Should we go back to the old way of electing the POTUS? The person with the most votes is POTUS and the 2nd most vote is the VP?

XENON23 2012/03/08 04:41:44
YES
NO

Read More: http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common...

• bmacklowe 2012/04/07 19:37:17
    NO
    bmacklowe
    +1
    This caused too much confusion when it was done originally. Elections were sent to Congress to be settled. We want that to be a rare occurance, not an all-the-time thing. Elections have been very close in some recent elections. Better to have the parties choose their tickets. Actually, I do think you could have the parties go back to separate ballots for President and VP (at their conventions), rather than the top nominee choosing his or her own VP. That might work, but not in the general election.
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/03/09 02:14:06
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    I don't know if I would go that far... However, we should go back to the days when Senator's should be appointed by the Governor of the State's, every six years.. And can be recalled by the Governor. Loyalty should be to the State, not the party...
  • Crankney - PKM 2012/03/08 14:51:56
    YES
    Crankney - PKM
    +1
    I like that idea!
  • Lisa~in~Texas 2012/03/08 14:01:01
    YES
    Lisa~in~Texas
    +2
    I really can't imagine getting stuck with Biden right now. At least with Obie, we know he's a lying, evil sack of sh*t. With Biden, we would have to add stupid to the equation.
  • Kevin Verdone 2012/03/08 05:18:05
    NO
    Kevin Verdone
    +1
    Can you imagine what would happen if there was a GOP VP like McCain) during Obama's first term? The VP would constantly undermine and disagree with the President publicly. Especially now, the GOP is dead set on making Obama look bad. It would only make gridlock worse.
  • bmacklowe Kevin V... 2012/04/07 19:38:43
    bmacklowe
    +1
    That can happen even if they were from the same party.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/03/08 05:03:06
    NO
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    Didn't work the first time they tried it....why even entertain the notion?
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/03/08 04:50:57
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Just how far back do you want to go? Sure, let's just tell all the women that they aren't important enough to vote. Oh, and all those black people. They shouldn't have a voice. And by the way, if you're not white, if you don't have a penis and if you don't own property you don't need to head off to the voting booth either.

Actually, I think I get what you're saying. You'd like to do away with the electorial college system of elections. If that is what ;you're driving at, I totally agree with you. Popular vote should be the rule of the day.
  • XENON23 BlytheS... 2012/03/08 05:00:51
    XENON23
    +2
    "Just how far back do you want to go? Sure, let's just tell all the women that they aren't important enough to vote. Oh, and all those black people. They shouldn't have a voice. And by the way, if you're not white, if you don't have a penis and if you don't own property you don't need to head off to the voting booth either.

Actually, I think I get what you're saying. You'd like to do away with the electorial college system of elections. If that is what ;you're driving at, I totally agree with you. Popular vote should be the rule of the day." WHAT YOU SAID.

MY REPLY.
    Wow...that is what you got out of this question. I was only speaking of the way we pick the POTUS. I never sad a word about Women or race.

No I am still for the electoral college.

http://www.archives.gov/feder...

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/elecco...

2014/12/20 08:48:32