Solutions to Fixing Government and Our Nation's Problems; What Are Yours?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/11/13 17:46:23
Here are some of mine
I have a few ideas

1)
Pay cuts for everyone in Congress; shorter terms, no lobbyists, having more options of a party and candidates (Not only Republicans/Democrats). Tax increased towards the Clinton years (Close all loopholes), cut spending on wasteful programs that don't work, and it is unrealistic to have 12 million Illegals leave.

2) Anyone who has a criminal record or committed a crime gets deported; those who work and are doing well get a temporary Visa. They have to go through the whole process of becoming a citizen before their Visa is up. If they don't finish the process, then they get deported; secure all borders.

3) End NAFTA or have it revised.

4) End the Patriot Act.

5) End the "Wars On Drugs".

6) Marriage is a government contract, Gays should be awarded the same rights. The Church doesn't have to recognize it, but respect it. The Church doesn't have to wed homosexuals, but nor does it have the right to put their beliefs upon others.

7) Foreign Aid; do a budget and oversee all foreign aid. Find the areas that are a waste of money, and cut them.

8) Military/Industrial Complex; cut anything that doesn't serve use to our arm forces.

9) FCC has been expanded to cellphones under George Bush, our current administration should cut it back to land-lines. That was the original plan under Reagan.

10) Make welfare structure itself into a more job base employment atmosphere. Teach people how to dress appropriately for job interviews, how to fill out an application, and what to expect from employers. Those who already have jobs, but need the extra help (i.e the working poor) should be allowed to stay on certain programs, as long as they have a job and can provide proof of the need assistance.

11) Sex offenders shouldn't have softer time compared to drug offenders. Those who are drug users but not violent shouldn't even be in prison, hence ending the War on Drugs. Again, sex offenders as in Child molesters and rapists should serve harder time.

12) Stop rewarding failure; if your business fails due to bad management/practices, no one should bail you out. Wall Street execs shouldn't get bonuses for bad behavior and people shouldn't get rewarded for failure.

13) Teachers who are not doing their jobs right should get fired, schools that keep failing the requirements shouldn't keep getting more money. Again, rewarding failure; parents should also be allowed to put their kid in any school (i.e vouchers). The point of education is to worry, help, and educate the kids; not self-greed. The history books need changing as well, many are outdated and the context within is lazy.

14) Let the theory of evolution and creationism be taught; one is Science class as the origin of man and the other literature/philosophy.

15) Let's end inflation:

inflation

Inflation creates booms and busts when money is artificially put into the system and unsecured. Crony Capitalism isn't grand and is hurting this country economically with its up and down nature.

I have other ideas and plans, but I would like to here from you; what are your solutions?

• JustMe 2013/02/06 07:03:54
    I have a few ideas
    JustMe
    get rid of em all and start over
  • gregory.brown.5030 2013/02/04 14:33:33
    I have a few ideas
    gregory.brown.5030
    I would add strict penalties for anyone who removes money and jobs from the US, and a complete overhaul of the tax system so everyone pays the same percentage, or scrap all taxes and go to a national sales tax distributed from the bottom up. Say the states 65% and the feds 35%
  • ivegotloveinmypants 2013/02/04 12:30:20 (edited)
    Here are some of mine
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    I humbly submit:
    1- GET A BUDGET! Don't go down the road to Greece in the name of compassion.
    2- RESTRUCTURE JOBS PLAN- there are certain- and many areas of America that have seen no improvement in unemployment despite the national avergae being lowered- it actually hiked up to 7.9% from 7.8% last month, I think. This shows an ineffective jobs plan that needs to be addressed.
    3- EASE THE PAIN OFF SMALL BUSINESSES- their hands and funds are tied, and it certainly comes as no help to thm to hear about the rise in taxes, which will have a detrimental affect on their hiring abilities.
    (Just read your ideas, Mahogany- they are VERY good!)
  • Katherine 2013/02/04 06:38:02
    I have a few ideas
    Katherine
    +1
    It's just way too complicated. Let's say we go back the way we came until our Founding Fathers. Minorities are free and can vote, 19 Supreme Court Justices, and government employee's pay is subject to the private sector. That means that if they screw up the economy and our paychecks drop, so does theirs. Hell, let's just say they're subject to all the laws they pass. Perhaps they'll think twice about passing them.
  • Katherine Katherine 2013/02/04 06:48:37
    Katherine
    Had to comment on the following
    6) Marriage is a government contract

Marriage is a religious institution. Government got involved for tax purposes. I believe in getting the government out of marriage and letting private institutions decide who they want to join together. This also comes with having no income tax.

11) Sex offenders shouldn't have softer time compared to drug offender

On the topic of jail... I believe we should have the death penalty only for adults who have been convicted of multiple cases of murder. However, penalty can't be carried out earlier than two years or later than five years. Rape of minors is life imprisonment.

I would teach all under history class actually. Evolution, Paganism, Greek and Roman and Egyptian mythology, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and so forth, along with the Middle Ages, French Revolution, Revolutionary War, Civil War and so forth.
  • ivegotl... Katherine 2013/02/04 12:36:55
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    This is what I like about the private sector- if you fail, then YOU pay, and no one else- especially those trying to look after their families, have to pick up the tab. Great idea.
  • Mrs. V 2013/02/04 03:22:05
    Here are some of mine
    Mrs. V
    Throw out the Marxists, who have disguised themselves as Democracks.
    Remove all the duplicitous agencies and overlaps per Sen. Tom Coburn's recommendations.
    Cut government funding and bureaucracies.
    Return to the constitution.
    Instate a fair TAX so that all people have skin in the game here.
    Stop the entitlements except for the truly disabled, mentally ill, or handicapped. Get the able bodies people off welfare. Institute workfare.

Just a start.
  • Latti I... Mrs. V 2013/02/04 03:27:47 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    You really sound immature, why not give valid statement absent of the sophomoric attitude/dialogue?
  • ivegotl... Mrs. V 2013/02/04 12:38:34
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    Institute workfare- great point. However, I rather blame poor government jobs policies that have seen many more added to welfare, lack of business action- although they are suffereing enough under government, and lack of individual action- staying in school, getting qualificaitons etc etc.
  • Mamaknows 2013/02/04 03:08:20
    Here are some of mine
    Mamaknows
    +1
    1. PAY CUTS AND gov officials bennies (to the basic that they FORCED most of the people to be get stuck with). Cut off the perks

2. Cut out the bennies for anyone here illegaly. If people are here illegaly and have a baby or 15 none of them should be citizens. Deport them and charge their home country for their ticket home. Stregthen out boarders ...by using all of service men and women they are bringing home on the boarder. If they are here and get caught transporting cartel drugs or cooking /growing for the cartel they should be sent home or shot.

3. Cut spending....enforce tax laws already in place ....repeal obamacare....then after those are taken care of if need be raise taxes...cut unconstitutional or pointless laws

4. Take a HARD look at our ed system and ditch the teaching programing that are not working...and teachers that are intrentched in their liberal propaganda. Schools should just teah ....not indoctrinate students into the socialist mind set or the con mind set. Just get teachers and admin that will TEACH the kids how to learn ...basics.

5. Stop substidising planned parenthood other programs that are "non"profit yet millions if not billions.....

6. End the Patriot Act.... End the "Wars On Drugs"(I agree there so I will add those to my list:)....and stop st...

6. End the Patriot Act.... End the "Wars On Drugs"(I agree there so I will add those to my list:)....and stop stocking up on domestic terrorist controls ....remove drones from US soil. Respect each states laws and keep fed to a bare min.

7. Do not redifine marraige....but revise civil union.

8. CUT Foreign Aid where ever possiable because we need to start at home for charity....our people need our help first then we can better aid others.

9. Ease off taxing business because ours are hurting....and crashing which is KILLING jobs and growth....
  • Boris D. 2013/02/04 02:24:57
    I have a few ideas
    Boris D.
  • ivegotl... Boris D. 2013/02/04 12:40:54
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    This was actually voted worst speech for soem time at a convention. I actually agreed with more of what Romney said- pertaining to banks, small businesses, although I mostly supported Obama. I think Romney reall caught a lot of flack- quite a lot of it His own fault, but he was rather picked on by the media.
  • krayzrick 2013/02/04 02:24:49
    I have a few ideas
    krayzrick
    One in particular.... DUMP ALL INCUMBENTS
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2013/02/04 01:53:03
    I have a few ideas
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +1
    I have a buttload of them. However I won't post them again. The last time I did, I had people offering to be my Vice President. I am already a target, if they think I have followers, I could end up at the bottom of a burned out building in Waco!
  • Tinka123 2013/02/04 01:39:40 (edited)
    I have a few ideas
    Tinka123
    +3
    Limiting power to only that which is clearly enumerated would be a good start. That would almost single-handedly eliminate lobbyists as no one invests in that which shows no prospect for return.

We can't fix the nation's problems, people are too* unique for a one size fits all approach - that's why our federal government is failing. One size fits all is the only thing they have to offer. If we can't 'fix our problems' individually - govt. certainly can't do it on our behalves. jmho
  • seattleman 2012/11/24 09:35:35
    I have a few ideas
    seattleman
    +4
    I would start by throwing the current budget out the window. I would slash the military's bloated budget significantly. We should bring our troops home from Afghanistan, now - and begin closing bases around the world. I imagine we could close about half of our international military bases without it affecting national security in any way. That's just a start...

A budget is a moral document. It says something about who we are as a nation.
  • elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard 2012/11/24 03:02:04
    Here are some of mine
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +2
    Get the corporations under control, do not let organizations have individual rights. Have truth laws in political ads.
  • William 2012/11/16 08:10:31
    Here are some of mine
    William
    +1
    Repeal the Federal Reserve Act and start afresh. End the central bank. Allow states who have prepared by

End all the wars--including the war on drugs (it's just a euphemism for the destruction of civil liberties). Grant amnesty to non-violent drug offenders.

Close bases in non-conflict countries.

Re-negotiate with Germany and Japan to resume their own armies and bring our troops home. With no wars and few overseas bases to maintain our military budget can be safely cut in half.

End international foreign aid--welfare for greedy dictators.

Send the marriage thing back to the states, the federal government has no business in it according to the Constitution.

Replace the so-called "income tax" with The Fair Tax and abolish the income tax, the lRS and BATF. No severance pay for these.

End the post office, Amtrak, Freddy Mac and Fany Mae, ICC and ARC. Auction postal routes to highest bidders UPS, FedEX, etc.. and use the money to fund what is left of the USPS pension fund for retired postal employees and near retired employees. Sell valuable real estate associated with the USPS to provide further funding for the pension fund and to give those being layed off a decent severance package. This year USPS cost U.S. tax payers 15.9 billion dollars. it's time to retire th...

Close bases in non-conflict countries.

End the post office, Amtrak, Freddy Mac and Fany Mae, ICC and ARC. Auction postal routes to highest bidders UPS, FedEX, etc.. and use the money to fund what is left of the USPS pension fund for retired postal employees and near retired employees. Sell valuable real estate associated with the USPS to provide further funding for the pension fund and to give those being layed off a decent severance package. This year USPS cost U.S. tax payers 15.9 billion dollars. it's time to retire this grand institution with respect, rather than keeping it on federal life support.

End Indian dependence on corrupt law makers. Federal forest land that was under treaty by the U.S. Government to the Indian Nations, including national parks, should be given to the Indian Nations to do with whatever they want. Future payments to Indian Nations ended and the criminal organization that has absconded with $billions, the BIA should be dissolved.

Use professional realtors to sell at market price unused federally owned buildings and real estate.

End all subsidies to American businesses. This includes subsidies going to Alpaca and Mohare ranches owned by rich people, like the Koch brothers and Sam Donaldson.

Repeal the Patriot Act, FISA, Obamacare, Rural Electrification Act and all other constitutionally dubious laws. Dissolve the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, TSA, Department of Education. End our affiliation with the U.N.--a lot of money for high brow parties.

Reduce pensions for elected officials to the median head of household income. For Congress and the President, this would be $38,000/year. For bureaucrats and appointed positions, let them get paid according to what the median in that industry gets paid. Where their is no match, congress decides.

Finally, end all subsidies for political parties. End matching funds, payments for conventions, etc.. Third parties have been paying for their own conventions, surely the rich dominant parties can afford it.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/11/15 19:49:18
    Here are some of mine
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Everyone seems to agree on most of your ideas.

So why can't the right and left compromise again?
  • Latti I... Chris- ... 2012/11/15 20:19:42 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Politics, and trying to win elections/donors; on top of the American people being dumb enough to think we are so different from each other.

money gif
  • Chris- ... Latti I... 2012/11/15 20:26:15
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Ideology and money.
    sigh gif
  • P. Sturm 2012/11/15 04:41:22
    Here are some of mine
    P. Sturm
    +1
    All your ideas are good, but what our number one priority needs to be is dissolving the Federal Reserve before they print so many dollars we go into hyperinflation, and to put the dollar back on the gold standard, or any internationally recognized standard.
  • Gregaj7 2012/11/15 02:09:07
    I have a few ideas
    +2
    Withdraw consent to the municipal corporation, hq'd in DC, running things.
  • Zepland 2012/11/14 22:42:57
    I have a few ideas
    Zepland
    +1
    You have good ideas with the exception of teaching the theory of evolution as science. The evolution of man is a theory not a scientific fact.
  • Latti I... Zepland 2012/11/15 01:24:35 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    It's a theory, and all theories need to be taught; the arrival of HIV has three theories. Theories are possible answers, with gathering evidence.
  • Aksana 2012/11/14 20:04:52
    Here are some of mine
    Aksana
  • Latti I... Aksana 2012/11/14 20:41:50
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Take your childish antics somewhere else.

• William Aksana 2012/11/16 08:15:46
    William
    +1
    it's not necessary to stoop to this level to criticize the President. His policies alone are damning enough. Let's stick to issues.
  • Rustie 2012/11/14 18:31:45
    I have a few ideas
    Rustie
    +3
    Congress shall punch a time clock.
    Congress will get no vacation until they have been there one year.
    Congress shall have limits of two terms maximum.
    Congress shall pass no laws which they may exempt themselves from.
    Congress shall only receive an increase in pay when it is VOTED for by their constituents.
    Lobbying shall be declared a felony punishable by 5 years in prison AND a $5 million dollar fine.
    Congress shall be given barracks style housing in which to stay during their term in office.
    A bus will take Congressional leaders from the barracks to their offices.
    Congressmen/women who wish to fly ANYWHERE for other than the business of their office will pay for the airline ticket themselves.
    The President will be allowed 2 (TWO) vacations a year, lasting no more than 4 (FOUR) days.
    The First Lady may NOT take Air Force One for ANY reason OTHER than official duties.
    A vote of No Confidence against the President may be held on a National level at ANY time if there are enough petition signatures to warrant it (50,000 or so).
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/11/14 18:17:34
  • Hippygirl 2012/11/14 13:19:25
    Here are some of mine
    Hippygirl
    +2
    Legalize marijuna and tax it. it will create jobs
    Here are some of mine
    +3
    END ALL FOREIGN AID
    END THE FED

Tax the wealthiest at 91% like in the Eisenhower admin... get these uber-wealthy yayhoos OFF the MoneyTit.

END Big Oil's subsidies - do they REALLY need it?

Our lawmakers get MINIMUM WAGE and PAY FOR THEIR OWN HEALTH CARE and they pay into Soc. Sec. like everyone else!

TAX / TARIFF the hell out of Chinese goods

TAX BREAKS for companies that HIRE.... Espeially small businesses.

Public Option / Universal Health care. Why? In the end it will SAVE money.

Can probably think of more given the time...!
  • JJ Rage 2012/11/14 04:54:18
    Here are some of mine
    JJ Rage
    +2
    1. Audit the Federal Reserve Bank

2. End the Electoral vote, popular vote only

3. Reform the war on drugs to be an actual war on dangerous drugs, i.e. Meth, Cocaine, Exstacy etc. and not a war on addicts. (Addicts should go to rehab, not jail unless they have been to rehab multible times.)

4. Investigate Fast and Furious more diligently.

5. Fight wars to win and end, not occupy and nation build

6. End ties with the U.N. (They need us, we do not need them.)

7. Seperation of religion and state, if one religion is not allowed, none should be.

8. Quit shoving gay people down my throat! Let the people get married so I can have some damn peace! Who really cares? And why do you care so much? Personal liberty means they can get married if they really want to. And get this, every soldier who has died for personal liberty, died for their right to get married. So Chuck and Larry, congratualtions fellows.
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2012/11/14 03:17:59
    Here are some of mine
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +3
    1. Legalize marijuana, tax it, and it would also empty the jails.
    2. Legalize prostitution, tax it and it also would empty the jails.
    3. Make it possible for illegals to get a year to year visa, tax them and this too would empty the jails.
    The deficit would be gone in about 1 year and then I would fix all the broken government programs and rid us of the useless ones.
  • Latti I... Lee The... 2012/11/14 13:03:22
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Agreed.
  • rk 2012/11/14 02:37:14
    Here are some of mine
    rk
    +1
    1. Impeach Obama and Biden
    2. Ouster Reid and peloci
    3. Follow the constitution
    4. Stop all Obama Care
  • Latti I... rk 2012/11/14 13:03:41
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    1)

Not happening.
  • twocrows rk 2012/11/24 13:49:23
    twocrows
    +1
    sorry, you have to decide which is more important: your ideology or the Constitution.
    if you were to succeed on numbers 1, 2 and/or 4 - - number 3 would be moot.
  • SIMPATTYCO 2012/11/14 02:19:47
    I have a few ideas
    SIMPATTYCO
    +2
    1. sell the post office to Federal Express
    2. Abolish Public Sector Unions .. cut future pentions
    3. Legalize Drugs use some tax to hospitalize rehabs.
    4. Cut all D.C. employes by 10%
    5. Pass a Law that ensures that Congress must live with all regulations legislated for others Healthcare ..pensions.
    6. Term Limits for Congress No more than 4 then sit out two then run again if they want.
  • Beccy 2012/11/14 02:09:19
    Here are some of mine
    +2
    1. People need jobs if the private sector does not supply them the government must
    2. Hugh tarriffs on things coming from overseas.
    3. End the fed
    4. Close the boarders until the employment mess is cleaned up.

Our state has Michigan works where people have to look for work

5. More trade schools.
    6/ Open up orphanages and state hospitals again.

2014/04/16 10:25:41