Should they leave "under God" in the pledge?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2013/02/26 22:09:31
Related Topics: God, Hell, Under God

• Hippygirl 2013/03/31 22:45:31
    No, it might offend a handful of people.
    Hippygirl
    they never should have added it.
  • Ally 2013/03/29 04:12:10
    Hell yes!!
    Ally
    People just want to take God out of everything and that is sad.
  • scharschell 2013/03/29 00:03:05
    Hell yes!!
    scharschell
    what ever god is yours is the you you say it to i am pagan
  • Bobby 48 2013/03/28 21:13:50
  • Jon the Flamer 2013/03/28 21:11:39
    Jon the Flamer
    I personally don't care for the pledge either way. It's something about the phrase, "I pledge allegiance to the flag....." that just rubs my brain the wrong way. I used to get in trouble for not saying it along with my classmates, but I did stand up and put my hand over my heart.
  • scbluesman13 2013/03/28 21:05:42
    scbluesman13
    +1
    This nation was founded as a pluralistic, secular nation. No ifs, ands, or buts. It should be out of the pledge, and off of our currency.
  • Illjwamh 2013/03/28 18:00:15
    Illjwamh
    It was only added during the McCarthy era to make us seem as un-Communist as possible. It is not all-inclusive, as there are plenty of people in this country who do not believe in God - and I'm not just talking about atheists, either.
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2013/03/28 16:09:45
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    +2
    No, because not everyone believes in God. "Under God" makes the whole thing slightly religious.
  • No One 2013/03/28 16:07:02
    No One
    +3
    What is hypocritical about many conservatives is that they get vary offended over some things such as abortion and gay marriage but then act like only they have the right to get offended over something.
  • elvira 2013/03/27 20:30:39
    Hell yes!!
    elvira
    ABSOLUTELY!!!
  • Ron2012 2013/03/27 09:20:48 (edited)
    Ron2012
    +4
    Some people want government to stay out of their lives but they have no problem with government being involved when it comes to religion, many want a "Christian" prayer back in the schools, despite the fact millions of Americans are not Christian, they want these little mottos about God on the currency and in the pledge of allegiance . If you are a true believer you don't need reminding by the government. Build a place of worship on every corner if you want , just keep the government out of it. That is my opinion on the subject for what it's worth.
  • blissful 2013/03/27 04:12:27
    Hell yes!!
    blissful
    +1
    We are all under God no-matter the nation. The is a higher power out there.
  • Zoe Michele 2013/03/26 19:49:16
    Hell yes!!
    Zoe Michele
    It is part of our heritage if not everyone's beliefs
  • Tony 2013/03/26 19:34:58
    Hell yes!!
    Tony
    Just because it pisses off some people
  • Drageona 2013/03/26 19:13:21
    Hell yes!!
    Drageona
    Why can't they leave things alone like they are.
  • Clay Sl... Drageona 2013/03/28 16:21:46
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    Why couldnt the religious nuts have left it alone in the first place.. ??? Under god was not there in the original..
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2013/03/26 18:56:31
    Hell yes!!
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    screw "political correctness" :)
  • kmay 2013/03/26 18:35:58
    Hell yes!!
    kmay
    Indeed
    Hell yes!!
    +1
    It doesn't bother me at all, the only people upset are the liberal PC jerk offs who get their sensitive feeling hurt by anything at all and atheists.
  • Miss Yuki 2013/03/26 15:49:42
    Miss Yuki
    +3
    Official versions
    (changes in bold italics)
    1892
    "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    1892 to 1923
    "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    1924 to 1954
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one Nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

Bring back the original one. Not everyone believe in the same things
  • Cookie Monster 2013/03/26 15:44:26
    Hell yes!!
    Cookie Monster
    Yes because there's people of all religions or people that are not religious.
  • taylordoesntdeserve 2013/03/26 15:15:35
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    It's a bit presumptuous.
  • trip1772 2013/03/26 15:08:52
    Hell yes!!
    trip1772
    And I don't really care who gets offended by it. This country was founded of Christian beliefs and it worked for hundreds of years, until non believers started changing things because they thought their way was better...now look at us!! Yeah we're better alright, we're just full of sunshine and bubbles aren't we!!
  • Clay Sl... trip1772 2013/03/28 16:22:46 (edited)
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    WRONG! It was not the non believers that meddled into everything and changed it.. The world has been ruled by religious BS long enough.. Look at the mess it has caused... LMAO
  • trip1772 Clay Sl... 2013/03/28 17:17:01
    trip1772
    Oh yeah, us Christians have just ruined everything!! Yeah you're right...I see it now. (major sarcasm) NOT!!! Did we have all the violence in the schools back when you could still pray in school? that's a big NO!! Every sense we have started taking God out of everything, this great nation has gone down hill. And it's only getting worse.

"Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville (1805-1859)
  • modurhead 2013/03/26 15:07:45
    modurhead
    under god/gods/goddess whatever.
  • Jerry 2013/03/26 13:49:30
    Hell yes!!
    Jerry
    +1
    Which God?
    Some people don't believe in God.
  • Hakking 2013/03/26 13:31:23
  • Darth Vermin 2013/03/26 12:58:10
  • Hippygirl Darth V... 2013/03/31 23:14:19
    Hippygirl
    I think that you are wrong about that being that it was a Baptist minister who wrote the pledge and he left the words under god out. He and his family strongly disagreed with it being added.
  • Giannna 2013/03/26 12:39:49
    Hell yes!!
    Giannna
    +1
    thats the way it started that is the way it should stay ...
  • Hakking Giannna 2013/03/26 13:34:07
  • TuringsChild 2013/03/26 12:14:48
    TuringsChild
    It would definitely 'offend' George Washington. From his Inaugural Address:

Such being the impressions under which I have, in obedience to the public summons, repaired to the present station, it would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes, and may enable every instrument employed in its administration to execute with success the functions allotted to his charge. In tendering this homage to the Great Author of every public and private good, I assure myself that it expresses your sentiments not less than my own, nor those of my fellow-citizens at large less than either. No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the Invisible Hand which conducts the affairs of men more than those of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency; and in the important revolution just accomplished in the syste...

Such being the impressions under which I have, in obedience to the public summons, repaired to the present station, it would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes, and may enable every instrument employed in its administration to execute with success the functions allotted to his charge. In tendering this homage to the Great Author of every public and private good, I assure myself that it expresses your sentiments not less than my own, nor those of my fellow-citizens at large less than either. No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the Invisible Hand which conducts the affairs of men more than those of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency; and in the important revolution just accomplished in the system of their united government the tranquil deliberations and voluntary consent of so many distinct communities from which the event has resulted can not be compared with the means by which most governments have been established without some return of pious gratitude, along with an humble anticipation of the future blessings which the past seem to presage. These reflections, arising out of the present crisis, have forced themselves too strongly on my mind to be suppressed. You will join with me, I trust, in thinking that there are none under the influence of which the proceedings of a new and free government can more auspiciously commence.
  • Kurt 2013/03/26 12:04:01
    Hell yes!!
    Kurt
    +1
    For the people who are offended, leave the US and do the people of this nation a favor!
  • Greg Saunders 2013/03/26 11:43:16
    Greg Saunders
    +3
    Might?
  • Brian 2013/03/26 10:32:36 (edited)
    Hell yes!!
    Brian
    +3
    We ran God out of our public schools back in the 60's and look how well that's turned out. List of school shootings

A map of the school shootings that have occurred in just the last ten years
  • Greg Sa... Brian 2013/03/26 11:40:54
    Greg Saunders
    I see the mormons are doing alright, not so good with the deep south...
  • Brian Greg Sa... 2013/03/26 13:25:52
    Brian
    The highest concentrations are in California as a single state, then as far as regions go, from Fl. all the way up the east coast is heavy and then not surprisingly the area south of the Great Lakes Illinois Michigan, Wisconsin.
    The sad thing is that in the 1960's before the Supreme Court told God to take a hike, this same map would have been blank. Not one school shooting
  • Greg Sa... Brian 2013/03/26 15:26:25
    Greg Saunders
    Actually crime is generally higher in religious areas and even when compared to more atheist countries, not counting the undemocratic ones which have serious control over everything including crime. It's no accident that per head of the prison population atheists make up only a few percentage and even much less among their own.
  • Clay Sl... Brian 2013/03/28 16:26:28
    Clay Slayer
    Yep and if you look into the background of all the shcool shootings, the perps had religious backgrounds..

2014/10/25 02:53:59