Should We Suspend Aid to Countries That Attack U.S. Embassies?

Chris D 2012/09/13 18:21:21
The U.S. helps save the Egyptian people from the tyrant Mubarak -- and then radicals attack our embassy. We help Libya free themselves of the horrific Muammar Gaddafi, and they storm our embassy and murder our diplomats. Should the US suspend aid to the countries that commit these crimes?

FOXNEWS.COM reports:
Lawmakers and other officials stepped up calls Thursday for the United States to put heavy pressure on the governments whose people are storming U.S. diplomatic posts across the Middle East and North Africa -- even if it means freezing aid and expelling diplomats from Washington.

posts middle east north africa freezing aid expelling diplomats washington

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/13/lawmake...

• Tuna 2012/09/13 19:33:13
    Tuna
    +26
    End ALL foreign aid and watch how quickly the anti-American sentiment dries up." ron paul

• john 2012/09/14 21:16:54
    john
    +4
    don't give to the enemy
  • TasselLady 2012/09/14 21:03:09 (edited)
    TasselLady
    +7
    In fact, let's STOP the aid altogether. People who bomb our embassies don't deserve any aide at all. Let's wake up people.
  • Nate French 2012/09/14 20:57:45
    Nate French
    +2
    I did NOT mean to click "yes" ... My answer is "sometimes" (I cannot change my click now.)

The "countries" are not what's attacking embassies, so the question is invalid as it is asked. Absinthe Drinker states my opinion perfectly:

"It should probably be contingent on the actions of that countries government after the fact.

"If they follow up, investigate, find the ring leaders and punish them, I would say that is a relation worth saving.

"The United States does not wish to loose strategic relations either. A rival nation might move in after the fact and reap more benefits from the relation than we could. We have not laid down all the groundwork for that to happen."
  • SunShine Nate Fr... 2012/09/14 23:20:57
    SunShine
    +1
    but the country needs to control radicals in their boundaries.. that's how it will happen.. or not.
  • Zhu Bajie (Pigsy) 2012/09/14 20:41:49 (edited)
    Sometimes
    Zhu Bajie (Pigsy)
    +2
    It should probably be contingent on the actions of that countries government.

If they follow up, investigate, find the ring leaders and punish them, I would say that is a relation worth saving.

The United States does not wish to loose strategic relations either. A rival nation might move in after the fact and reap more benefits from the relation than we could. We have not laid down all the groundwork for that to happen.
  • Stiffy 2012/09/14 20:37:00
    Sometimes
    Stiffy
    +1
    well, picking "sometimes" seemed fair.
    BUT:
    If KSA produced a movie that's extremely odious and insulting and offending and DEGRADING of 'someone', say ABRAHAM LINCOLN OR JESUS CHRIST (PBUH)(and they would never)! Or someone revered, someone that SHAPED SOCIETY- That important. Someone pious, good, good in all sense. Someone (to me and to all us muslims) like Mohammed (PBUH).

what would the american people say or do or what would the christians of the world say or do? Unfortunately i think religions, other than Islam, are somewhat lenient when it comes to people insulting their beliefs.I think...there was once a video about Jesus Christ... an insulting one. I think Christians were really upset (As they have every right to be).

now, I'm not saying:
    KILL THEM! - ALL OF THOSE NON-MUSLIM PEOPLE IN THE EMBASSIES 'CAUSE THEY ARE...? THAT'S RIGHT: AMERICANS! AND THE MOVIE WAS AMERICAN - no 7abeebee, those are PEOPLE you are killing. Lives you are ending. YOU can't END someone's LIFE. UNDERSTAND THAT.
    It's NOT up to YOU, because YOU are not Allah (SWT); the people in the embassy, did they produce the movie? direct it? sponsor it? watch its trailer on TV? EAT Cereal in the morning? Have two kids? a wife? Parents? friends?
    YOU don't know any of those answers!
    Still, you BARGE in...

well, picking "sometimes" seemed fair.
    BUT:

now, I'm not saying:
    YOU don't know any of those answers!
    Still, you BARGE in there and start firing?!
    What would Mohammed (PBUH) have done? hmmmm? FOLLOW him and his creed, THEN defend him please.
    And the dumb thing is, THEY'RE NOT KILLING OR HARMING THE MOVIE PRODUCER OR THE ACTOR OR THE (really nasty- i hate you SO much) SCRIP WRITER? THEY ARE MURDERING INNOCENT PEOPLE!? Yes, trashing american embassies is symbolic of our rejection and hatred, but what about the people? No one had to die or yet has to die?

YES, it WAS very, very, INFINITESIMALLY offending and angering and revolting and despicable and disrespectful and all-the-nasty-words-in-the-di... yes, that's true BUT ... you're going to KILL people who played NO PART in making that nauseating movie and say it's right? No, i don't agree with you.

Now, to America, YOUR record in history isn't exactly SLATE-CLEAN, you know. Oh yes, you've done crimes...
    but the hard truth is: DO NOT MESS WITH FORCES YOU CANNOT CONTROL.
    The entire WORLD knows how MUSLIMS take offense. And we have every right to feel offended and insulted and mocked and belittled as we truly and purposefully were. The film SHOULDN'T have been made. As i have mentioned before, other religions maybe lenient, but obviously, not our religion. AND YOU PRODUCER/SCRIPTWRITER/ACTOR/T... also knew. Maybe (emphasis on the maybe) other believers don't feel insult when a dagger is thrown right into what they believe in. yeah, sure, they won't mind you making a filthy movie (This is hypothetical Mind you). But YOU know that THIS hurts us. And yet, you DO it?
    I really HATE saying this, but America, by allowing idiots to 'freely' do what they want, there'll ALWAYS be consequences.
    in conclusion, trash embassies if you must but don't KILL ANYONE.
    Plus, in Qatar (here) we have an American Embassy, I'M NOT TRASHING IT.
    TO ALL OF YOU MUSLIMS WHO DEPLORE THE MANUFACTURE OF SUCH A CHEAP-SHOT MOVIE, we know WHO the insult is directed to, and we know that all will eventually GET what they deserve. so don't sweat over some sewage-mouthed people and rest your feet in a tub of cold water and relaaaaaaaax....
  • scbluesman13 2012/09/14 20:22:57
    scbluesman13
    +2
    Our US embassy in Libya was not attacked by a country, or by rioters. It was attacked by Al Qaeda operatives that held recruitment and training headquarters in Derma, just east of Benghazi. It's also worth noting that even the protestors, as much as it has captured our TV and youtube screens over the last few days, account for a very very small number of people in those 11 middle eastern countries.

Foreign aid has a host of its own problems, both economic and social, and while I think our government should absolutely reform how and why we give out foreign aid, this would not be one of the reasons.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/09/14 19:44:15
    heirsoftheking
    +7
    End the foreign aid by yesterday, if not sooner.
  • JoeLove~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/14 19:34:34
    Sometimes
    JoeLove~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    If the governments do nothing, or do too little, too late, then yes suspend aid until they act responsibly.

If the governments step in quickly and stop the hostilities, make arrests and actually prosecute the perps then continue aid.
  • Roberta Richardson 2012/09/14 19:22:43
    Roberta Richardson
    +4
    If they can't control their people and the violence, then we should not give them one cent.
  • john richardson 2012/09/14 18:44:14
    john richardson
    +2
    According to libs we deserve the attacks because of conserves in this country, their answer is give them billions of dollars and beg for forgivness for our American values
  • Quazimoto 2012/09/14 18:40:49
    Quazimoto
    +5
    Why would I want to give money to someone knowing that they are going to buy a gun and shoot me with it. Only people in Washington are that stupid.
  • Nat Turner 2012/09/14 18:31:37
    Nat Turner
    +4
    Why should we have to pay for them? And they are killing our loved ones.
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/14 18:30:20
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Not only should we cease sending them aid, we should send them the bill for helping them gain their freedom.
  • garyt212 CMackle... 2012/09/15 05:44:11
  • Ian 2012/09/14 18:24:00
    Ian
    +4
    Yes,how many time have we seen this happen.
  • Kurt 2012/09/14 18:00:19
    Kurt
    +7
    Let all the bastards that attack our country starve to death before we help them.
  • Tom 2012/09/14 17:58:35 (edited)
  • CMackle... Tom 2012/09/14 18:33:23
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Indeed. Here's your gift package you ungrateful asshats! boomer sub missle launch
  • Nat Turner Tom 2012/09/14 18:41:47
    Nat Turner
    That was a joke...wasn't it?
  • Tom Nat Turner 2012/09/14 19:15:49
    Tom
    +1
    Yes and no.
    I'd rather give them nothing; but choosing between foreign aid and a missile down their throats, I choose the missile.
    Foreign aid to countries whose population hates us makes us look like fools.
    It's time for the big stick, since Obama's big mouth hasn't gotten us anywhere.
  • heirsof... Tom 2012/09/14 18:44:03
    heirsoftheking
    +2
    Here's my gift to them:
    nuclear explosion
  • Singerar heirsof... 2012/09/14 22:20:20
    Singerar
    Said like a True "Christian" Drag Queen!!!!

You do realize the majority of the population is not Al Qaida? Terrorist have started this! The Civilians don't want this. Libya worked hard to get a democracy and a few thousand of horribly rotten eggs, will possibly ruin this for the population!

Yeah, Nuke the women and Children....right....

When you say sh$t like this, you are no better than Al Qaida!
  • zcberry 2012/09/14 17:45:34
    zcberry
    +3
    That is part of the reason, we are paying for it now!!!!!
  • Deep007 zcberry 2012/09/14 18:30:39
    Deep007
    +4
    Its Obummers Muslim Brotherhood we are being sacrificed to now. Barack is a lying thieving Muslim fool and Michelle doesn't care as long as she gets money and vacation while
    the rest of us are BROKE. Everything is WORSE
    WAKE UP
  • Nat Turner Deep007 2012/09/14 18:45:07
    Nat Turner
    +1
    I can't see barack going along with muslim corruption, brotherhood or not!
  • Deep007 Nat Turner 2012/09/15 00:20:46
    Deep007
    +3
    or course you can't ... HE DID IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FREAKING EYES http://www.youtube.com/watch?... Go to minute 11:00 and WATCH
    and is still doing it..
    Heh heh heh
  • james2013 Nat Turner 2012/09/15 00:29:28
    james2013
    +2
    Sorry but you just can't SEE!
  • heirsof... Deep007 2012/09/14 18:46:45 (edited)
    heirsoftheking
    +5
    And notice it's called the Muslim BROTHER-hood, not the Muslim SIBLING-hood. Talk about a war on women, they treat women like this:
    excrement
  • Singerar heirsof... 2012/09/14 22:22:27
    Singerar
    And how do the Fundamentalists Christians see you?
  • zcberry Deep007 2012/09/14 19:53:13
    zcberry
    +1
    Obama has nothing to do with this one..........
  • Deep007 zcberry 2012/09/15 00:23:34 (edited)
    Deep007
    +2
    SUCKERS..
    he treats 'black' Americans like the SUCKERS they are... he know stupid when he smells it..
    did you forget ....Obama sent in our military to kill Gaddafi..
    to depose Mubarak...
    and now the regimes he put in place kills AMERICANS... and oh... since yer so racist... 'Black' Americans TOO.
  • zcberry Deep007 2012/09/15 12:18:48
    zcberry
    Ima put it like this, Obama is not to blame for everything that goes wrong in the muslim community. I am not of fan of politics, myself, however, we need to really look at the real issues.
  • Deep007 zcberry 2012/09/16 15:11:34
    Deep007
    +1
    -I am not of fan of politics,-
    nope .. yer just RACIST...
    kissing Obummers butt cause he supposed to be 'black'....
    it's disgraceful. This carpetbagger is RUINING yer country right in front of yer face.. and you'll make EXCUSES for him.. just cause he's supposed to be 'black'..
    i bet the last person to rip you off was 'black'.. so WTF.. get yer head out of yer ass... RACE HAS NO BEARING ON HONESTY... he's using this 'black' thing while everyone in this country is MORE broke than ever... He's an idiot, a LIAR and now a MURDERER. He is a baby killing, gay marriage approving, Illegal Alien for votes loving (all the things the Bible rails against) hypocrite... The 'black' community is WORSE off now than EVER. and he don't give a flying phuck as long as he and Michelle are riding on Air Force One with shiny new shoes.. You got DUPED.. its all LIES
    NOW IS YOUR TIME TO END RACISM....
  • zcberry Deep007 2012/09/16 18:05:49
    zcberry
    I am not a Obama fan either.
  • Singerar Deep007 2012/09/14 22:21:57
    Singerar
    Obama does not belong to any Muslim sect. Sorry.
  • Deep007 Singerar 2012/09/15 00:25:38
    Deep007
    +1
    Yeah.. you are SORRY.. and and repulsive too....
    watching yer countrymen DIE to protect yer pitiful lil plant job...
    disgusting
  • Singerar Deep007 2012/09/15 01:06:28
    Singerar
    What are you talking about?
  • james.b... Deep007 2012/09/15 13:45:00
    james.bowman.146
    Can you please not make all Republicans look like xenophobe racists? I am not even a Republican, but you are hurting more than helping.
  • Deep007 james.b... 2012/09/16 15:18:42
    Deep007
    "Can you please not make all Republicans look like xenophobe racists"

Riddle me this... How can a person be so dumb as call me a racist for labeling Obummer an murderer when my freaking picture (with my 'black' face) is right in front of their eyes before they even type a word.
    Answer: They must be a Liberal...since all Liberals lie... they think everyone else does too.
    -I swear, if Liberals couldn't be DUMB, you couldn't make them-

2014/11/28 05:41:52