Socialism: A GOP Plan Signed by Obama

FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/04/04 16:17:58
I love facts!
Facts are part of a Marxist, Fascist, Demonic, LiberalMedia Plot to destroy America with Muslim Socialism from Kenya!
This is indeed factual but, politically inconvenient for me to acknowledge on the record.
April 04, 2012 08:00 AM

Socialism: A GOP Plan Signed by Obama

3 commentsBy Tina Dupuy

Calling ObamaCare “socialized medicine” truly lowers the standards on what could be considered socialized medicine. It’s like calling paved roads “government overreach”; a stop light a “government takeover of your commute”; or a neighborhood with speed bumps “a road to communism.” The law is really some regulations to help consumers buy private insurance coupled with a small fee if consumers decide not to buy said insurance.

Is it perfect? No. Could it be improved? Absolutely. However, ObamaCare is the opposite of socialism, it’s a market solution.

The right-wing got a “free” market solution to health care. That was their cause – personal responsibility their mantra – now it’s law. They got an entire reform bill incentivising citizens to buy into private for-profit insurance plans. This is the Republican vision for America: Less government more profits for giant corporations. This core of the Affordable Care Act was an idea floated by President Nixon in 1974, touted by the Heritage Foundation in 1989, introduced by Newt Gingrich in 1993 and implemented by Mitt Romney in 2005. And now? Now it’s a big festering albatross around Obama’s neck.

As former presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said in front of the Supreme Court last week, "We have not waved the white flag of surrender on socialized medicine!”

So the decades-old Republican big idea finally gets Democratic presidential ink and now, if you ask a Republican, it’s an unconstitutional government takeover of health care Stalin would have loved. Mitt Romney wants to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with RomneyCare. Essentially repealing the Affordable Care Actwith the Affordable Care Act. Leave it to a Republican frontrunner to vow their first act as president will be to waste time with redundancies while lamenting how ineffective government can be.

Now health care reform has reached the Supreme Court, we will have a ruling on the law in late June. Will it be overturned fully or partially or upheld? It’s anyone’s guess.

Regardless of the outcome, personal responsibility in health care is a Republican pet idea they’ve strapped to the roof of the car.

It makes the case that their ideas should never be law because if partisanship beckons, they’ll rally against them and call any Democrats who signed the bill, Hitler.

Imagine if Obama signed the most recent Paul Ryan Budget plan – a blueprint to cut taxes further for the wealthy and further increase the debt by not taking in enough revenues. If Obama embraced it, Republicans would storm the Capitol calling it a tax hike and a Maoist plot with Wall Street. People in tri-corner hats with signs reading, “Don’t raise my taxes!” and “Stop government takeover of business!” would swarm The Mall. The erosion of Medicare would make Republicans faint on the House floor. “It’s a tenet of Marxism to kill grandma!” They’d gasp.

Just remember, when George W. Bush took office the budget was set to be balanced in a few short years. Social security was actually its namesake – secure. And then he went uber-GOP-with-a-mandate – didn’t pay for any of the wars he started – just showered seniors with unpaid-for Medicare Part D and sent everyone in the country a rebate check. And when this “free market capitalism” failed? He bailed out the banks and the auto industry with taxpayer money, famously saying he “abandoned free market principles to save the free market system.”

Now? Now the Republicans blame the deficit, the debt, the recession, the bailouts and (wait for it) the wars on the Democrat in the Oval Office.

It’s a take on the Pottery Barn rule, “You break it, you buy it.” The Republican version: “We break it, we blame you … and call you a Nazi.”

Read More: http://crooksandliars.com/tina-dupuy/socialism-gop...

• Avenged7 2012/04/09 22:50:51 (edited)
    I love facts!
    Avenged7
    +1
    I've always wondered how the right wing gets away with calling Obama care socialized medicine. There has been no elimination of private health insurance companies, and in fact the mandate could push 50 million people that don't have insurance now, into the arms of these insurance companies. So how is that socialized medicine??? Oh now I figured it out they know only morons could believe this propaganda crap, and that's who their minions are!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ProVega 2012/04/06 21:36:43
    I love facts!
    ProVega
    +1
    It's proper and respectful name is: The Affordable Care Act with the accent on AFFORDABLE. Don't let those politicians and corporations who stand to loose by it's passage tell you any different.
  • baii 2012/04/05 04:11:03
    baii
    i like the ideas of socialism but i think there should be a slight pay heighten to people who went to school for longer
  • MO.gal 2012/04/05 02:36:28
    I love facts!
    MO.gal
    +3
    A great blog, thanks for posting!
  • ehrhornp 2012/04/05 02:25:21
    I love facts!
    ehrhornp
    +2
    I have said for months that Obama care is nothing but warmed over Nixon care. Nixon offered his program as an answer to "socialized medicine". So the people who call Obama a socialist or a pinko commie are just showing their ignorance of history and of their own party. These people need help.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/05 01:38:19 (edited)
    I love facts!
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    And the fact is Obama is a Marxist!

• FeelHoo... WhereIs... 2012/04/05 03:17:38
  • Keeping... WhereIs... 2012/04/05 05:47:00
    Keeping It Real
    +2
    Someone needs to revoke your woman card! get a clue in glitter
  • WhereIs... Keeping... 2012/04/11 23:23:27 (edited)
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    You are the one who needs help.

Mean? Why because I don't want to support the lazy azzes of those who can work but won't? Two words...screw you...and one more...Socialist!

NObama 2012!

stupid
  • Keeping... WhereIs... 2012/04/12 01:41:22
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/04/05 00:22:03
    I love facts!
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +4
    You got the love my friend ,great post!
  • lee 2012/04/04 21:42:49
    Facts are part of a Marxist, Fascist, Demonic, LiberalMedia Plot to destroy A...
    lee
    +1
    right, right?

who's with me....

oh, crap
  • TheMadChameleon 2012/04/04 21:03:09
    I love facts!
    TheMadChameleon
    +4
    Nice post! Very well written.
  • Farnsworth 2012/04/04 20:06:04
    Farnsworth
    +5
    the article belongs in the bottom of a porta potty.

Obama care is unconstitutional for one thing, the rest of it being a free market solution is a pant load. it will lead to a single payer system, single payer is not free market because there is no competition.

Libs preach "choice" as long as it's choice they agree with.
    If the country wants to do this, then let the people decide by letting them choose between government care or insurance coverage from an company.

Choice is good right?
    If Obamacare is great, then people will willing choose it right?
  • Keeping... Farnsworth 2012/04/04 20:27:27
    Keeping It Real
    +5
    I betcha wish everyday If only you had a brain
  • Farnsworth Keeping... 2012/04/04 22:30:51
    Farnsworth
    +1
    Something your mom bought you??
  • Keeping... Farnsworth 2012/04/04 23:03:50
    Keeping It Real
    +3
    Bought or not at least I have one! laughing cartoon in glitter
  • Fred 2012/04/04 19:53:30 (edited)
    Fred
    +3
    There is nothing factual above this dribble . Obama care is the worse piece of crap pushed out of congress ever .
  • Lefty Fred 2012/04/04 20:00:19
    Lefty
    +6
    You may be the worst piece of crap pushed out of................
  • Fred Lefty 2012/04/04 20:25:45
    Fred
    +4
    did I hit a nerve lefty
  • Lefty Fred 2012/04/04 20:35:40
    Lefty
    +6
    Couldn't resist the opening. lol
  • Keeping... Fred 2012/04/04 20:25:24
    Keeping It Real
    +4
    Did you say your mother regrets they didn't have birth control pills back in the day?
  • Fred Keeping... 2012/04/04 20:42:39
    Fred
    What my fine Lutheran mother ... she loved me . Thank you for your input
  • Keeping... Fred 2012/04/04 20:49:03 (edited)
    Keeping It Real
    +4
    Well even if that was the case you're not showing much love for her because I'm sure she wouldn't approve of your right wing rhetoric!

MAY YOUR MOTHER
     rest in peace in glitter
  • Fred Keeping... 2012/04/04 20:54:16
    Fred
    +2
    Nope she raised me a fine conservative back in the day when Texas was a big democrate state. But back then Democrates were not stinking liberals. They actually had people like Barbara Jordon and JFK . Now the just have left wing nuts like you
  • Keeping... Fred 2012/04/04 21:53:10 (edited)
    Keeping It Real
    +3
    No mother intentionally raises liars and RWNJ!laughing cartoon in glitter
  • marcuss... Keeping... 2012/04/05 12:47:21 (edited)
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    Why would you attack someones mother you sickening bastard. Thats why you LWNJs are seen as animals.
  • Keeping... marcuss... 2012/04/05 13:17:25
    Keeping It Real
    +2
    Actually I'm not attacking anyones mother but I'm making a point about your kind rhetoric. When I added Rest In Peace it was sincere because the RWN spoke of his mother in a past tense manner.

If you wasn't so full of hate yourself maybe you would have gotten my point you RWNJ! The audacity of your kind to complain about anyones rhetoric when all you tout is hate about the left! cry me a river in glitter
  • marcuss... Keeping... 2012/04/05 13:20:30
  • Fred Keeping... 2012/04/09 14:01:16
    Fred
    But they do have classes for liberal hate mongers such as yourself
  • Philo-Publius 2012/04/04 19:46:04
    I love facts!
    Philo-Publius
    +7
    Fantastic article, FeelHood.

I've been critical of the individual mandate for the very reasons mentioned here, in that it's the conservative approach and because I think single-payer is the way for America to go. I also worry about the danger of merging private corporations (health insurers) so directly to government, because a) that's technically the definition of fascism, and 2) I understand 31 cents of every dollar spent on health care costs in the US right now goes to the for-profit industry: profits, stock options, executive salaries, advertising and other necessary costs of doing business. In raw numbers, that's almost 1/3 more people who could receive care without any additional cost being incurred if we simply eliminated the for-profit system altogether. Such a situation led Congressman Dennis Kucinich to remark that, "We're already paying for universal health care in this country, we're just not getting it.

All this said, I see why President Obama finally accepted this approach, and I think in hindsight he was very politically savvy to try and use such a solution to achieve what we all agree are solid, meaningful progressive planks of reform which will help millions of people who are currently struggling with health care costs, and millions more who presently hav...
    Fantastic article, FeelHood.

All this said, I see why President Obama finally accepted this approach, and I think in hindsight he was very politically savvy to try and use such a solution to achieve what we all agree are solid, meaningful progressive planks of reform which will help millions of people who are currently struggling with health care costs, and millions more who presently have no health care at all. The PPACA may also be a huge step in the direction of the type of single-payer system folks like me want (although, again, this mandate irks me) - time will tell. I just cannot believe that conservatives turned and cried socialism on Obama when it was their own people who invented, peddled, supported and implemented this very model, for more than two decades. They are the ones who were for it before they were against it.
  • Wayne 2012/04/04 19:29:34
    Wayne
    +5
    There are no facts in this post period, but rather the inept acceptance of a totally wrong approach to fix healthcare, a bill that was brewed up by democrats only (they barred republicans from involvement and then rejected any reasonable amendments) then refused time to read this piece of tripe they created and passed it strictly on the democrat controlled senate period! Any one that buys this nonsense is a fool! If you think healthcare is expensive now wait until it is free.
  • Keeping... Wayne 2012/04/04 23:36:15 (edited)
    Keeping It Real
    +2
    It's obvious that you're a Faux No News viewer based on your response. It's evident that you don't know about the survey that was done as it relates to how informed the viewers were on many issues, per each major network.

Your favorite and probably main source of information Faux No News viewers were the least informed. So I may give you a pass because you don't even know you don't know and I'm advising you to get a clue in glitter
  • Wayne Keeping... 2012/04/04 23:42:53
    Wayne
    LOL! Is insulting me the best you have? Why don't you read the 2600 page bill and get back to me. BTW I have read most of it and it is just wrong period. Ambiguous piece of tripe that is so poorly written virtually any meaning can be applied.
  • Keeping... Wayne 2012/04/05 00:04:30 (edited)
    Keeping It Real
    +2
    Like I said, you don't even know you don't know based on this response. I stated I was going to give you a pass and you're still complaining. The term "when the student is ready the teacher will appear" applies to you. One day hopefully soon the light bulb will come on for you but in the mean while do the basic and at least try to learn about the issues.response pass complaining term student ready teacher applies light bulb
  • Wayne Keeping... 2012/04/05 00:10:12
    Wayne
    Ok teacher show me your credentials that give you that self proclaimed position. Tell me what you have done to improve society, tell me of your obvious life successes oh wise one.
  • Keeping... Wayne 2012/04/05 00:13:39
    Keeping It Real
    +2
    I vote for one of the best if not the best president to ever occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Our president not only saved the automotive industry to say the least but also the economy from falling off a cliff. obama 2012 in glitter
  • Wayne Keeping... 2012/04/05 15:42:23
    Wayne
    So suffice it to say you have done nothing to warrant your self proclaimed teacher status, but I knew that from the start.
  • Keeping... Wayne 2012/04/05 16:04:40
  • Cyan9 2012/04/04 19:16:12
    I love facts!
    Cyan9
    +4
    Chuck Grassley Republican Senator of Iowa was one of the main advocates for the individual mandate. This country doesn't know what liberal or socialist is because all we have is a center-right wing party and a far right wing party. Try going to anywhere else in the world like where British conservatives uneqivocialy support universal health care and are to the left of American Democrats.

2014/08/30 02:35:55