Stephen Colbert's Super PAC Has Raised $1 Million: Will He Use It Wisely?

The political action committee formed by comedian Stephen Colbert in June -- now known as Americans For A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow -- has been hard at work raising money for Colbert's unconventional presidential campaign. Now that it's back in Colbert's hands, he's revealing how much it's raised so far. Though it's unlikely that he's actually trying to win the race, he did claim that the money has been used to "materially influence the elections."

Colbert wrote, "Colbert Super PAC has brought in a staggering $1,023,121.24, which my accountant explains to me that is a number far above 'one,' 'two,' 'five,' or even 'many.' We raised it on my show and used it to materially influence the elections – in full accordance with the law. It's the way our founding fathers would have wanted it, if they had founded corporations instead of just a country." Do you think Stephen Colbert will use the Super PAC money he's raised wisely?

• Mayon 2012/02/01 17:31:04
    Mayon
    +18
    All the Republican candidates are jokes, now that Huntsman is gone. At least Colbert is funny, good looking and not senile and decrepit. The Republicans would have a better chance of winning with him than with any of the others.

• Jacqui 2012/02/20 15:32:37
    Jacqui
    Exposes a corrupt absurd election/political system.
  • El Prez 2012/02/04 08:24:10
    El Prez
    +1
    He can't fail. He can use it any way he likes, who can stop him? Besides, our dumb assed supreme court will find that Super PAC' s are really people and can spend their money any way they want.
  • ehrhornp 2012/02/03 21:20:48
    ehrhornp
    +1
    He will bring awareness to the corruption of the system and poke fun at the republicans at the same time.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/02/03 16:04:45 (edited)
  • M'lud heirsof... 2012/02/06 04:58:44
    M'lud
    +1
    I expect that sort of reply from a Texan, but a Floridian? Shame on you.
  • #Justic... M'lud 2012/02/08 01:07:25
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    He's probably a Rick Scott crony.
  • cheshirewayne 2012/02/03 15:57:29
    cheshirewayne
    Doubtful. He should use it for that brain transplant he needs.
  • Nilbud cheshir... 2012/02/07 20:18:06
    Nilbud
    Ignorance isn't a legitimate hobby.
  • cheshir... Nilbud 2012/02/07 20:23:09
    cheshirewayne
    That's why he needs that brain transplant. They can let the "Doctors" on Grey's Anatomy do it.
  • Nilbud 2012/02/03 15:50:33
    Nilbud
    +2
    What a dumb pack of scumbags the people who voted no are.
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/02/03 14:02:03
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Hookers and a couple kilos of coke is my best guess.
  • Orangedragan 2012/02/03 04:57:25
    Orangedragan
    +2
    Although it should be noted that Colbert isn't the one using the money: Jon Stewart is in charge of the PAC.
  • Nilbud Oranged... 2012/02/03 15:52:33
    Nilbud
    Not any more
  • DavidK 2012/02/03 03:58:42
    DavidK
    +1
    He won't ever become President, so why would someone waste their money on him?
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/03 21:22:42
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Because he makes fun of the corrupt republicans and their backers.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/04 06:45:14
    DavidK
    So again, why would someone waste their money on him? He will never be elected President....
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/04 18:22:37
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Because he shows what a broken system we have and perhaps something will come from it.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/04 18:38:07
    DavidK
    +1
    He has added to the broken system!!!!!!!! Perhaps?!?!?!? He has had over three years and made it worse, not better!!!!!! He has spent and wasted more money then all of the Presidents combined!!!!!!!! Are you for real?!?!?!?

this is higher now as our debt is over 15 TRILLION AND GROWING!!!

ghgfhf

yrtyr
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/04 18:43:11
    ehrhornp
    +1
    It is amazing how you phony conservatives ignore the fact that your hero plunged our economy off a cliff. Now you are blaming the tow truck driver for the cost of pulling a car out of a ditch for the accident. If the real winner of the 2000 election was allowed to become president, we wouldn't be in this mess today.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/05 05:53:36
    DavidK
    So how has Obama made it better like he swore to do? He's already worsen it 10 times that of GW!!!!!! Give it up you fool!
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/05 08:44:18
    ehrhornp
    +1
    If you invested 1000 on march 2009, that would be at least 1500 today. You might have heard about employment figures recently? He appears to be winding down the wars while your hero just expanded them. Great use of tax dollars. Love it when you call me names. It shows you are totally devoid of any intelligence. Keep it up. lol
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/05 18:03:12 (edited)
    DavidK
    I've invested far more then a grand, buddy. You haven't invested any or you would know. The only thing that has sky rocketed are my precious metals! As the dollar dwindles, they go up! This is whats called being 'OBAMAPROOFED".Not seeing those profits in my money or stock portfolio from US investments much.
    Unemployment is over 15% in reality if you figure those that have quit looking.
    As for "the wars", with Obama, its only just begun.......
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/05 18:07:10
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Your stocks haven't risen since Obama got in? I admit I lost a ton under GW but with Obama I am within 5% of my all time high. I expect i will reach a new high this year.

As for jobs, Obama is clearly better than your hero GW:

http://www.barackobama.com/jo...
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/05 18:31:53
    DavidK
    No, actually Obama is much worse. He promised under 8%! NOT HAPPENING! Sure, Obamas website wants you to believe its good, but its NOT! Until it stays at under 8%, he's blowing smoke......
    As far as stocks go, I don't believe a word your saying......
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/05 22:28:31 (edited)
    ehrhornp
    +1
    And GW promised that huge tax cuts to the rich would not unbalanced the budget. So he was a bit off. Fact remains if it wasn't for the delaying and obstructive tactics of republicans, Obama's position would probably have come true.

Well, look at your own stock portfolio. It should be close to where it was prior to GW's crash.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/06 04:22:19
    DavidK
    No, its worse and so is everyone elses. If it weren't for my precious metals I'd be more worried. Obama doesn't have the support even with the Dems in Congress to change much of anything. He and his inexperience just need to go. The "blame Bush" slams are far over now. Don't you see the path Obama has taken since GW's rein? Most others do.........
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/06 05:00:28
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/06 17:43:22
    DavidK
    what a joke! Patting himself on the back for destroying America! He will have you libtards believing everything gone bad!
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/06 17:55:39
    ehrhornp
    +1
    I know it is hard to argue with facts and with trends. Keep on pushing for socialism for the rich. Mitt loves you for it.

Just have one favor to ask. Don't ever refer to yourselves as fiscally conservative.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/07 20:50:21
    DavidK
    responsibly Conservative is more like it! I'm successful for a reason. I don't depend on the Government to support me. I pay dearly so that the people like you can spout your stupidity all over the net.
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/07 22:39:01
    ehrhornp
    +1
    You assume I am poor. I am not. I also don't depend upon the government to support me but I do appreciate it when the roads are paved, the water is clean, electricity works, my employer has intelligent workers who were educated by the public education system, etc. etc. etc. None of this would be possible if it wasn't for government. But you go ahead thinking that you did it all by yourself.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/08 00:54:03
    DavidK
    who doesn't want "when the roads are paved, the water is clean, electricity works, my employees are intelligent workers who we hope were educated by the public education system we pay taxes for? Everyone wants these things. Your point?
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/08 01:14:51
    ehrhornp
    +1
    It was you who said that you don't depend upon government to support you. I am just showing how government is probably supporting you. I am glad I don't live in a community where paved roads are being torn up and replaced with dirt roads because there is no money to maintain them. I consider this to be extremely short sighted.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/08 01:18:42 (edited)
    DavidK
    I agree but I pay more taxes for schools I don't use (or my children) and I pay taxes on road construction. I pay more in taxes for these projects then most Americans earn in any given year.
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/08 01:23:54
    ehrhornp
    Well you obviously earn a lot more than most Americans. You should be thankful that you are able to do that as opposed to being run over by a school Bus. We had some friends, very well off friends who died on a California freeway because some huge truck jackknifed and came right at them. They didn't have a chance. In a way I am glad I am not supper rich. less chance of that happening.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/08 05:34:18
    DavidK
    I fly more then I drive! Less chance yet........ Nobody knows when their time is up. But remember this...... HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS!!!!! You had some good friends......
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/08 07:08:06
    ehrhornp
    lol, flying is such a pain today with so called homeland security. What a joke. Being in Hawaii we have to fly to get anywhere but it sure isn't pleasant. I blame the republicans for this.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/08 16:14:29 (edited)
    DavidK
    Actually its Obama's Government take over. For business and pleasure, I fly a private jet. NO LINES OR PAT-DOWNS!

Dassault Falcon 50EX......... IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION?

nbvnvbnb

vbnvbn
  • ehrhornp DavidK 2012/02/08 16:43:50
    ehrhornp
    Unfortunately few can afford their own jet. Maintenance alone would be enough to bankrupt the typical American. Would be worse than owning a boat which is described as a hole in the water.
  • DavidK ehrhornp 2012/02/08 21:08:15
    DavidK
    actually I don't own it personally, my corporation does. If it were a proprietorship, I would own it. For TAX reasons, I incorporated. My family and I are the only ones who use it for personal vaca's tho.

2014/12/22 13:33:36