SodaHead members should realize that nothing that the other side says or points out will change anyone's mind.

ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/01 01:20:53

Pointing out things about President Obama, if it comes from the right, is going to be ignored just like the progressives and what they say are ignored. So, things like, before you vote for Obama read this. NOTHING that I read will keep me from voting for President Obama. NOTHING the right says is going to mean anything to me regarding Willard or Paul. SodaHead isn't an exchange of ideas, no one is interested in ideas from the other side.

My opinion is made up, just like it is for every single person on this site. Kind of makes you ask what's the purpose. I guess it's a place to write down your own opinion and put it out there for your friends to say, "What a great post," or your nemesis can tell you how "wrong you are." I can tell you what I do, as soon as I leave a thread and said what I wanted to say, I don't even remember who I made the comment to. This applies to those who slam progressives or President Obama. I do remember what I say to my friends and they to me. Often times, once I've made a comment, I never go back to the thread when there has been a comment left for me in My Happenings, I just click on the red X and delete it.

There are some conservatives I do know and remember, but I can count them on one hand. I guess what I'm saying is nothing I say or anyone from the right says makes a bit of difference to me, I almost instantly forget about it.

Do you think that no minds can be changed on SodaHead? Do you know anyone who has ever listened to the other side and changed their mind because of it?

• Mopvyzo 2012/05/01 20:35:49
    I do agree that no one changes their mind...
    Mopvyzo
    +5
    My support for President Obama is unwavering. He has done the best job he possibly can considering the mess the country was in and the Congress that he has had to contend with. So yes I'm voting for him.

• chris 2012/05/09 12:14:35
    I don't agree. I have changed my mind if I'm convinced I'm wrong.
    chris
    only fool doesn't change his/her mind.
  • frank 2012/05/06 20:45:44
    frank
    I think some of the Obummer supporters may have changed their minds or they are ashamed of him, Have you seen any Obama stickers on cars like you did 4 years ago? I haven’t.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ frank 2012/05/06 21:04:12
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    I am a STRONG President Obama supporter and I'm proud of him. He's doing a great job. I haven't seen one Willard bumper sticker in this now purple state of AZ. I don't know anyone who has seen a Willard bumper sticker, including all the commenters on AZCentral in the paper. Yes, I've seen President Obama stickers.
    az willard bumper sticker commenters azcentral ive president obama stickers
  • frank ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/06 21:19:43
    frank
    +1
    If he is doing such a great job, why does oppose enforcing the immigration laws, oppose the pipe line. Oh by the way, I live in California and see a hole lot more cars every day then you do
  • Dandydon 2012/05/06 19:20:11
    Dandydon
    +1
    If it doesn't matter,why make a poll just to say it doesn't matter.
    Myself i think there are plenty of Liberals waking up,all the time.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ Dandydon 2012/05/06 19:30:03
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    That's what you get for thinking.
  • Dandydon ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/06 19:32:12
    Dandydon
    Guess i should keep thinking a lot more,then..
  • Muriel 2012/05/06 18:02:56
    Muriel
    +2
    When wrong I apologize .If I can be presented with facts and a logical answer I will consider and change if I feel you are right.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ Muriel 2012/05/06 19:17:51
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    I apologize when I've been PROVED wrong if they use a credible source.
  • Dave 007 2012/05/05 13:45:16
    Dave 007
    +1
    Those of us who know that obama is bad for American are right and NOTHING can change that.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ Dave 007 2012/05/05 19:02:24
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    You only wish, sweet cheeks, you only wish. Willard can't go through a week without screwing himself.
  • YouSirName 2012/05/04 17:50:06
    YouSirName
    +1
    but maybe you could change my mind about that... ;-)
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ YouSirName 2012/05/04 22:45:53
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    Why? I couldn't care less what you think.
  • YouSirName ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/05 14:40:59 (edited)
    YouSirName
    +1
    (A) you answered
    (B) it was a joke - duh!. If you changed my mind about my answer then I would have to say that I agree. But if I agree, I would be agreeing that you can't change my mind, which means that I don't agree...
    (C) maybe that was your joke too...hmm
  • sherie 2012/05/03 05:25:44
    sherie
    +1
    If you have an open mind, it can be changed.....I've had a few experiences here where a well stated argument without name calling or insults, has made me rethink my position. I love hearing all sides....even if I dont agree. ;)
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ sherie 2012/05/04 22:46:09
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    I don't believe you.
  • sherie ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/05 18:41:14
    sherie
    Oh well........ :)
  • sherie ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/05 18:43:38 (edited)
    sherie
    I hope i never become so ridged that i cant see both sides of an argument and recognize that both may hsve merit
  • GeorgeAMartini 2012/05/02 03:00:18
    GeorgeAMartini
    +2
    I changed my mind about something just last week. But the person who convinced me didn't call me names or denigrate my entire worldview. We had a rational discussion.
  • sherie GeorgeA... 2012/05/03 05:27:17
    sherie
    Exactly what I was trying to say :)
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ GeorgeA... 2012/05/04 22:46:24
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    I don't believe you, either.
  • sherie ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/05 18:45:41
    sherie
    What DO you believe?
  • GeorgeA... ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/05/05 18:48:04
    GeorgeAMartini
    I think that is a joke. Actually made me laugh. Thanks. :)
  • sherdon2 2012/05/02 00:47:35
    sherdon2
    I have enjoyed and learned a great deal about Ron Paul and i am a Democrat thinking of voting for him after meeting with a delegate on one of the other posts.
  • Candace Washington 2012/05/01 23:29:02
    Candace Washington
    as far as politics, no. no one changes their mind. everything else? possibly
  • aherbert 2012/05/01 23:09:04
    aherbert
  • Pete 2012/05/01 21:03:53
    Pete
    Reader, are you wise? Do you know the danger of speaking to a fool? You cannot win with words, for he will not listen or change Proverb (27:22). If you engage in debate, you become a fool yourself Proverb (26:4). His foolish and unlearned questions only bring strife (II Tim 2:23). If you give him truth, he will despise it and trample it under his hoofs (Matt 7:6). And he will pervert your words against you Proverb (9:7-8; Matt 7:6). Be wise! Stay away from fools! Don't waste the truth on them! Choose wise men for friends (Ps 119:63)......................
    PBWY
  • janet 2012/05/01 20:42:22
    janet
    Enough said : )
  • Mopvyzo 2012/05/01 20:35:49
    Mopvyzo
    +5
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/01 19:53:04
  • Cordingly 2012/05/01 17:57:47
    Cordingly
    +1
    Meh, I've had some decent discussions once in a blue moon on Sodahead, but I have to agree that the people who wish to be uninformed will remain that way.
  • Ole SGT Joe 2012/05/01 16:20:54
    Ole SGT Joe
    +1
    Data is data. One can only make a decision based on available facts and depending on timing, go with their best instincts. As additional data becomes available, your opinion should adjust accordingly.
  • TrudyGirl 2012/05/01 16:15:36
    TrudyGirl
    +1
    I do not however believe that most of the GOP people who are so rude and ugly will change their minds because they are brainwashed in their beliefs and don't think for themselves. I was not a believer in Obama in 08 and wanted Hillary but by the time of the election he convinced me he was the person for the job. I made a good choice when I voted for him.
  • Lester 2012/05/01 14:43:23
    Lester
    +1
    Certainly there are ideologues who will never change their minds. But, I've changed my mind on things, even big things like gun control, and I assume many others on SodaHead are willing to do the same.

The problem with the Presidential campaign is that it goes on too long: in most countries it only lasts a month or so. I was interested in what Romney and Obama initially had to say. But at this stage, they are just going around and around on the same old talking points. While I would listen if they actually had anything new to say, I doubt they will before November. So I would agree that I have probably made up my mind on who I will vote for, (as have probably most people except the terminally undecided.) But I think that is more a comment on American elections than on people's open mindedness.
  • Tully 2012/05/01 14:32:20
    Tully
    +1
    Sodahead is where I got the most perspective on Ron Paul! And I hope people not brainwashed by the MSM or Neocon Commentators will read some of things Dr. Paul wants to do and not pass them off as passe, just because Rush or MSNBC told them to.
  • sherdon2 Tully 2012/05/02 00:45:03
    sherdon2
    +1
    I have to agree and I have voted Dem for over 30 years. I am really leaning towards Him.
  • Waldorf 2012/05/01 13:25:20
    Waldorf
    +1
    I don't prefer an absolute answer one way or the other. I think there are exceptions. Like you, however, I prefer to leave glib comments and move on. It could be different, if more people knew how to properly and productively debate a question. Mostly though, Sodahead like the rest of the internet, is an exercise in rudeness, enabled by anonymity.
  • janet Waldorf 2012/05/01 20:43:56
    janet
    Well said : )
  • Pat 2012/05/01 12:13:20
    +1
    I've changed my mind a few times based on points made by other people on SH. Granted it isn't often but I like to think I'm pretty open minded and willing to at least consider another point of view. What I don't like are those rabid Sodaheads who not only rant but call people names, use words like idiot, dumb etc. I have little patience with that kind of talk. And there are some things that I don't know an awful about so I'm wide open for input from others with more knowledge on the subject. It all depends on the individual.
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/05/01 07:42:14
    Andy Fletcher
    Well, I started to write down a bunch of ways you could convince to vote for Obama, but whats the point. You have no desire to consider a different way. Only stubborn oafs are unwilling to listen to another point of view. If you choose to wallow in ignorance, that's fine. It doesn't say much for your character however, or your capacity for independent thought.

2014/11/23 21:30:05