Should There Be Cameras in School Classrooms?

Chris D 2012/09/05 20:00:00
A grassroots movement driven by the parents of a "special needs" child, who allegedly suffered abuse at the hands of a public school elementary teacher, is pushing to have video cameras in classrooms. Do you think classroom activities should be recorded?

ABCNEWS.GO.COM reports:
A grassroots movement to put cameras in classrooms, driven by the parents of special-needs students, is simmering across the country. It's a personal crusade for many of the parents who say their children have suffered abuse at the hands of teachers and classroom aides with unsatisfying consequences.
parents children suffered abuse hands teachers classroom aides unsatisfying consequences

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/US/cameras-classroom-crusade...

• obessed56 2013/10/16 04:37:17
    obessed56
    A PEAK INSIDE LOUISIANA's PUBLIC SCHOOL CLASSROOMS!

If you want to see what RACISM really looks like VISIT GRETNA JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, HIGGIN HIGH SCHOOL, WEST JEFF, BONNABAL, ROOSEVELT, ADAMS, LIVAUDAIS, TRUMAN, HARRIS, MARRERO, RIVERDALE HIGH and MIDDLE SCHOOLS, GRACE KING, EAST JEFF, etc.

... these BLACK BOYS will KILL YA!

TEACHERS, STUDENTS and SCHOOL OFFICIALS FEAR for their LIVES throughout the ORLEANS and JEFFERSON PARISH PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEMS each and every day!

The JEFFERSON and ORLEANS PARISH PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEMS SPEND more TIME, ENERGY and MONEY on DISCIPLINE and COVERING UP CRIMINAL ACTS than they do on INSTRUCTION!

If PARENTS knew what was happening in these schools, they would put their HOMES on the MARKET and SUE the STATE to PAY for their MOVING EXPENCES! ... and rightfully so!

I am currently HOLDING MY BREATH, the JPPSS and the OPPSS needs to FILE DEFAMTION LAWSUITS against me if I'm LYING!

FACT: If ORLEANS don't FILE a LAWSUIT, then I MUST be STATING the TRUTH, the WHOLE TRUTH and NOTHING but the TRUTH!

FACT: Attending a FREE PUBLIC SCHOOL in AMERICA is a CIVIL RIGHT, attending a SAFE PUBLIC SCHOOL is IMPLIED in that CIVIL RIGHT, but that part of the LAW is being IGNORED, sadly, not just in ORLEANS and JEFFERSON PARISHES, but rather across LOUISIANA ...

... these BLACK BOYS will KILL YA!

FACT: Attending a FREE PUBLIC SCHOOL in AMERICA is a CIVIL RIGHT, attending a SAFE PUBLIC SCHOOL is IMPLIED in that CIVIL RIGHT, but that part of the LAW is being IGNORED, sadly, not just in ORLEANS and JEFFERSON PARISHES, but rather across LOUISIANA and throughout the UNITED STATES!

PUBLIC EDUCATION in AMERICA is currently designed to put most of its FOCUS on the STRENGTHENING our WEAKEST LINKS in PUBLIC EDUCATION! However, the CHINESE EDUCATION PROGRAM is primarily FOCUSED on making their STRONGEST LINKS STRONGER!

... and that is why the CHINESE are "CAPITALIZING" and AMERICA is "CRUMBLING" behind the "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT"!

TEACHERS can’t TOLERATE the BULL$HYT any longer!

http://www.wafb.com/story/236...

FACT: This is why the NAAWP is DEMANDING the ACCOUNTABILITY of CAMERAS inside of PUBLIC SCHOOL CLASSROOMS, HALLWAYS, GYMS, LIBRARIES, FRONT OFFICEES and OUTSIDE the BUILDINGS!

fatuous1

MARK TRAINA

LOUISIANA BLOGGERS CLUB PRESIDENT, CEO and NATIONAL SPOKESPERSON

NAAWP, PRESIDENT, CEO and NATIONAL SPOKESPERSON

CANDIDATE for LOUISIANA GOVERNOR in 2015

www.marktraina.webs.com

mark a. traina/certified school psychologist/economist/civil rights activist/504-231-3056
  • markcra56 2013/01/17 06:06:20
    markcra56
    Cameras will help reduce Crimes occurring in American Classroom, Gyms, Hallways and Play Grounds! Cameras also provide invaluable Visual and Audio Evidence in a Court of Law.

fatuous1 is MARK TRAINA an outspoken Civil Rights Activist from South Louisiana. Some describe him as a Racist; however, he describes himself as a Realist. Mr. Traina worked as a School Psychologist for the Jefferson Parish Public School System for nearly 30-years. He is currently retired and spends his days reading articles on-line and writing about current events from his personal perspective. Mr. Traina has is the Author of “THE REALIST”, a book published in 2012, shortly after his retirement from the JPPSS. He is also famous for his so-called TRAINAISMS, for example, “Good parents know that structure, discipline and respect for authority must start in the home or it will never end up in the School!”
    FACTS: Mr. Traina grew up in New Orleans attending only Publicly Funded Schools. Mark graduated from Marion Abramson Senior High School in May of 1975 and obtained his B.A. in Economic (1979). Mr. Traina also obtained an M.A. in Counseling Psychology (1983) from Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana. The fatuous1 can be reached at FatuousCRA@aol.com or by cell at (504) 231-3056. His personal website is (www.marktraina.webs.com)

• Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/01/03 23:03:33
  • Lexi Winfield 2012/12/07 13:27:36
    Lexi Winfield
    I'm in school myself and we have cameras in the hallways and on the buses and everyone says it seems creepy, and I agree, it feels like they're watching you all the time!
  • Mikey Bravo 2012/11/07 15:20:52
  • Jarhead 2012/10/04 22:21:08
    Jarhead
    this would solve soooooooooooooo many problems
  • calvin236 2012/09/30 17:04:38
    calvin236
    Not unless there is something special to protect or good reason to do it. Otherwise, don't put a camera in a classroom.
  • Christina 2012/09/25 15:37:07
    Christina
    Yes they should... This doesn't only protect the student but also the teachers.
    I have twin Boys with CP and they both have Learning disablities. One is more main stream and the other is in a self contained classroom.. The one in the self Contained has been pushed to the side and not taught by teachers because they were having to deal with Students that either have behavioral issues or more indiviual needs. So my child sat in the classroom for 1 1/2 years learning very little. Now if there were cameras in there and a education system in place that looked at these videos they would have seen that my son was not getting the attention he desveres also. Maybe he might be futher along by now. On my other sons case we have just finished pulling him out of a teachers room that could careless what she says to the kids, she would speak of the kids and their weaknesses so everyone could hear. She made my son feel like there was no hope for him and that he was completely stupid. He struggles in Math and instead of her using kind and positive words she use negitive and hateful words. I want cameras in the classroom, not just for my sons but for the kids that are to scared to speak up or the ones that can't speak at all. If they can not get camera in all classroom then at least in the cl...
    I have twin Boys with CP and they both have Learning disablities. One is more main stream and the other is in a self contained classroom.. The one in the self Contained has been pushed to the side and not taught by teachers because they were having to deal with Students that either have behavioral issues or more indiviual needs. So my child sat in the classroom for 1 1/2 years learning very little. Now if there were cameras in there and a education system in place that looked at these videos they would have seen that my son was not getting the attention he desveres also. Maybe he might be futher along by now. On my other sons case we have just finished pulling him out of a teachers room that could careless what she says to the kids, she would speak of the kids and their weaknesses so everyone could hear. She made my son feel like there was no hope for him and that he was completely stupid. He struggles in Math and instead of her using kind and positive words she use negitive and hateful words. I want cameras in the classroom, not just for my sons but for the kids that are to scared to speak up or the ones that can't speak at all. If they can not get camera in all classroom then at least in the classrooms that teachers have more one on one connections with our children. Anyone one that says No to this vote must not have a heart for children with speical needs or no children at all. Because if you were to walk in our shoes for a day your answer would be yes all the way. This is a public place it is school and these are our children and you are crazy if you don't want to make sure your child is safe at all times in the school setting. It would make the teacher think twice about what she was saying or doing this is a horrible issue not just verbral abuise but also mental and physical abuse happening to our children and for those of you that would not back this 100 percent are just plan blind.
  • Christina Christina 2012/09/25 15:52:14
    Christina
    +2
    If anyone reads this and knows how I can get involved with this organization to push this issue I want to know.Thanks
  • Mark Mercer 2012/09/15 13:38:54
    Mark Mercer
    and the parents should pay for it. No tax money. Teachers paid for 'air time'.
  • Christina Mark Me... 2012/09/25 15:54:32
    Christina
    +3
    Schools should pay for it... If they would do away with all the organizational sports and pay more attention to the education then maybe we might be a smarter country instead one of the dummiest.
  • Mark Me... Christina 2012/09/26 13:41:15
    Mark Mercer
    some good ideas, but schools in general don't have the money, and parents can hold those 'fundraisers' as easy as anybody else. (those that don't have any kids, aren't 'parents')
  • vinessarb 2012/09/15 02:35:23
    vinessarb
    Teachers are obviously not going to be inhumane if they know cameras are in the rooms.
  • Christina vinessarb 2012/09/25 15:38:40 (edited)
    Christina
    +3
    Well duh... that is the whole reason for the cameras... We need the cameras so teachers are less likely to be stupid as your stupid comment was.
  • Katie R... Christina 2013/06/09 22:40:30
    Katie Richardson
    +1
    Teacher turn a blind eye to wrong-doing students as it is, what makes you think teachers are going to be 'less stupid' even if they check the cameras? Your comment was so goddamn ignorant.
  • abigail-13 2012/09/13 02:05:26
    abigail-13
    +1
    Stuff always get stollen. It gets on my nerves. Jus not outside the classrooms. O.o i would b in sooooo much trouble.
  • ruth abigail-13 2012/11/28 23:14:36
  • ChellBerries 2012/09/12 15:06:36
    ChellBerries
    Kids are crazy, and they do crazy things. I had a camera stolen, I wanted to see who that bastard was, it would have helped if there was a camera to catch the culprit.
  • Teresa 2012/09/12 00:17:27
    Teresa
    Show the whole truth...
  • Tre 2012/09/11 16:48:47
    Tre
    How about yes and no. Or maybe.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/09/11 09:00:59
  • TombstoneJim 2012/09/10 18:47:30
    TombstoneJim
    Make the administration of the schools accountable. Random visits to classrooms by administration officials will stop almost all of the BS. It's schools where the principals and vice principals and guidance counselors sit in their offices where trouble begins.

Teachers, teacher’s aids, or any other adult in classrooms for official purposes should be held accountable for their actions, language and demeanor. Students in a classroom environment should be held accountable for their actions, language and demeanor.

Respect is a two way street - you cannot demand what you do not give.

My children feared my wife and I receiving a phone call for misbehaving in class. Their teachers learned that my wife and I had expectations concerning their conduct which were also to be met. Sloppy, ill prepared teachers found us at parent teacher councils with school administrators in tow. The second time was with the superintendent present….it never had to go beyond that. My son went and entire summer doing nothing but chores and learning Shakespeare because he screwed up English Lit – it never happened again.

My wife and I believe that you can choose your actions, but the consequences may or may not be within your control. Choose wisely and receive awards, advancement and recognitio...

My wife and I believe that you can choose your actions, but the consequences may or may not be within your control. Choose wisely and receive awards, advancement and recognition. Choose poorly and receive less freedom, fewer privileges and closer supervision. It is your choice.

The same should be applied in the public school system, no Orwellean technological add ons needed.
  • Christina Tombsto... 2012/09/25 15:46:19
    Christina
    +2
    That will not work.. The teacher acts one way when others adults are in the room and another when the kids are in there. This is not just a behavorial issue this is an issue of the children that can't speak out get the help they need and that they are safe in their classrooms. Children are being abused, physically, mentally and verbally.. It is only going to stop until we let the teachers know that they are not in contorl anymore that the school is and the parents. The cameras would show which teachers are doing their job and which one are not. If it is behavioral issues then that starts at home and having the cameras would also help the teacher so they could say this is how your child is acting and it is not acceptable.
  • Tombsto... Christina 2012/09/25 15:52:23
    TombstoneJim
    whose gonna watch the watchers? My grandchildren attend a school in a small community in Arizona and we don't need camera's to tell us how thier teachers are doing, the children themselves tell thier parents and us how much they enjoy school.

The problem, as is almost always the case should be a local issue....but sure as shoot, someone will sponsor a federal program to put cameras in every classroon....bad idea.
  • Bill in Niantic 2012/09/10 17:04:58
    Bill in Niantic
    +2
    yes, so parents, (and their trash Lawyers) can see what a simple stupid sh!t little Johnny really is....
  • WilliamMeagher 2012/09/10 04:35:17
    WilliamMeagher
    as an 18 year old in high school about to go to collage I can say that if they got nothing to hide it shouldn't matter

that being said, objections to teaching methods need to not be said, if you can complain about that (and have time to watch enough to complain) you can teach them yourself
  • maggie 2012/09/10 01:44:40
    maggie
    +1
    actually yes...the crap that goes on in schools these days they need cameras all over the place so they can punish or expell kids with behavior problems and have the proof that it was justified.
  • Wesloco 2012/09/10 00:08:56
    Wesloco
    What for?
  • Christina Wesloco 2012/09/25 15:48:12
    Christina
    +1
    Because children are being abused.. Physically, mentally and verbally.. Thats why.. would you change your mind if your child was being abused? But you could not prove it because it is a he said she said type of classroom. This is why...
  • Wesloco Christina 2012/09/26 01:25:21
    Wesloco
    ...having been a teacher for 28 years I'll grant you that some teachers need to be more sensitive and remember that the children they're charged with are precious and belong to someone but in actuality what I think the cameras will do is support teacher observations of students off task and less than wholehearted efforts because many times hen students do not want to complete their responsibility as a student they use the old standby complaint, "the teacher doesn't like me."
  • Aquaduck 2012/09/09 23:55:17
    Aquaduck
    Don't see why there'd be an issue with it, not like it's in the locker rooms or the bathrooms.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2012/09/09 22:57:36
    themadhare ~IJM
    They work for the public, everyone should have the ability to monitor their work.
  • Dany 2012/09/09 21:33:58
    Dany
    +2
    If it nails the bullies, yes. However, if it is to be done in classes where there's already suspected bullying, then it should be done in secret. You know, so the bullies won't suddenly play innocent. Justice is sweetest when the culprits are caught off-guard.
  • Russian 2012/09/09 21:09:35
    Russian
    Every classroom in every school in all states must have cameras.
  • Riku Xander 2012/09/09 17:35:04
    Riku Xander
    +1
    It's creepy enough having them watch you in the hallways.
  • David (oYo) 2012/09/09 14:57:50
  • Christina David (... 2012/09/25 15:49:45
    Christina
    +3
    so not true do your homework and maybe you would really understand the issue. Its not about what gets you off it is about the safety of children.
  • David (... Christina 2012/09/25 16:08:00
  • charleston David (... 2012/12/13 16:17:46
    charleston
    +10
    What kind of privacy does a child/teenager and a teacher needs during class...
  • David (... charleston 2012/12/13 17:20:16

2014/10/31 17:23:50