Should the country be ashamed of its mainstream media being in bed with one party?

Cliff 2013/02/25 13:01:31
Related Topics: Party, Media, Mainstream

• Phoenix2014 2013/03/03 00:04:55
    Phoenix2014
    Yes, because we get MSM outlets to an extreme side that divides Americans down the middle. We lack news that is actually fair and balanced and does not give a crap about this right, left nonsense. What happens if we had independent news? That would change how every American thought about politics. We don't need news people pandering to one side, we need fair objective analysis so WE can form the opinion. I don't care what Hannity, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly thinks. I don't about what Oberman and Maddow, thinks either! All I want is fair and unbiased news, thank the Lord for alternative media, because without them we would be totally lost as a country.
  • Jayachandran Superman 2013/03/01 13:14:14 (edited)
    Jayachandran Superman
    Opposition is neccessary
  • ALofRI 2013/02/26 17:36:48
    ALofRI
    I haven't seen that the "main stream media" is in bed with one party, but the "Shame Stream Media" certainly is. FOX?, RW Talk Radio?, R. Limbaugh? They're NOT in bed with "one Party"?? Even MSNBC has "Morning Joe", The Cycle has S.E.Cupp. CNN has Wolf Blitzer and others that cannot be called "liberals". You have inhaled too much FOX dung.
  • Cliff ALofRI 2013/02/26 22:10:18
    Cliff
    +2
    Conservative media is honest and many times balanced even though greatly outnumbered by liberal media.
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2013/02/26 16:10:49
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    Not only ashamed, but afraid.
  • RoyJLores 2013/02/26 16:08:25
    RoyJLores
    +2
    The MSM is in bed with the Establishment which controls the false 2 party system and both parties serve the Establishment as well...

msm bed establishment controls false 2 party parties serve establishment
  • Luke 2013/02/26 13:15:43
    Luke
    +3
    It's sad they turned into a bunch of whores for Obama...... we no longer have any thruth in the media.
  • Thom Payne 2013/02/26 13:10:22
    Thom Payne
    +1
    But what are they to do when they are owned by corporations who back the GOPerCONs?
  • skowcog 2013/02/26 12:49:24
    skowcog
    +3
    I am not ashamed I am angry. A democratic republic can not survive without a fair and just Media. They have abdicated the role in the process and do nothing but carry this administration water. It sickens me.
  • Radlad 2013/02/26 11:47:59
    Radlad
    +3
    ..........but the so-called press should not n\be in bed with either party. The press was suppose to be the watchdogs of the government. They were to keep the politicians at least half-ass honest. If they couldn't do that keep the people informed to make the right call at the ballot box...
  • lisa 2013/02/26 07:55:07
    lisa
    +3
    The Media should be ashamed PERIOD!!!!
  • HillaryLover 2013/02/26 07:27:37
    HillaryLover
    Is the FOX network considered "mainstream media?"
  • Cliff Hillary... 2013/02/26 12:13:35
  • Hillary... Cliff 2013/02/26 20:44:53
    HillaryLover
    +1
    Thanks, Monty.
  • Cliff Hillary... 2013/02/27 17:11:57
    Cliff
    +2
    De nada
  • Ladybythesea 2013/02/26 07:26:53
    Ladybythesea
    +1
    You know what , maybe you all should be thinking of it this way . They bring to the table what other petty news channels don't have the guts too. Yeah we all know who your talking about . So switch over to the local news , put your head back in the sand, and don't worry about it . The ONLY thing we should be ashamed of is we continue to let a muslim immigrant run our country into the ground !!!!!
  • Ladybyt... Ladybyt... 2013/02/26 07:33:31
    Ladybythesea
    +1
    ...... and do some digging into who owns those news channels . Start putting the pieces together, and you'll see just who is in bed with the government . ALL OF THEM !
  • redhorse29 2013/02/26 07:24:50
    redhorse29
    +1
    Yes. There is a greater evil lurking - the media is not beholding to the people or nation but political power based on their version of liberal progressive socialist elitism with the power in their control. The media sees itself as superior than the dirt filthy working class.
  • Ladybyt... redhorse29 2013/02/26 07:43:14
    Ladybythesea
    +1
    No , their told what to report and when to report it . This country is so easily diverted , twisted and turned , it makes me sick. The powers that be can leak something and it blows up . While their attention is diverted , they do something like import arms to other countries it goes wrong, people get killed and they get caught and lie their way out of it.
  • Dustin 2013/02/26 07:20:00
    Dustin
    I think both partys have foots in media that being said liberal outlets outnumber conservative outlets 3 to 1. And even smaller news outlets seem to always fall prey to reporting the same stories that the majority do. As they do not have resources to independently research all storys.

But there are three types left and right then middle. While middle sounds unbiased while they do not write all their articles as editorials. They still selectively screen and refuse to post storys that may portray a their associated party in bad light.

I mean you got a senator on hook for prostitution with underage girls. But instead of doing that story you write a article about a little girl who lost journal in walmart parking lot. Seriously whats more important what will get more interest. Probably the story about a corrupt senator. But yet they play the story about a little girls journal. What could possibly persuade a company to turn down a huge story like that.

I am ashamed that I have to watch 7 different news stations To actually get the news and even then I have to filter storys that dont have hard facts. None of this we have it on good authority from a anonymous source that called us on a payphone and said he worked for nasa crap.

But seriously news takes one or two small things a...

But seriously news takes one or two small things and uses them to create a entire story of here say and call it truth bunch of lying d-bags if you ask me. Both sides lie there asses of so I am doubly ashamed that our entire news misleads American public in order to subvert democracy and help leaders that continue to destroy our country get re elected.
  • handimom 2013/02/26 07:08:21
    handimom
    +1
    Ashamed that some is in bed with one and some with the other instead of providing accurate news.
  • Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL 2013/02/26 07:06:19
    Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL
    +2
    Pimps and whores all.
  • bpf 2013/02/26 05:17:28
    bpf
    +2
    Anyone with an ounce of respect for the Republic & the Constitution as President Jefferson a staunch believer in liberty and freedom. He once stated that he would rather a free press without a government than a government without a free press. So today we have no free press just the puppets of the Socialist President Obama!!!
  • kaZappoo 2013/02/26 05:15:51
    kaZappoo
    well YES ,,,but the programmed sheeples will never get it , and the media will continue to do their thing !

49% are ashamed ,,,!

51% are hypnotized !
  • Stinger61 2013/02/26 04:48:41
    Stinger61
    Every news outlet it seems is influenced either by one side or the other, or they are navigated by whoever owns the station and what political course they are on. This behavior is as old as news itself, remember William Randolph Hearst, and Yellow journalism, the only real way to see through the BS is to watch, read, listen and research everything you can, and then use common sense (and sometimes history) to form an opinion. News is business and to survive business has to profit. Sensationalism sells but sensational turmoil mixed with a good fight and a dash of the old good vs. evil struggle, sells even better.
    I just wish ALL of the news outlets would knock off the crap and accurately report the news, sifting through all of the nonsense gets really old sometimes. That will never happen though, there’s no profit in it.
  • AL 2013/02/26 04:30:55
    AL
    They remind me of the communist news media provda in Russia at this point! Selective news with very selective P.C. free speech as well!
  • LORROL 2013/02/26 04:12:22
    LORROL
    FOX is in bed with the radical right and MSNBC is in bed with the loony left and there are plenty of talk radio talking heads from both sides of talk radio but the rest of the journalist try hard to be ethical and verify their sources
  • AL LORROL 2013/02/26 04:34:32
    AL
    Communist Provda would be very proud of the Lame stream Media in this country today! Just Like Obama himself, Its either his own way or the high way now!
  • LORROL AL 2013/02/27 03:14:08
    LORROL
    If the conservatives would come up with an idea that has a margin of possible success they might get some support but so far they are willing to throw us all to the wolves rather than work something out with the president. Many of Obama's ideas originated in the republican party and now they will not support their own plans because he adopted them.
  • Cliff LORROL 2013/02/27 04:01:06
    Cliff
    Conservative leaders finally have a few good cards to play and I hope they play them well. Sequestration is a non-issue. The real issue is significant spending cuts and if the perception is that the sequestration cuts were not so bad, there will be a push for more cuts which is exactly what Obama does not want.
  • LORROL Cliff 2013/02/27 19:20:48
    LORROL
    We will see just how bad sequestrian is if it goes unresolved.
  • Cliff LORROL 2013/02/27 19:42:26
    Cliff
    You can bet your sweet ass that the MSM will play this up to be the most horrible thing that has befallen mankind in the last thousand years and everyone will want to get in a heartbreaking newspaper story about it. There will be starving children, people losing their jobs, old people dying, sick people not getting medical care, soldiers running out of bullets, women getting raped because of a police cut back, buildings burning down because of a firefighter cutback, kids failing in school because of a teacher cutback, blah blah blah......Let the witch hunt begin!
  • LORROL Cliff 2013/03/10 17:49:36
    LORROL
    +1
    and of course Rush will claim less cops, less military spending, less meals for poor kids is a good thing because it helps him stay a rich, big mouth, fat ass, and you will nod your head like a bobble-head in agreement.
  • Cliff LORROL 2013/03/11 11:59:37
    Cliff
    Us conservatives need liberal nutjobs like you to make us look good. Keep up the fine work.
  • LORROL Cliff 2013/03/11 21:03:12
    LORROL
    First of all I am not a liberal and you would have to stand next to my plumbers butt-crack to look good.
  • AL LORROL 2013/02/27 06:54:10
    AL
    You must be joking?Some magin of success???LMAO! Conservative Radio is the most popular Talk radio in this Country today! And Fox is always number one in cable news as well! Yet the lame stream media new on T.V. and Radio and print keep losing their rattings and customers every day now
  • Cliff AL 2013/02/27 11:12:57
    Cliff
    I must confess that the downward spiral of MSM is a trend I like : )
  • AL Cliff 2013/02/27 23:50:19
    AL
    LOL! And how about Fox and the VERY popular Conservative Radio then?
  • Cliff AL 2013/03/02 02:29:25
    Cliff
    They are both growing more popular every day. What about it?
  • AL Cliff 2013/03/02 07:18:51
    AL
    I just love it when you liberals complain about Fox and Conservative Radio! When you selective free speech idiots own the white House,the Senate, Most of our Socialist courts,Public Schools and Colleges,and damn near everything else in this Country today, Yet you just can't stand the fact that right wing speech is still SOOOOO much more popular, then the 24/7/365 propaganda your Lame stream media keeps putting out

2014/07/23 21:46:44