Study: Democrats are more educated than Republicans. How do you feel about this?

Colbert 2009/05/19 19:23:08
I knew this, so it's no surprise to me that Republicans aren't as well educated as Democrats.
I'm enraged that anyone would believe this!
According to a recent study Democrats are more educated than Republicans.
http://www.eduinreview.com/blog/2008/09/are-democrats-more-ed...

• dzynrbob 2009/05/19 20:45:51
    I knew this, so it's no surprise to me that Republicans aren't as well educat...
    dzynrbob
    +27
    Since liberals have owned and have run academia in this country for well over 50 years, it's hardly a surprise. Liberals tend to go to school more. Conservatives tend to start businesses and succeed more. I certainly got bored in school listening to liberals pontificate on how brilliant they were instead of actually teaching me what I was PAYING them to teach me (Architecture)

• ryanleonelson 2012/02/27 06:15:44
    ryanleonelson
    Those who can't do teach that is why most educators are liberals. FYI. Maybe you've never heard that comment before because you're stuck in your little town and never left. Also if you look at any viable poll, the more educated you are the more chance you have of being a republican. Then again, the two party system is idiotic. It just lets the uninformed pick a single issue and call themselves that party which that fits into. THINK FOR YOURSELVES! LEARN! My god ( who doesn't exist you bible thumpers) is america this stupid? I weep
  • Colbert ryanleo... 2012/03/20 05:41:34
    Colbert
    That's something a con would say.

If you can't do anything, don't teach. Tell that to Phil Jackson.

If this country were your way, we wouldn't have teachers. Then, you'd really see what stupidity can't do.
  • Masatone 2011/02/20 11:01:10 (edited)
    Masatone
    +1
    I posted a topic,asked the Republicans on how do they want to see our country? None of them responedid. I made a topic about whoopi goldbergs life and how she got into acting, and posted it up in the entertainment section, somehow in the back of their mind it had something to do with politics. And the funny thing is if they did't like Bush why did they voted for him twice, does'nt make sense. I talked about how all our rights should stay the way it is, and how everybody should be treated equally, and how we should have more Freedom. Their response, im a commie and that freedom is enslavement. Sometimes when i make a point to them, they just repeat themselves instead of trying to back up their explanation. And also they say im ignorant, for knowing that gays bis and lesbians poor people rich people are people. And a lot of the times when other people make a mistakes and don't even know what political party they in they blame it on others, especially when the mistakes are what most of the Republicans support, and we are bigots and ignorant people? They say Democrats are selfish and greedy people, when the majority of them believe they should donate the money that they dont need to charity. Their response why shoud we, donate money to the less infortunate when we work hard to ear...
    I posted a topic,asked the Republicans on how do they want to see our country? None of them responedid. I made a topic about whoopi goldbergs life and how she got into acting, and posted it up in the entertainment section, somehow in the back of their mind it had something to do with politics. And the funny thing is if they did't like Bush why did they voted for him twice, does'nt make sense. I talked about how all our rights should stay the way it is, and how everybody should be treated equally, and how we should have more Freedom. Their response, im a commie and that freedom is enslavement. Sometimes when i make a point to them, they just repeat themselves instead of trying to back up their explanation. And also they say im ignorant, for knowing that gays bis and lesbians poor people rich people are people. And a lot of the times when other people make a mistakes and don't even know what political party they in they blame it on others, especially when the mistakes are what most of the Republicans support, and we are bigots and ignorant people? They say Democrats are selfish and greedy people, when the majority of them believe they should donate the money that they dont need to charity. Their response why shoud we, donate money to the less infortunate when we work hard to earn our money. That simply proofs they only care about themselves, and they believe that poor people are lazy. Some poor people work harder then the rich. Typical they destroy America, and the Democrats to blame are the bigots.
  • TroyAzabuke 2010/09/29 00:19:54
    TroyAzabuke
    +1
    of course its true.. most republicans are degenerates
  • Yukkione "In Science We Trust" 2009/11/17 19:38:28
    Yukkione "In Science We Trust"
    +1
    All one has to do is look at the red states...
  • Lisbeth 2009/06/04 18:23:47
    Lisbeth
    +1
    I usually stay away from the political questions but I love getting on the bandwagon when it's soooo right !!!
  • Angel 2009/05/31 00:12:24
    Angel
    That is why this country is in the worst debt ever know to us.

Every time a liberal thinks it weakens the nation! Hell I feel it shifting now
  • Mandimonium 2009/05/30 06:22:52
    Mandimonium
    +2
    um .....duh
  • moomoof 2009/05/30 03:07:30
    moomoof
    +1
    i think my eyes went to the back of my head xD i was laughing so hard lol

i think that ......its true but not in the way you think
    i think it isnt because they dont get education
    i think its because they close their minds
  • 007 2009/05/30 00:48:20
    007
    +1
    w/ all tha beating that Pres., Obama is takin' on SH, doesn't look like it. but, only in... surprise republicans educated democrats tha beating pres obama takin sh
  • Colbert 007 2009/05/30 02:44:06
    Colbert
    +1
    Sites like this are overrun by right-wing terrorists. The simply make 15 different accounts to make it look like America is unhappy. We, those with a brain, know differently. We can simply think on our own, which is a burden for the republican's brain washing. They simply cannot do it to those who aren't easily manipulated.
  • The Gov-Here to help BN362 2009/05/29 22:36:38
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    That is just not true... I will agree that I have met some ignorant ass republicans... But the same goes for the democrats too...
  • Seth 2009/05/29 20:49:30
    Seth
    +1
    Ha! Hilarious.
  • CyniqueCharme~La Patron Sup... 2009/05/29 19:12:23
    CyniqueCharme~La Patron Suprême de P.H.A.E.T
    +3
    There are stupid Democrats, and stupid Republicans. There are intelligent Democrats, and intelligent Republicans.

Right wing, left wing, it doesn't matter. There are stupid people, and intelligent people everywhere. Where you stand on certain issues is completely irrelevant to your level of intellect.
  • Illjwamh 2009/05/29 19:12:05
    Illjwamh
    +2
    Sounds about right. Truthiness is more of a conservative creed, after all.

Unfortunately, it can be overdone. If you're educated too quickly or beyond your capacity to comprehend, you become the dreaded college know-it-all hippie.
  • <--That guy 2009/05/29 19:09:08
    <--That guy
    +2
    I read about that a long time ago. An overwhelming majority of professors tend to be more liberal, as well as others with college degrees.

This is not news to me.
  • Hyper Moose {In burritos I ... 2009/05/29 19:05:07
    Hyper Moose {In burritos I trust.} >:-)
    +4
    I believe overall this is true, but that doesn't mean all republicans are dumb either.

true republicans dumb
  • joe 2009/05/28 03:55:33
    joe
    +2
    This is nuts
  • Colbert joe 2009/05/29 18:34:38
    Colbert
    lol
  • luly 2009/05/22 03:02:14
    luly
    +1
    That's absurd!
  • WORLDPEACE 2009/05/21 20:23:56
    WORLDPEACE
    +1
    Education or NOT, the majority are corrupted by our election processes and the Big Money that sets the agenda to favor capitalists. Congress dutifully assists with the rape of Americans and our tax dollars.
  • TommyB 2009/05/21 17:50:07 (edited)
    TommyB
    +2
    WrongO Moosebreath-Not true! Most recent studies show that, on average, Republicans have more bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees than do Dems. moosebreath-not true studies average republicans bachelors masters doctorate degrees dems
  • Colbert TommyB 2009/05/21 18:40:44
    Colbert
    +3
    My study came with a link, how about yours?
  • Lurch Colbert 2009/05/22 21:33:54
    Lurch
    +3
    They have a study that says most Americans approve of Republicans making up shi+ as they go, while non-Republicans have to spend the rest of their lives proving and reproving gravity exists until every Republican is told to agree.
  • Colbert Lurch 2009/05/29 18:35:44 (edited)
    Colbert
    +2
    lol, so true. Most recent studies also show that republicans are inbred. Funny how they almost never defend their positions, yet still complain that nobody listens.
  • The Gov... Lurch 2009/05/29 22:38:38
  • Lurch 2009/05/20 23:43:00
    Lurch
    +3
    Of course this is true. You just have to look at the facts of the last twenty five years or more.

Which party loyal consistently vote against their own self interests? Duh, the working-class Republicans.
  • sktdriv... Lurch 2009/05/29 10:35:16
  • The Gov... Lurch 2009/05/29 22:39:15
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    Good point... I never thought of it that way..
  • Congrats Obama! 2009/05/20 22:31:37
    Congrats Obama!
    +3
    Naturally.
  • FireBalls-STAND UP united 2009/05/20 21:44:42
    FireBalls-STAND UP united
    +1
    I find this a bit hard to believe. There are very intelligent people on both side of the isle. Now what they need to do is do a real look at the average person that votes democrat or republican not the registered voters.
  • Mandimo... FireBal... 2009/05/30 06:26:21
    Mandimonium
    what? you have to be a registered voter to vote either way.....????
  • ♥ Angelic Laughter ♥ In God... 2009/05/20 20:18:59 (edited)
    ♥ Angelic Laughter ♥ In God we still trust ♥
    +5
    When I was in college, which I paid for myself, the liberals were always perched on the outside of the library. The ones in the classroom were either in the back falling asleep or complaining loudly about republican politics. (some things never change).

Years later, as I am speaking to my daughters friends, the liberal friends were talking about ways of getting paid for going to college. An American citizen pays for an education, however if you are from a foreign country, you get paid to go to our schools.

With all this free education, you'd think they would be smarter than they are. They also love to throw that word out there as if it makes them more intelligent.
  • Colbert ♥ Angel... 2009/05/20 20:25:24
    Colbert
    +3
    Foreign citizens go to our schools for free, yes I know. It's a wonder the government doesn't send our children to school for free, or at least consider that may be the cause for your wondering about common sense in the U.S.A.
  • ♥ Angel... Colbert 2009/05/20 20:26:42
    +2
    Thank you. I agree.
  • Lurch ♥ Angel... 2009/05/20 23:48:57
    Lurch
    +2
    I am a liberal, and outside of working to pay for my own school, I had to waste time educating the Republicans who always beyatched and moaned about the very same Dems who were trying to help make them smarter, more efficient, and without the cost of the middle men such as the Republican-crony banks who charged more interest while the US taxpayer took all the risks for the student loans.

I have gone to school with thousands of foreign students, and have yet to meet a single one who gets paid to go to our schools. On the other hand, I have heard of a few Republican children who took the spot of a deserving and hardworking Liberal who actually earned the spot in that university because the Republican's Daddy was rich or had connections.

You would think that the Republicans who whine and moan about paying taxes would actually try to work with the Dems in reducing those taxes by removing the middle men from industries such as student loans and healthcare, but they vote against their own self interests all too often.
  • ♥ Angel... Lurch 2009/05/21 00:31:27
    +1
    One name is Sally, from Egypt. She was paid to go to school here & is now teaching in the valley.
    Student #2~ Jen worked with me @ Macy's. She is from Japan, she informed me that her daughters are getting paid to go to school here.
    Her government pays for her to go to school, out government does not charge charge her for them to go to school.
    I don't mind paying fair taxes. I don't like my taxes going to illegals that are collecting our benefits, while those of us paying into them would be denied when we are in need.
    By "making us smarter," don't you mean forcing your ideas on us? Your opinions? I've had professors like that. Instead of teaching English 101 it should have been called, "Forcing liberal Politics".
    I don't have much respect for the arrogant butt heads that think that because they have liberal ideals that makes them a rocket scientist. They brag about how intelligent they are & have nothing to show for it.
    I think I will have to agree to disagree.
  • Lurch ♥ Angel... 2009/05/22 21:39:39
    Lurch
    +1
    If we got rid of the war profiteering welfare queens like Dick Cheney we could give them all Lexus's and still not pay an extra dime.

Basic education is a right for all in America. Don't like it, take it up with a Constitutional Amendment drive. I have a Japanese wife who goes to school, and we have met hundreds of other Japanese, Asian, European, etc who have paid for their own way without a dime from our govt.

However, if there is a program that helps escapees from communist countries like Vietnam or even China, well, better to educate them than to force them into crime. It should be at least partial loans though.

Still, my point is that when it comes to graft and corruption, let's start with getting rid of the worst crooks first.
  • Mandimo... ♥ Angel... 2009/05/30 06:31:25
    Mandimonium
    i just wanna say that in effort to ensure the competence of teachers the government is now willing to pay for your college education if you sign a contract to teach in a public school for so many years after you earn your degree
    there are many stipulations that go with this too and i cannot remember all the rules
  • ♥ Angel... Mandimo... 2009/05/30 09:11:53
    That's awesome. I will have to look into that. I have my AA. But would like to go back & get a higher degree. I'm surprised they would have that now, with all the cut backs.

2014/09/20 08:04:36