Should the Left wing media be ashamed of themselves?

Drue-AFCL 2013/02/17 11:56:42

A Hispanic Republican senator drinks water on TV, and the media demolish him. A Hispanic Democratic senator is accused of having sex with underage prostitutes, and the media ignores it.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/283471-rubio-vs-m...
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

• '90skid 2013/02/17 12:08:08
    '90skid
    +14
    "Shame" is not a word in the Left Wing Dictionary. Liberals have no shame in what they do.

• DutchHeretic Native non-Ame... 2013/02/23 11:21:42 (edited)
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    But the right wing foxbot media should .. what they do is far worse than these incidents of this poll mention
    foxnews  we deceive   you believe
    All what they have presented were smear campaigns against a democratically elected black president .. in favor of rightwing lies
    right wing media
    The rightwing media are simply disgusting
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/02/22 03:22:08
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    But when you do not know any better you can not.
  • CWOO10 - PWCM 2013/02/20 14:57:54
    CWOO10 - PWCM
    +1
    If there was a B.S Filter on the media, we would be watching silent movies.
  • D D 2013/02/20 11:43:58
    D D
    +1
    The should be ashamed for WAY more than this incident.
  • Live Free Or Die 2013/02/19 23:21:52
    Live Free Or Die
    Not until the Right Wing exposes every disgusting, hypocritical and illegal thing that their own has ever done.

As far as the glass of water thing, that was dumb....and I'm no Marco Rubio fan.
  • CWOO10 ... Live Fr... 2013/02/20 14:51:23
    CWOO10 - PWCM
    +1
    I think you could say the same for the Left. "Not until the Left Wing exposes every disgusting, hypocritical and illegal thing that their own has ever done".

It would be great to expose every underhanded skeleton both sides have hanging in their closet. Then we could really choose what we want, not what we think we are going to get.
  • Live Fr... CWOO10 ... 2013/02/20 15:58:07
    Live Free Or Die
    Whatever side people are on, left or right, does not excuse it. But you all set the bar really low for yourselves and extremely high for everyone else.
  • CWOO10 ... Live Fr... 2013/02/21 01:57:02
    CWOO10 - PWCM
    You all?

I hold myself to a higher standard than I do others. I will not ask anything of anyone else that I will not do myself.
    I hope you can say the same.
  • Live Fr... CWOO10 ... 2013/02/22 20:03:00 (edited)
    Live Free Or Die
    I stand corrected, so let me rephrase it to what it should be: "Too many of you" and I wasn't talking about "you" specifically, but the many on this site who call themselves "Conservatives".
  • Christopher Kirchen 2013/02/19 05:31:57
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    For starters they should be ashamed of being (modern)liberals. Liberalism today is a lot more intrusive than the live and let live liberalism of the sixties and seventies. Second, they should be ashamed of what some of them advocate. Killing unborn babies, euthanasia for the aged; damn, is there anyone liberals DON'T want killed?
  • Swampdog PWCM 2013/02/19 01:06:51
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    MSM always a double standard, always hypocritical!
  • norman 2013/02/18 22:08:12
  • Avenged7 2013/02/18 22:04:52
    Avenged7
    +2
    Not much left wing media out there. But what I have seen on the corporate media about Rubio's gaffe, it has been reported, but he has not been demolished. The late night comedy shows have made a lot of fun of him, but that's what they do with any politician.

As far as the Menendez accusation I've seen it many times in the corporate media, about this accusation. In the left wing media the Rubio's gaffe has been made fun of, and the Menendez accusation as been reported.

Is the right wing being to touchy?? Maybe, but I think it is more to do with they think they should have special treatment, and Rubio's incident should be censored from the news. They also want Menendez situation to be flooding the news even though there is no evidence of him being involved with underage prostitutes. Typical right wing hypocricy. The right wing just has no humor, and they never have had any humor. Nastiness is their game!!!!!!
  • Avenged7 Avenged7 2013/02/18 22:13:44
    Avenged7
    +1
    I thought the Rubio's gaffe was really funny, but I don't think the sky will fall or he wont become a presidential candidate, like the right wing does because of his gaffe!!!!!!!
  • Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL 2013/02/18 21:57:32
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +1
    But that would imply a sense of decency, morality, self respect and the desire to tell the truth and not bow down before some ideology or another... These fools would rather prostitute themselves to the party of corruption and hypocrisy.
  • norman Patrick... 2013/02/18 22:11:01
    norman
    " the party of corruption and hypocrisy." You should have used the plural, "parties."

"These fools would rather prostitute themselves to the parties of corruption and hypocrisy."

See how much more accurate that sounds.
  • Patrick... norman 2013/02/18 22:23:43
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    No, because they align themselves with the Kleptocrats to the point of exclusion. I have never seen them fawn over a Decepticon, ever. No, strike that, I have when some idiot like Scott Brown goes "bipartisan." But I do agree with your overall point; they are both rackets. They need to be busted under RICO statutes.
  • Boo 2013/02/18 20:10:36
    Boo
    +2
    They are the subversives!
  • Not A Crybaby Richard <3Fre... 2013/02/18 20:04:04 (edited)
    Not A Crybaby Richard <3Freedom!
    +2
    Wow, just wow.
  • ALofRI 2013/02/18 16:58:30
    ALofRI
    +1
    When I was a kid and told lies, MY mouth got dry also. You could see that every sentence increased the need for "hydration". If the speech had been longer he would have needed it to extinguish his pants...."No mas pantelones"!
  • HOMBRE 2013/02/18 16:36:13
    HOMBRE
    +3
    They know no better. Just pushing their agenda of radical left-wing crap.
  • **StarzAbove** 2013/02/18 16:27:24
    **StarzAbove**
    +6
    No. The right wingers have been badmouthing the president for every little thing he has ever done. They even make fun of the First Lady because of her clothes. Guess it's payback time and now the righties are whining about it.....
  • remy **Starz... 2013/02/18 20:44:21
    remy
    +3
    Absolutely!
  • Patrick... **Starz... 2013/02/18 22:27:01 (edited)
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +1
    How funny!!! And nothing at all about how the Left Wing Nut Jobs have bad mouthed every Decepticon EVER? Voicing an opinion suddenly becomes bad mouthing, wow. And Hilary shrieking in the Senate chamber that it is American to disagree and debates means...what, again?
    Both the Decepticons and the Kleptocrats do deserve every bit of bad mouthing they get-and more,for stuff they haven't been caught doing yet! I had to include that-I am all for nonpartisan bad mouthing-they are all crooks and creeps...
  • Flowers 2013/02/18 16:20:53
    Flowers
    +5
    For ignoring real news and choosing to instead focus on petty, childish things.
  • **Starz... Flowers 2013/02/18 16:28:08
    **StarzAbove**
    +6
    Sounds exactly what the righties do to the president each and every day.
  • Flowers **Starz... 2013/02/18 16:31:25
    Flowers
    +2
    and the left did it with Bush during his time as well. both sides are childish, but in THIS question, specifically about the rubio/melendez situation the left chooses to be childish
  • **Starz... Flowers 2013/02/18 16:32:58
    **StarzAbove**
    +6
    I thought it was funny, but I have a great sense of humor....no sense in getting uptight about a guy drinking water because he was so nervous.
  • Flowers **Starz... 2013/02/18 17:09:20
    Flowers
    +2
    Where did I say I was uptight? I could care less about him drinking water, the point is in this situation the media unnecessarily made a huge deal out of it when there were more important things to report on.
  • Drue-AFCL Flowers 2013/02/18 17:30:44
  • Flowers Drue-AFCL 2013/02/18 17:32:48
    Flowers
    +2
    Thanks. I'm sick of all the double standards in politics lately.
  • Ozzyboy Flowers 2013/02/18 21:09:19
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    Starz, running true to liberal form, blocked any answer to her. they are nothing but chicken sh#ts! Drive by posters! I wanted to know what "jokes" were made about the current WH inhabitant. I just can't think of any.
  • Flowers Ozzyboy 2013/02/18 21:18:15
    Flowers
    ?? Too many to count, too mean to repeat
  • Ozzyboy Flowers 2013/02/18 21:29:21
    Ozzyboy
    In other words, nothing.
  • Flowers Ozzyboy 2013/02/18 21:33:08
    Flowers
    No, that's not what I said. There have been jokes about the Obama family since he started campaigning in 2008 election and they have continued since. I simply don't care to look them up to prove to u. I'm not an Obama supporter, and I'm fully aware that both sides are selfish, petty, and down right rude but this specific poll is about the left being unfair to the right.
  • Ozzyboy Flowers 2013/02/18 22:22:53
    Ozzyboy
    If there are so many, one should readily come to mind. Try as I might I can't think of any but can come up with quite a few against Palin, Romeny, West, and most of the right. Your guy was completely protected by the media and even the late night comedians who are merciless to the right. Come on - just one from the right. It's now wonder you can't find one, there weren't any. Now and only now are there starting to be a little fun poking at him but nothing as vile as old guy Letterman and what he said about Palin's daughter and Arod, which doesn't bear repeating such filth.
  • norman Ozzyboy 2013/02/18 22:20:15
    norman
    I just answered her, maybe she's just blocked you? I don't like blockers either and I don't think you should be allowed to post if you're not willing to receive.

But I must add, every single person on this site that's blocked me was a right-wing Obama-hater.
  • Ozzyboy norman 2013/02/19 02:18:29
    Ozzyboy
    And everyone who has blocked me has been a left winger who came up with facts to support my point of view. Somehow, the left hates when they are asked for facts to back up what they are saying. Asking for just one "joke" against their guy has resulted in absolutely nothing in comparison to the vile things that are said against anyone they deem a threat to their agenda.
  • **Starz... Flowers 2013/02/18 18:11:46
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    I didn't mean you, I was generalizing....my bad.

But that's exactly what we all thought when the election was going on, no matter what the president said or did or didn't do, the righties were making jokes about him. So now it's payback time. Now you guys know how silly and outrageous your comments were.
  • norman **Starz... 2013/02/18 22:16:58
    norman
    true. I felt sorry for the guy. Don't like his politics at all but, still . . . damn hard thing to follow the prez - any prez. (except maybe BushII)

2014/07/28 22:42:26