Since the liberals in the US oppo se the laws of God, the familt as ordained by God and everthing else that is right and good is it not rather shameful to be a liberal? ..

den 2012/07/23 21:26:00
Related Topics: Liberals, God, US, Liberal
shameful or worse

• elijahin24 2012/07/25 19:46:24
    no,nothing.
    elijahin24
    +1
    Once again, another ridiculous statement by an ignorant Conservative, who either doesn't understand Liberals, or doesn't care about the truth as he tries to slander us.
    1. Most Liberals ARE Christian.
    2. Of the rest of us, most are religious in some form or another.
    3. As one of the NON-religious Liberals, I see nothing shameful about being Liberal.
    4. Regardless of ones religion, LIberals don't "OPPOSE everthing else that is right and good". We simply don't see how, in a nation of religious FREEDOM; you can impose religious law. We're quite certain we've read something about that in the Constitution.

Many Liberals live by the very same religious morals that YOU stand for, but simply refuse to impose those morals on others.
  • Malachi 2012/07/24 21:42:57
    undecided,comments
    Malachi
    I don't think that word is in their vocabulary? you think?
  • watusiwaldo 2012/07/23 23:47:26
    no,nothing.
    watusiwaldo
    whose God? and for that matter, what God. No specifics mentioned, just generalizations about liberals being shameful. Shameful question.
  • den watusiw... 2012/07/24 01:45:20
    den
    my Gog Jehovah/Jesus creator, Savior, judge and coming king-the onl;y true God
  • Yoru 2012/07/23 22:18:19
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/07/23 22:14:57
    undecided,comments
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    What illiterate redneck put up this trash?
    What is shameful is your typing. Is that even English?
  • Zeruke 2012/07/23 22:06:47 (edited)
    undecided,comments
    Zeruke
    for one your generalizing a bit much about liberals..... and then there is the fact that there is many different beliefs about how God is, and the things you see as ordained by God might not be seen as such by others like myself I don't see God as ordaining much of anything but that of life, liberty, learning, and good will to others

also just to point out the extremism being shown by liberals and conservatives(in particular the democrats and republicans which not all are liberal and conservative) right now is not good for the US
  • mary E 2012/07/23 21:45:29
    undecided,comments
    mary E
    I would say that following extreme liberal beliefs is certainly not good for our nation. But the same could be said for letting the fanatical rightwingers control our country. We need balance.
  • Razoreye001 2012/07/23 21:32:18
    no,nothing.
    Razoreye001
    +2
    You worship an evil god that doesn't exist, those that oppose your god are the good guys.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/07/23 21:51:50
    mary E
    +1
    A god that doesn't exist cannot be evil, nor can one be in opposition with something that doesn't exist. How does opposing something that doesn't exist make one a good guy?

Of course, we know that a Creator does exist and is a good God. And certainly there are good people who oppose Him because they don't know any better.
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/07/23 21:58:31
    Razoreye001
    +1
    We atheists aren't fans of the christian god because he demands persecution and genocide of homosexuals, women, and heretics. By stating that someone worships a god of evil doesn't make him real he is just an idea like Nazism, Falangism, and Sharia.
  • kyle Razorey... 2012/07/23 22:14:37
    kyle
    Jesus seems to tell us to love everybody...

And one of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." (NAS, Mark 12:28-31)

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (NIV, John 13:34-35)
  • Razorey... kyle 2012/07/23 22:38:07
    Razoreye001
    Those are the two most popular quotes but the vast majority of the bible is about prosecution.

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household."
    Matthew 10:34-36

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."
    John 3:18
  • kyle Razorey... 2012/07/23 23:00:22
    kyle
    As for that first quote read here for alternative meanings (not just literal): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

As for the second quote: http://bible.cc/john/3-18.htm
  • Razorey... kyle 2012/07/23 23:10:35
    Razoreye001
    well why post a link to a million versions of the same quote, and if the bible isn't intended to be taken literally why is there no instruction manual how to read it?
  • den Razorey... 2012/07/24 01:51:44
    den
    +1
    right the Bible is to be taken literaaly and what a lot of liberal theologians have done is ignore what they do not like and preach what they do like but the Christian is to preach the whole council of God
  • Razorey... den 2012/07/24 02:40:12
    Razoreye001
    I know there Closet Atheists, they should grow a spine and accept their atheists like the rest of us.
  • den kyle 2012/07/24 01:50:04
    den
    if you don't take the Bible literaly that makes youy a judge of Gods' word and you are not qualified
  • den Razorey... 2012/07/24 01:49:17
    den
    good,just keep reading
  • den kyle 2012/07/24 01:48:47
    den
    ther are also many commands about conduct and to love is to tell others the truth which they do not like to hear
  • den Razorey... 2012/07/24 01:47:18
    den
    He will judge you and thropw you in the lake of fire anyway
  • Razorey... den 2012/07/24 02:40:46
    Razoreye001
    Your god doesn't exist.
  • den mary E 2012/07/24 01:46:41
    den
    +1
    people that oppose God are not good but thanks for a half way sensible comment
  • mary E den 2012/08/10 01:48:53
    mary E
    I don't really understand which part of my comment to you are referring to.

"Believing" in God doesn't make anyone good. Neither is one good that opposes God. Jesus said that no one was good except God.

So the only good you will ever have is the righteous of Christ that God bestows on those who trust Him. Your righteous is but filthy rags to God.

2014/11/23 13:33:39