So for all those folks who were oh so sure they knew the whole story on the tragic shooting in Florida, here's more proof that you need to let the legal system do it's work and stop trying this case in the media.

TruBluTopaz 2012/04/01 20:47:45

ABC News boldly proclaimed police surveillance video of George Zimmerman being taken into the Sanford police station the night Trayvon Martin was killed showed no blood or bruises from an alleged physical encounter Zimmerman claimed to have had with 17 year-old Trayvon Martin.

A new High Definition clip from the same video appears to make clear that Zimmerman had a gash, or wound of some kind on the back of his head.

That would be totally consistent with his version of events on the night in question and opposite the impression ABC News gave its viewers.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/new-high-def-video-vindicates-zi...

Read More: http://times247.com/articles/new-high-def-video-vi...

+1
    All of us need to be careful about proclaiming the guilt or innocence of George Zimmeman until all the investigations and subsequent legal raglings are complete. I am trying to keep an opened mind either way. Let law enforcement do its job and then make your decision. Both Trayvon and George need to be respected and I am not going to be dragged into the lying media's emotional roller coaster!
  • TruBluT... Andrew 2012/04/02 01:16:37
    TruBluTopaz
    +2
    I am not promising anything to one side or another. But, it was obvious that this was set up to be another sterling moment for Jackson and Sharpton, possibly running a side show distraction to provide political cover. Yeah, it's cynical to think anyone would use a young man's death to do that, but these folks in charge believe the ends justify the means in every single issue. The bottom line is that nobody knows right now what's going on. Yet we have media persons trying and convicting this guy. The saddest thing is that in the black community there are serious problems with crime. It seems like every week brings a new atrocity-little girls killed in their bedrooms, babies shot through a window. Now that's a cause for national outrage. This situation was something that should have been investigated and tried in court. That option is out now thanks to tainting the jury pool. This is just a big old mess and for what reason-not to support Trayvon-but instead to promote the financial causes of a bevy of folks who make money off of this kind of activity.
  • Andrew TruBluT... 2012/04/02 07:20:50
    +1
    Couldn't have said it better! You never hear of Jackson or Sharpton going to an African American community to plead for an end to the violence. If they did, I would be inclined to listen to them. As it is, I think they are race pimps!
  • sockpuppet 2012/04/01 21:19:34
    sockpuppet
    +1
    Tempest in a teapot. They need to get out and riot, protest and mourn the deaths of black children killed by other black children. THEN I'll believe they're not just hatin' on whitey.
  • Max 2012/04/01 21:16:33
    Max
    +2
    Zimmerman's version of what happened is also backed by the police report. This video on top of that makes it clear that he had an injury like you noted. Then there is the fact that NBC edited and presented a biased version of the 911 call. It seems there are people that won't be happy until they see blood gushing or this guy convicted of murder.

Here's a link to the police report. It's not easy to read but I was able to read that the police on site noted blood from the nose and head and that Zimmerman received first-aid before going to the police station.

http://www.propublica.org/doc...
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2012/04/01 20:59:42
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +3
    MSNBC admitted Zimmerman had head injury/

http://patdollard.com/2012/03...
  • Jo 2012/04/01 20:59:39
    Jo
    +2
    an excellent point. something else, too: zimmerman wouldnt have called 911 for assistance if he'd planned on killing this guy. what, he's going to risk the police pulling up while he's in the middle of the act? No way. I think we'll probably never know what exactly happened, and as sad and tragic as this is, I dont believe for a second that zimmerman acted without at least some kind of threat from martin---people just dont walk up to strangers on the street and fire; even homicidal maniacs dont act unless there is some perceived threat or provocation. Now, he may very well have been mistaken in what he construed as a threat, but thats not the point. Actually, I think they both probably misinterpreted the other.
  • JanHopkins 2012/04/01 20:59:20
    JanHopkins
    +4
    There has been so much rigging and lying in the press I don't know who to believe.
  • Jo JanHopkins 2012/04/01 21:00:36
    Jo
    +5
    the media always lies--you've got to be very careful what to believe from them.
  • TruBluT... Jo 2012/04/02 01:20:21
    TruBluTopaz
    +2
    I was a J school major in college. I changed majors after having a screaming fight with my advisor over issues like this. His contention in 1976 was that the media can use loaded words or leave out information if it helps to make their case. I said, and I still believe this, that leaving out information or deliberate enhancing information for dramatic effect was opinion, not fact. The outcome was that I became an art major. But having worked in the newspaper in Dallas, I can tell you that where there used to be an entire staff of writers with multiple sources to write a story or series, now they have glorified copy boys who simply copy and paste from AP or McLatchkey. There are fewer eyes on every situation and we have no verification that what they are telling us is not simply dictated to them by the White House.
  • Jo TruBluT... 2012/04/02 04:14:34
    Jo
    makes perfect sense to me, and fits right in with what I know about the media--i used to work for a criminal defense atty and would often talk with the newspaper about specific cases; it was unbelievable the way they twisted things around, left out significant information, and cared nothing about whether or not anything had been verified to be accurate. It was despicable. people dont realize how hard it is to recover from libel and slander!

2014/10/31 09:06:53