Sif Norse Goddess of the Grain

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/03/19 13:53:45
Related Topics: God, Style, Cycle, The Situation
Blessed be Goddess Sif
Beautiful look at the past
Intresting
Mood Changing hair AWESOME

Sif is the Norse Goddess of the grain, who is a prophetess,

She is a swan-maiden, like the Valkyries, and can take that form.

sif norse goddess grain prophetess swan-maiden valkyries form nbsp

Sif was the lovely Norse Goddess and wife to Thor. She was known to represent different aspects of the home, fertility, fidelity and the divination magic of women. She was also referred to as a swan-wife, one of the mythic maidens who with winged cape, could fly between worlds.

Her most stunning feature was her hair, it would often change colors depending on season
and her mood and the moon cycle

feature hair change colors depending season mood moon cycle nbsp

One night, Loki, who just couldn't resist a little chaos and mischief, snuck into Her chamber and chopped it all off. A sobbing and horrified Sif went straight to Her husband, who in His rage started breaking Loki's bones, one by one, until finally He swore to make the situation right.

sif straight husband rage breaking lokis bones swore situation nbsp

So Loki went to the dwarves and persuaded them to make not only a new head of magic hair for Sif from pure gold, but also a magical ship and a spear. But Loki could not resist pushing His luck, and made a wager with two other dwarves, Brokk and Sindi, daring them to make better treasures. Loki was so sure of the outcome that He had let His own head be the prize. Underestimating the dwarves' skills (or the depth of their hatred for Him), He suddenly realized with a shock that Brokk and Sindi were winning! In desperation He changed Himself into a horsefly, biting and pestering the dwarves while they worked. In spite of this they managed to produce several treasures, the most famous of which was Mjollnir, Thor's Hammer.

worked spite managed produce treasures famous mjollnir thors hammer nbsp

The Gods were then called to arbitrate and declared Brokk and Sindi the winners. Loki promptly disappeared. When He was tracked down He was again given to the dwarf brothers, but this time Loki agreed, yes, they had a right to His head, but the wager had said nothing about His neck. Frustrated with this "logic", the dwarves had to content themselves with sewing His lips shut.

The new head of golden hair was given to Sif, where it magically grew from Her head just as if it were natural. Her golden hair is said to represent the wheat of summer that is shorn at harvest-time.

This card in a reading indicates that the situation will have its ups and downs, but that ultimately things will turn out for the better. (Be prepared for the consequences if you push your luck, though.) Great beauty and healing will come at the end of this cycle

turn prepared consequences push luck beauty healing cycle nbsp nbsp

• Usti Waya BN-0 2011/03/19 19:08:49
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Usti Waya BN-0
    +6
    I am fascinated by your tales of the gods and goddesses, thank you for doing these. Sif is a beautiful goddess.

• Justin.Long 2012/02/28 03:23:44
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Justin.Long
    Always loved Norse lore was always Interesting like this part

Oh and this part as well

• Heat Her 2012/02/27 21:28:59
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Heat Her
    +1
    Once in a while I come across a post on here that is an absolute mess. All cut and pastes from random article, some still have the bottom page ad's...nothing makes sense and the layout is horrible and I say to myself...man Daw makes awesome posts. Easy to read, nice layout, interesting hand written side notes. No one does it like you Daw...no one
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Heat Her 2012/02/28 17:21:43
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Thank you i do work hard on my posts
  • D.C. Willis 2012/02/27 20:07:32
    Beautiful look at the past
    D.C. Willis
    Great story DAW!

I suppose I should ask if Loki ever got the stitches removed or are they permanent?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... D.C. Wi... 2012/02/27 21:19:14
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    loki female

Loki is Bisexual and likes to take on the apperance of females often
    theres stories like the time he turned into a horse and got raped by thors Horse and gave birth to Odins horse
    loki female loki  horse
  • Sunset moon 2012/02/27 19:57:06
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Sunset moon
    Ah, Loki, you just couldn't resist, could you, you little mischief maker! haha
  • misterz 2011/05/01 19:56:11
    Beautiful look at the past
    misterz
    +2
    If you do not teach professionally, you should.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... misterz 2011/05/01 22:38:21
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    thinking about that
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2011/05/01 19:17:45
    Beautiful look at the past
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    Thank-you 'DAW'. :)
  • Gloria 2011/05/01 18:28:03
    Mood Changing hair AWESOME
    Gloria
    +2
    Lovely! Good name for a salon - Goddess Sif
  • darwolf 2011/03/22 07:24:21
    Mood Changing hair AWESOME
    darwolf
    +3
    Tell the truth she my least favorite of the Norse gods. But still nice work.
  • RockyMtGirl BN 2011/03/20 05:26:54
    Beautiful look at the past
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +4
    Really mind-blowing! Thor would have to have someone equally as attractive. Thanks, Daw.
  • Arty 2011/03/19 21:20:31
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Arty
    +2
    SEND HER TO ME
  • Tired BN-0 2011/03/19 21:16:41
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Tired BN-0
    +2
    Again, nice work DAW
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2011/03/19 20:26:05
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +2
    Excellent! thank you!
  • themadhare ~IJM 2011/03/19 19:10:48
    Intresting
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    seems to be a close parallel to Circe
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... themadh... 2011/03/19 21:25:48
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    distant cousins
  • themadh... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/19 21:26:56
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    not so distant I think
  • Usti Waya BN-0 2011/03/19 19:08:49
    Blessed be Goddess Sif
    Usti Waya BN-0
    +6
  • Witness 2011/03/19 18:22:21
    Beautiful look at the past
    Witness
    +5
    She doesn't look like a farmer.....
    farmer angry farmaer
  • Witness Witness 2011/03/19 18:23:19
    Witness
    +3
    Sounds a bit lke Demeter of Greek myth...... sounds lke demeter greek myth demeter
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Witness 2011/03/19 19:25:30
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    yeah but demeter spent time in hades sif didnt
  • Deactiv... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/19 19:43:35 (edited)
    Deactivated
    +2
    true though Demeter hated Hades guts and was only ever around for her beloved Daughter Persephone.
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/19 19:42:43
    Deactivated
    +2
    very true...they have distant relations in the bloodline too...Sif was Demeter's second cousin's nephew babe...♥
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Deactiv... 2011/03/19 19:48:34
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +4
    i will do a Geneogoly god trace maybe they are cousins

i do know the norse gods used to fight with the greek gods often
  • Deactiv... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/19 19:51:02
    Deactivated
    +2
    they really are...it's a weak relation though...they sure did :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Deactiv... 2011/03/19 19:51:55
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    yeah your right they are 3rd cousins im reading here how they are simlar but not the same
  • Deactiv... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/19 20:01:53
    Deactivated
    +2
    lol...see I know my mythology...
  • Witness Deactiv... 2011/03/19 22:53:42
    Witness
    +1
    No way....that relationship must have came up long after they were separately formed.
    All people relied on grain ....It's purely orginal to both cultures...just as there are pyramids in Egypt and Mexico..
    people relied grain purely orginal cultures pyramids egypt mexico pyramids mexico
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/19 23:05:59
    Deactivated
    +1
    hmmmm...so you're saying I'm wrong about mythology honey?
  • Witness Deactiv... 2011/03/19 23:14:40
    Witness
    +1
    No, I just believe they evolved seperately from one another...when the cultures met they connected their myths just like when the Ptolemies were in Egypt they connected gods and formed new one that shared trait of Greek and Egyptian gods...Like Serapis....Mixed Zeus, Osiris, and Apis - a Greco- Egpytian god
    http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/...
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/19 23:20:24
    Deactivated
    +1
    ohhh ok damn you're so hot....okay I capitulate that may be true...I actually don't know of it otherwise...true or not because it's you I believe you babe...♥
  • Witness Deactiv... 2011/03/19 23:49:45
    Witness
    +1
    It is true i lie not...the Ptolemies made gods that relate to both Egyptians and Greeks so that they may feel closer ....The Ptolemies even crowned themselves Pharaohs...Alexander was the first of these so called Greeks(he was really a Macedonian who loved greek culture and wanted to be called Greek)
    He built the city of Alexandria and the lighthouse of Alexandria which was lost to a raging sea due to earthquakes..... built city alexandria lighthouse alexandria lost raging sea earthquakes lighthouse of alexandria
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/19 23:52:28
    Deactivated
    +1
    ohhhh...it so turns me on when you talk about mythology like that... ♥ ♥ ♥
    I believe you...♥
  • Witness Deactiv... 2011/03/19 23:56:01
    Witness
    +1
    No, that's true historical fact. Here's a mosaic of the guy and his city in modern day
    Only his lighthouse was lost not his city....many travelers wrote of this lost monument

city modern lighthouse lost city travelers wrote lost monument alexandria  egypt http://timesonline.typepad.co...
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/19 23:59:13
    Deactivated
    +1
    you're seducing me and teaching me stuff at the same time babe...it's so freaking hot...♥
  • Witness Deactiv... 2011/03/20 00:23:17
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/20 00:25:46
    Deactivated
    +1
    ohh my so hot...♥
  • Witness Deactiv... 2011/03/20 00:26:29
    Witness
    +1
    Hey did you get my new question...if so send it to al your friends
  • Deactiv... Witness 2011/03/20 00:40:27
    Deactivated
    +1
    yeah I got the question...I'm sending it to all 1,324 now of my friends...you so owe me babe...♥

2014/10/22 20:20:38