Social issues: culture war, or spiritual wickedness in high places?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/09/01 18:09:17
Great idea!
What is this, a hunger strike?
Mike Bresciani of American Prophet sent in this pithy observation about the Todd Akin affair, all the anti-moral things that so many politicians have done (as in passing laws as well as breaking them), and the complicity of the media.

His suggestion: 40 days and 40 nights of prayer and fasting.

Conclusion:

It is naiveté of the highest order to think that the economy and growth
are the only serious issues of the day or of this important 2012
campaign. Hundreds of Bible passages and all the best wisdom of our
founding fathers and today’s best statesmen declare that moral issues
alone can break the back of a nation. The fight is not just a ‘hot
button issue’ or an ‘extreme’ political position. It is a battle on a
higher scale and it is the head of the important matters of state not
the tail.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/09/01...

• Red Branch 2012/09/01 19:59:38
    Great idea!
    Red Branch
    +11
    All Three.

We are seeing the Transvalutation of Values or when all that is good and decent is condemned and all that is wrong is elevated and emulated. The purpose of which is to destroy Western Civilization, the US, Christianity, and capitalism.

• Butch 2012/09/04 15:21:51
  • William 2012/09/03 18:54:16
    Great idea!
    William
    +1
    He's right, but more needs to be done. Prayer is where we start. ... And as Michael Jackson said, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror." He needs prayer for obedience.

"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." ~ 2 Ch 7:14

Such a revival in the lives of just American Christians could result in world peace, quench corruption and see the conversion of millions of people. Now if we joined with the world, we could see the end of oppression and religious persecution of all religions.
  • Dan 2012/09/03 00:07:18
    Dan
    +2
    Todd Akin's remarks were stupid, not immoral. As far as morality in government goes, I don't care what type of system you support, without a solid moral foundation it will fail.
  • IndyLinda 2012/09/03 00:00:01
    Great idea!
    IndyLinda
    +2
    Secular humanism and moral relativism have opened the Gates of Hell.
  • dekecds 2012/09/02 04:21:07
    dekecds
    +1
    Shouldn't matter to a Christian. Nothing tells us to preserve our government, but plenty tells us to abide by both spiritual and secular rules to the best of our abilities. Read the entirety of Matthew and you can see it. That is not to say that we shouldn't support the leaders of our country that champion spiritual values, but hate and discourse doesn't glorify God, especially in His name.
  • nbarton2 2012/09/02 03:27:19
    nbarton2
    +2
    “When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.”
    Neither...social issues are a direct attempt to appeal to the emotional rather than rational side of the voter. Politicians know and understand these issues divide the American people. Politicians also know it is much easier to govern and steal from people who are so busy fighting each other they have no time to pay attention to how the politicians are actually spending their money.
  • foxhound BN0 2012/09/02 01:57:24
    Great idea!
    foxhound BN0
    +2
    The gays are ruining America!
  • joan.sl... foxhoun... 2012/09/02 03:27:24
    joan.sloane
    +2
    Can you be specific?
  • foxhoun... joan.sl... 2012/09/02 11:15:05
    foxhound BN0
    +2
    God is punishing America because men are doing it with each other!
  • joan.sl... foxhoun... 2012/09/02 17:50:04
    joan.sloane
    +2
    Expect a call from Mensa. I am sure they will want you to join.
  • foxhoun... joan.sl... 2012/09/03 04:51:21
    foxhound BN0
    +2
    Okay I'll sit by the phone!
  • Temlako... foxhoun... 2012/09/03 18:12:14
    +1
    I *am* a member of Mensa. And I agree with you.
  • jeane 2012/09/02 01:49:11
    Great idea!
    jeane
    +4
    No God - No Peace/Prosperity
    Know God - Know Peace/Prosperity
  • foxhoun... jeane 2012/09/03 04:52:00
    foxhound BN0
    +1
    Know god - know stupid.
    No god - no stupid.
  • jeane foxhoun... 2012/09/03 13:53:13
    jeane
    Yes we see the results today of your no God. America is sinking very quickly.
  • foxhoun... jeane 2012/09/03 14:01:50
    foxhound BN0
    LOL America is fine and medicine and science in general have been what got us here to where we are today, not prayers.
  • jeane foxhoun... 2012/09/03 14:20:51
    jeane
    American is ebbing away under socialism and stupidity.
  • redhorse29 2012/09/02 00:14:14
    redhorse29
    Santa will be here in a few months no matter who wins. The voters, politicians and legal system abandoned this nation's history and roots. We have government and political leaders empowered to reign over us with every intend of impoverishing the electorate until they accept government dependance. Who knows, maybe Waldon's Pond's social and financial system will work?
  • Theresa 2012/09/02 00:04:52
    Great idea!
    Theresa
    +5
    Unfortunately it is all. Spiritual corruption begets Political corruption then Cultural Rot sets in!
  • Red_Horse 2012/09/01 23:43:36
  • joan.sl... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 03:56:01
    joan.sloane
    +1
    Take a look the middle east as an example of religion as law.
  • Red_Horse joan.sl... 2012/09/02 03:57:10
  • Matt 2012/09/01 23:29:23
    Matt
    +3
    All presidents and congressmen are college graduates and all are schooled in economics. For the last 50 years, none of them have served this country. If the chart below was not corrected for inflation, which both parties caused, Bush would be in the stratosphere and Obama would be on the moon. This is not a result of stupidity. It is a result of treasonous, bipartisan theft and malfeasance. I don't think that prayer will fix this.

debt by president
  • Todd The Libertarian 2012/09/01 21:30:54
    Todd The Libertarian
    To me it is baby boomers retired with nothing to do.So they decide with boomer poloticians to put the country on the brink.With their culture wars.Both sides!
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/09/01 21:28:32
    Great idea!
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +6
    I just read this in the Bible today>>
    Psalm 49:5-13
    5 Why should I fear when evil days come, when wicked deceivers surround me--

6 those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?

7 No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him--
    8 the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough--
    9 that he should live on forever and not see decay.
    10 For all can see that wise men die; the foolish and the senseless alike perish and leave their wealth to others.
    11 Their tombs will remain their houses forever, their dwellings for endless generations, though they had named lands after themselves.
    12 But man, despite his riches, does not endure; he is like the beasts that perish.
    13 This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings. "Selah"
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 02:44:26
  • Nam Era... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 03:06:03
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +3
    Drill instructor tried to get us to believe that in boot camp. But when the bullets start flying suddenly a lot of folks were crying out to God.
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 03:09:04 (edited)
  • Nam Era... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 03:19:37
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +2
    I am also a Christian. But I pray constantly. It helps more than I could put into words. I also pray for myself to be compassionate towards others because I found out that I am not on this earth to please me. I am here to please God. And I am also not on this earth just to help only myself but to help those who God uses me to help. God uses us to be God's hands and feet on earth to help others.

I am not Catholic. But I have always like this story.

GOD HAS NO HANDS BUT OURS
    http://www.horizonsmagazine.c...
    The popular story says that following World War II some German students volunteered to help rebuild a cathedral in England, one that had been badly damaged by the Luftwaffe bombings. As the work progressed, they weren't sure how to best restore a large statue of Jesus with has arms outstretched and bearing the familiar inscription, "Come unto Me."

They were able to repair all the damage to the statue except for Christ's hands which had been completely destroyed. Should they even attempt to rebuild these?

Finally, the workers reached a decision that still stands today. They decided to leave the hands off and changed the inscription to read: "Christ has no hands but ours."

The phrase "Christ has no hands but ours" is a reference to this prayer by St. Teresa of Avila. Let it be our p...

GOD HAS NO HANDS BUT OURS
    http://www.horizonsmagazine.c...

The phrase "Christ has no hands but ours" is a reference to this prayer by St. Teresa of Avila. Let it be our prayer:
    Lord Christ,

You have no body on earth but ours,
    No hands but ours,
    No feet but ours.

Ours are the eyes through which your compassion
    Must look out on the world.

Ours are the feet by which you may still
    Go about doing good.

Ours are the hands with which
    You bless people now.

Bless our minds and bodies,
    That we may be a blessing to others.

AMEN
    This story originated at Christ the King Catholic Church in San Diego, CA. At that time, the story was told on their website as well, but that site has since been closed.

The statue did exist outside the church, but the hands were broken off by vandals around 1980, not by bombing.

Instead of repairing the hands, the church decided to put up a plaque at the base that states, "I have no hands but yours."

This is a reference to the poem by St. Teresa of Avila.

The statue is still there, without hands.
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 03:32:54
  • Nam Era... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 03:44:18 (edited)
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    Yeah because basically, I took it to mean compassion toward our fellow humans really pleases God. When I was very sick, out of work and dying. I had no means of supporting myself or my wife. And she was busy tending to me and could not work. We lived in a beat up camper that leaked and were basically homeless.
    I had way too many so called "Christians" who told me to get a job and pick myself up by my own boot straps. When I was too sick to work and too poor to afford even boot straps to pick myself up by.
    Instead of criticizing me those folks could have had enough Jesus in them to help us.
    No one helped us. I prayed and finally God did send some money miraculously and healed me miraculously.

But truthfully, God does not want us to just get God to do everything.
    God tests each and everyone of us daily for the help we give others and the compassion that we have in our hearts.
    There are many people in churches today who will be facing this parable said by Jesus.

Matthew 25:31-46

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his ...

Matthew 25:31-46

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 03:51:27
  • Nam Era... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 03:55:55
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    Yep. Compassion is just a test of our faith, not taking anything away from God.
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 04:01:48 (edited)
  • Nam Era... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 04:11:38
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    I'm not Catholic either. I was told by one that they don't worship the images. They just ask the saint to intercede for them. And pray for them. I personally have Jesus as my intercessor. But maybe you should ask someone who is Catholic like sister Jean. She is a pretty compassionate person.

But the point I hope I made is that compassion toward our fellow humans and in some cases toward the animals we own is important to God to see if we have God's heart of compassion in us.
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 04:18:19
  • Nam Era... Red_Horse 2012/09/02 04:23:42
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    Well I like ya. LOL Take Care
    Have a great labor day.
    :)
  • Red_Horse Nam Era... 2012/09/02 04:34:11
  • Donnie 2012/09/01 21:25:40
    What is this, a hunger strike?
    Donnie
    unless someone is directly harming another person the government has no right to be involved, and scene moral issues are a person thing the government has absolutely no right to be involved.

2014/04/25 08:13:45