Someone told me that both Barack and Michelle Obama were disbarred and I want to know if there is any proof of this. Thank you in advance.

Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2011/02/19 03:39:38
Related Topics: Obama, Michelle Obama
I just want to know. I asked that person and they copped an attitude because I would not accept their claims without proof. They need to know that it is not who I am to accept things without proof. Oh, and for the record, I cannot stand either of the Obamas. Thank you for listening.

• No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2011/02/19 03:50:28
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +9
    Yes, Michelle voluntarily gave up her licence to end an ethics investigation into
    her behaviour.... 0bama gave up his law licence because he lied on his application to
    take the bar exam...................

Neither can practice law..

• Gadfly2009 CaliGurl 2011/02/19 06:03:54
    Gadfly2009
    +2
    So did I. And you said [quote]: "False! Michelle Obama was disbarred." Then you explained how she wasn't. Pick a winner and stick with it.
  • CaliGurl Gadfly2009 2011/02/19 06:05:41
    CaliGurl
    +1
    It is FALSE that she was disbarred. Can you understand English? I have posted the source. Please leave me alone... I am losing patience for the inept. Thank you. Peace-out.
  • Gadfly2009 CaliGurl 2011/02/19 06:16:56
    Gadfly2009
    +2
    I can understand English when people finally get around to using it coherently.

And the article you're too prejudiced and/or paranoid to read explains in great detail that Michelle wasn't disbarred, that she was never the subject of disciplinary action like some claim, and that she voluntarily inactivated her license in 1993 when she took a position as executive director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, after she'd been working a couple of years on the mayor's staff. She wasn't practicing law and so she didn't need to maintain the license. It would be fairly simple for her to reactivate it if she ever chose.

You could have saved a lot of borderline hysteria if you'd bothered to read the article that supports everything you maintain, only does so more thoroughly and with more complete background information.
  • CaliGurl Gadfly2009 2011/02/19 06:33:42
    CaliGurl
    +2
    Please, I have respectfully asked you to leave me alone. No harrassment, please. Once more, though, will thoughtfully and kindly provide you the undisputed, trustworthy sources. Like it or not, this is the truth.

http://obamatrueandfalse.com/...
    http://www.snopes.com/politic...
  • Gadfly2009 CaliGurl 2011/02/19 06:42:07
    Gadfly2009
    +2
    Fair enough. I never knew that posting detailed information backing what you said would be harassing. That's the furthest thing from my mind. You'll hear no more from me on this or any topic.
  • Skip Gadfly2009 2011/02/19 13:27:26
    Skip
    Evidently CaliGurl is too focused on disproving you that she can't even read her own posts! Now that's really pathetic and demonstrates the fact that she really is a good kool-aid drinker!
  • RED DAWN CaliGurl 2011/02/19 17:48:41
    RED DAWN
    Why did she voluntarily give up her law licenses.Snopes was not a very favorable link but I would recommend that everyone read it and pay close attention to chapter three.
  • CaliGurl RED DAWN 2011/02/21 03:25:18
    CaliGurl
    She voluntarily gave up her license because she wanted to focus on family. She only put it on inactive status. Nobody took it away from her and she was not in any violation whatsoever. She wanted to focus on her family and her husband's career.
  • RED DAWN CaliGurl 2011/02/21 17:31:38
    RED DAWN
    Are you saying that Snopes is wrong if so you need to stop using it as a source to prove your comments when it proves you wrong.Remember you are the one that gave the link.
  • CaliGurl RED DAWN 2011/02/22 21:41:44
    CaliGurl
    Nope.
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +9
    take the bar exam...................

Neither can practice law..
  • Isma'il... No nons... 2011/02/19 03:56:26
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +1
    Oh, okay. That is what I thought.
  • No nons... Isma'il... 2011/02/19 04:02:01
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +7
    The 0-bots will say it is not true because Michelle voluntarily gave her license up........
    His was revoked

Both have Harvard Law degrees, and neither can practice law.

Probably got them through affirmative action and maybe the public dime.
  • Isma'il... No nons... 2011/02/19 04:06:11
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +3
    Oh wow. I do not feel sorry for them.
  • No nons... Isma'il... 2011/02/19 04:08:04
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +5
    Oh she went from the law office to Mayor Daley's office where Valerie Jarret
    already worked. Don't cry for me Argentina..... LOL
  • Isma'il... No nons... 2011/02/19 04:09:00
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +2
    Don't cry for me dumb Obama! LOL!
  • No nons... Isma'il... 2011/02/19 04:17:14
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    I guess I am going to have to look this information up again. These
    little pesty 0-bots are persistent in spreading obfuscations.
  • CaliGurl Isma'il... 2011/02/19 04:48:20
    CaliGurl
    Wow... you're just as hateful as all of them. I don't know why I ever accepted a friend request from you. I thought you were a Christian. Take your hate and play with your hateful friends. I don't need it OR the lies. Good luck, you have shown your true colors.
  • MARTY CaliGurl 2011/02/19 06:23:39
    MARTY
    +1
    u are a christian, right? isn't this passing judgement? thought that the Lord was the only one that was suppose to judge. as a christian forgive and forget, so I thought. your comment makes you the hypocrite. cali gurl is that you God?
  • CaliGurl MARTY 2011/02/19 06:34:35
    CaliGurl
    +1
    I'm not judging. I want friends that are loving and God-fearing, not hypocritical. Simple. Peace be with you.
  • MARTY CaliGurl 2011/02/19 08:04:45
    MARTY
    +3
    " You are just as hateful as all of them."

" I thought you were a christian."

" Goodluck, you have shown your true colors."

" I want friends that are loving and God-fearing, not hypocritical."

Four examples of judgement being passed. You can pick who you want for friends, but to judge them on having a different opinion is not right.
  • CaliGurl MARTY 2011/02/19 08:29:21
    CaliGurl
    +1
    That's not hate. Those are not judgments. Those are called FEELINGS. Now WHO is judging? Live and Let Live and Leave Me Alone. Thank You. God Bless.
  • Lily Bl... Isma'il... 2011/02/19 05:26:59
    Lily Blooms Eternal
    +4
    Don't worry....Obama's not going to cry for anybody but himself. Narcissists never do.
  • TruBluT... No nons... 2011/02/19 05:29:18
    TruBluTopaz
    +3
    And I thought they got them through Full Sail University.....
  • CaliGurl Isma'il... 2011/02/19 04:46:40
    CaliGurl
    That is complete nonsense, are you really believing that? Wow, Isma. That's sad.
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/19 05:05:26
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    Michelle Obama is on COURT ORDERED INACTIVE STATUS--order said since she has been placed INACTIVE that "no malpractice record required."

WHAT DID SHE DO THAT in 1993 -- AFTER only 4 YEARS -- HER LICENSE to PRACTICE LAW WAS REVIEWED AND PUT ON INACTIVE by a DISCIPLINARY AGENCY?
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/19 05:09:16
    CaliGurl
    Michelle Obama voluntarily gave up her license and put it on inactive status say that she could campaign with her husband and devote herself as a full-time mother. She basically gave her career up for family. It has been well documented. Just check online... but beware, there are Obama haters out there, you need to find the credible sources.
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/19 05:38:22
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3

What Is the ARDC? (this is NOT the Illinois Bar-where one can voluntarily be inactive) As our name implies, the ARDC is the agency of the Supreme Court of Illinois which registers attorneys and investigates complaints of misconduct filed against attorneys holding a license to practice law in Illinois.

Our principal purpose is to assist the Supreme Court to determine a lawyer's fitness to practice law in Illinois. If a complaint is made that an attorney, licensed to practice law in Illinois, has engaged in illegal, unethical or dishonest conduct, we will investigate and, if warranted, bring formal disciplinary charges. The Supreme Court of Illinois will then ultimately decide if a lawyer should be censured (publicly rebuked), suspended (having the law license to practice either taken away for a certain period of time or placed on a probationary period) or disbarred (having the law license taken away indefinitely).

We cannot impose fines, imprison, obtain monetary damages, enforce remedies between ...

We cannot impose fines, imprison, obtain monetary damages, enforce remedies between the lawyer and client, or seek civil or criminal relief against a lawyer as part of the disciplinary process. We can affect only the lawyer's ability to practice law in Illinois.

We are not funded by taxpayers' money. We are funded entirely by the annual registration fees paid by attorneys authorized to practice law in Illinois.
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/19 05:44:07
    CaliGurl
    +1
    NO LINK? Ok, I can provide the TRUTH with FACTS. Here ya go. Now stop telling lies.

http://obamatrueandfalse.com/...
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/19 05:46:35
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    WTF..........you post an 0bama website for proof!

wtf post 0bama website proof lmbo
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/19 06:01:47 (edited)
    CaliGurl
    No I didn't/ WTF? Because Obama is in the title, does NOT mean that it is an Obama website. I also posted SNOPES. Go ahead and waste your Friday night posting lies. I posted my facts. I'm done. Keep on hating. btw... if you don't believe snopes, you are definitely biased. Snopes is the most credible site on the net. They verify every fact.
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/19 17:13:51
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    "Snopes is the most credible site on the net. They verify every fact"

Pathetic!~
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/21 03:25:46
    CaliGurl
    +1
    I see a lot of conservatives that don't like facts.
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/21 03:39:56
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    Not as many as the Liberals who spew their own .
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/21 06:48:35
    CaliGurl
    +1
    Facts are facts, honey. You can't "spew your own".
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/19 05:15:50
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/19 05:40:42 (edited)
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    Snopes is not reliable. Once again so maybe you can comprehend:

The article said:

"WHAT DID SHE DO THAT in 1993 -- AFTER only 4 YEARS -- HER LICENSE to PRACTICE LAW WAS REVIEWED AND PUT ON INACTIVE by a DISCIPLINARY AGENCY?"

She was being investigated for malpractice..................
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/19 05:45:01
    CaliGurl
    Where is your source? You are making things up... Here is the TRUTH.

False! Michelle Obama was disbarred

Michelle Obama was licensed to practice law in 1989 by the State of Illinois Supreme Court. In 1993, she became voluntarily inactive.

Illinois Registration Status: Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law – Last Registered Year: 1993

There were no disciplinary proceedings against her license of any kind:

Public Record of Discipline and Pending Proceedings: None

In 1999, there was a procedural change not relevant to someone having already been voluntarily inactive since 1993:

CHANGING FROM RULE 770 INACTIVE STATUS

Prior to November 1, 1999, former Supreme Court Rule 770 provided for a proceeding in the Court for any voluntary transfer to inactive status, whether because of some incapacitating condition or solely as a matter of the lawyer’s preference because the lawyer would not be practicing law.

The current registration rules provide a procedure for lawyers on Court-ordered inactive status under former Supreme Court Rule 770 who might wish to register. Whatever registration status the lawyer wishes to assume (active, inactive, or retired), the lawyer must first file a motion with the Supreme Court for restoration to active status under Rule 759. ...

False! Michelle Obama was disbarred

CHANGING FROM RULE 770 INACTIVE STATUS

The current registration rules provide a procedure for lawyers on Court-ordered inactive status under former Supreme Court Rule 770 who might wish to register. Whatever registration status the lawyer wishes to assume (active, inactive, or retired), the lawyer must first file a motion with the Supreme Court for restoration to active status under Rule 759. The motion process is necessary to screen for those who transferred due to circumstances that require some review of present fitness, and the motions will be contested only in such cases. In all other cases, the ARDC will consent to the transfer, and when a consent is submitted, the Supreme Court typically allows the motion within a few weeks of when it is filed.
  • No nons... CaliGurl 2011/02/19 05:48:53
  • CaliGurl No nons... 2011/02/19 06:04:44
    CaliGurl
    +1
    That's the best you can do? Lack of a source or any intellect, so post an insulting graphic. You have zero credibility. You're not on my level of intellect, clearly. So goodbye and have a good night.

2014/08/31 06:32:35