Show Me the Money, Haiti by Bill O'Reilly THIS IS A DISGRACE to me as well Cat!!

Cat 2011/01/22 19:29:38

Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly

Show Me the Money, Haiti

Get America by Heart by Sarah Palin FREE!Click Here!

So now we're back to ground zero, literally. A few weeks after
the attacks on 9/11, actor George Clooney and a bunch of celebrities
fronted a telethon to raise money for the families of the victims. It
was a well-intentioned project that raised about $150 million.

Unfortunately,
the distribution of the money was somewhat chaotic, and I led the
charge to have the celebrities pressure the charities to be more
transparent about where the funds were going. Clooney took umbrage at my
request, and a big controversy ensued.

Now we have the charity
debacle in Haiti. A year after the devastating earthquake that killed
more than 300,000 people, more than a million Haitians are still living
in the streets. This despite the fact that the United States alone has
sent almost $2 billion to that nation. Another $10 billion has been
pledged by other countries, but it is impossible to track that money.

The
brutal truth is that no one knows where much of the aid designated to
help the Haitians is. There is absolutely no transparency and little
accountability. Dozens of brand-new donated trucks sit idle at the
Port-au-Prince airport because the Haitian government wants thousands of
dollars in "import duties" before it will allow the trucks to transport
vital goods to the suffering people. That's just one example of the
madness going on.

Presidents Clinton and Bush the Younger headed
up the private relief effort in America, which raised $53 million for
Haiti. In the middle of a wicked recession, Americans gave their
hard-earned money to help people they will never meet. I asked Bush if
he knows why there has been so little progress in Haiti even after so
much money has poured in there. He said he does not know.

Clinton
will not even answer my questions, despite the fact that he has been
deeply involved with Haiti for years. We have called the "Clinton
Initiative" many times, and they say they have distributed tens of
millions of dollars to help the Haitian people and can provide documents
to back that up. But, again, once the cash arrives in Port-au-Prince,
darkness descends.

The moral question is this: Should good people
continue to send money to a place that has been corrupt for eons? The
scenes this week of Baby Doc Duvalier, the gangster former dictator of
Haiti, returning to his country after an exile in France is symbolic of
the problem. Despite all the good intentions in the world, Haiti remains
a place of squalor and hopelessness. Nothing seems to get better.

I
would like to see Clinton and Bush demand accountability from the
Haitian government right now. These guys should go on television and
call some people out. Clinton, in particular, knows what's going on, and
he has a responsibility to let us know.

It is easy to ask for money. It is much more difficult to see that it is honestly spent.

Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly is host of the Fox News show "The O'Reilly Factor" and author of "Who's Looking Out For You?" and Pinheads and Patriots.

• crumpiv 2011/01/22 22:37:03 (edited)
    crumpiv
    +12
    We could have bought the entire country for the $2 billion we gave and then built a decent home for every family in that country with half of the remaining $10 billion pledged from other countries.

I'm surprised the top lib's haven't proposed this yet. They could put them all on welfare and then make all kinds of promises of more free stuff. Hell

• Old Salt 2011/01/25 19:43:52 (edited)
  • teigan 2011/01/25 04:55:18
    teigan
    +2
    Would you believe that Sean Penn just received an award for all the good work he's done there? Unbelievable. No, non of my hard earned money goes to any country but my own, Americans need to put thier country first and foremost.
  • Cat teigan 2011/01/31 02:40:05
  • MarinerFH 2011/01/25 01:42:20
  • Old Salt MarinerFH 2011/01/25 19:46:26
  • MarinerFH Old Salt 2011/01/25 21:14:37
  • Cat MarinerFH 2011/01/31 02:40:39
    Cat
    +1
    Papa Doc is BACK
  • MarinerFH Cat 2011/01/31 04:13:05
  • NidStyles 2011/01/24 23:32:55
    NidStyles
    +2
    Campaign for Liberty has been following this issue very closely.
  • BlueMax372 2011/01/24 15:01:02 (edited)
    BlueMax372
    +2
    Are we sure the money even arrived in Haiti and wasn't "diverted" to Obie's Vatican bank account?
  • Cat BlueMax372 2011/01/25 01:23:42
  • XZQZQ 2011/01/23 12:27:55
    XZQZQ
    +3
    I would be surprised if even 5% of the money raised made it to the poor SOBs we see in the pics.....
  • TCFla 2011/01/23 09:33:43
    TCFla
    +4
    Excuse the expression beforehand but Haiti is FUBAR.
  • Patriot Unit 2011/01/23 03:41:49
    Patriot Unit
    +3
    Well, just like every other country we have tried to help, be it mostly on or own, or by the UN. Nobody gets fed, no new housing goes up, nobody gets the medical help they need.
    It never reaches those that need it, because their corrupt governments steal it. I for one would like to see an accounting of all accounts in all countries we have helped. And that we use those to decide if any further help is granted. Places like Haiti need military to distribute everything, and not the government of any other country, including the UN.
  • jasmine1 2011/01/22 23:28:23
    jasmine1
    +2
    The money is stolen by their politicians. Our government gives them a great deal of money and Americans contribute only to have it disappear. However, here at home we have major disasters and the federal government turns a blind eye and says "you are on your own". This makes no sense to me. As a taxpayer I want my money to stay in the USA and not go to some corrupt government. Charity begins at home. STOP FOREIGN AID OF ANY KIND!
  • seadog6608PWCM 2011/01/22 22:39:32
  • MisterD 2011/01/22 22:38:07
    MisterD
    +6
    And, what's wrong with accounting for the use of the charity dollars? I would hate to know the exact figure that the US has poured into this latrine since the early 20th century. I can't contribute more here. Haiti has been this way for so long!
  • crumpiv 2011/01/22 22:37:03 (edited)
    crumpiv
    +12

• crumpiv crumpiv 2011/01/22 22:39:01
    crumpiv
    +5
    It's better than amnesty and more votes.
  • Cat crumpiv 2011/01/25 01:25:00
    Cat
    +2
    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JohnDavidBurling 2011/01/22 22:17:11
    JohnDavidBurling
    +3
    Between crap like that, and the government taking all they can from us, no wonder charities are having such a hard time getting funds to actually help people.
  • busyboots 2011/01/22 22:13:30 (edited)
    busyboots
    +6
    Gee, Clinton (the male) in the middle of something that appears somewhat shady. What a surprise. No more money until what has already been sent, has been accounted for. It is not fair to the suffering and dying people of Haiti. Just one more example (regarding the Fed.Gov'ts.humanitarium donation) of how inefficient the Gov't. is with our tax dollars.
  • miller51550 2011/01/22 22:12:40
    miller51550
    +3
    Unfortunately this is THE TRUTH in any of these situations. Whenever you are dealing with the majority of FOREIGN governments the majority of the donations NEVER reach those intended victims..

And our government knows that.. and the majority of those gaining their moment of GLORY saying they are making a difference KNOW that.

It would be better and cheaper.. if those fools on the Hill passed a bill. THAT required the US Govenment supervise and support how the donations would be spent, or given to those they are intended for.

We would provide ARMED TROOPS, Military Vehicles.. and military support systems to get the goods and funds TO THE PEOPLE. by passing the crooks and government officials.

THAT support would be our donation price, more capital..

Military would be able to used FORCE if necessary to protect the citizens, funds and supplies.

.
  • poppaw38 2011/01/22 21:19:38
    poppaw38
    +3
    Personally, Because It Has Been A Clinton / Bush Program, I Never Contributed A Penny.
    Ever since I Was A Small Boy, I Have seen many Disasters, Around the WORLD,And Here In
    The Good Old United States of America, And I Have read of The Corruption In All The programs.
    That have been Started To " EASE THE PAIN"!, Only Too later Hear Anout The Coruption,.
    When I Was in school, I Gave To The March of dimes , And I gave to The Polio Drive, And now Polio is Practically None Existant. Then As I Grew Older ,We Got the M.D. Program By Jerry Lewis,Which I Belived In All of thise Programs,And Never Heard of any Coruption, Except , I
    Worked As a Volunteer for M.D. When I Worked in the local Fire Department, I Found Out One
    Of the firemen And his Wife were both Local chairpeople For M.D. and both of them were being
    Paid By M.D. for their services, After Which I Stopped Volunteering.
    I Belived If The rest of us Firemen were Volunteering our time , It Was Arong For Him to be PAID.
    Call it what you Want to,But I Could not be associated In the program,Having that knowledge.
    And as I get older,I Have Decided not to br involved,In those programs.
    And I No Longer,Belive In Foreign Aid Programs,Period...
    I Would like For The Government To Get Out of Foreign Aid Period,All it is Is A Political Prog...

I Would like For The Government To Get Out of Foreign Aid Period,All it is Is A Political Program,
    By The Goverment,To Try And make The People in the disaster Area To like Us,Which They,May
    Or May Not,As far as the people,But Their Government Hates our People.
    And The Clinton / Bush Prople are just too cozy for me.So in closeing,
    To Heck with Foreign Aid,There are people right here in the United States of America,Who Need
    Our help More Than The Foteigners Do,And We Don't Do Very much for Our OWN,
    I Really Am Concerned For Starveing Sick people Everywhere,And I Help When I Can, But I
    Will only Help When I Can And Give to The Salvation Army,Because They Have Helped Me When I Needed Help.YES, They Get paid too,But You Can pretty well depend on them to do their
    Job,When needed.....
  • busyboots poppaw38 2011/01/22 22:26:02
    busyboots
    +2
    The Salvation Army's leader is getting an amazingly low amount of pay for what he does. All the rest of the money goes to the operations of The Salvation Army. I have donated my time to the "Sally" in the past.
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2011/01/22 21:14:42
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +7
    This is why I won't send one dime over there...It does not go where it is suppose to...
  • poppaw38 Gracie ... 2011/01/22 21:49:11
    poppaw38
    +4
    Yes Gracie! , I Found Out , When I Was Volunteering For M.D. Less Than 70 % Actually Goes to the People Who need It,The REST30% goes into " Administration Services"
    And That still does not set well with Me.
    In the years Sincr I Worked in the Fire Department, I Have Driven a TRUCK All over these United States, And I Have Bought many Meals for the Homeless, Never Gave them money,Because I'm Sure some of them were Drug Addicts,And I Will not support Their Addictions,So I Buy them food.
    And I know for sure Where The money goes. On More than one occasion I Paid For Motel Rooms For A Family,To Be out of the Heat or Cold.,But again I was Thankful I Could Help...
  • Gracie ... poppaw38 2011/01/22 21:52:14
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +4
    It is sickening,we have our own people we can help here,and we can see where our money goes. I feel terrible for those people over there but we can't change how crooked their Government is,all we can do is cut them off!
  • beachbum 2011/01/22 20:39:37
    beachbum
    +6
    I'll tell you where the money is - in the pockets of the elite political leaders, and little anywhere else.
  • PHS 2011/01/22 20:35:03
    PHS
    +4
    It is unconscionable that the donations that the American people gave to help these people is unaccounted for. What of the billions of tax dollars that were given? This is all too familar. I feel the same way about the thousands each year I donate to the Federal Government without knowing where it is going.
  • santa6642 2011/01/22 20:33:44
    santa6642
    +7
    it is being skimmed by the greedy politicians.
  • Rabbit 2011/01/22 20:27:44
    Rabbit
    +5
    The money for Haiti is being skimed. Who really knows how much money is recieved by Haiti after the skimmers are through with it? The answer is of course, Clinton. There has to be an investigation, but you won't see that as long as the Clintons and the Obamas are in bed together. If power corrupts, then money is the motivator and fuel for the corrupt left. clintons obamas bed power corrupts money motivator fuel corrupt obamas clintons clintons obamas bed power corrupts money motivator fuel corrupt obamas clintons
  • booboo Rabbit 2011/01/22 21:21:23
    booboo
    +3
    I vomited in my mouth when I saw this picture.
  • Rabbit booboo 2011/01/24 07:58:47
    Rabbit
    Y? Is that something you do regularly? regularly vomit
  • booboo Rabbit 2011/01/25 03:18:03
    booboo
    No!!!!!
  • Cat booboo 2011/01/31 02:42:54
  • paul 2011/01/22 20:27:23 (edited)
    paul
    +2
    I find this disturbing as well. In the past we have had former Presidents like George H with Bill Clinton on TV asking to send money to these country's that suffered hardship. I checked up on the Clinton/Bush Fund and it was written up as being of good standing. Like many Americans I realized what it could be like to have a hungry infant in your arms and not have any diapers or even a dry roll of toilet paper. I too am watching every nickel I spend lately and gave $30. Now I read that Haitian thugs are taking advantage of this situation by shaking down the people in small communities for what ever goods they may have to survive.
    US citizens will always come through when the chips are down. Helping people is one of the thing Americans are very proud of. Haitians were dancing in their streets when you were elected Mr President. Where are you now for them?
  • ThomasSnouffer 2011/01/22 20:25:02
    ThomasSnouffer
    +1
    "So now we're back to ground zero, literally. A few weeks after
    was a well-intentioned project that raised about $150 million."

A disgrace? Sure. A surprise? Come on! Nobody can see the correlation of Aid money and the (admittedly something LESS than triumphant) return of Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier as soon as he came to realize "....his country needed him!"?

A corrupt government official--be they from Haiti, the Congo, or Mexico--can pick up the scent of a single yankee dollar with a sense of smell that would make a shark's sense of blood-in-the-water (as well as probably its "table manners") PALE in comparison!

I HAVE sympathy for the PEOPLE of Haiti, just as I have sympathy for the PEOPLE of other countries where disasters have occurred. Simply providing these countries with unmanaged funds will accomplish no more than to enrich the filth such as "rule" their governments.
  • busyboots ThomasS... 2011/01/22 22:31:19
    busyboots
    +2
    Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier has returned to get his paws on all that money. Simple as that. The man is a criminal & con artist.
  • ThomasS... busyboots 2011/01/22 22:38:00
    ThomasSnouffer
    +1
    Like a rat to cheese, my friend; Like a rat to cheese!

2014/11/22 10:19:48