Store Clerk Shoots Black in Self Defense - Now Black Community Is In Uproar

Birthpangs 2012/12/02 21:31:38

I hate talking about the race issue because there is only one race: the human
race. Yes, there are different ethnic groups within the human race. Some have
darker skin, others lighter skin. Some have almond shaped eyes, others have
more rounded shaped eyes. Some ethnic groups are quite tall and others quite
short. But the bottom line is that we are all part of the same human race and
need to treat each other accordingly and stop trying to use race as a tool of
hatred.

Case in point is what happened to Alexander
Calloway
of Houston, Texas. Calloway, 21 and two other young black men
approached a Valero gas station at 3:30 am, only to find it closed and the doors
locked. Instead of leaving, Calloway and his friends banged on the front door
and yelled at the clerk who was working inside. An argument ensued through the
locked glass door.

In an attempt to resolve the matter, the clerk unlocked the door and tried to
end the argument when Calloway hit him in the face. Seeing that the other two
men had guns, the clerk drew his own gun out and shot his attacker in the
stomach. Calloway was rushed to a local fire station by his cousin. He was
then sent to the hospital where he is listed in critical condition.

Police watched the surveillance tape of the incident and ruled that the clerk
shot in self-defense and that his actions were justified. Of course, the clerk
is not black, so even though he was the one who was first assaulted, Calloway’s
father, along with a number in the local black community are all up in arms and
want the clerk arrested and convicted.

I’ve seen this all too often across the country. Had the clerk been black
and Calloway white, there would be no protests and no calls for justice. If
anything, the white guy would be found guilty of a hate crime for punching a
black guy in the face. But in real life, it was a non-black guy who defended
himself against three armed blacks and now the blacks are blaming him and
demanding justice. I noticed I didn’t hear his dad say anything about his son
assaulting the clerk first or that his wonderful son bears any blame. And now,
the clerk is out of a job because of the community pressure and protest against
the store.

• Ozzyboy 2012/12/02 21:52:35
    This is the kind of crap that will eventually trigger a race war in America. ...
    Ozzyboy
    +14
    It's already started when Holder says he won't investigate any minority on white crimes.

• Keanu 2012/12/21 05:04:30
    Keanu
    +1
    I understand that perhaps that the store clerk should and could have called the police, but even if he had and did not see the fire arms of the offenders, what would have kept them from shooting through the glass and killing him while he was on the phone or reaching for it?
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/12/20 19:46:54
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    Although I do think the clerk should've ignored them, called 911 and kept the door locked.
  • Tom Trojan 2012/12/08 16:32:36
    Tom Trojan
    +3
    The clerk shot a criminal...... the color of the criminal is irrelevant.....
  • Birthpangs Tom Trojan 2012/12/12 18:50:07
  • Bacci 2012/12/08 01:39:39
    Other
    Bacci
    +1
    The clerk should never have opened the door, he had no intention of waiting on them. He should have called the police, but hind sight is 20/20.

The news article stated, "Police watched the surveillance tape of the incident and ruled that the clerk shot in self-defense and that his actions were justified." So, why people are up in arms up this is beyond me.

I hope the young man survives, and realizes you can't go around demanding, and hitting people. Actions=Consequences.
  • betz 2012/12/07 11:55:19
    betz
    +1
    What a senseless death. Are Al sharpton and Jesse jackson involved in this yet?
  • Revolutionary American 2012/12/07 04:10:38 (edited)
  • Raymond59 2012/12/07 00:17:46
    Other
    Raymond59
    The Store Clerk made the mistake of trying to resolve the situation on his own. What the Store Clerk should've done (as I would have) is call the Police. Let the Police handle this type of situation. Also, bringing a Firearm onto the property of a Store that sells Alcoholic Beverages is a violation of Texas State Law. I've worked the Night Shift at a Convenience Store & I've also taken abuse from people that have "banged" on the Store Door while I was working. I've let the Police handle it when threats have been made. So obviously, I have NO SYMPATHY for Alexander Calloway & "his two (2) friends." Next time, I'd suggest that Mr. Calloway (and his two friends) might want to be a little more diplomatic in his approach when he goes to the Store.
  • betz Raymond59 2012/12/07 11:54:39
    betz
    +3
    You are correct that he never ever should have opened the door but he did. Certainly that does not mean that he should have been shot. It's like saying young girls who dress provocatively deserve to be raped. I am guessing this is not what you meant.
  • Raymond59 betz 2012/12/07 19:25:04
    Raymond59
    There's no telling how the shooting was started. If the clerk saw the others had Guns, then there was obvious some foul intent involved on the part of the offending parties. I leave that assumption up to the Authorities to decide. When I was a Store Clerk (for 7-11), I worked the Graveyard Shift. One night, we were doing the shift change & had 4 customers in the Store. I was busy writing down the Tray figures down for the shift change & had 5 masked individuals that came inside the Store. They stole less than $50.00 in cash & 7 12-packs of Beer. The only thing that I saw was a .45 Caliber pistol stuck in my face. I immediately hit the Floor. The Robber didn't have to tell me nothing! I'm NOT going to second guess the Store Clerk in this story because I've been in his place. I'll repeat" "I don't have NO SYMPATHY for Alexander Calloway & his two (2) friends." PERIOD! The problem with Society is that we (as a Society) always are making excuses for the "poor and down-trodden" when they commit Crimes. I make NO DISTINCTION for a Person's Skin Color, their Social Status, etc. If they're committing a Crime, "punish them to the fullest extent of The Law!" I don't want to hear that "they're being discriminated against because of their skin color." PLEASE! That's just making excuses & "lett...
    There's no telling how the shooting was started. If the clerk saw the others had Guns, then there was obvious some foul intent involved on the part of the offending parties. I leave that assumption up to the Authorities to decide. When I was a Store Clerk (for 7-11), I worked the Graveyard Shift. One night, we were doing the shift change & had 4 customers in the Store. I was busy writing down the Tray figures down for the shift change & had 5 masked individuals that came inside the Store. They stole less than $50.00 in cash & 7 12-packs of Beer. The only thing that I saw was a .45 Caliber pistol stuck in my face. I immediately hit the Floor. The Robber didn't have to tell me nothing! I'm NOT going to second guess the Store Clerk in this story because I've been in his place. I'll repeat" "I don't have NO SYMPATHY for Alexander Calloway & his two (2) friends." PERIOD! The problem with Society is that we (as a Society) always are making excuses for the "poor and down-trodden" when they commit Crimes. I make NO DISTINCTION for a Person's Skin Color, their Social Status, etc. If they're committing a Crime, "punish them to the fullest extent of The Law!" I don't want to hear that "they're being discriminated against because of their skin color." PLEASE! That's just making excuses & "letting them of the hook." If you're going to start doing that, then stop prosecuting people that are ripping off other people's Money in the Mortgage Industry. There's no difference!!!!
  • betz Raymond59 2012/12/08 00:49:36
    betz
    +3
    I often do think of those who work in these type of carry outs. It is never something I could do. It amazes me that so many of them have people working at night alone. I am happy you are no longer doing it as there are so many crazies out there, PC Game.
  • Raymond59 betz 2012/12/08 10:19:31
    Raymond59
    +1
    Thank You! ;-)
  • Cramwler 2012/12/05 05:00:31
    Other
    Cramwler
    +2
    Double standard toward Whites. Message from this is that if you are White you don't have a right to defend yourself against non white attacker.
    If you don't have a right to defend yourself as a white person that means that you don't have a right to exist as a white person.
  • Keith Pomeroy 2012/12/04 22:13:13
    Keith Pomeroy
    +2
    Racism is alive and well in black America as much if not more than it is in white America.
  • Birthpangs Keith P... 2012/12/05 16:57:10
  • Jackie 2012/12/04 13:23:46
    Other
    Jackie
    +3
    Of course they think it's a race thing, oh, we did something wrong, so blame the poor clerk trying to defend his life. This is just the beginnning. So if they convict this clerk, every person out there that wants to go rob a store with a gun, will now know they will be defeded by a race law. Give me a break. You try to rob a store, flash your gun, ty to stronghold your way in, you might get shot. If maybe more robbers just got shot and that was the end of the story, im sure the next guy attempting to rob a store might think twice huh.
  • Birthpangs Jackie 2012/12/04 20:59:16
  • Chokmah 2012/12/04 00:14:36
    Chokmah
    +4
    Interracial Crime
    Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.

Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
  • MiniB Chokmah 2012/12/04 15:48:23
    MiniB
    Please name your source...
  • STEELAN... MiniB 2012/12/04 18:38:37
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +1
    I found 2 pages of links with related articles.. colorofcrime.com, stormfront.org, godlikeproductions.com, metapedia.org, answers.yahoo.com, violenceagainstwhites.wordpre... alfin2100.blogspot.com, forgottenvictims.com, youtube.com, federalobserver.com, catholicmessagesusa.com, signalsfromthebrink.blogspot.... ranchers.net, ozziesaffa.blogspot.com, books.google.com, tumblr.com, warband.wordpress.com, jewamongyou.wordpress.com, norcalblogs.com... learn to use your google search window.
  • MiniB STEELAN... 2012/12/04 23:09:50
    MiniB
    +1
    I know how to use my google search window but I do have better things to do than sit around and purposely try to find statistics on stupid things like racial crime stats, which evidently you do because you listed so damn many. I guess that's your thing and that's okay. However, I asked for the source because 1. maybe I would like to see where the info was gathered and 2. I have a thing about listing sources. I don't just believe what other people tell me...I like to see where they got it.
    I have better things to do than focus on hate and negativity.
  • Birthpangs MiniB 2012/12/04 23:14:48
  • MiniB Birthpangs 2012/12/04 23:23:07
    MiniB
    +1
    Thank you, Birthpangs. I will keep that for future reference. Stats are not something I look at often as most of my research is historic or investigative and in a different country.
  • STEELAN... MiniB 2012/12/05 18:03:31
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    Then why are you so interested in researching this post? Show me where there's hate in facts. I also find this rather educational.

• Cramwler STEELAN... 2012/12/18 15:51:48 (edited)
    Cramwler
    +1
    I know about this from long ago. According to Liberal political ideology race do not exist that's why In many schools and universities this type of science that explains racial difference is kicked out of school program because it do not satisfied Left wing and Liberal political agenda. Science based on the Ruth Benedict's writing's is put in the school books to replace politically incorrect science. Because Ruth Benedict's racial theory that race is nothing than just a skin color as product of a climate do most likely satisfies Frankfurt School of politics which is major arsenal for all Liberal and Left wing thinking. Interesting thing to mention is that Ruth Benedict wasn't even racial scientist he was just anthropologist.
    In very few American universities this type of science of race and IQ is part of educational program but is rewritten by political corectness and manipulated by professors in order to be represented to students as an example of fake science created by racists. Because it do not match with standards of Liberal propaganda that is controlling informations and education on American colleges and universities.
  • Birthpangs MiniB 2012/12/05 16:57:36
  • MiniB Birthpangs 2012/12/05 17:48:51
    MiniB
    +1
    Yes, it was very interesting and I believe this brother has his head on straight. I'm surprised as well that someone hasn't pulled it.
    Thanks for sharing... I was pleasantly surprised
  • chucky 2012/12/03 20:24:26
    Other
    chucky
    +2
    It is the same all over the world,if you have a home invasion and you shoot a couple of these criminals and they happen to be black,you are in big trouble.I am sick of this white guilt I treat everyone the same.I believe that a black man would respect me for treating him the same as any white man.
  • Birthpangs chucky 2012/12/03 20:53:15
  • Cliff 2012/12/03 18:01:56 (edited)
    Cliff
    +3
    Having a black president does not seem to have had a positive affect on the black population in terms of inspiring them to work harder and do better. Instead it has inspired them to embrace a stronger sense of entitlement to get something for doing nothing. The sad part about it is that the president is actually promoting a stronger sense of entitlement and demonizing those who work harder and do better.
  • Birthpangs Cliff 2012/12/03 20:54:12
  • Birthpangs Cliff 2012/12/05 16:58:09
  • Cliff Birthpangs 2012/12/05 22:05:22
    Cliff
    +1
    Democrats are always talking about how to make the rich poorer when they should be talking about how to make the poor richer. Calling blacks names like monkey and bubblehead isn't as likely to get them to see the truth as informing them that they can have a better life. I don't know who this guy is either but blacks need more guys like this who will not just criticize, but, more importantly, inform them repeatedly that they can have a better life if they will work harder and do better.
  • Old Timer 2012/12/03 17:57:26
    Old Timer
    +3
    Should have shot the other two also.
  • Sgt Major B 2012/12/03 17:48:57
    Sgt Major B
    +4
    Maybe if the clerk spent a little more time on the pistol range, his aim would have been fatal. Act like a rabid dog, die like one.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/12/03 17:16:17
  • Birthpangs Chris -... 2012/12/03 20:55:50 (edited)
  • Chris -... Birthpangs 2012/12/04 13:53:06
  • gareth.ellzey 2012/12/03 17:11:58
    Other
    gareth.ellzey
    +3
    Screams of racism to justify criminal acts. A 'victim' who was the aggressor is saying race motivated HIS crime? (Or at least his father is, which tells you where he is coming from)
  • Prophet 2012/12/03 17:09:17
    Prophet
    +2
    Sure as shootin. They got themselves a black president and this is their ingrate mentality that they can get by with murder now. And for some odd reason the black community leaders are trying to convince us that racism is a white mans disease. And nothing could be farther from the TRUTH!

2014/08/22 02:08:35