SHOULD THE "I" WORD (ILLEGAL) BE BANNED?? WILL YOU SIGN THE PLEDGE??

Drue-AFCL 2012/05/07 17:34:37

• Space Invader 2012/05/07 18:48:19
    YES
    Space Invader
    +21
    Yes; I will..I'd rather call them what they are; an invading force of blood sucking SOB's that want what's not theirs!!

It's rolls off the tongue better than illegal....

• 4dc Space I... 2012/05/08 22:37:10
    4dc
    +1
    that answer and many others is why i am a fan of your logic
  • Seonag 2012/05/07 18:44:59
    NO
    Seonag
    +11
    Sounds like a violation of the First Amendment to me --- limiting free speech. And since when is 'breaking the law' not illegal?
  • Boomer 2012/05/07 18:41:04
    NO
    Boomer
    +12
    F**k PC, illegal, illegal,illegal
  • TuringsChild 2012/05/07 18:39:11
  • fisherman 2012/05/07 18:30:59
    NO
    fisherman
    +9
    did it ever occur to these leftwing buttwrenchs that if you use the phrase "I-WORD" or the word "ILLEGAL" it means the same damned thing and aint fooling anyone .
  • RED DAWN fisherman 2012/05/07 19:50:06
    RED DAWN
    +4
    Man you know you are talking about the liberal brain.Most are still working on 2+3.
  • bman~AVA~BTTB 2012/05/07 18:23:49
    NO
    bman~AVA~BTTB
    +10
    No, I will not sign such a pledge. I think those that drafted up that pledge should be banned.
  • Sgt Major B 2012/05/07 18:20:43
    NO
    Sgt Major B
    +10
    I'm tired of left-wing loons that want to limit my vocabulary.
  • wysiwis 2012/05/07 18:17:28
    NO
    wysiwis
    +12
    But I'm guessing that the term "Not legal citizen" or "undocumented Democrat" would be a preferable term!

What part if illegal isn't understood? They "broke" into the country, as if they had "broke into" your house and started living there without your permission. Isn't that illegal too?
  • fisherman wysiwis 2012/05/07 18:32:40
    fisherman
    +9
    if they broke into my home i think the right word would be ...DEAD !
  • wysiwis fisherman 2012/05/07 21:24:38
    wysiwis
    +2
    EXACTLY!!!
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/05/07 18:10:30
    NO
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +7
    No. No one wants to deny anyone any rights. We just want them to do things legally the way all citizens of the US have to do.
  • RED DAWN Nam Era... 2012/05/07 19:54:07
    RED DAWN
    +3
    Illegals have no rights and are not citizens so there's only one thing they can do right ."GO TO HELL HOME"
  • Nam Era... RED DAWN 2012/05/07 21:18:53
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    I do not allow people to cuss at me, especially people with guns and anger.
    Have a wonderful troll life with some other victim.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/07 18:06:45
    NO
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +8
    They are criminal invaders. Other countries would put them in prison.
  • Philo-Publius 2012/05/07 18:04:33
    YES
    Philo-Publius
    "Calling a person illegal takes away their humanity."

I agree wholeheartedly with this premise. By keeping people out who would come here to gain a better life for themselves and their loved ones, we make void the words we placed on Lady Liberty -- to which we all pay lip service -- and in so doing reveal ourselves to be pompous liars.
    liberty
    ...From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
  • Mike Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:06:52
    +12
    Is that part of the constitution

what does that equate to - does it mean sneak into America, take their jobs or freeload off the system.

The Statue of Liberty is not law
  • Philo-P... Mike 2012/05/07 18:14:08
    Philo-Publius
    Well, there were no immigration laws at all in the U.S. until after the Civil War. The founding fathers didn't forbid anyone from coming into this country, and the First Congress in 1790 in addition created very simple parameters for naturalization (two years residency, walk into any common law court and take an oath of citizenship, and presto -- you're one of us)...

The spirit of Emma Lazarus' words then seems to be strongly in line with the original intent of the founders, and with the laws during the first eight decades of this nation. I realize we have laws today against immigration, certainly. I just think such laws are un-American.
  • obi_have Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:16:53
    obi_have
    +12
    The New Colossus poem, by Emma Lazarus was written to greet legal immigrants, entering the US legally... not those who sneak across the border.
  • Philo-P... obi_have 2012/05/07 18:33:31
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    That's certainly an interpretation. I just don't personally see it that way; such would completely deplete the spirit of Lazarus' verse. And, like I mentioned to the gentleman above, that's not even an interpretation that's consistent with the actions of the founding fathers, nor any of our national legislators until 1875, with the adoption of the Page Act.
  • obi_have Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:40:09
    obi_have
    +4
    Then elect lawmakers who will repeal the act and make it legal for anyone to just waltz in here. Follow the democratic process and if it shakes out in the end that the country wants to let everyone in, fine. Until then it is illegal to sneak across the border.
  • Drue-AFCL Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:17:30
    Drue-AFCL
    +11
    THAT'S GREAT. . . . . . . .DO IT THE LEGAL WAY AND NO ONE HAS ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT!! WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO REWARD BAD BEHAVIOUR?!?!?!?!?!
  • Philo-P... Drue-AFCL 2012/05/07 18:36:38
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending that anyone break U.S. law. I'm just voicing my disagreement *with* said laws -- I'm saying our immigration laws are inconsistent with American values, as embodied in our founding principles.
  • Turings... Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:46:49
    TuringsChild
    +2
    US immigration law is designed to keep an unmanageable flood of immigrants from flooding the job market, making jobs even harder to find than they already are.
  • Philo-P... Turings... 2012/05/07 18:51:32
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    I'll ask you the same question as I asked below:

Do you not feel that, given a level playing field (meaning given only citizenship and the same opportunity as other Americans), these immigrants would not only 'take' jobs, but also *create* jobs -- become entrepreneurs, proprietors, investors, capitalists -- in at least the same proportion as other immigrants have (including us) in previous generations?

What I'm driving at is, what precisely is it, if anything, that's inherent in those of Mexican or Hispanic background/race that would cause them to be incapable of *fueling* and *expanding* our economy as other immigrants have, as well as becoming the employees of others? In other words, why do we not look at Mexican or Hispanic immigration as an opportunity for additional entrepreneurship and job creation? Why do we always seem to see them as a liability rather than an asset?
  • Turings... Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:58:13
    TuringsChild
    +4
    Oh, illegals DO create an underground economy. Problem is, it's a slave economy. Illegals accept illegally low wages too. And those who start up jobs on their own do the same, paying illegally low wages. And none of them pay taxes, therefore they do not contribute to the resources they use, such as education and medical care for their children, welfare and WIC programs, etc. They also flood the job market with workers willing to take unlivable wages, making real paying jobs even scarcer. It's bad for EVERYONE involved. INCLUDING the illegals.
  • Philo-P... Turings... 2012/05/07 19:09:21
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    That wasn't my point, but thank you anyway. The premise was, as indicated, that they were given citizenship, and that all their economic activities would thenceforth be legal.

If that's your answer though, that such people are incapable of being productive citizens, I'll accept it.
  • Richard... Philo-P... 2012/05/07 20:12:47
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +1
    And entering the country in other than legal ways breaks those laws and is called... wait for it... wait for it... ILLEGAL!!!

Would you prefer we all call them Illegal aliens? after all that's what illegals really means, only in a shorter form, making it easier to say, as we do with an uncountable number of compound terms in our language.
  • Philo-P... Richard... 2012/05/07 20:22:56
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    I'd prefer you call them people.
  • Richard... Philo-P... 2012/05/07 20:31:34
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    We would, but that wouldn't be very descriptive when we are speaking about a particular group now would it.
  • bman~AV... Philo-P... 2012/05/07 18:28:36
    bman~AVA~BTTB
    +7
    And as long as they do it legally then I'm all for it. They come into this country and go thru the process of becoming legal and I'm just fine with that. They come here illegally and stay here illegally with out trying to become citizens here and stealing our jobs then I say send em back or put em in prison.
  • Philo-P... bman~AV... 2012/05/07 18:49:41
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    I appreciate your view.

One question, if I may ask, regarding the jobs these immigrants are putatively stealing: Do you not feel that, given a level playing field (meaning given only citizenship and the same opportunity as other Americans), these immigrants would not only 'take' jobs, but also *create* jobs -- become entrepreneurs, proprietors, investors, capitalists -- in at least the same proportion as other immigrants have (including us) in previous generations?

• ray Philo-P... 2012/05/07 19:15:57
    ray
    +1
    Focus not on jobs , but on the countries they leave behind . Should America accept 60 to 80 million aids patients as they believe they could come here and get public housing , food stamps and free medical treatment ? Add in 20 to 30 million criminals as they believe that crime is easier here because the police will not kill them and the military isn't used for patrols? In addition to another 500 million simply looking for economic relief ? Out of the 7 billion or so on the planet how many should be given an unqualified free pass to come on in ? As they bring their beliefs , customs and habit as their homelands , and form Regions of their own and bring the culture they left behind . What language should we use when English is used by the minority?
    No common language , no common customs, no common history , no common beliefs.

All this can be achieved in less than 18 months with a open border policy. Complete with the famines , diseases , crimes of their native lands. The starving children with bloated stomachs , the famines, the diseases , the refugee camps.

There is a lot more to consider besides a 85% unemployment rate .
  • Philo-P... ray 2012/05/07 19:39:18
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    If 60 to 80 million people came here to do nothing more than receive free housing, free food and free medical, of course such an arrangement would be unsustainable.

I take it your answer then is that this is what you are likening Mexicans/Hispanics to... that this is all such people have inherent within them... that they're able to produce nothing whatsoever -- to start no businesses, produce no jobs and invest nothing which could fuel economic production? If that's your answer, fine, but I just think that's a poor way to view human beings of any race or culture, and I don't think it comports with what science tells us as to aptitudes and abilities among diverse human groups.

As to the customs and language: Many countries do just fine having several languages spoken and no official one, but I do tend to think an official language is helpful with assimilation. I wouldn't mandate how people must communicate with one another, but I'll agree that much is good idea.
  • ray Philo-P... 2012/05/07 20:06:31
    ray
    +2
    Are there only two countries ? Haitians would love to come to this country, any who make it are returned , unlike Cubans which if one foot touches land they are here permanently .
    The African Continent has a horrible Aids Pandemic . Along with a belief that sex with a virgin will cure them . Running low on virgins , infants are raped in an effort to cure aids among some . They would love to come to America to achieve all the benefits of Public housing, food stamps, free medical and cash.
    ( Obama's Aunt and Uncle are two of the lucky Africans who got in )
    Surely the could supply a hundred million or two from that continent .
    Between China and India they could easily find a 500 Million who would like to escape grinding poverty along with China's one Child policy .
    Tens of Millions of Arabs would love to enjoy Americas Hospitality and spread their religion as missionaries to heathen lands.
    South and central America , suffering from unbearable crime , drugs, disease, would gladly bypass the death march of Mexico if they could come by sea and plane.
    Should there be no limit ? A billion ? two billion ? Three billion?
    Surely every single one will start a business , pay taxes and there will be no detrimental effects at all . Considering that we already have estimated 20 to 40 millio...
    Surely every single one will start a business , pay taxes and there will be no detrimental effects at all . Considering that we already have estimated 20 to 40 million illegal Mexicans how many hundreds of millions from other countries should be allowed ? Or there should be no limit , no restrictions ? using Third world refugee camps as models for all the worlds refugees.
  • Philo-P... ray 2012/05/07 20:29:57
    Philo-Publius
    +2
    Yeah, I appreciate your response, my friend. We just don't seem to be on the same wavelength here apparently, and that's cool.

I'm talking about attempting to see the inherent worth in people who come here from the outside, to see our common humanity (and really our common economic interests, or at least to see how such interests might be possible or desirable). You're just tossing about a sea of 'what if' hypotheticals that appear to be rooted in fear.
  • ray Philo-P... 2012/05/07 21:41:48
    ray
    +2
    From the sea of humanity , there is a limit of how many can be admitted.
    Familiar with an old movie " Life Boat " ?

There does not seem to be any inherent value by race or country , although there is a difference in those willing to accept American traditional values.

As it is not possible to allow everyone who would like to enter , then criteria needs be established as to who can be admitted.
    This is not a new debate, should only the best educated be allowed ? The best and the brightest ? This reduces person to utilitarian valuations.
    Should proximity be the deciding factor ? Educated scientist , doctors and Desperately need skills locked out in favor of near by gangsters ?

Screening for communicable diseases like Leprosy ( recent rise in cases due to illegal immigrants ) Or Typhoid , Tuberculosis, Malaria , Polio, Plague isn't applied to illegal immigrants . The reintroduction of diseases that have been all but forgotten can be traced back to illegals.
    http://www.texastribune.org/i...

When all factors were considered and debated the laws were established as to who and how many could enter legally .

Those who have not come into the country legally , for purposes of differentiation , are called illegal Aliens.
  • Latti I... ray 2012/05/07 20:36:15 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Um sorry to break this to you, but African immigrants are the most highly skilled group in this country. They do better than every other native and foreign demographics. Hispanics, even with the influx of Illegals are less on welfare than White Americans and welfare is a European creation. Just handing out some facts; all of the welfare programs you stated were excluded from non-White groups until the late 70's. Just giving you some facts.

(Eastern Europe doesn't farewell either)

Housing: But it was another racialized New Deal program, the Federal Housing Administration that helped generate much of the wealth that so many white families enjoy today. These revolutionary programs made it possible for millions of average white Americans - but not others - to own a home for the first time. The government set up a national neighborhood appraisal system, explicitly tying mortgage eligibility to race. Integrated communities were ipso facto deemed a financial risk and made ineligible for home loans, a policy known today as "redlining." Between 1934 and 1962, the federal government backed $120 billion of home loans. More than 98% went to whites of the 350,000 new homes built with federal support in northern California between 1946 and 1960, fewer than 100 went to African Americans.

So now that they are finally trying to give these same opportunities to minorities and foreigners people throw tantrums. I could give you a lot more examples.
  • ray Latti I... 2012/05/07 21:45:30
    ray
    +2
    You are taking a turn for race , I am referring to illegals entering the country. Race is relatively unimportant in this context. EU countries were intentionally ignored, however for legal immigration they fare not much better that other countries. EU countries are not as desperate as others.
    Eu could easily supply millions of immigrants if there were no obstacles to entry.

I'll stand by the assertion that the billions that go to bed hungry each night would love to come to this country if only to eat what is discarded.
    The option of garnering welfare , public housing , medical care , schools only raises the stakes. America cannot accept Hundreds of millions or a billion refugees from their home countries without also reducing its standard of living to the countries of the refugees.
  • Latti I... ray 2012/05/07 21:48:34
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    I stand by my assertion as well and of those who have always garnered the bulk of those said welfare programs.

2014/09/23 00:30:15