States Rights? Would you be ok with a state or Muslim community in America having Sharia Law?

gookoy 2012/06/12 02:23:07
As long as that law stays only in that community or state which the people wanted. What if Muslims all moved into a state, bred like rabbits and after several years they became a super majority in that state and wanted sharia law. Anyone that doesnt like Sharia Law can stay out.

If you dont like honor killings, beheadings, polygamy, homosexuals put to death and all the rules of Sharia Law, you DONT HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT STATE! Stay in a state that doesnt have sharia law and youll be fine.

States Rights, Small Government and what the people want.

• 4dc 2012/06/13 00:51:52
    No. I like having a big bloated federal government dictating everyones lives ...
    4dc
    no stupid
  • Waldorf 2012/06/12 13:49:35
    Waldorf
    We rely on the Constitution and the 14th Amendment to keep States from becoming private tyrannies.
  • pollofrito 2012/06/12 10:07:31
    pollofrito
    Sharia law as exported by Saudi Arabia and practiced widely in the Middle East and and parts of Asia is legislated barbarism. It is in direct conflict with modern humanitarian law and the principles aspired to by most contemporary nations.

Sharia law should not be confused with the more liberal Mainstream Islamic beliefs and practices.
    If you will forgive a generalization; Christianity has its nut cases and Islam has its nut cases and neither set of nut cases will ever tolerate any form of sanity.
  • FreeDave (US NAVY) 2012/06/12 06:49:06
    FreeDave (US NAVY)
    Bad choices, this is still America. States shouldn't abuse people's freedoms and rights, no matter what state you're in. Sharia law does not work in America. Besides no everyone has a choice of what state they end up in. If we allow Sharia to one state, it'll spread to another, they'll want to take over.
  • DJPanicDC 2012/06/12 05:31:20
    DJPanicDC
    DONT HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT STATE! Stay in a state that doesnt have sharia law and youll be fine.

True but not everyone would get that choice, It is not OK to turn a blind eye to human rights because of Borders, How far are you willing to take states rights, would you have defended those who kept slavery in the past?
    .
  • ruru 2012/06/12 04:39:39
    ruru
    Your answer options are severly limited whih makes for a poor question. I am not for a big bloated Federal Government and I am against Sharia Law. It is hard enough to keep up with one set of laws let alone two. If a person wants to live under Sharia Law then they should move to a country that already has Sharia Law.
  • JanHopkins 2012/06/12 04:31:25
    JanHopkins
    +1
    This is America, not the middle east. Either follow American law or take yourself back to the wonderful world of sharia.
  • Z 2012/06/12 04:01:46
    Yes. If a state wants has Sharia Law, I dont have to live in that state. Let ...
    Z
    I actually strongly support such a system. It would be much cheaper, easier and allow people to live the way they choose.
  • D D 2012/06/12 03:58:47
    D D
    +2
    Your choices suck. People who want to live under Islam have many countries to choose from.
  • Magnus ... D D 2012/06/12 04:07:47
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    This, to infinity agreement!
  • David Lindner 2012/06/12 03:09:34
    David Lindner
    if the state wants it, then let them have it.

It will probably 99 percent never happen if that was a hypothetical case considering its a special interest and will be bat down by both left and right
  • Grabitz 2012/06/12 02:51:21
    Grabitz
    Sounds like a great place to go hunting on your vacation .
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/12 02:47:50
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Your poll options are absolute crap.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/06/12 02:31:52
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    Oh you mean like Christians have done throughout the Bible Belt?
  • Z FAWKES'... 2012/06/12 04:04:12 (edited)
    Z
    You've never been here, have you? That is only true of Kansas.
  • FAWKES'... Z 2012/06/12 13:00:35
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    So you're saying such a state exists for Christians. Well then, its only fair we let the Muslims have one too. Missouri would be a good choice.

And yes. I've been all through the South.
  • Z FAWKES'... 2012/06/12 13:11:44
    Z
    No, Missouri wouldn't. There aren't really that many Muslims here. Mormonism has a bigger strong hold, since they seem to think Eden, Yeshua's decent and New Jerusalem have been/will be in Independence, Missouri.

As I posted earlier, I support a Muslim state if they can get the votes for it in one state. But they don't seem to have more than 1% of any states beliefs. And then there is the problem of which sect of Islam, because of how even it is.
  • FAWKES'... Z 2012/06/12 13:41:44
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    That's why you need more. They can change the name of the state of Musslori - or maybe go further south to Mislamssippi.
  • Z FAWKES'... 2012/06/12 21:58:07
    Z
    That isn't how states rights works. It is based on what the population of that specific state wants.

2014/07/29 06:55:07