SHOULD TEXAS DIVORCE THE UNITED STATES?

Old Salt 2011/02/06 18:25:39
Yes, but take us with you!
Yes, Good Riddance
Undecided or NO!

DIVORCE AGREEMENT

TEXAS to: LIBERAL AMERICA

American liberals, leftists, social progressives, socialists, Marxists and Obama supporters, et al:

We have stood together since we became a state of the Union, December 29, 1849. We will never forget those from New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio & New Jersey who came to our call to defend the Alamo. Even greater thanks to the gentlemen from Kentucky and Tennessee! But lately, this whole election process has made us realize that we wish to divorce from this Country we have loved. I know we tolerated each other for many years for the sake of future generations, but sadly, this relationship has run its course. Our two ideological sides of America cannot and will not ever agree on what is right so let's just end it on friendly terms. We can smile and chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and go our own way.

Here is a model separation agreement:
Our two groups can equitably divide up the country by landmass each taking a portion. Since Louisiana has long been our neighbor, we strongly urge you release them from your Socialistic chains and have them independently come with us. Be it that you have treated Arizona as a “step-child”, we’re sure that you not mind those Patriots coming with us as well. Negotiable other states should include half the South and that big State Northwest of Canada. After that, it should be relatively easy! Our respective representatives can effortlessly divide other assets since both sides have such distinct and disparate tastes.

We don't like redistributive taxes so you can keep them. You are welcome to the liberal judges and the ACLU. Since you hate guns and war, we'll take our firearms, the cops, the NRA and the military. Since your President thumbs his nose at NASA, it’s here, we’ll keep that too!

You can keep Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Steisand, Jane Fonda & will even throw in the Dixie Chicks!

We'll keep the capitalism, greedy corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Wal-Mart and even move Wall Street to Houston at our expense!

You can have your beloved homeless, homeboys, hippies and all illegal aliens. We'll also take those “hot” Alaskan hockey moms, greedy CEO's and rednecks. We'll keep the Bibles and give you NBC and the rest of the liberal News Media.. Yes, of course we’ll take FOX!

You can make nice with Iran and Hugo Chavez and we'll retain the right to invade and hammer places that threaten us.

You can have the UNIONS and Liberal professors.
We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values. You are welcome to Islam, Scientology, Humanism, Shirley McClain & Tom Cruise. You can also have the U.N.. but we will no longer be members nor contributors.

We'll keep the SUVs, pickup trucks and over-sized luxury cars. You can take every Subaru station wagon you can find along with the $36K electric “roller skate” cars we helped produce with our taxes.

Take all the wind turbines and solar mirrors you can gather, we’ll keep our oil wells, open new ones and give you a 5% discount on what you pay the Arabs and Chavez for their’s…. Especially since it will be 30 years before you become a “green energy independent!” Come to think of it, you may as well throw in Colorado & North Dakota since they too have all that oil you think is so harmful to drill? That would take 87% of all that “nasty” stuff you pay trillions of dollars to nations that don’t really like you!

You can give everyone “affordable” healthcare but we will pay our doctors & surgeons for the years they have sacrificed to educate themselves. Caution, should you “nationalize” them, they will move here. We'll continue to believe healthcare is a luxury and you may continue to view it as a right.

We'll keep The Battle Hymn of the Republic and the National Anthem since your President forgets the words or to place his hand over his heart when singing, why would you want them? I'm sure you'll be happy to substitute, “’I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing’, ‘Kum Ba Ya’ or ‘We Are the World!’”

We'll practice trickle-down economics and you can continue to give trickle up poverty your best shot. Since it often so offends you, we'll retain our portion of American history, and still fly Old Glory above our own state flag. You may find a new one so your anti-American protesters can draw on it as much as they please.

Sincerely,

Old Salt

~Rewritten from John J. Wall letter to America

• Bozette 2011/02/06 18:30:39
    Yes, but take us with you!
    Bozette
    +40
    You did say I was an honorary Texan, right?!

May I suggest this as their new flag?
    honorary texan flag gay flag

• Mordeca... Liza Jane 2011/02/07 04:14:16
    Mordecai Jones
    +2
    Texas has a budget shortfall, not a deficit. The difference is that the net tax payers in Texas raised less money than the Democrats planned to spend. The Federal government has a budget deficit - the Democrats spent more money than the taxes can raise.
  • Liza Jane Mordeca... 2011/02/07 04:58:15
    Liza Jane
    +1
    "The difference is that the net tax payers in Texas raised less money than the Democrats planned to spend."

Please explain. Texas is run by Republicans.
  • Mordeca... Liza Jane 2011/02/07 14:10:55
    Mordecai Jones
    +1
    The spending plans and government expenses have been set over the past thirty years. We are just now beginning to be able to cut the size of government in many areas. Texas still has a serious problem with unfunded mandates from the Democrats in Washington.

As an example: We have agencies such as the Texas Natural Resources Conservation Commission which is the unfunded enforcement arm of the EPA in Texas. We have to pay for their imposition of Federal mandates that we have nothing to say about. We also have much better uses for the money we waste on those sort of agencies.

While we are obliged to provide money for the Federal military to waste in fighting in foreign countries we have a serious problem with illegal aliens and drug traffickers that goes completely unrestrained.

We can't even hold open elections without prior approval of the winners from the Federal "Justice" department.
  • Arizona... Mordeca... 2011/02/07 16:06:54 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    +2
    "We can't even hold open elections without prior approval of the winners from the Federal "Justice" department."

I'm learning we suffer from something similar here in AZ ... I keep meaning to look into it further, but something else always comes up. Brewer is trying put more emphasis on qualifying especially in Presidential elections and is being met with some opposition.

I can see why AZ's problems with the Federal Government is so similar with TX as we once where under her flag once were we not?
  • Mordeca... Arizona... 2011/02/07 18:39:39
    Mordecai Jones
    +1
    Arizona was not part of Coahuila y Texas. The original west boundary of Texas was the Rio Grande where it runs into present day New Mexico.

coahuila texas west boundary texas rio grande runs mexico Coahuila y Texas   map
  • Arizona... Mordeca... 2011/02/07 18:53:06
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Could have sworn I read somewhere that AZ came under TX during the time of the Civil War. Yet I also remember New Mexico was under Texas at one time. Thank you, I must have got confused and need to research better.
  • Arizona... Mordeca... 2011/02/08 02:50:38
    Arizona1950
    +1
    I hope you don't mind that I repost ... this is probably why I went off the path. There was a connection but not as I thought ... My apology to Old Salt for going off track.

The Territory of Arizona was a territory claimed by the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War, between 1861 and 1865. It consisted of the portion of the New Mexico Territory south of the 34th parallel north, including parts of the modern states of New Mexico and Arizona. Its capital was Mesilla along the southern border. The Confederate territory overlapped, but was not identical to, the Arizona Territory created by the United States in 1863.

The territory was officially declared on August 1, 1861, following the Confederate victory at the Battle of Mesilla. Confederate hold in the area was soon broken, however, after the Battle of Glorieta Pass, the defining battle of the New Mexico Campaign. In July, 1862, the government relocated to the town of El Paso, Texas, where it remained for the duration of the war.

The Confederate Arizona Territory was important to the role of the New Mexico Territory in the American Civil War, primarily because it offered Confederate access to Union California. Consequently it was the scene of several important battles in the war's Trans-Mississippi T...

The Confederate Arizona Territory was important to the role of the New Mexico Territory in the American Civil War, primarily because it offered Confederate access to Union California. Consequently it was the scene of several important battles in the war's Trans-Mississippi Theater.

They avoided capture by Union soldiers by fleeing to Mexico 10 miles away. In July 1861, a force of Texans under Lieutenant Colonel John Baylor arrived in El Paso, Texas, across the border from Mesilla.

Efforts by the Confederacy to secure control of the region led to the New Mexico Campaign. In 1862, Baylor was ousted as governor of the territory by Davis, and the Confederate loss at the Battle of Glorieta Pass forced their retreat from the territory. The following month, a small Confederate picket troop north of Tucson fought with an equally small Union cavalry patrol from California in the so-called Battle of Picacho Pass.

Before the Picacho Pass skirmish, Union and Confederate forces fought a smaller engagement, known as the Battle of Stanwix Station. By July 1862, Union forces were approaching the territorial capital of Mesilla, and the government vacated to Texas.

(I found it on wikipedia)
  • Mordeca... Arizona... 2011/02/08 03:55:06
    Mordecai Jones
    I am aware that government of The Territory of Arizona found temporary shelter within Texas. Arizona was never a part of Coahuila y Texas or The Republic of Texas or the State of Texas.

Then as now the Federal troops were attacking Arizona and then as now Texas came to the aid and assistance of Arizona.
  • Arizona... Mordeca... 2011/02/08 04:04:26
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Yes, I see that clearly between your map and what I found on wiki. I also see where I made my mistake in thinking AZ was also under the Republic of Texas. It seems the Federal Government has never done right by AZ or TX
  • Mordeca... Arizona... 2011/02/08 04:13:54
    Mordecai Jones
    +1
    The Federal Rulers have not done right by many of the States. Hence the dissatisfaction in the past and the dissatisfaction now.

The Federal government now exists to serve the interests of the Federal government.
  • HOMBRE 2011/02/06 19:25:22
    Yes, but take us with you!
    HOMBRE
    +9
    I wonder if Obama might get that memo? lol. Every state divorce from the Federal
  • Old Salt HOMBRE 2011/02/06 19:32:03
  • JT For Political Reform 2011/02/06 19:23:14
    Yes, but take us with you!
    JT For Political Reform
    +9
    Don't forget us......... forget michigan flag
  • Old Salt JT For ... 2011/02/06 19:29:20
  • JT For ... Old Salt 2011/02/06 19:33:11
    JT For Political Reform
    +7
    No problem, they can have Flint and Saginaw too.....lol.
  • Bozette JT For ... 2011/02/06 22:28:36
    Bozette
    +2
    Don't forget Bay City and Pontiac.
  • JT For ... Bozette 2011/02/06 22:58:26
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Okey dokey.
  • JanHopkins Old Salt 2011/02/06 19:52:59
    JanHopkins
    +1
    I won't miss 'em. They're a bunch of Hoohaws anyway.
  • Bozette Old Salt 2011/02/06 22:28:13
  • JanHopkins 2011/02/06 19:22:13
    Yes, but take us with you!
    JanHopkins
    +3
    What's taking you guys so long?
  • Old Salt JanHopkins 2011/02/06 19:30:36
  • Old Salt 2011/02/06 19:08:08
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2011/02/06 19:02:58
    Yes, but take us with you!
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +11
    Added agreement: We will not come to your aid and bail you out when you have no money, are being overran by the Muzzy horde, and/or realize Communism isn't what you thought it was.
  • McCate Demonic... 2011/02/07 17:37:28
    McCate
    +1
    EXACTLY, THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • RachelLord 2011/02/06 19:00:52 (edited)
    Yes, but take us with you!
    RachelLord
    +10
    EDITED BECAUSE I CAN"T TYPE ON A SMART PHONE!

When the liabilities outweigh the benefits of being in a contract, you either update the contract or end it.

I think that the states of New York, California, District of Columiba and Illinois should start their own union and leave the rest of the states alone.
  • Old Salt RachelLord 2011/02/06 19:10:01
  • RachelLord Old Salt 2011/02/06 19:12:15
    RachelLord
    +3
    Yes we do! Unfortunately he is not bidding for President, but he's got enough to do here! :)
  • Old Salt RachelLord 2011/02/06 19:22:29
  • RachelLord Old Salt 2011/02/06 19:25:03
    RachelLord
    +3
    Not at all.
  • BlueMax372 2011/02/06 19:00:51
    Yes, but take us with you!
    BlueMax372
  • Old Salt BlueMax372 2011/02/06 19:24:23
  • BlueMax372 Old Salt 2011/02/06 20:18:50
    BlueMax372
    +5
    I'm up for both. In fact, if I'm doing the negotiating, Texas can HAVE Disneyworld in exchange for assisting Florida in invading Cuba.
  • holly g... Old Salt 2011/02/07 01:35:15
    holly go lightly
    here here
  • dvines1951 2011/02/06 18:42:22
    Yes, but take us with you!
    dvines1951
    +5
    I am and always have been a Texan and with the resources we have we can do well on our own. We also retained the right to divide into 5 states and our flag flies at the same level as Old Glory.We could once again be the Republic of Texas.
  • Old Salt dvines1951 2011/02/06 18:46:00
  • dvines1951 Old Salt 2011/02/06 18:59:44
    dvines1951
    +4
    I was raised in the panhandle.... cattle,corn potatoes,sorghum,sugar beets,carrots,etc. I lived in Lubbock 30 years.....cotton,oil,natural gas. Now live in East Texas.....piney woods,oil,beautiful lakes etc.
  • wtxwoman dvines1951 2011/02/06 20:55:15
    wtxwoman
    I agree with your first sentence, but unfortunately you are mistaken on the second. We had that right when we first entered the Union, but after the Civil War we reentered under a different constitution and it did not have that clause.
  • Mordeca... wtxwoman 2011/02/07 04:24:16
    Mordecai Jones
    +2
    We can secede with the agreement of the several states per Justice Salmon P Chase and the majority ruling.

• Bozette 2011/02/06 18:30:39
    Yes, but take us with you!
    Bozette
    +40

May I suggest this as their new flag?
    honorary texan flag gay flag
  • Old Salt Bozette 2011/02/06 18:43:41

2014/10/25 19:46:00