Should We Fear Riots if Zimmerman isn't declared 100% Innocent?

Jay Theyme 2013/06/12 10:18:26
So-Called 'White Rioters' are a Real Concern!
No, Blacks Should NOT fear retribution!
Personally, I'm worried this is already a powder keg ready to explode if we see anything short of a 100% innocent verdict in this Zimmerman trial.
You can already see the resentment brewing for simply having Zimmerman on trial in the first place.

Adding to that the blatant and subtle racism contrived against White-Hispanics, the false news reports, photos of the attacker at 12 years old, edited 911 calls and of course egging on the handful of racists in the black community who (as usual) get to misrepresent their communities at the expense of others.

Of course if Zimmerman is released 100% free and clear - the worst we will see are a few racially biased people refusing to cheer like everyone else,
however,
What really concerns me is the potential for violence if an unjust racially-motivated verdict goes against Zimmerman?
To be honest, I'd almost want to cheer if justifiably outraged crowds do tip over and burn an NBC news van or smash a few eggs off the head of the race-baiting Al Sharpton's (no, I'm not actually advocating that but I'd see why).

I'm not even that concerned about the genuine supporters who would be, understandably outraged and lashing out in righteous but measured indignation,
however,
What really worries me the most is when an infuriated mob starts degenerating into runaway senseless violence!
And as we all know - often the 'genuinely upset' are then joined and soon outnumbered by the worst kinds of vigilantes who are more interested in simply smashing the faces of anyone they can find that simply looks like a Trayon Martin!
That is when I worry about entire groups of crazy rioters making their way straight into vulnerable urban neighborhoods and (for example) laying severe beatings on any urban youth they see walking around in hoodies!

Or perhaps mobbing a car full of urban men who just so happen to be driving outside their own neighborhood. Do we want a scene where helicopter news cameras watch helplessly as they get pulled from their Escalades and have bricks bounced off their heads?

Once that kind of vengeful rage gets going we start seeing just any 'black-owned business' getting its doors kicked-in and here comes the looters (rarely involved in the cause itself but happy to appear for loot). It seems there is always an arsonist or two that decides its a good time to burn down a Democratic headquarters or black-owned business!

Next thing you know repulsive imagines of groups of big huge white guys are taking turns beating the hell out of whatever poor black guy happens to get isolated - sucker punching him, soccer-kicking him in the head while he's unconscious and pulling his pants down to spray-paint graffiti on his genitals.

Or forbid some some resentful Korean store-owners decide this is a good time to take revenge and go on mugging sprees, making any unlucky young black men lay down face first, take their wallets and then shoot the wife in the head 'just for the thrill' even if they do comply!

Well obviously those are worst-case scenarios but maybe that's necessary to 'scare us straight' into being prepared.
Do you think police have a plan in place should Zimmerman be convicted of any charges?
Should the urban districts be prepared for angry mobs on verdict day (perhaps a good day to stay locked inside your home?),
and,
Will there be rioting in the event there is no justice for Zimmerman?

Read More: http://www.gzdefensefund.com/donate/

• KoAm 2013/06/12 12:09:26
    Can't we all just get along?
    KoAm
    +3
    Some people replying here apparently didn't notice your sarcasm ... but I did! :)

• Geenie Nabottle 2013/06/12 21:44:10 (edited)
    Can't we all just get along?
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    This has got to be the biggest dumbest pile of steaming horse shyt I've ever read. Sarcastic or not.

To anyone who finds this kind of sarcasm "cute" or "funny", name any other riots that have broken out as a result of a racially charged court case outcomes in the last 20-30 years other than the Rodney King Case, which is the only instance you losers point to.

Oh wait you can't... Because there aren't any.

But I can name TONS of riots that have broken out as a result of college sports losses, hockey games & punk/metal concerts during that same time frame!
  • Jay Theyme Geenie ... 2013/06/12 21:53:27
    Jay Theyme
    Once again you have inappropriate responses to the 'wrong questions' but let's take a look at something that, in itself, is entirely true:

"But I can name TONS of riots that have broken out as a result of college sports losses, hockey games & punk/metal concerts!"

Yes, exactly my point.
    If Zimmerman is forced to take a 'race-based charge' you can well imagine both genuinely offended people tipping over NBC News Van's and throwing chairs at any of the so-called 'Black Spokespeople',
    but,
    Yes, you can very well imagine outrageous crowds joining in and perhaps seeing a car full of young black men who 'remind them of the Martin family - maybe dragging them out for a beating?
    And again - it doesn't take much (as you can imagine from hockey riots etc) before the obnoxious destroyers show up to burn down a 'Black Nightclub' and start kicking the hell out of anyone they think is against their side.

Yep, there hasn't been many racially charged riots lately. They don't happen that often (thank God) but when they do they are horrific.
    So you think the police are doing enough to prepare for the possibility?
  • Geenie ... Jay Theyme 2013/06/12 22:23:25
    Geenie Nabottle
    I guess you think your prejudice is appropriately veiled in sarcasm or what ever the hell you call it.

NEWS FLASH! IT'S NOT!

You're about as subtle as a bull in a china shop.
  • Jay Theyme Geenie ... 2013/06/12 22:39:28
    Jay Theyme
    Stop avoiding the simple question:
    - Do you think enough precautions are being taken to prevent possibly rioting over a Zimmerman guilty charge?

This isn't some 'trick question'. Its a simple question inviting your view.
    Try it.
  • Geenie ... Jay Theyme 2013/06/12 23:24:28
    Geenie Nabottle
    I have confidence that the police are prepared as they were with the Casey Anthony trial for appropriate crowd control.
  • Jay Theyme Geenie ... 2013/06/12 23:38:08
    Jay Theyme
    So that wasn't an answer.
    Unless you think that level of preparedness is enough for a potentially bad Zimmerman verdict?

And if you do think that is enough - are YOU prepared to stand outside the courthouse and make it known you support an anti-Zimmerman verdict?
    Personally, I'd be worried about your safety. I could easily imagine you getting bitchslapped on camera until you say 'sorry' (or until police stop them).
  • Geenie ... Jay Theyme 2013/06/12 23:42:03
    Geenie Nabottle
    You're a loser that's being ignored 'eh!
  • Jay Theyme Geenie ... 2013/06/13 02:37:15
    Jay Theyme
    When will that start?

*Hopefully soon.
  • KoAm 2013/06/12 12:09:26
    Can't we all just get along?
    KoAm
    +3
    Can't we all just get along?
    +1
    IMHO even if they could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman WAS innocent, they would have to convict him anyways, and even then that would not stop the rioting.
  • HatrickPenry (babaji) 2013/06/12 11:27:53
  • KoAm Hatrick... 2013/06/12 12:07:50
    KoAm
    Umm ... I think the person who posted the question was being sarcastic.
  • Hatrick... KoAm 2013/06/12 12:24:08
    Can't we all just get along?
    +1
    time will tell
  • SeaseaRider 2013/06/12 11:09:08
    No, Blacks Should NOT fear retribution!
    SeaseaRider
    no guts
  • betz 2013/06/12 10:29:24 (edited)
    Can't we all just get along?
    betz
    Let's pray that if he is found innocent that people remain calm....and that holds true if he is found guilty.
  • MichaelJ 2013/06/12 10:23:24
    Can't we all just get along?
    MichaelJ
    +2
    The only thing that will surprise me is if the feds don't come up with something to charge him with if he is found innocent. As we have seen before if the favored sections of our populace aren't satisfied with a particular verdict our leaders will simply keep charging someone until they get a verdict they like.
  • Jay Theyme MichaelJ 2013/06/12 10:26:55
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    His brother was doing the radio shows yesterday expressing that exact same concern. It's suggested that this entire trial is basically just a way to do just that. Charge him with huge outrageous offenses and then the 'relatively smaller' charges appear acceptable.
  • MichaelJ Jay Theyme 2013/06/12 10:36:22
    MichaelJ
    It wouldn't be the first time they have done that sort of thing. The most memorable was the Rodney King trial. The police were found innocent of the charges, right or wrong that should have been it but no the feds came back and charged them with violation of Constitutional rights and convicted them.
  • Geenie ... MichaelJ 2013/06/12 21:38:54
    Geenie Nabottle
    The most memorable huh.... Name any other riot that broke out as a result of the outcome of a court case in te last 20-30 years. Can you?

2014/12/22 10:01:00