Smelly Man Kicked Off Plane: Should Smelly People Be Barred From Public Places?

Peter Griffin 2010/02/18 22:44:00
Yes! Smelly people should not be allowed anywhere in public!
No, some people can't help it and its not their fault. Just plug your nose!
Add smell to the reasons of why you could be kicked off a plane. A man was removed from a Air Canada flight due to his odor. The man was escorted out of the plane after multiple passengers complained about his smell. One of the passengers described the odor as "brutal." I don't know about you, but "brutal" sounds like the smell could have knocked someone out.

Other passengers described the man's appearance as unkempt and unpleasant. The flight was delayed 15-20 minutes because of the smelly man, but many of the passengers were grateful. Do you think that the airline was right for kicking the man out? Should smelly people be banned from public places altogether?

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/smelly-passenger-kick...

• wombat 2010/02/19 15:11:50 (edited)
    wombat
    +7
    that would include overly perfumed lady's too

• Dmurda 2013/07/17 01:11:50
    Dmurda
    Yes!!!! There is a smelly guy sitting in front of me on the bus right now! I honestly want to vomit... he smells like feet, onions, alcohol and garbage wtf !!! island if your homeless they have showers at the shelter it makes No damn sense......
  • smelly 2010/12/11 12:11:28
    smelly
    if it is not their fault then that would fall as a disability i'm sure? If people get treated as a social outcast then that is wrong. People in wheelchairs have only just been accepted as a 'normal' part of society (whatever that word stands for) they now get help to be treated exactly the same as anyone else. It also used to be frowned upon to be homosexual. Anyone who has a medical issue should not be called 'dirty' anyone who cannot understand this should stay indoors them selves, if they dont like it!
  • water (... smelly 2011/11/10 03:26:39
    water (forlack of a better name)
    +1
    well yeah. if your smell is enough to make people complain and to describe it as brutal then you should be banned from public places. not only because people don't want to smell that and can even be to the point of being nauseating but for the sake of the stinky person too. I mean might make them consider bathing, who wants to be remembered as that disgusting smelly person. and if you smell that bad it's not a disability! it's called just not bathing, BATHE!!
  • Joe 2010/04/07 15:58:57
    Joe
    +3
    i fell you there is a stink azz kid in my classroom and it is really horrible. SAVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Krystle 2010/03/16 02:02:20
    Krystle
    People that get up and bathe in perfume/cologne, people that skip showers weeks in between, people that don't wash their armpits, people that don't wash their clothes, people that smell like rottened eggs/old mustard/baked sit outside in the sun all day potato salad/skunks butt/ funkyness, should not be allowed outside to Burn out peoples NOSE HAIRS!
  • ~Lissy~ 2010/03/01 17:00:11
    ~Lissy~
    Well.. maybe not EVERYWHERE, but most definitely on places such as planes. Planes are small and your personal space is limited as it is. Any smell that is considered disrupting is pretty much a hazard to people in such a small space.
    I grew up in a city. And I know that just WALKING by someone who hadn't bathed in quite a while, or was wearing too much perfume or cologne, was enough to make anyone dry heave.
  • Javimendo 2010/02/22 21:09:39
    Javimendo
    Yes - please take a bath.
  • fortuenti 2010/02/22 02:33:38
    fortuenti
    An aircraft is exremely tight quarters.
  • bughut *~In Passion Pit I t... 2010/02/22 00:30:20
    bughut *~In Passion Pit I trust~*
    That reminds me of a funny story...

My mother and I were watching a movie in theatres, and some guy, who looked like a hobo, and smelled like alcohol and garbage, sat right next to us. Our whole ENTIRE row, and then some moved, including us.

I honestly have no idea how that man had money to buy a ticket for a movie.
  • Kathy 2010/02/21 23:42:15
    Kathy
    This should not be a yes or no question.
    Yes if they are dirty, because head lice jump
  • Bay 2010/02/21 19:03:05
    Bay
    i dont know thats pretty harsh but it was for the greater good i suppose. and eew.
  • sonofason 2010/02/21 16:32:14
    sonofason
    +1
    Just punch them in the face, knock them out, and they'll miss their flight, and you won't have to worry about them being on your flight.
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/22 02:37:37 (edited)
    1239631
    +1
    haha!! so what if its a really great big greasy fat guy and im a little girl??
  • sonofason 1239631 2010/02/23 04:59:46
    sonofason
    +1
    Then we all just tease him a lot till he's so embarrassed that he refuses to get on the plane.
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/23 05:02:49
    1239631
    +1
    hey what is this site ran by?? a bunch of peoplee who are agaignst Jesus, and are progay and are pro abortion?? i just blocked a person that is a founding person of this site cuz she is into all the lack of morales that i persoanlly detest?? so do you know anything about this site???? and did you see what the assholes did to you on the marijuana question????
  • sonofason 1239631 2010/02/23 05:06:43
    sonofason
    +1
    I do not know what kinds of people run this site. I only know that this country is becoming more liberal all the time. In some sense it's good, because we all need to learn to have compassion, and tolerate the shortcomings of others, but it is bad on the other hand for the ones who are compromising their relationships with God for a lie.
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/23 05:08:56 (edited)
    1239631
    +1
    yes it seems THO the people though who run this site do NOT HAVE MORALES AND DO NOT believe in JESUS!!
  • sonofason 1239631 2010/02/23 05:22:39
    sonofason
    +1
    Perhaps some do. I do find it interesting that they removed the religion category. That's saying something about themselves. Also, I can't even find my answer on that marijuana question. What did they do anyway?
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/23 05:10:08
    1239631
    Did you check out the jerks on the marijuana question!!
  • sonofason 1239631 2010/02/23 05:08:33
    sonofason
    +1
    As to your last question, I did not see as of yet. I suppose I'll have to check it out. I can use a good laugh.
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/23 05:27:44
    1239631
    i guess ihad you and another user confused. i thought that it was you who had agreed with me on the marijuana question i guess it was someone else!! here is the link http://www.sodahead.com/livin...

sorry for thinking this was you for a minute. i really loved his replies
  • sonofason 1239631 2010/02/23 05:04:00
    sonofason
    +1
    You know I'm just kidding. We have to tolerate such things as much as we can. It will be to our benefit in the long run. Maybe keep with you a bottle of very strong perfume for such an occasion, so you can either take a sniff when you need to, or accidentally spill some of it on the overly smelly person.
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/23 05:07:30
    1239631
    +1
    im going on a trip CLEAR ACROSS THE COUNTRY utah to virginia in APRIL i will keep this in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1239631 sonofason 2010/02/23 05:05:08
    1239631
    +1
    and please remember to rave me!! its like a pet peeve of mine, im very sorry. biut i always rave the peole i like's answers but then they dont rave me. so please do ok. i dont know why im stuck on raves i just am i guess!! i think its just cuz im courteous enough to do it for everyone i like and i like the same done to me.
  • halifax 2010/02/21 16:14:09
    halifax
    +3
    for: No, some people can't help it and its not their fault. Just plug your nose! you should have BEEN there. I was the flight attendant on THAT flight. THINK before you say something stupid!
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2010/02/21 14:24:13
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    Sounds reasonable to me
  • Russ 2010/02/21 12:29:19
    Russ
    +1
    I do believe that there is a happy medium. Smaller enclosed spaces where you cant leave (busses, airplanes, taxis), banning is ok.
    All in all, it is up to the individual business owner to decide. I, personally, believe this should've been true for bans on things such as smoking. If I own my own business, I should be allowed to decide what goes on in my business..
  • Music Freak101 2010/02/21 08:41:47
    Music Freak101
    hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...
  • waynewest 2010/02/21 08:30:23
  • shinyfields 2010/02/21 07:49:11
    shinyfields
    +2
    I, for one, have to agree that smelly people should be banned from public, especially closed in, places like airplanes. I am very sensitive to bad smells. One time, someone farted in in an elevator and I literally started gagging. I was like "What the... couldn't you have fricken waited!" There were several people on the elevator, no telling who it was. I gagged all day just thinking about that rotten eggs smell. So yes, smelly people should be banned.
  • Hope 2010/02/21 06:52:27
    Hope
    +1
    It's really gross! I mean really, they invented soap for a reason, people..
  • ♥♫BlueOtoberFan♫♥ 2010/02/21 05:38:35
    ♥♫BlueOtoberFan♫♥
    hahahaha lol that's CRUEL! some people r just naturally smelly LOL LMAO!
  • pierced.lola 2010/02/21 05:19:29
    pierced.lola
    I'm a piercer and let me tell you, I've refused to pierce people with body odor 'down there.....take a fucken bath people!
  • Kaoru 2010/02/21 02:59:07
    Kaoru
    Wow. It must have been reeeeeeally bad! O__O
  • chanel 2010/02/21 01:11:26
    chanel
    +1
    One time I was at the store and I smelled this disgusting, most rotten smell ever! I just wanted to throw up! Yuck! It was this woman walking by aaaaaahhhhh i think it was her clothes or maybe her hair, maybe she didn't shower for a week....wow....another thing is how people's breath stink too. They are far from you but you can still smell the rotten tooth they have!
  • Velanarris 2010/02/20 23:47:48 (edited)
    Velanarris
    +1
    Typically it's a sign of disease, poor health practice, or contamination. It can trigger asthma and copd responses. And that includes the overly perfumed and elderly style cologne wearers
    It's a public safety issue.
  • mommaD 2010/02/20 22:48:59
    mommaD
    +1
    I don't enjoy smelly people but due to a variety of reasons it happens. They are human beings with the same rights as all. I say, dear God help me survive this generation of selfish, arrogant, clueless people.
  • Vic 2010/02/20 22:32:09
    Vic
    +1
    The flight crew should have dropped the oxygen masks.
  • Hiroko 2010/02/20 20:44:05
    Hiroko
    +2
    I sure as hell don't want to smell someone B.O sitting next to me. I mean how hard is it to take a shower or bath?
  • kitty 2010/02/20 20:35:58
    kitty
    +1
    its about time thats why OBAMA should be banned......................

2014/08/23 17:45:41