are opinions don't line up they way your does.

You's fail to mention that there are thousands of Ex-Homosexual who have reversed there Homosexuality you's also use a The Born Gay theory's which all have been done by homosexuals themselves and have all been debunked I believe Simon LeVAY even came out and said himself and that his work was misinterpreted and that he actually did not prove a genetic cause for Homosexuality.

You's tell people to confuse them and because they have had the lie shoved there throat constantly they have believed the lie they then come to the conclusion that they think there Gay and the fact they have not equipped themselves with knowledge on this dangerous life style has not helped and the fact they don't relies there in a spiritual battle.

I speak on behalf of all heterosexuals especially the ones who are afraid to speak out on the issue STOP brainwashing are kids to accept the Gay Lifestyle as natural because it is not. STOP hitting on us Heterosexuals we are not interested. Grow up and learn to stick up for yourselves stop ...

I speak on behalf of all heterosexuals especially the ones who are afraid to speak out on the issue STOP brainwashing are kids to accept the Gay Lifestyle as natural because it is not. STOP hitting on us Heterosexuals we are not interested. Grow up and learn to stick up for yourselves stop hiding behind Hate speech (Anti-Free Speech).

Women who style themselves to look like boys what can I say your a woman stop trying to be a boy and men who get on and dress like girls your a man act and dress like one please.

The hate that comes from the Homosexual community when you disagree them is the real hate speech if indeed it exists you show the true colours by the way when you get on like that.

And last of all all those homosexuals who commit suicide that blood is not on me or any heterosexual by the way. Hate us Heterosexuals all you want you Hetrophobes we don't care we know we are right.

I am not going to hide behind being a anonymous I am not afraid to show myself and make my opinion known and I have educated myself enough to know that the whole Homosexual movement is nothing more than a sick agenda political movement under the influence of the Illuminati.

Heterosexuals stand up make your opinion known don't be afraid of the Gay Activist don't think they will have respect for sexuality if they get there way because they won't so make your opinion known. This is a spiritual battle remember the more you equip yourself with knowledge of the truth and you will have a unbreakable defense against this awful Agenda Knowledge is Power - Fact

Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Sho Omar virtual... 2011/08/01 09:14:39 (edited)
    Sho Omar
    +2
    ^ Yes. I for one, Agree with what this man says completely.
    There are morals. Things we find right and wrong. And those morals are getting twisted and pulled and bent till we accept even the most immoral things.
    If you are okay with homosexuals, then why not Pedophilia? I mean cmon its ONLY age, or bestiality? I mean the only REAL difference is the species? I mean we love who we love right?... Damn tarnishing the word of love, In any case Something as extreme as "Porn" got made casual, and now we have this. Do you understand what people that support these types of despicable excuse for research lead you?... Anyways. I for one support what virtuallad09 says. I pray to god my children in the future don't get poisoned by this nonsense.
  • Kozmo Sho Omar 2011/08/12 23:08:26
    Kozmo
    Minors & beasts cannot give licit informed consent so it's an 'apples & oranges' copout to damn queers. There's plenty of examples of same-sex intimacy among animals. The pair of male penguins in some zoo sucessfully hatched & raised a female who later hung out with another. Take a look at bonobos, dolphins & orcas for the brainier animals. A long time ago Kinsey put out a report that over one third of folks did at least some same-sex experimentation. Nature has been patrolling her laws fine enough long before Man had the conceited folly He could do better. Sex has been around on this planet well over a billion years, We only about 30,000. Do the Math.
  • carmella virtual... 2012/01/15 03:45:34
    carmella
    +1
    then you must be homosexual! haha.. i'm a girl by the way. and i'm not homophobic.
  • virtual... carmella 2012/01/20 01:48:44
    virtuallad12
    Nope I am not Homosexual! What people do behind closed doors is there business but when it comes to them trying to forcing garbage down are throats thats another thing. I am not Judging Gay people either it is not my Job to judge. This is a cheap attempt to make us Heterosexuals feel guilty into having a different opinion from them a direct assualt on us of who are still in touch with our natural identity. Homosexuality is Pshycological/Spiritual issue any one can overcome it, problem with society is they don't like change that is not easy and today's society believes life is all about se which it is not. Also the Homosexual Activist will bully those Homosexuals leaving them with no Hope.

Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against fleh and blood, but against principalities,against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

By the way I do NOT hate homosexuals they deserve respect and love just as anyone else. Satan controls the Secular mainstream media/Entertainment and Organised Religion which spreads hate etc. What better way to get people to think about over and over again. Think of a seed it is planted it then gets watered and grows into existance. Now think of idea of this kind of behaviour as a thought seed ...

By the way I do NOT hate homosexuals they deserve respect and love just as anyone else. Satan controls the Secular mainstream media/Entertainment and Organised Religion which spreads hate etc. What better way to get people to think about over and over again. Think of a seed it is planted it then gets watered and grows into existance. Now think of idea of this kind of behaviour as a thought seed and getting people to think about constanly as waterhing that thought seed..... What happens it grows into existance hence becoming a self fulfiled prophecy. The Powers at be know thin hence the reason why they mess with our minds...they cannot posess but they can attack us Psychologically and trick us into a self fulfilled prophecy.

You seem offended are You Gay?
  • virtual... carmella 2012/01/20 01:53:23
    virtuallad12
    +1
    Checked your profile no details are Questions Ansewered at all. either your

1) A Coward who hides behind a Monitor afraid to tell people who you are
    2) Just a plain Troll (Employed by the Government)
    3) A Homosexual loking for ansewers (On how to co come back to heterosexuality)
    4) Government Agent who has been brainswashed by your Boss to believe people like me who tell a different view from whay soceity tells us are a threat to peace in the world and there fore attack me to make me afraid and back down (Failed by the way)
    5) Your knowingly working for the powers at be and are a lacky a Agent to these evil forces or hell one of them yourself using a human vessel as a conduit to attack me
  • Kozmo carmella 2012/01/27 15:53:07 (edited)
    Kozmo
    You're ASSUMING, just because I may 'support' an Opressed Minority, does not NECESSARILY mean that I TOTALLY support (or ACT) their Ways.

YOU HAVE JUDGED (Matthew 7:1 [Christian], "Don't Accept Hearsay [Confirm 1st] INFO as Gospel" [Buddha]), & since 'M·7·1' is analogous to "Newton's 3d (for every ACTION…), I Must (reciprocally) JUDGE YOU BACK. Balance (Karma) Maintained. I now STOP.

Ironic too, you're a MEMBER of an (taken for Granted) OPPRESSED MAJORITY (more females born than males).

We're ALL Hypocrites (Pharishees?) here, but At Least I'm AWARE of Mine and am actively striving to maintain some Balancing of my Weaknesses (& Biases).

Actively attending 12-Steps for…

Expressions [Behavioral Habits] Outward, NOT
    Ingestions/Inhalations/Inject... [Habituated Behaviors] Inward

at a Pentecostal Church (ACTIVE at 4 other Protestant ones too), but also attend (a couple, different Orders of) SUFI (Islamic Mysticism) Prayer/Whirling Meditation Sessions with the Pastor's (others too, including Presbyterian Reverend) Blessing.

Kicked Blow[ing Snow?) over 2 decades ago, Tobacco just over a decade ago. Have Medical (OK'd by GP) Cannibis License (on HIATUS [over a month now] for possible medical research) but still enjoy the odd pint (or 6) a FEW times a month. NO CRIMINAL RECORD. Therefore, I 'seem' to Exercise Control "somewhat" better than most Common TROUBLEMAKERS.
  • Kozmo virtual... 2012/01/27 15:22:13
    Kozmo
    General Article below, if in Doubt? Check it out yourself, Don't BLAME Me.

According to DESCARTES (he got RAINBOWS right though), Animals CAN'T THINK. Therefore, BLAME whatever YOU BELIEVE IN for this "Crime Against Nature". If ATHEIST, have NOTHING to AVENGE but Your SELF(ish EGO), leave all other IGNORANT INNOCENTS out of your Personal "CRUSADES with-in your HEAD". Seek Counselling (Therapist, Priest etc. choice is YOURS) to "Weed Out" this BAD SEED.
  • virtual... Kozmo 2012/01/28 01:39:00
    virtuallad12
    Yeah no offence Wikipedia is not a very reliable source of information so ther eis a mark down for you. If I need to talk to someone about something I go directly to God not often I will talk to another man. So come back to me when you have a resonable argument instead of some crazy rant please. Thank You
  • virtual... Kozmo 2012/01/28 01:43:42
    virtuallad12
    One last thing Beastility is Normal in all Animals so should we consider that as Normal? What we should live by example of the beasts of the field? Animals Stalk and Kill one another when human does these things we brand a human Creep Mentally Ill/Murder and wild beast. I know your going to see 450 species practice Homosexuality and one so called Homophobia, Funny how the one species is us humans who can think for ourselves and have the abilty to control our instincts instead of the other way round
  • Eric virtual... 2013/11/24 00:35:52
    Eric
    Please define natural vs unnatural to me. You say same sex affection is unnatural. I say that society that demonizes same sex affection is unnatural. I don't think there is one human being in this superficial society that even has a clue what normal actually is. Is this an opinion that you formed on your own or one that has been constantly driven into your head since the day you born that you've just accepted as the real truth. If being gay is so unnatural then why are there so many of them and why have they been around through out history. Do you think you know better than the creator? Who is anyone to say whats natural and what is normal.
  • Kozmo 2011/05/27 00:31:33 (edited)
    Kozmo
    This "Self-Denial" also applies to some people in the Psychology/Psychiatry field confirming the old saw "Takes One to Know One". The AUTHORITIES (of Most) clearly has Obsessive issues but instead of getting some counselling, They instead plays "Thought Police-Mind Games" on ECCENTRICS. Simply put, EVERYBODY is 'off-kilter' to some degree or another as well as NO-ONE is entirely of one gender or sexual orientation only. To be 100% anything's virtually IMPOSSIBLE, look up Thermodynamics or check Mother Nature for proof.
  • Teehee~ 2010/12/01 03:44:34
    Teehee~
    +1
    They just need to show their true colors, is all~

They grow to be so stupid with all the conspiracy theories, hate mongering, and nazi-esque ideals. They just need to learn how to smile and love~

And they need to stop picking and choosing random bible verses. It's like quoting Harry Potter, there's no credibility to be gained.
  • Kozmo Teehee~ 2012/01/27 17:09:40
    Kozmo
    Don't take the BIBLE (Adamantly Absolutely [vv?] that is) Literally (Defies LOGIC).

My METHOD is to ASSUME it's ALLEGORY 1st & Foremost.
    After checking ANNOTATIONS (&/or Other Sources) for ELUCIDATION,
    THEN Study the Words to GET THE REAL MESSAGE (or MASSAGE the Mental?).

Most of the Folks on SodaHead (Great Name, real soda gets FROTHY when shaken or Disturbed) are from a Judeo-Christian Society, therefore the Bible is Imbedded/Entrenched within Our CULTURE (Opera &/or Yoghurt) and is a MAJOR Reference.

I READ IT, as well as the Qu'ran, & the Tao (for now, work on other Texts later)
    so I can get a (Imperfectly however) BALANCED PERSPECTIVE on the HUMANITIES.

ALL GOOD WRITING,
    too bad many of the (Supposed) Descendants of the Author[s]
    DON'T SEEM TO READ (Them Very) WELL
    Nor PAY ATTENTION or LISTEN either, (Luke 8:10b).

"Once Written, Twice Read"
  • SDB 2010/08/18 21:42:06
    SDB
    +2
    This study is bunk...making such a large presumption off of such a small cross section of people is ludacris (AND bad science...which is often proven to be the case (through the use of GOOD science) in studies upon homosexuality). Homophobe the word even suggest a FEAR of homosexuals...most of us are disgusted by them and angered by all that they actually wish to accomplish through the movements agenda (while not all follow the agenda I am sure, they all follow on its coat-tails readily enough), and have no actual fear of them at all---most "homophobes" (using their vernacular) would probably "live and let live" if their agenda was different and were willing to accept much different things than they pursue currently. But, the simple fact, for this instance is that, most of the males considered to be "homophobic" are NOT "closet gays" (and could not be) as they are "grossed out" by the sight of other nude males...and since homosexuality is a SEXUAL PERVERSION then sexual response is really what is being discussed here; to presume that off of a study of just a very few men that their findings is in any way a conclusion is pure ignorance (and bad science---example, where are the non-homophobic heterosexual males for further reference in this study, and the numbers involved are to...
    This study is bunk...making such a large presumption off of such a small cross section of people is ludacris (AND bad science...which is often proven to be the case (through the use of GOOD science) in studies upon homosexuality). Homophobe the word even suggest a FEAR of homosexuals...most of us are disgusted by them and angered by all that they actually wish to accomplish through the movements agenda (while not all follow the agenda I am sure, they all follow on its coat-tails readily enough), and have no actual fear of them at all---most "homophobes" (using their vernacular) would probably "live and let live" if their agenda was different and were willing to accept much different things than they pursue currently. But, the simple fact, for this instance is that, most of the males considered to be "homophobic" are NOT "closet gays" (and could not be) as they are "grossed out" by the sight of other nude males...and since homosexuality is a SEXUAL PERVERSION then sexual response is really what is being discussed here; to presume that off of a study of just a very few men that their findings is in any way a conclusion is pure ignorance (and bad science---example, where are the non-homophobic heterosexual males for further reference in this study, and the numbers involved are too small to draw any sort of conclusions from anyways). This "study" is clearly just another case of the homosexual movement attempting to prove that homosexuals are anything other than sexually confused individuals through the use of money and those willing to put their name on anything FOR that money.
  • joe.currie SDB 2011/06/29 11:43:52
    joe.currie
    +1
    WRONG! you got the fear part right tho. fear = ignorance. lemme explain. fear is the result of not knowing how something works, or never having faced it. once a fear has been faced or experienced, the ignorance diminishes and we are able to make an educated judgement as adults. you're scared of it because you don't understand it, make pre-judgements based on just that, JUDGEMENT. afraid of it? because it's a PART OF YOU. you and your small minded, judgmental disposition, make you dangerous to open minded people because of your IGNORANCE. talk about getting rid of the useless people? You're at the top of the list, pal.
  • Kozmo joe.currie 2012/01/27 18:23:01
    Kozmo
    "Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Mark Twain
  • Seventh 2010/07/13 03:09:06
    Seventh
    +3
    Consider this: A man who is opposed either psychologically, religiously, socially, or even sexually to homosexuality but finds himself aroused by the thought or sight of homosexual behavior. Think about the idea that this person can't even trust their body to reflect their conscious desires accurately. Internally they must feel conflicted and tortured. Sublimating this combined sexual arousal and internal conflict into violence or aggressive behavior is not too difficult to understand. They long physically for contact with homosexuals but they are angered by what they feel is a betrayal by their body. This leads them to question their own motives, desires, and thoughts and undermines their self concept. Through violence toward and degradation of known homosexuals they aggressively reassert their conscious position (antithetical to homosexuality) which satisfies both their internal norms and standards as well as their underlying physical attraction (dominance through physical contact or verbal denigration.) Poor bastards are worse off than a gay man who can't or won't out themselves.
  • Kozmo Seventh 2012/01/27 20:14:52
    Kozmo
    ALL Folks are plaqued with the DUALISM of

A}> Doublethink, a word coined by George Orwell in the novel 1984, describes the act of simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct social contexts. It is related to, but distinct from, hypocrisy and neutrality. Its opposite is 'cognitive dissonance', where the two beliefs cause conflict in one's mind. Doublethink is an integral concept of George Orwell's dystopian novel "Nineteen Eighty-Four".

B}> Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused by holding conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously. In a state of dissonance, people may feel surprise, dread, guilt, anger, or embarrassment The theory of cognitive dissonance in social psychology proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by altering existing cognitions or adding new ones to create consistency.

Most ORTHO·dox 'Types' (RIGHT) tend to FAVOR their Pet THOUGHTS, while DENYING the Unfavored Ones, which might/may be a possible explaination [Rationale] for their DIDACTIC Altitude[s], often, they're not even "Consciously Aware" of this (Conflicted) Double-Thinking (Black & White in Psychology) and will only "Stay Close to the Extremes" (No "Middle Ground") and may be PHOBIC...&&

&&

&&

&

&

Most ORTHO·dox 'Types' (RIGHT) tend to FAVOR their Pet THOUGHTS, while DENYING the Unfavored Ones, which might/may be a possible explaination [Rationale] for their DIDACTIC Altitude[s], often, they're not even "Consciously Aware" of this (Conflicted) Double-Thinking (Black & White in Psychology) and will only "Stay Close to the Extremes" (No "Middle Ground") and may be PHOBIC of the Ambiguous Nature of 'Cognitive Dissonance'. Might be a Rationale for Intolerant Tyrannies of Now & Yore to first 'target' the INTELLECTUAL Class(es). Exhibit A&B: Hitler/Stalin.

Contrast with ALTER·dox (OTHER [or Eccentric - off-center] ) 'Sorts' who seem to be 'comfortable' with "unconventional' cognition (Mathematicians are Long-Known to Escape Logic to find new Equations).

"A Beatiful Mind" [Cryptology] or Lewis Carol [LOGICIAN] are TextBook examples).

In General ALTER means "other", but specifically, "other of 2 (sides) or a Duality. I used it instead of the more common PARA "kinda, because Ortho & Para Doxies are perceived by many as (yet another) POLAR Extremism. I can readily suggest AMBI (unspecified between two sides, tends to favor MODERATION) as a More COMPLEX (& variable) Prefix. Thus:

AMBI·doxy = ABSOLUTELY (beyond answers) ClueLess (Random/Uncertain) as to What METHOD of Thinking is Employed. This "Outside the Box" is often the 'Source' of many of Mandkind's "Bright Ideas" & like·WISE People & how the "Envelope gets Pushed" for Human Progress.

There's also the terms:

"Method to My Madness" (Sounds Crazy, but is Well Thought Out)
    "It's so IDIOTIC/simple, It May Actually Work"

Most LEMMINGS… er… Folk are 'Influenced' that the Newest, Largest, Strongest or Most Complicated METHOD will SURELY prevail EVENTUALLY. "If at First You Don't Suceed, Try, Try Again" - Robert the Bruce (after watching a spider make several tries to get a web built). BUT! Most Folks 'seem' to 'forget' "If the HEADSTRONG Approach Routinely Yields Failure, Try Something Else.

Two EXAMPLES, 1) a brief BATTLE, 2) a prolonged WAR, to demonstrate Different SCALES.

1) 490 BC Battle of Marathon: About

10-20,000 Athenians
    versus,
    50-200,000 Persians,

actual numbers uncertain, but certainly a NUMERICAL ADVANTAGE was present. This EVENT is Recorded as a MAJOR TURNING POINT in Western History

The Persians favored the "Frontal Assault" approach and were (for days) trying to 'provoke' the Greeks into such a "Losing Battle".

When the Greeks finally went "ALL IN", their General (STRATEGY) split two (smaller) parts off the (Main) Army & this went HEAD ON against the Persians. While the Battle Ensued, the two smaller forces (unoticed) managed to 'sneak around' and "Engage" the Persians from the FLANKS (sides). This TACTIC was Sucessful in "Disorienting" the Persians… and the REST is History.

2) 1775-83 AD American Revolutionary War

Unorganized (No Gov't or Bank), mostly Rural Continentals (George Washington leading), but have a practiced Militia/Scouts program in place on FAMILAR ground.
    versus,
    the BRITISH WAR MACHINE, well organized, funded & equipped. Already deeply INTRUDED into the 13 Colonies.

Washington used locallised (guerilla) TACTICS against a Superior Force in ALL Numerical Measures (STRATEGIC). I say no more.

If the MAJORITY of INDIVIDUALS got P[r]ORGAM·med into "Unimaginitive Placid Sheep" while the ARISTOCRAY gets OSSIFIED (turned to bone, unresponsive) into "Unimaginative 'PAPER' Tigers" concurrently.

What would be the PROBABLE Result if a (often with SOME Warning [Pearl Harbor! - 9·11?]), an UNOTICED 'Problem' is Allowed to "GROW" into a POSSIBLE Catastrophe?

DISASTER (Bad Star) Anyone?
  • Matt 2009/10/24 06:13:24 (edited)
    Matt
    +1
    Age has tempered my attitude. I'm more afraid of women than I am of homosexuals now.
  • joe.currie Matt 2011/06/29 11:49:43
    joe.currie
    +1
    LMAO, hey at least some honestly. thanks!
  • TheWater 2009/08/06 02:57:51
    TheWater
    I wouldn't be quick to make accusations. I'm not going to jump the gun. I'm going to wait and see.
  • Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2009/06/04 17:04:02
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    +1
    Quite an interesting survey, but I wouldn't personally be so quick to generalise. Sexuality isn't so inflexible as people think it is.
  • joe.currie Jehnyha... 2011/06/29 11:50:44
    joe.currie
    its not a generalization, its a study that's been done over and over throught the 20th century but such geniuses as Kinsey and Freud. read a book.
  • Tomus Megalomania 2009/06/04 16:59:20
    Tomus Megalomania
    +2
    That is interesting! It by no way shows that these men are attracted to or would like to engage in sex with other men, though.
  • Citizen... Tomus M... 2009/06/04 17:05:01
    CitizenErased
    +3
    You know they wanna.
  • Tomus M... Citizen... 2009/06/04 17:12:13
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    Maybe, but the physiological response may just trigger the homophobia, like many other unconscious triggers of behavior and sentiment.
  • Citizen... Tomus M... 2009/06/04 17:13:39
    CitizenErased
    +4
    Or maybe they just need a cock up their ass.
  • joe.currie Tomus M... 2011/06/29 11:52:13
    joe.currie
    +1
    no, it doesn't show that at all. it's probable that they wouldn't, because of their fear. bodies don't lie. but humans do. getting educated about something WILL reduce the fear.
  • Naughty Boy 2009/02/27 12:34:31
    Naughty Boy
    :)
  • mikeysgirl360 2009/01/18 04:32:01
    mikeysgirl360
    I'm gonna say what I said on another poll: Homophobes are homosexuals too far in the closet to notice.

And like Lisa said on the Simpsons when Nelson called some one gay: "Those who call others gay are just trying to cover up their own sexuality" or something along those lines.
  • AmericanVirus 2008/12/18 04:25:17
    AmericanVirus
    +1
    I believe some are, but it's unlikely that every single homophobe is gay
  • WynneTegyn America... 2010/06/05 19:56:35
    WynneTegyn
    No, it doesn't mean they're "gay." Apparently, they all had positive responses to videos that included women, too. What it means is that they have some feelings, perfectly natural feelings, that make them uncomfortable. If they would just get over themselves, they could accept these feelings without attaching judgement, and decide whether they need to act on them or not. And LEAVE OTHERS ALONE TO DO THE SAME!
  • America... WynneTegyn 2010/06/26 04:08:17
    AmericanVirus
    I don't even remember this, but I doubt that I actually read the article, all I did was answer the question.

I firmly believe that some men that are homophobes are closet homosexuals. This belief is because I've known such men.

2014/04/25 08:30:41