SO HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THE EMMY AUDIENCE WERE WILLING TO ADMIT THEY’RE VOTING FOR ROMNEY?

JoeBtfsplk 2012/09/24 08:25:04
Hollywood is notoriously left-leaning in its political views, but a surprising number of people at the 2012 Emmy Awards Sunday gave a loud cheer when host Jimmy Kimmel asked who would be voting for the Republican nominee.

Relating the presidential race to the hit show “Downton Abbey,” a period drama about an aristocratic family in the early 20th century, Kimmel remarked:

I will admit that Downton Abbey is an amazing show– there is so much meticulous attention to detail. It’s not the kind of show I typically watch, but it really gives you a sense of what it must have been like to grow up in Mitt Romney’s house.
Kimmel then asked the crowd: “Are any of you voting for Mitt Romney?”

Watch the surprising reaction, below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/so-how-many-people-in-the-emm...

After an unexpectedly loud cheer, Jimmy Kimmel continued: “Alright there’s 40 Republicans, and the rest [are] godless, liberal homosexuals.”

It’s very possible the comedian prepared his remarks in advance, and expected a much more meager response.

Back in May, comedian Jon Lovitz theorized that Hollywood Democrats can only handle so much class warfare and vilification of “millionaires and billionaires” before they abandon the party. In his estimation, which he graphed out in the “Lovitz Curve,” rhetoric that falls somewhere in between that of Ronald Reagan and Vladimir Lenin generates the most revenue and support from Hollywood. As the rhetoric swings increasingly to one side, support diminishes.

• Tee Quake 2012/09/24 08:33:53
    the tide is turning...
    Tee Quake
    +7
    You know, the tide could be turning or perhaps Romney was always ahead. That's how biased and bad the MSM has become. However, I'm less surprised by the actors' collective response than you. After all, Clint Eastwood, one of Hollywood's elite icons, came out heavy in favor for Romney and his opinion carries a lot of juice. I hope Romney wins but am under no delusion that that will somehow fix everything. It's just a first step. Ultimately, if the country recovers, it will be because of the people doing a lot of heavy lifting that many are not used to.

• BigEyedFish 2012/09/24 20:12:02
    the tide is turning...
    BigEyedFish
    +1
    After Dennis Miller was on Leno and Jay saw the audience cheering his "I don't give a damn about the clueless" comment instead of booing him, I think I heard Jay give an opening joke that was a slight slam against Obama a week or so later!
  • TuringsChild 2012/09/24 19:23:27
    the tide is turning...
    TuringsChild
    +1
    Maybe the tide IS turning. That's the second time a scripted response went wrong for them. One more could mean a trend.....
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/09/24 14:24:39
    the tide is turning...
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    There are a lot...
  • Mark 2012/09/24 13:40:34
    the tide is turning...
    Mark
    +1
    In mythology the same thing happened to King Canute
  • Sissum71*AFCL* 2012/09/24 12:22:32
    the tide is turning...
    Sissum71*AFCL*
    +2
    They're all wealthy. Guess they're rethinking that whole redistribution of wealth thing! lol
  • BigEyed... Sissum7... 2012/09/24 20:14:11
    BigEyedFish
    +1
    My thoughts exactly! They're already struggling to where they're on toilet paper commercials! They don't want what they have left to be redistributed! :)
  • Sissum7... BigEyed... 2012/09/24 21:18:18
    Sissum71*AFCL*
    +1
    Yep, when you think about it nobody knows who you vote for until you tell them. They are actors so how hard would that be?? lol...
  • BigEyed... Sissum7... 2012/09/25 14:42:10
    BigEyedFish
    +1
    very true
    the tide is turning...
    +1
    Well that was fun - I expect he was thinking there would be no response. Nice to hear that there are some who are not afraid to speak out
  • mwg0735 2012/09/24 08:56:33
  • Dave0626 2012/09/24 08:44:27
    the tide is turning...
    Dave0626
    +3
    Just proves what I've said for years. The Liberal Left in Hollywood is really a minority there. Many actors lie to make friends with some movie makers, and secure future work.
    Poor Jimmy Kimmel just wasn't aware of the truth, lol.
  • JoeBtfsplk Dave0626 2012/09/24 08:46:23
    JoeBtfsplk
    +1
    I still believe they're the majority - but I would be surprised if you are correct.
  • Dave0626 JoeBtfsplk 2012/09/24 08:51:40
    Dave0626
    +3
    Well that just proves ...they're pretty good actors...hahaha!
  • Tee Quake 2012/09/24 08:33:53
    the tide is turning...
    Tee Quake
    +7
  • JoeBtfsplk Tee Quake 2012/09/24 08:39:18
    JoeBtfsplk
    +2
    I would hesitantly admit that I was somewhat surprised. The surprise would be of greater importance if this story sees the light of day apart from theblaze.com!!!

2014/09/30 15:49:34