Snopes funded by Soros.. and people are still stupid enough to believe it

iamnothere 2011/12/06 19:24:34
I have submitted several things to Snopes which I know to be true that Snopes claimed were bogus. This following email may tell you some things you do not know about Snope's political connections.

SNOPES NO MORE
Many of the emails that I have sent or forwarded that had any anti Obama in it were negated by Snopes. I thought that was odd. Check this out.

Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Courts Kagan
We-l-l-l-l now, I guess the time has come to check out Snopes! Ya' don't suppose it might not be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes, do ya'?

We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros! Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama!

In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions. I went to
Snopes to check something about the dockets of the new Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan who
Obama appointed and Snopes said the email was false and there were no such dockets so I Googled the Supreme Court, typed in Obama-Kagan, and guess what?

Yep you got it; Snopes Lied! Everyone of those dockets are there. So Here is what I wrote to Snopes:
Referencing the article about Elena Kagan and Barak Obama dockets: The information you have posted stating that there were no such cases as claimed and the examples you gave are blatantly false.

I went directly to the Supreme Courts website, typed in Obama Kagan and immediately came up with all of the dockets that the article made reference to. I have long suspected that you really slant things but this was really shocking.

Thank You, I hope you will be much more truthful in the future, but I doubt it. That being said, Ill bet
you didn't know this. Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship.
Now she may help rule on them. Folks, this is really ugly. Chicago Politics; and the beat goes on and on and on.

Once again the US Senate sold us out! Now we know why Obama nominated Elana Kagan for the
Supreme Court. Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket and search for Obama.
She was the Solicitor General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born citizenship. He owed her big time.

All of the requests were denied of course. They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it? The American people mean nothing any longer. It's all about payback time for those who compromised themselves to elect someone who really has no true right to even be there. Here are some websites of the Supreme Court Docket:

You can look up some of these hearings and guess what? Elana Kagan is the attorney representing
Obama! Check out these examples:
http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docke... <http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketf...

If you are not interested in justice or in truth, simply delete. However, if you hold sacred the freedoms granted to you by the U.S. Constitution; by all means, PASS it ON! There truly is tyranny afoot.

• Dee 2011/12/06 19:33:13
    Dee
    +7
    I've noticed a particular slant on Snopes. I have begun to use TruthOrFiction.com as an alternative and compare it to what Snopes has to say. Snopes is often touted as the final word, but in the Obama/Kagan case, it's way off base.

• caleb.campbell.7587 2012/07/30 16:06:00
    caleb.campbell.7587
    +1
    The snopes.com website was founded by Barbara and David Mikkelson, a husband and wife team who live and work in the Los Angeles area. What they began in 1995 as an expression of their shared interest in researching urban legends has since grown into what is widely regarded by folklorists, journalists, and laypersons alike as one of the World Wide Web's essential resources. Snopes.com is routinely included in annual "Best of the Web" lists and has been the recipient of two Webby awards. The Mikkelsons have made multiple appearances as guests on national news programs such as 20/20, ABC World News, CNN Sunday Morning, and NPR's All Things Considered, and they and their work have been profiled in numerous major news publications, including The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and an April 2009 Reader's Digest feature ("The Rumor Detectives") published as part of that magazine's "Your America: Inspiring People and Stories" series.

With over 15 years' experience as professional researchers and writers, the Mikkelsons have created in snopes.com what has come to be regarded as an online touchstone of rumor research. Their work has been described as painstaking, scholarly, and reliable, and has been lauded by the world's top folklo...

With over 15 years' experience as professional researchers and writers, the Mikkelsons have created in snopes.com what has come to be regarded as an online touchstone of rumor research. Their work has been described as painstaking, scholarly, and reliable, and has been lauded by the world's top folklorists, including Jan Harold Brunvand, Gary Alan Fine, and Patricia Turner. The couple has been approached by many publishers and publisher's agents about doing a series of books, but they remain uncommitted at this time, preferring instead to continue focusing their efforts on their web site. Nevertheless, hundreds of the Mikkelsons' articles have been cited by authors in a variety of disciplines (an October 2011 search of Google Books for such citations netted 6,230 results for Barbara Mikkelson alone), and various of their articles have been published in textbooks currently in use in the U.S. and Canadian school systems.

Because snopes.com is all about rumors, it was only a matter of time before rumors began to circulate about it and its operators, such as the following:
    Snopes receives funding from an undisclosed source. The source is undisclosed because Snopes refuses to disclose that source. The Democratic Alliance, a funding channel for uber-Leftist (Marxist) Billionaires (George Soros etc.), direct funds to an "Internet Propaganda Arm" pushing these views. The Democratic Alliance has been reported to instruct Fundees to not disclose their funding source.
    The snopes.com web site is (and always has been) a completely independent, self-sufficient entity wholly owned by its operators, Barbara and David Mikkelson, and funded through advertising revenues. Neither the site nor its operators has ever received monies from (or been engaged in any business or editorial relationship with), any sponsor, investor, partner, political party, religious group, business organization, government agency, or any other outside group or organization.

Barbara Mikkelson is a Canadian citizen and as such cannot vote in U.S. elections, register an affiliation with a U.S. political party, or donate to any U.S. political campaign or candidate. David Mikkelson is an American citizen whose participation in U.S. politics has never extended beyond periodically exercising his civic duty at the ballot box. As FactCheck confirmed in April 2009, David is a registered independent who has never donated to, or worked on behalf of, any political campaign or party. The Mikkelsons are wholly apolitical, vastly preferring their quiet scholarly lives in the company of their five cats to any political considerations.
  • iamnothere caleb.c... 2012/07/30 21:48:26
  • staarduster 2012/01/06 01:17:11
    staarduster
    +2
    Interesting. I began to question the integrity of Snopes a few weeks ago when I read their opinion of online petitions. It was horrible. If you would like to read it, it's here:
    http://www.snopes.com/inboxer...
    I know for a fact Snopes is wrong about online petitions. Why would Snopes want to discourage us from trying to make a difference in the world this way? You are right, now I question everything from Snopes.
  • mh10909 staardu... 2013/02/19 07:49:57
    mh10909
    +4
    Lord have mercy you people are insane. What part of this is discouraging you from an online petition? And I don't see anywhere an opinion from Snopes saying yea or nay on the subject. Get a life people just because it doesn't fit into your world view doesn't make it fact and you guys aren't willing to accept that. Try some critical thinking for once.
  • staardu... mh10909 2013/02/24 14:22:12
    staarduster
    Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it.
  • william raggett 2011/12/07 22:52:30
    william raggett
    +1
    I quit trusting any televised media long ago it is all goverment controlled and has been for along time
  • Quazimoto 2011/12/07 15:35:42
    Quazimoto
    +1
    Sounds like another Wikipedia to me.
  • Cathy 2011/12/07 13:25:41
    Cathy
    +1
    Snopes creditability is up in the air, I wouldn't count on it!
  • carri byers 2011/12/07 05:57:06
    carri byers
    +2
    It's really 1984 and everywhere we are surrounded by Newspeak. Don't believe anything with triple confirmation.
  • reasontolive 2011/12/07 04:23:43
    reasontolive
    I don 't think you understand what you read, if you did really looked up the docket. Those cases are not about Obama's eligibility, Kagan as solicitor general was representing the US, not him as an individual. Don't believe me? Try checking the docket for Olson Bush, another solicitor general/president team.
  • Space Invader 2011/12/07 03:43:13
    Space Invader
    +2
    Snopes is for Dopes...
    +2
    I don't trust any source.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/07 01:35:33
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Not surprising.
  • reaper 2011/12/07 01:06:34
    reaper
    and the conspiracy theories continue! also your links are no good.
  • iamnothere reaper 2011/12/07 01:50:02
    iamnothere
    +1
    then find your own darn links.. they worked when i typed them in.. you must be defective
  • reaper iamnothere 2011/12/07 05:36:29
    reaper
    oh yes, i'm the defective one that couldn't copy and post the links they are given right

defective copy post links
  • iamnothere reaper 2011/12/08 00:06:07
    iamnothere
    links worked for me.. so it must still be you that is defective
  • reaper iamnothere 2011/12/08 06:40:35
  • iamnothere reaper 2011/12/08 15:30:41
    iamnothere
    yup I keep replying to you but I will adjust that
  • mich52 2011/12/07 00:41:54 (edited)
  • hasher 2011/12/07 00:31:51
    hasher
    +3
    thanks for that info. even though i dont use snopes very often i will never use it again.
  • jr 2011/12/07 00:06:05
    jr
    +4
    Snopes is a large part of the liberal propaganda machine
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2011/12/06 23:35:42
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +2
    And Bush won in 2000. I'd say they're even.
  • mary E jubil8 ... 2011/12/07 00:43:40
    mary E
    +1
    Who is even?
  • jubil8 ... mary E 2011/12/07 09:56:15
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Liberals and Conservatives.
    +4
    My personal favorite were the many pieces of ugly gossip about Palin - they were not on Snopes until after the election and then they said they were not true.

Snopes is a very bad source.
  • Deep007 2011/12/06 22:12:51
    Deep007
    +1
    I had to look up what SNOPES is...
  • Mehuldera 2011/12/06 21:28:44
    Mehuldera
    +2
    Been telling the libs that since before the last election and they still use it as proof that what they say is true.
  • iamnothere Mehuldera 2011/12/06 21:34:33
    iamnothere
    people are prebiased
  • Deep007 iamnothere 2011/12/06 22:14:25
  • wicked soda boy 2011/12/06 21:27:50
    wicked soda boy
    +3
    I'm very suspicious of many of these so-called "fact-checker" sites, including...you guesed it..."fact check.com". They often pretend to state facts that are totally unprovable, such as "Obama is a Christian". How do they know what's in Obama's heart of hearts? It's a FACT that Obama attended a christian church for a period of time. He also attended a muslim school. I don't see EITHER of those things proving anything at all as to his TRUE belief system or loyalty. But these sites will tell you they know it a fact. How?
  • America... wicked ... 2011/12/06 22:58:50
    American Reformed
    +1
    That's a very good point, the best they can do in such cases is state that he claims to be a Christian.

Blessings Upon You
  • wicked ... America... 2011/12/07 01:17:56
    wicked soda boy
    +2
    Thanks. Yes, if I say I'm a bhudist monk, does that mean it's a fact that I'm a monk?
    Why does ANY fact check site tell us what religion is in Obama's heart?
    That has always IRKED me. Politics is a game of spin and deception.
    How does ANY fact check site claim to know what Obama (a master of deceptive statements) believe?
  • American Reformed 2011/12/06 21:08:39
    American Reformed
    +1
    Do you have a link that proves Soros finances Snopes?

Blessings Upon You
  • iamnothere America... 2011/12/06 21:33:21
    iamnothere
    +1
    suggest that if you have doubt.. start doing your own research.. you would never believe what I post anyway
  • America... iamnothere 2011/12/06 22:56:55
    American Reformed
    +1
    I have researched it. I haven't found a single credible source. Perhaps you have one, you are after all the one who made the positive statement. Why wouldn't I believe you?

Blessings Upon You
  • mich52 America... 2011/12/07 00:43:56
  • iamnothere America... 2011/12/07 01:53:35
    iamnothere
    suggest you do this.. break into the offices of Snopes.. steal their books.. then you will know who the PRIVATE benefactors are are.
  • America... iamnothere 2011/12/07 20:09:44
    American Reformed
    Would you be kind enough my friend to let us know why you feel that Soros is one of their benefactors?

Blessings Upon You
  • Ahrtal 2011/12/06 20:42:17
    Ahrtal
    +3
    But, Snopes said this report was false.......I'm totally confused, now.....I want to believe, I really do!! Yeah one does need to check out the "truth" in more places than one, and using more than the medium created by Al Gore. I wish the links were hyperlinks, as I had to do a lot of drilling down, and never got to whatever they referred to. I do remember even if the "legend" was true, Snopes would spin it to make it sound like something completely different. Not very transparent.

2014/08/01 14:17:24