‘STOP DEMONIZING SOCIALISM’: OBAMACARE SUPPORTERS DEMAND ‘FREE’ HEALTHCARE AFTER SUPREME COURT RULING

JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/02 20:22:53
llll

Much has been made of the Supreme Court ruling on healthcare last Thursday, and for good reason. The ruling was historic not only in it’s precedent-setting but also in it’s confounding application. The media world exploded with analysts and experts hypothesizing what the obtuse SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) decision will mean for every aspect of American life into the future.

The Blaze was there on the steps of the court when the ruling came down. While we will leave the hyperbole to the pundits, we did have one question that needed answering:

“What does the Left really want out of healthcare?”
So we followed up with the multitude of progressive protesters that showed up that morning on the steps of the court. As they marched in a circle with custom signs we asked them:

“Why do you support Obamacare?”

“Do you think healthcare should be free?”

The Answers Below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stop-demonizing-socialism-oba...

• Jester M.S. 2012/07/02 20:25:25
    one step closer to total control
    Jester M.S.
    +14
    Then they need to understand that the concept of "free" does not exist.

• Mike 2012/07/08 13:45:36 (edited)
    one step closer to total control
    +1
    75% of Obama supporters are looking for handouts, selfish, narcissistic people socialism mental disorder
  • Nimitz 2012/07/08 04:53:22
    one step closer to total control
    Nimitz
    +2
    Socialism is an unsustainable form of government/economy (and the two ARE inexorably intertwined). Eventually it will eat itself because those who produce will have no incentive to continue to do so.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/07/08 04:22:00
    one step closer to total control
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +2
    Stop demonizing Socialism?! Typical Leftist mentality. Socialism demonizes itself.
  • cowboy 2012/07/05 19:22:59
    one step closer to total control
    cowboy
    +3
    Why aren't these idiots at work or in school?
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/07/05 16:54:07
    one step closer to total control
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    +1
    And their the same ones who want cinnamon toast crunch added to their food stamps or for people who "WORK" for a living to pay for their lives and feed their illeganiment children
  • Don Leuty 2012/07/03 09:31:52
    one step closer to total control
    Don Leuty
    +2
    TANSTAAFL
  • Janoy Davis 2012/07/03 09:30:07
    I agree to sign away my Liberty
    Janoy Davis
    +1
    I signed away my rights and Liberties on the dotted line know as a contract to join the US armed forces. To tell the truth its not bad at all...I get taken care well, healthcare is wonderful (my provider is tri-care, which is military/government ran healthcare). I get sick, they patch me up fine. I called in for an infection, and the next day in the morning I was receiving treatment. I dont see what all the uproar is about...
  • cowboy Janoy D... 2012/07/05 19:21:39
    cowboy
    My wife has tri-care. It is good insurance. One problem though. Locally, no doctors will take it because they cannot get their money back from the government. We have it, but almost never get to use it.
  • Janoy D... cowboy 2012/07/05 19:37:27
    Janoy Davis
    +1
    I only use it when I am REALLY sick. And the on base clinic usually does a good job
  • cowboy Janoy D... 2012/07/05 19:39:20 (edited)
    cowboy
    My wife is always REALLY sick. The Army took 30% of one lung. Closest base is over 100 miles from here.
  • Janoy D... cowboy 2012/07/06 09:55:41
    Janoy Davis
    +1
    I am sorry to hear that, but thank her for her service and I salute her...is she guard or reserve, because 100 miles from the nearest base is WAY too far for active duty.
  • cowboy Janoy D... 2012/07/06 09:58:46
    cowboy
    Not active. Medicaly retired. Shreveport is the closest base. Tri-care works great there. But here locally, nobody wants to accept it in their offices.
  • Janoy D... cowboy 2012/07/06 10:06:16
    Janoy Davis
    +1
    And that part SUCKS. I went to get prescription filled out at the local walgreens, they told me they no longer accept tricare, I was WTF, and went to walmart (down the street) to get them filled. Other than the spotty service, tricare is pretty cheap and good. May I ask, what to 30% of your wife's lung? was it illness or cancer?
  • cowboy Janoy D... 2012/07/06 10:17:28
    cowboy
    Basic training. She had an asthma attack during the gas chamber part. The military docs squirted her lungs full of an asthma medicine, that she turned out to be allergic to. It scarred her lungs immediately, and they had to perform an emmergency surgery. There was no way they could have known she would have an allergic reaction. The medicine was new and is used all over the world now. Anyway, that pretty much ended her military career. I get to be on Tri-care because of being married to her. It is good insurance if you live in the larger cities. They have the best presciption plan I know of.
  • Janoy D... cowboy 2012/07/06 10:33:36
    Janoy Davis
    I HATED the gas chamber when I went through basic training. But agreed, works well in big cities
  • cowboy Janoy D... 2012/07/06 10:38:26
    cowboy
    +1
    Thank you for YOUR services.
  • Janoy D... cowboy 2012/07/06 10:47:00
    Janoy Davis
    +2
    JOB: USAF 3M0X1 Services
    509th Force Support Squadron
    "Without Support, Mission Abort!" - Mission Support Group

1 year down, 19+ to go
  • AL 2012/07/03 07:15:13
    one step closer to total control
    AL
    +3
    Free Health care? LMAO! Even Cheif Justice Roberts had to admit this was indeed a new tax instead!
  • sbtbill 2012/07/03 06:46:31
    I love socialism
    sbtbill
    +4
    Socialism doesn't mean free health care. Medicare is socialism and it is not free.
  • kaZappoo 2012/07/03 05:15:12
    one step closer to total control
    kaZappoo
    +4
    but these liberals dont understand the tradeoff ...

and are convinced they ( the factions ) know what best for them !
  • BobStrauss 2012/07/03 05:13:47
    one step closer to total control
    BobStrauss
    +3
    THIS is only logical outcome you can expect when government caters to the incredible, invisible man amongst the lowest common denominator.
  • Texas Johnny 2012/07/03 03:34:15
    one step closer to total control
    Texas Johnny
    +4
    These people in this video are truly clueless and are living proof of decades of liberal indoctrination in public schools(dumb-ass English kids too). I should know, I teach in a public high school and the liberal bias is so obvious it is staggering.
    They were never taught about the Wickard v. Filburn case in government class.
  • kaZappoo Texas J... 2012/07/03 05:22:11
    kaZappoo
    +2
    and never will be ,,,they also contorted the W W I I to a point that makes the US look as the bad guy for dropping the a bomb ...then obama appologizes to japan ...WOW ...
  • Texas J... kaZappoo 2012/07/03 16:49:16
    Texas Johnny
    +2
    Yep its sad!
    one step closer to total control
    +2
    Socialism is a failure everywhere it is tried and fools want more!
  • lcky9 2012/07/03 02:06:15
    one step closer to total control
    lcky9
    +3
    OF COURSE THEY DO.. Easier than working isn't it??
  • COCO lcky9 2012/07/03 02:18:41
    COCO
    +3
    You betcha.
  • The Libertarian 2012/07/03 01:31:29
    one step closer to total control
    The Libertarian
    +5
    Lets get something straight here with the theme expressed by these people, free and Europe.

A. We are not Europe

B. We will never be Europe

C. Nothing is Free in Europe

D. If you try and make us Europe, you are going to have a bloody fight on your Hands.

E. That is a Fact.
  • COCO The Lib... 2012/07/03 02:20:11
    COCO
    +6
    Yep,people thinking Europe is great,should move there.
  • mich52 2012/07/03 00:32:55
  • BILL mich52 2012/07/03 22:44:58
    one step closer to total control
    +3
    Socialism is alrady demon possessed. I cannot help it.
    Just understand that Free Stuff or free services is never free. Some one always pays for it. and when the government has it's share the price is usually three or four times the original price plus your freedom. When you kook to government to provide safety through more intense laws that encroach on the Constitution . And you choose Safety over your personel Liberty You Deserve neither and will have nothing but oppression in the end. Slavery is not attractiv
    Birth control? My happy red ass. Under the Dictatorship of those who follow Obummer They will tell you when to get pregnant ofr even if you are ever to be allowed a pregnancy. Being a White Girl I rather doubt that will happen since several of Oba,a's friends already talk about eliminating 90 % of Whote Folks because there are too many Whots in the countrye, but it is what you are to the government by that time
  • Arel 2012/07/02 23:59:26 (edited)
    one step closer to total control
    Arel
    +1
    which is their goal. Free isn't free.
  • woodstock 2012/07/02 23:46:35 (edited)
    one step closer to total control
    woodstock
    +2
    F--K OBAMA......VOTE HIS ASS OUT.....IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT HE IS DOING TO THIS COUNTRY IS WRONG THEN YOU DESERVE TO BE IN HIS OBAMA CAMPS IF HE IS ELECTED IN NOV. THOSE SAME TYPE OF CAMPS THAT YOU MAY FIND YOUR-SELF IN HAPPENED IN THE EARLY 40'S.READ HISTORY MAYBE THEN YOU MAY GET THE PICTURE. DO I THINK YOU WILL NO. THE BOX CARS ARE WAITING FOR YOU. HOP ABOARD.. LIFE WILL BE GOOD. DON'T LOOK FOR MOM AND DAD THEY ARE GONE.OBAMA CARE TOOK CARE OF THEM.
  • BILL woodstock 2012/07/03 22:43:14
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/07/02 23:27:06
    one step closer to total control
    Christopher Kirchen
    +2
    And that scares the hell out of me; the Cold War was fought to avoid Socialism/Communism taking over, and now we've gone and voted it in.
  • ed 2012/07/02 23:08:47
    one step closer to total control
    ed
    +2
    well then for those that want this free health care of obama's go ahead and get it just sign on the dotted line[I forgot what page it was on so you will have to find it yourself]But leave the ones that don't want it alone and good luck.
  • BILL ed 2012/07/03 22:41:55
  • ed BILL 2012/07/03 23:16:29
    ed
    +1
    then they need to get their leader to come up with another stimulus.
  • Leantom, the Economic Ratio... 2012/07/02 23:03:10 (edited)
    one step closer to total control
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    +3
    Ugh, in reality the government should not pay for birth control or welfare.

The biggest argument used by supporters of birth control is that it's better than paying for a child's 'education, healthcare, etc.'

However, if we weren't being compelled to pay for poor children's health and education, then that argument would make no sense.

End all entitlements - they just perpetuate a vicious cycle of poverty and dependency.

2014/08/20 18:33:18