Should The United States Return To Back Room Coat Hanger Abortions

Kent the Roofer 2009/06/02 08:27:03
No.
Yes.
I do not believe in abortion, however I do support a woman's right to choose.
After the recent killing of an abortion provider, there is now an open debate occurring within our country about the fanaticism of the pro life movement. The accused killer was found in possession of Operation Rescue literature, and allegedly had close relations with its leaders.
Prior the SCOTUS decision in Roe v. Wade, abortion was illegal throughout the United States. Yet, thousands of abortions were performed by unskilled non medical "providers". Many women died as a result. Their bodies were found dumped by the "provider".
If abortion is again made illegal in the United States, do you believe it would actually end all abortions? I think not. It would only recreate a black market which was eliminated by the Roe decision.
Should the United States return to back room coat hanger abortions?

• SparkleyPie 2009/06/02 13:29:06
    No.
    SparkleyPie
    +15
    Absolutely not! That's exactly what will happen if the zealots have their way, too.

I find it interesting that the other countries who have outlawed abortion are the same countries these zealots see as our enemies... Theocratic countries in the Middle East. It seems they have a lot more in common with the "terrorists" than they have differences.

• jenlduu The Ban... 2009/06/12 23:33:17 (edited)
    jenlduu
    When it comes to a womans life being at stake and her rights being walked all over I beleive it is a federal issue just lke we have had to use the federal government because we cannot depend on the states to uphold the constitution. I lived in the south where the states were allowed to kill blacks at will and the local courts in almost all cases let the murderers go. We have a minister in our church who marched in the civil rights movement under the direction of Martin Luther KIng. He was sitting on a bus in Mississippi when a old black man reufused to move to the back of the bus and the bus driver pulled out his gun and shot and killed the old man. The Reverend went to court to testify and the guy got off scott free. Is that the kind of state issue you are talking about.? It was only after the federal government steped in that the murders of blacks stoped.
  • SparkleyPie 2009/06/02 13:29:06
    No.
    SparkleyPie
    +15

• Nairb Sparkle... 2009/06/07 18:54:40 (edited)
    Nairb
    Most of Europe have much more restrictive abortion policies than the U.S. Are they controlled by zealots? You appear to be more of a zealot, as are many pro-choicers I meet. I can converse with pro lifers tho, they do seem to want to engage in civil debate.

And for your information It is Roe v Wade that they wish to overturn, bad law, poorly informed, and judged. (admitted to be so by many Con. Law Prof. on right and left) Then it would be where it belongs, as a State issue, not a Federal one. And all States will have their say.
  • Sparkle... Nairb 2009/06/07 20:30:20
    SparkleyPie
    +2
    Has most of Europe outlawed abortion? No.

Insane zealots who are incapable of separating emotion from their thinking process want it outlawed.
  • Nairb Sparkle... 2009/06/08 02:37:38
    Nairb
    Did you go to college, are you able to comprehend what you read?

--Most of Europe have much more restrictive abortion policies than the U.S.-
    Where was outlawed abortion mentioned. You have proven my point in the second sentence, you zealot!

It is considerably harder to get an abortion in Europe than the U.S. 12 weeks is the cut off in France, unless two doctors certify Grave risk to health. England 24 weeks, in Hospital only, unless emergency. Germany 12 weeks with 3 days of counseling before. Netherlands 13 weeks 5 days after request. Belgium 12 weeks, after that two doctors must certify serious risk, or serious illness in child. It goes on, Denmark 12 weeks, Poland 12 weeks, in fact 12 weeks or less seems to be the norm. There are exceptions for rape, if it was reported to the police. And up to 24 weeks if the baby is deformed, provided two independent doctors other than the abortionist say that is so, or other demands of the like. And every single country I checked says it must be done in a hospital. Pontificating on what you know little of is not endearing.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/eu...
    It took me 15 seconds to find this web site.
  • jenlduu Nairb 2009/06/12 23:46:29
    jenlduu
    Your are the Zelot not sparkley. Since when does stating you views make you a zealot. As far as your stupid statistcs they only show haldf the story.. England's cut off is 24 weeks while here in the states it is 16 weeks in most states and only 24 weeks in a few states. So hey it only took me 15 seconds to find my WEB SITE. Are you so ignorant that you don't know that half the story is no story at all.
  • jenlduu Sparkle... 2009/06/12 23:36:52
    jenlduu
    Yes, sparkley you have made a very good point. If people stop to notice the religious extremests in this country are actiing like terriosts and killing doctors and one went into a Unitarian and started shooting because it was the most LIBERAL church he knew of. We are breeding our own form of religious terroists here in the U.S and it is only going to get worse.
  • Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc 2009/06/02 12:38:02 (edited)
    No.
    Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc
    +6
    No that just would be ass backwards. I'm not pro-kill your baby. But I do support a woman's right to have a abortion because I don't feel like I should have nor want the right to tell a woman what she can or can not do with her body. I do wish they would stop being used as birth control and late term abortions just kill me emotionally thinking about them. But those are just my points of view.
  • twocrows Яᴇv☠Doɴ... 2009/06/03 01:26:05 (edited)
    twocrows
    +3
    the propagandists put forth late-term abortion as a choice. IT IS NOT.

the only times it is used are to protect the life and health of the mother or because the fetus would die within minutes to days after birth -- usually experiencing great pain until merciful death occurred.
  • Death F... twocrows 2009/06/03 03:32:51
    Death Faerie
    +1
    like harlequin syndrome?
    harlequin syndrome

After viewing pictures of poor babies like this, I changed my views about late term abortion, while I'm against it being performed on healthy mom's and babies, I learned that there are extreme cases.

In the case of the mother's health, can't a c-section be performed?
  • twocrows Death F... 2009/06/03 06:42:21 (edited)
    twocrows
    +2
    in some cases, yes. in others c-section is not an option.
    in any case, 3rd trimester abortion is never undertaken except in cases of dire medical need.

I knew someone who went through that and it is not something you would wish on your worst enemy. she walked through hell.
  • USAmom twocrows 2009/06/03 16:28:50
    USAmom
    +2
    How sad.
  • USAmom Death F... 2009/06/03 16:28:16
    USAmom
    +2
    Have you had a C-section? Major surgery and a lot of down time healing.
  • Kent th... USAmom 2009/06/03 16:31:35
    Kent the Roofer
    +2
    My son was born early and by an emergency c-section. It took my wife six months to recover.
  • Death F... Kent th... 2009/06/03 19:25:11
    Death Faerie
    +2
    Is your wife now happy to have your son? Does she view it was worth it?
  • Kent th... Death F... 2009/06/03 20:48:30
    Kent the Roofer
    +2
    YES!!! We both do. I was there, took pictures and he is wide open and healthy. It was SOOOO much worth it!! I am looking at him right now as I type this.
    Had we not done the emergency c-section, he would not be here.
  • Death F... USAmom 2009/06/03 19:24:29
    Death Faerie
    +1
    I would rather that, than kill a healthy baby, unless the surgery itself would kill, then I would have no choice but to choose the abortion, because I have other kids that need me..

I have had surgery, major surgery, it is absolutely no fun and games, I'm not heartless, unlike some of the "pro-life" extremists.

I do wonder if perhaps women should decide early in the pregnancy, whether or not they would be willing to undergo a c-section to save their or their childs life. If not, perhaps they should consider early on so such a drastic decision wouldn't have to be made towards the end of the pregnancy.
  • USAmom Death F... 2009/06/03 19:33:30
    USAmom
    +3
    I understand and respect your comment. Dr Tiller did late term abortions that were done "only" when the baby had already died or could not be saved and the mother was at risk. There are very strict rules.
  • Death F... USAmom 2009/06/03 19:43:12
    Death Faerie
    +4
    Then the guy who shot him not only killed him but potentially killed women.

I've had mixed feelings, but you've straightened me out. Thanks.
  • USAmom Death F... 2009/06/04 03:04:44
    USAmom
    +2
    I agree with you and appreciate your opinion.
  • jenlduu Death F... 2009/06/13 00:04:44 (edited)
    jenlduu
    Yes he was on of the few doctors who had the courage left to help these women and children. He was very brave. Shot in each arm by Pro-lifers and had to wear a bulletproof vest but they went into his church and shot him point blank. I beleive Pro-Choice means anti woman in all cases. Womens lives are not even considered worth saving.
  • jenlduu USAmom 2009/06/13 00:02:08
    jenlduu
    +1
    Thanks USA mom for puting the truth out their. We had someone come to our church and tell us all about DR, Tiller. Now many more women will die because he is not there and most doctors are in fear of their lives to give late term abortons to those who need them baby and mother.
  • vote mo... Death F... 2009/06/03 22:12:27
    vote mobile lady time to CYA
    +1
    There are are also those whose babies die in utero and have to be taken rather than wait. A friend of mine had to wait and lost her ability to have any more.
  • twocrows vote mo... 2009/06/03 22:29:05
    twocrows
    +2
    the 'pro-lifers' don't seem to think about that issue. banning _all_ abortions would condemn many women to having no children at all as
    carrying some defective fetuses to term can render the woman sterile or so disabled she can't give birth without dying.

birth is NOT an easy thing and can result in disability.
  • vote mo... twocrows 2009/06/03 22:40:31
    vote mobile lady time to CYA
    I know I had four 3 c-section and one natural.
  • Death F... twocrows 2009/06/05 22:16:12
    Death Faerie
    +1
    I know, I haven't felt as healthy since I birthed my fourth child. I gave up my health for a child I couldn't even keep. That is grossly unfair. Abortion should be available for women who need it
  • jenlduu Death F... 2009/06/13 00:10:46
    jenlduu
    So sorry to hear that. We the women in this country are being attacked and our rights tatken away by the Pro-Choicers hiding behind the unborn fetus. They wnat to risk our lives by making aboritons illegal, they want to take away or rights to choose and they have now made it impossible for women's lives to be saved by killing late term abortion doctors. It is obvious that women mean less than nothing to some in this country.
  • jenlduu twocrows 2009/06/13 00:06:58
    jenlduu
    Yes it is a big loss to women when Dr. Tiller was murdered. Now no doctors are brave enough to save womens lives with late term abortons because of fear of what the Pro-Choicers will do. Terrorism is alive and well here and it is women that are the targets for now.
  • Death F... vote mo... 2009/06/05 22:14:40
    Death Faerie
    +1
    That's awful!!!! I knew a woman who claimed that aborting the dead baby is wrong because it would ruin the baby for the funeral...yes there are people that sick!!!!

If the baby is already dead the woman should not have to risk her health or life to labor and deliver it.
  • vote mo... Death F... 2009/06/05 22:21:29
    vote mobile lady time to CYA
    +1
    She ended up with toxic shock syndrome herself.
  • Death F... vote mo... 2009/06/05 23:27:14
    Death Faerie
    +2
    Horrid! I'm so glad I can no longer get pregnant.
  • vote mo... Death F... 2009/06/06 02:57:17
    vote mobile lady time to CYA
    Me too not only am beyond those years but now would not be the best time to raising a child in my opinion.
  • jenlduu Death F... 2009/06/12 23:58:49
    jenlduu
    These are all the crap and doctored pictures put out by the Pro-Lifers to promote their own propaganda. The ony case of late term abortions is when the mothers life is in danger or the baby is very severly deformed. Other wise it is agains the law and noting but another lie put out by the extremests.
  • Death F... jenlduu 2009/06/13 22:40:19
    Death Faerie
    +1
    I think some of the late abortion pictures are actually of stillborn infants.
  • jenlduu Death F... 2009/06/15 03:24:31
    jenlduu
    Yes, you are probably right. They do like to post those awful pictures .To me shows how sick they are.
  • jenlduu Яᴇv☠Doɴ... 2009/06/12 23:54:02 (edited)
    jenlduu
    +1
    LATE TERM abortions is a fantisy promoted by the Pro-Life movement and one we have all fallen for. Late term abortions are only legal if the life of the mother is in jeopardy or the child will be born with severe deformities that they would suffer therribly form. I was sick to my stomach when I beleive the propaganda put out by the Pro-Choicers about late term abortions. I feel for the lies also. They killed a doctor that was only trying to save womens lives and protect babies from horrible fates because he was performing late-term abortions. Where is the compassion and caring for the mother or child where these people are concerned.
  • crotchrot 2009/06/02 11:00:16
  • ☠Twiste... crotchrot 2009/06/02 11:04:11
    ☠Twisted Beauty☠
    +1
    That is an awesome answer.
  • crotchrot ☠Twiste... 2009/06/02 11:06:05
  • ☠Twiste... crotchrot 2009/06/02 11:07:42
    ☠Twisted Beauty☠
    +1
    Most likely. I already got downraved for my poll.

2014/10/21 21:53:21