SNOPES NO MORE

Autarchic 2012/02/13 16:35:54

SNOPES NO MORE
Many of the emails that I have sent or forwarded that had any
Anti-Obama in it were negated by Snopes. I thought that was odd.
Until I discovered this:

Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Courts Justice Kagan
Maybe it would be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff

that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes.

We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known
It to be financed by Soros!
Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros;
A big time supporter of Obama!
In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions.

I went to Snopes to check something about the dockets of the new
Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan who Obama appointed and Snopes
Said the email was false and there were no such dockets so I Googled
The Supreme Court, typed in Obama-Kagan, and guess what?
Yep you got it; Snopes Lied!

Every one of those dockets are there.
So Here is what I wrote to Snopes:
Referencing the article about Elena Kagan and Barrack Obama dockets:
The information you have posted stating that there were no such cases
As claimed and the examples you gave are blatantly false.
I went directly to the Supreme Courts website, typed in Obama Kagan
And immediately came up with all of the dockets that the article made reference to.
I have long suspected that you really slant things but this was really shocking.
Thank You, I hope you will be much more truthful in the future, but I doubt it.

Ill bet you didn't know this.
Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship!
Now she may help rule on them!
Folks, this is really ugly.
Chicago Politics; and the beat goes on and on and on.
Once again the US Senate sold us out!

Now we know why Obama nominated Elana Kagan for the Supreme Court.
Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket and search for Obama.
She was the Solicitor General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme
Court to show proof of natural born citizenship.
He owed her big time.
All of the requests were denied of course.
They were never heard.
It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it?
The American people mean nothing any longer.
It's all about payback time for those who compromised themselves to elect
Someone who really has no true right to even be there.
Here are some websites of the Supreme Court Docket:
You can look up some of these hearings and guess what?
Elana Kagan is the attorney representing Obama!
Check out these examples:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles...

If you hold sacred the freedoms granted to you by the
U.S. Constitution; by all means, PASS this ON!
here truly is tyranny afoot.

Question Closed

• James - PWCM - JLA 2012/02/14 22:39:31
    James - PWCM - JLA
    +2
    Did you think different. Some are shopped but most aren't.
  • Yo'Adri... James -... 2012/07/19 17:33:13
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Not that we thought different...but you always HOPE....that things will change....FAT CHANCE with the BUMMER.
  • Aeronut 2012/02/14 11:05:30
    Aeronut
    +3
    Darn, I thought this post was going to tell me that Snopes shriveled up and went away.
  • Yo'Adri... Aeronut 2012/07/19 17:33:46
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    That's what I was hoping for !
    +2
    How sad. A couple who had a giggle going for thrm, but Marxists destroy free enterprise This is ehat hapened to this couple...... They will never be able to make another comr=ebackm and if the discover they were lied to by the Obamas sbout the Biirth Certificate,,,,, iuf there is one might ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Welshtaff 2012/02/14 01:19:10
    Welshtaff
    +2
    I have never trusted Snopes.
  • S* Welshtaff 2012/02/14 06:51:26
    S*
    +3
    fitting avatar.
  • Yo'Adri... Welshtaff 2012/07/19 17:34:30
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Ditto! (or FACEBOOK)....or GOOGLE!
  • mich52 2012/02/14 00:45:51
  • S* 2012/02/14 00:10:32
    S*
    +3
    Ignorance is its own reward.
  • S* 2012/02/13 23:43:34 (edited)
    S*
    +3
    The earlier of the two messages above is a viral version of an article that appeared August 4, 2010 on the political news and opinion website WorldNetDaily.com. As you can see by viewing the "Editor's Note" that replaced the article days later, the website admits the court cases in question were incorrectly described as pertaining to Obama's Constitutional eligibility.

"Those cases, in fact, were a series of unrelated disputes pending before the Supreme Court," the disclaimer states, "and the references have been removed from this report."

Indeed, the references had to be removed because the fact-checking site Snopes.com delved into the details of the specific filings cited above and discovered that not one of them had anything to do with Obama's status as a natural-born U.S. citizen. In fact, the majority of the filings not only predated Obama's presidency but named George W. Bush as the original defendant. The dockets list Elena Kagan as Obama's attorney of record because it was her job as U.S. Solicitor General to represent the Executive Branch.

None of which, sad to say, stopped the grammatically-challenged author of a subsequent message (example #2 above) from repeating the disproven claims and bluntly stating "Snopes lied," when in fact the contrary is true: Snopes got it exactly right, yet again.
  • S* S* 2012/02/13 23:58:26
    S*
    +2
    http://www.truthorfiction.com...

The Truth:
    In October, 2008, stories began circulating via forwarded emails that the popular urban legends site Snopes.com was owned by liberals and was "in the tank" for presidential candidate Barack Obama.

As with many forwarded emails, the criticism did not include any example of what the writer of the email claimed was the difference between what Snopes.com reported and what Barack Obama had actually said.

Snopes.com is an excellent site that has become an authoritative source for information about urban legends and forwarded emails. We regard David and Barbara Mikkelson, the founders and operators of Snopes.com, as colleagues and professional researchers who have earned a good reputation for what they do.
  • garyd 2012/02/13 23:41:39
    garyd
    +1
    Paige. Congratulations for being "on top!" (pun also intended) :)
  • garyd 2012/02/13 23:39:42
    garyd
    +1
    This is why I use www.truthorfiction.com. Any other reliable ones out there?
  • S* garyd 2012/02/13 23:57:48
    S*
    +3
    Direct from truthorfiction.com This is all a lie. Good Work Garyd.

"The Truth:

Snopes.com is an excellent site that has become an authoritative source for information about urban legends and forwarded emails. We regard David and Barbara Mikkelson, the founders and operators of Snopes.com, as colleagues and professional researchers who have earned a good reputation for what they do. "

http://www.truthorfiction.com...
  • Grandbrother 2012/02/13 23:30:08
    Grandbrother
    +2
    You said: "Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship!"

And then you provided links to dockets supposedly proving your claim - yet they do not. None of them are cases about his citizenship, and two of the three actually predate Obama's Presidency. He simply inhereted them when he took office.

You should stop believing these insane chain emails...
  • Thom Payne 2012/02/13 23:03:25
    Thom Payne
    +3
    LMAO....this conspiracy theory is not conservative, it is radical.
  • lee 2012/02/13 21:47:10
    lee
    +7
    ok, throw out another perfectly good source of information..

you guys want to build a wall around yourself so you only have to see and hear what you want... fine by me.

but come to me with your half baked disillusions and expect me to be "kind" to you or take you seriously.

you will get the FULL reality treatment... with NO happy ending.
  • Markie lee 2012/02/13 22:57:52
    Markie
    +4
    Nice and on point
  • DizziNY lee 2012/02/14 21:42:48
    DizziNY
    +1
    The snopes guys were progressive liberals as far as I know.
  • lee DizziNY 2012/02/14 23:04:00 (edited)
    lee
    +1
    since we are more into truth and facts than right wingers, I would not be surprised if that were true...like the MythBusters guys.

but I fail to see how that disqualifies Snopes as a resource. they document their findings quite well enough for anyone to follow...

assuming they WANT to know.
  • Mark P. 2012/02/13 21:15:09
    Mark P.
    +2
    Not a surprise. SHe should be impeached. We all know she is a liar.
  • chgo 2012/02/13 20:47:45
    chgo
    +7
    the only reason Snopes.com is more often accused of bias by conservatives than by liberals is that facts have a notoriously liberal bias. Barbara Mikkelson is one one of the owners of Snopes, and she's a Canadian citizen, and as such isn’t allowed to vote here or even contribute money to U.S. candidates. David Mikkelson voter registration form. shows he declined to state a party affiliation when he registered last year, and also that when he registered in 2000 he did so as a Republican.you’d be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David s

Did you even both to check online to see if the Snopes owner had given money to any federal candidates? I did, and nothing turned up.

And you clearly don't know what "attorneys for respondents" mean.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/02/13 20:32:58
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    Every time I wanted to check on anything negative on the current administration, it always came back "unknown." That threw up a red flag so I tested it and found consistently it backed up the liberals. A few years back, I didn't know who Glenn Beck was and wanted some information on him. Guess what the first site was when I typed in his name. Media Matters. I didn't know who they were either but I'm a quick learner. The real Beck site didn't come up for quite a while. It seemed the top ten sites were hit pieces
    on Beck. Today it was broadcast that 0's top advisor is in contact routinely with the media to control the news agenda as much as possible. They control what gets out and how to spin the stories. This is not news to me, it's been happening for a long time.
  • Studied 2012/02/13 20:25:22
    Studied
    +1
    Snopes and Factcheck both have the same problem............very biased and never use them for verifying information.
  • S* Studied 2012/02/15 00:16:53
    S*
    +1
    not a problem, go right to the source, FOX. LOL.
  • Studied S* 2012/02/17 18:42:27
    Studied
    Don't go to them either and seldom use any news media for fact checking. Always try to get the info on the appropriate site.
  • reaper 2012/02/13 19:12:56
    reaper
    +4
    i see, another bogus chain email thats been floating around for a while written by some idiot. this is no different from the chain letter about obama making fonda woman of the century that was proven a COMPETE LIE.
  • Autarchic reaper 2012/02/13 19:28:36
    Autarchic
    Why should anyone believe anyone that is afraid to show their face. I wouldn't believe anything you have to say!
  • reaper Autarchic 2012/02/13 19:36:17
    reaper
    +3
    oh right, because in order to be completely honest everyone has to see what you look like.

google this line
    "Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Courts Justice Kagan
    Maybe it would be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff"

i'll see this same message or something a lot like it has been posted around the internet for a while.
  • Autarchic reaper 2012/02/13 20:15:00
    Autarchic
    +1
    Well thanks for the compliment, but:
    We have always been on the right, could not get any further to the right as we support:
    1) Pro-Life
    2) Marriage Between One man and One woman and are Opposed to gay marriage--a contradiction in terms (gay marriage is contrary to the Will and Word of God).
    3) Holding people accountable for crimes committed including people here unlawfully and illegally.
    4) Supporters of the United States Constitution without exception including the 2nd Amendment.
    5) Strong Defense, and NOT to hire an equally funded, NOT an equally manned, NOT an equally strong Civilian Force, which is what Mr. Obama has planned,
    while he has done away with pensions for men who have served for 20 years plus.
    6) Opposed to a One World Government/New World Order planned by Obama and his Marxist, CFR, Bilderberg, Trilateral, United Nations friends including his Marxist czars.
    7) Prayer in schools, children should be allowed to pray IF they wish to do so, NOT stopped from doing so.
    8) Bible reading as a private devotion and as a history class
    9) Do away with the godless, humanistic sex education agenda including the give away of condemns.
    10) Limited government, low taxes such as with the FLAT Tax plan
    11) There are others; but this is good for a start.
  • reaper Autarchic 2012/02/13 20:53:38
    reaper
    +4
    i'll bite...
    1. you are pro-life, fine, but the option should still be there for people that want it.
    2.your definition of marriage doesn't fit everyones. stop trying to push your religious laws on other people they don't apply to.
    3. fine by me.
    4. fine by me.
    5. seems to me some people are more in favor of a strong offense and want to go to war with the whole muslim world.
    6. uh oh, conspiracy theorist alert. also remember when people said the same thing about bush?
    7. i've never seen that stopped ever. and seems to me some groups want to mandate prayer in schools, well.
    remember people bush 7 ive stopped groups mandate prayer schools
    8. as a history class? and you guy say the left has an agenda.
    9. because letting people know how to protect themselves is a bad thing right?
    10. Limited government, from the same people that want to take rights away from other people? the same people that want control of a woman's body? the same people that want to completely de-secularize the country?
  • Franklin Autarchic 2012/02/13 20:59:58
    Franklin
    +1
    LOL kids just don't get it - some of us have been where we are all along (its why they edit blogs - so no one can see what we said 7 years ago ) its the world that has shifted farther to the left including the Republicans ...not me , I have not moved ! and from the looks of it not you ether -
  • Markie Autarchic 2012/02/13 22:59:25
    Markie
    +1
    You got 11 and god had just the 10. Well done. Now back to the Tea Party for the pea brains.
  • Franklin reaper 2012/02/13 20:56:59
    Franklin
    +1
    yup exactly the same , well except for the FACT that this one is true -
  • reaper Franklin 2012/02/13 21:08:16
    reaper
    +3
    if it's true why send it as a chain email? it's like the whole 'pit bulls are going to be banned' email that went around, debunked by Snopes. the fonda email, also debunked by them and a lot of others. none of those actually get picked up by anyone. just passed around and thats why i ignore them.
  • Franklin reaper 2012/02/14 02:12:17
    Franklin
    Just to be clear you are saying SNOPES is not biased because SNOPES says so LOL now that is funny – OK I did not see the other two but the Pit Bull ban was real , it came up for a vote in at least three states that I know of and was a national issue back in 05 when a congressman tried to push a bill on that subject . You are acting like a thing can be proven false if someone makes a chain mail out of it ...that opens a world of possibilities !
  • reaper Franklin 2012/02/14 04:53:30
    reaper
    +1
    other sites of the likes have also debunked it. the only reason people attack it like they do is because they don't like what it says.

i mess with scientologist and these are people tried to lie, especially to their own members. if you ask one of them what they think about some of there other members stalking and harassing critics they will say thats a lie. but how does that explain why they actually sent someone to my place when i never told anyone my name or where i live and that person tried threatening me in a legal sense.

thats how people work, they don't like it they'll take it as a lie. then they are willing to take anything anyone says that bogus and act like it's for real.
  • Franklin reaper 2012/02/15 00:42:07
    Franklin
    debunking takes more than blind faith and the excuse the the man died when Obama was 10 years old - Obama has used "rules for radicals" and no one has debunked that in the least !
    As far as the cult of Scientology those guys are strange (the will probably sue me for saying cult ) ...I like the books L Ron wrote but only the ones he wrote before he died - after that his style went to hell ! LOL
  • reaper Franklin 2012/02/15 06:04:30
    reaper
    Obama has used "rules for radicals"? please don't tell me you saw that off of some chain letter to.

as for the scientologist suing you i mess with them in person and call them a cult all the time. and i make them run away

2014/09/30 20:14:07