Someone (on this site) who is supportive of the freedom to abortion asserts "abortion is none of the government's business". That SAME someone argues in support of taxpayer funding of abortion. Do these two opinions contradict each other?

Howler 2012/05/08 14:30:58

• The Black Dagger 2012/05/08 14:46:11
    YES - the two opinions are DEFINITELY CONTRADICTORY to each other
    The Black Dagger
    +23
    It's definitely contradictory. If they don't want the government to tell them they can't have an abortion then they have no right to expect the government to force me to pay for the abortion.

• Freeranger 2012/05/08 14:42:02
    Freeranger
    +13
    Contradictory? Absolutely.....but I'll no longer allow myself to get drawn in to the discussion. I financially support a crisis pregnancy center, which helps women in crisis successfully carry their pregnancies through.
    I feel very good about that, and it's all I need to say.
  • Howler Freeranger 2012/05/08 14:45:00 (edited)
    Howler
    +5
    Hey...Your choice to do with YOUR money as YOU see fit.

I wouldn't do it, but that is me - not you.

Thanks for your opinion.

PLEASE SEE MY LATER COMMENT CORRECTING MY OWN CARELESS MISTAKE.
  • Marvelo... Freeranger 2012/05/08 15:39:04
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +3
    Thank You for actually *HELPING* those in need!
  • Freeranger Marvelo... 2012/05/08 15:41:17
    Freeranger
    +4
    Thanks, I find it very gratifying
  • Howler Marvelo... 2012/05/08 18:10:02
    Howler
    +2
    I misunderstood his comment when I stated I wouldn't do it with my own money.

I would definitely...Actually, I do...Just not directly, but indirectly via another charity.
  • Howler Freeranger 2012/05/08 18:07:44
    Howler
    +2
    I misread your statement...I thought you supported a crisis center that helped women get abortions instead of seeing them through their pregnancy.

Please forgive my carelessness.

I would DEFINITELY support such a center.

And thank you for that noble contribution.
  • Freeranger Howler 2012/05/08 19:13:34
    Freeranger
    +3
    That's fine....and thanks. You were polite regardless.
  • Headhunter 13 2012/05/08 14:41:35
    NO - the two opinions are DEFINITELY NOT CONTRADICTORY to each other
    Headhunter 13
    +3
    They are two different opinions about different things. One is insurance and healthcare the other is about a woman's right to choose
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 14:49:13 (edited)
    Howler
    +10
    Either the government is IN the business of abortion, or the government is OUT.
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 14:52:44 (edited)
    Headhunter 13
    +3
    It is not in the business. The government to the best of my knowledge has never performed an abortion. Being in the business of abortion means actually performing an abortion. The government should only be in the business of law and the law states a woman's rights to that abortion.
  • whitewu... Headhun... 2012/05/08 15:18:20
  • Headhun... whitewu... 2012/05/08 15:22:32
    Headhunter 13
    +1
    And you have every right to be pissed about that if you can prove it. Are they specifically paying for abortions or giving foreign aid that the recipients use that way But again that is a different topic.

Plus it still does not put them in the abortion business.
  • Lanikai Headhun... 2012/05/08 15:20:08
    +6
    But the government FUNDS the abortions thru planned parenthood and medicare/medicaid.
  • Headhun... Lanikai 2012/05/08 15:25:27
    Headhunter 13
    Yep so again it is funding a medical or healthcare organization that chooses on spending the money. Face it no matter how morally you are against abortions it is the law that ALL women have a choice. If you don't want one don't get one.

So what are you people really pissed about the abortion or the money.
  • Lanikai Headhun... 2012/05/08 15:27:37
    +1
    For me it is both. It is unconstitutional to use money stolen from my paycheck to fund anyone elses life.
  • Headhun... Lanikai 2012/05/08 15:30:45
    Headhunter 13
    Sorry to say my friend that is nowhere in the Constitution. Nor is it accurate.
  • Lanikai Headhun... 2012/05/08 15:38:42
    +2
    Go BACK to the original document-there is no provision in that document for ALL taxpayers funding the expenses of any other taxpayer. This nation was founded on self reliance, self provision.
  • Headhun... Lanikai 2012/05/08 15:56:54
    Headhunter 13
    True so we agree that your argument is invalid or at least questionable.
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 15:32:25
    Howler
    +1
    "Being in the business of abortion means actually performing an abortion."

So, is the blanket statement true for anything? -

Being in the business of ____________ means actually performing a/an _____________.
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 15:36:08
    Headhunter 13
    Sorry I never enjoyed playing mad libs. Especially when they start as nonsense. It
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 18:14:33
    Howler
    +1
    You are avoiding the question.

Why?

If you cannot answer it directly as I asked it -- GET THE HELL OFF OF THIS POLL.

Or block me.
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 18:27:27
    Headhunter 13
    I am not avoiding the question. I answered the question. You don't like the answer. BTW it was a stupid and childish question. You posted a mad libs game question a Question is a complete sentence with all the parts. But it was a nice attempt at mental masturbation on your part

Now if you want me blocked that is on you. If you want to grow up and stop playing the self righteous fool that is also you choice.

Here is one for you How can I without contradiction back the death penalty. Are you man enough to stay and try and answer a real question or you going to cut and run and also supports woman choice
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 18:46:05 (edited)
    Howler
    +1
    You avoided this question (in response to your statement)-

So, is the blanket statement true for anything or everything? -

Or, is only true for what YOU assert that it is?

How is that a "game"?
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 19:14:15
    Headhunter 13
    If you have no clue what a childish and silly game that is It isn't my problem. You are trying to take a child's game mad libs and use it as an adult in a debate. If you have a serious intelligent question I will answer it. But You are neither slick enough or smart enough to back me into a corner with a kids game. If that ruffles your feathers tough.

I do not make idiotic blanket statements and anyone that does demonstrates their inability at critical thinking and problem solving
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 15:41:44
    Howler
    +1
    Furthermore, this poll question does not imply that the government IS IN the business.

It implies whether or not abortion has ANY "business" being INVOLVED in the "business"...Which would include "funding".

The use of the term "business" in the context of the poll question is -

e.g., "none of your business": concern, affair, responsibility, duty, function.
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 16:00:03
    Headhunter 13
    Once people get the money it is their "business" what they do with it. Not the governments or ours.

So my question is what is this poll really about money, the government or abortion?

You asked a question about what you deem as a contradiction. Now you seem to want answers about something else
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 18:17:35
    Howler
    +1
    The poll question was asked...You gave an answer and chose an option.

Multiple replies have been given back to you.

Some contain further questions ( my replies do at least) in order to better understand your position.

Either answer them directly or GET OFF OF THIS POLL...OR block me.

Your choice.
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 18:30:43
    Headhunter 13
    No the choice is yours. Are you man enough to stop your a silly game or just a self righteous child playing games. Based on your last to posts to me I am guessing the latter. Now do you have an actual question or do you want to keep on mentally jerking off.

But I will ask you my question again. How do I support the death penalty and woman's choice. I think that may be to confusing to you
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 18:33:38
    Howler
    +1
    Not confusing at all.

Make it a poll question and I will play your "game" if you want me to.

Right now...I am still waiting for you to answer the other question I posed to you.

And if you continue to use such sarcasm as "jerking off"...You are done here my friend.

Your choice...Ball in your court...
  • Headhun... Howler 2012/05/08 19:17:28
    Headhunter 13
    ROFLMAO and you say you don't play games. Trying to twist my response to you is not only childish but a poor game. As I said the choice to block me is yours. Or you could ask an intelligent question.

BTW my use of "you mentally jerking off" was not sarcasm but a clear evaluation of your nonsense posts. Now. Block me or move along. But at least be man enough if you block me do it before you make anymore childish comments
  • Howler Headhun... 2012/05/08 19:56:32 (edited)
    Howler
    +1
    OK...Done. You are blocked...And I will do it as a result of considering your own comment at the top of your profile, which reads in YOUR words ---

"Ignorance/stupidity will get you blocked".

You must have been doing some serious introspection on yourself when you came up with that one.

And, how childish of you to equate any behavior on a trivial social networking site like Sodahead with being "a man"...teehee.

How funny...You apparently take this site waaaay too seriously my "man"..lol
  • Laura Lovegood 2012/05/08 14:37:17
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/05/08 14:36:53
    Jack's Pearl
    +7
    In my opinion, it is, yes. Taxes and government control go hand in hand.
  • Lanikai Jack's ... 2012/05/08 15:20:34
    +3
    And use of services paid by the government, like abortion, also contribute largely to that control.
  • Lindy... 2012/05/08 14:35:42
    Lindy...
    +5
    An abortion is a 'medical procedure.' Taking away someone's decision to HAVE an abortion is unconstitutional and interferes with their rights under the law. It's very simple, actually.
  • Laura L... Lindy... 2012/05/08 14:39:42
  • Howler Lindy... 2012/05/08 14:42:16
    Howler
    +6
    Your commentary only speaks of your opinion of the support of legal freedom to abortion.

It speaks nothing about the support of legal freedom from being forced to PAY for it.
  • Richard... Lindy... 2012/05/08 14:43:47
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +7
    Re-read the question. You seem to have misunderstood what was being asked.
  • Marvelo... Lindy... 2012/05/08 15:45:29
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +3
    No one is talking about taking away their ability to kill their babies; but only about forcing *ME* to pay for killing their babies.

And no, abortion is not a Constitutional Right.
  • Lindy... Marvelo... 2012/05/09 14:42:48
    Lindy...
    But you don't mind paying for Viagra?

2014/08/20 22:33:07