Should Teen Be Allowed to Bring Porn Star to Prom?

Mike Stone's senior prom at Tartan High School was shaping up to be a real drag when the two dozen girls he asked at school turned him down, so instead of sulking about it or going stag, the 18-year-old Minnasotan took to Twitter. According to ANC News, Stone asked somewhere around 600 porn stars to prom through the social media site, promising dinner, a hotel, and a massage, and finally got a yes from 19-year-old adult film actress Megan Piper.

Unfortunately for them, the school caught wind of it and banned Piper from attending. Now Stone and Piper are planning their own "alternative" party, and inviting the rest of the school to attend that instead. Stone said, "I didn’t expect this to get blown up. It’s great. Everyone at my school is supporting me." Even Stone's mom is on his side, and told ABC News, "I was a little upset at first ... But I support him and I don’t understand what her profession has to do with anything." Do you think Mike Stone is entitled to bring a porn star as his date to prom?

• Donn Wright 2012/03/26 16:18:42 (edited)
    Donn Wright
    +27
    So now we have the date police? For those of you who said the rules are the rules, or something to that effect, you fully deserve (and apparently want) the police state this country is degenerating into.

Doesn't anyone ever question anymore where the governing body in question gets the authority for stuff like this? I'd be willing to bet dollars to dog turds the school doesn't have a written rule against a student bringing a porn star to a prom.

The people of this country now expect and accept that someone has the right to tell them what to do or not do 24/7/365 in the "land of the free and the home of the brave" without even bothering to wonder, much less ask if they have the right to do so.

Simply pathetic. Doesn't anybody have the balls anymore to just say NO?

• Lily Rosen renante... 2012/03/28 04:36:39
    Lily Rosen
    The moment you have sex, you become an addict. Unless you're one of those people who just don't feel it for some reason...
  • kobidob... renante... 2012/03/30 16:45:55 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    You are giving an accusation.The devil does that. it would be wise to stop right now.,
  • kobidob... kirsten 2012/03/30 16:44:30
    kobidobidog
    God does not see age. Humans do. God is better than we are. Think like him, and have him in you. Do you see what I am saying?
  • T 2012/03/27 22:04:31
    T
    +2
    She's only 1 year older than him, and as long as her occupation is a legal one, she should not be discriminated against for it. It's not like she's actually going to preform her profession at the prom. She is a human being with common sense. I highly doubt anyone in her position would find it worth getting arrested in that public of a venue, even if they wanted to.
  • The NJ ... T 2012/03/31 01:04:15
    The NJ Ladybug
    Yeah, she's one year older CHRONOLOGICALLY - but, he's posing in overalls in front of a car with a silly smile on his face, and she's naked in front of an also naked guy, can we even see his face. That's at least 10 years older, shall we say, SOCIALLY!

Wonderful.
  • T The NJ ... 2012/04/02 22:02:06
    T
    It appears that your argument requires a lot of "speculation". My argument is based on facts and the question of "Why the f*ck should you care or think it matters?" It's not like either one of these ADULTS is being forced into anything. They are going to a dance, not a marriage.
  • The NJ ... T 2012/04/09 01:38:33
    The NJ Ladybug
    You are missing the point: It is a school dance. Containing a whole bunch of school kids. In a school running with taxpayer money, following rules made for the "protection" and RESPECT for the students and their TAXPAYING COMMUNITY. Rules, ever heard of them? RESPECT, how about that word?

Have you seen her video?

Do you see any petition signed by all the seniors in that school INSISTING that Michael bring the porn actress to THEIR dance? You do realize that it's THEIR DANCE, TOO?
  • T The NJ ... 2012/04/09 22:19:25
    T
    If the "rules" were never questioned, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, blacks would still have to sit in the back of the bus, and the United States would still be British colonies.

How about the respect for Michael? He was (and is still) without a date for prom (which is a really depressing situation). What about respect for Megan Piper? She is a woman only one year older than Michael, and she is being treated like bringing her to prom is like bringing an untouchable to eat at a Brahmin table. (Indian caste system reference.) Just because you don't agree with someone's employment, doesn't mean that they are a bad person.

If bringing an Irish guy to a prom offended the mostly Italian community, would we be seeing such adamant defense of the Italians in that scenario? Please ask yourself WHY you are so offended. Then, ask yourself if that is FAIR to the people you are judging.
  • EJ 2012/03/27 21:57:12
    EJ
    +2
    If she's not "working" at his prom, then what difference does it make? I could understand if she was a murderer, pedophile, or anything else illegal. But she's not, so the school needs to let it go.
  • Anthony Grippi 2012/03/27 21:56:29 (edited)
    Anthony Grippi
    +2
    Let the guy have his moment, he may never get another one. I say good for him, maybe he'll get lucky. I'm sure there's plenty of real sluts that attend that school, and will be at prom. They just give it away, rather than being entrepreneurial. If they don't let him, he should just go on a date with her and say screw the prom. Last I checked though, what rule is he breaking by bringing her. How would they know otherwise that she's a porn star. Let the guy have his glory. Does he look like he has a lot of chances to be the man for a night. He would be that night, showing up with her.
  • JayRevo... Anthony... 2012/03/27 22:27:13
    JayRevolution
    +2
    There are tons of sluts at that school, trust me, I have to see them everyday. People don't care if Megan comes, it's just the school who is being uptight when they should be worrying about the freshmen hooking up on the football field... but that's a story for another time.
  • macy 2012/03/27 21:50:06
    macy
    +2
    She's just going to the prom, she's not "working" there.
  • tinaluwho 2012/03/27 21:39:59
    tinaluwho
    +2
    Who gives them the right to discriminate? I'm sure the students and teachers are not all little angels either.....
  • Christian Alexander Tietgen 2012/03/27 21:33:48
    Christian Alexander Tietgen
    +2
    Why not? He should bring the girl he likes.
  • Artisan Rose ☽✪☾☥ 2012/03/27 21:31:28
  • GutReactionJournal 2012/03/27 21:24:55 (edited)
    GutReactionJournal
    +4
    Why not? I'll bet inside traders go to proms too. Maybe even budding politicians who are much worse than porn stars. I'll bet car thieves and small-time drug dealers go to proms all the time. At least porn stars make their money honestly (and legally).

Should your occupation be a reason to let you in or keep you out?
  • Vipor_GG GutReac... 2012/03/27 23:20:54
    Vipor_GG
    That's funny! My first thought was at least she isn't a politician.
  • GutReac... Vipor_GG 2012/03/27 23:43:51
    GutReactionJournal
    +1
    And she works for a living and doesn't depend on handouts from very rich people to pay her way as politicians do.

And also, unlike politicians, porn stars don't pretend to be anything other than what they are.
  • Vipor_GG GutReac... 2012/03/28 00:22:53
    Vipor_GG
    Very few politicians have ever earned my respect and most of those did something to lose it. At least porn stars only screw the willing!
  • GutReac... Vipor_GG 2012/03/28 01:07:34
    GutReactionJournal
    +1
    Exactly. Porn stars perform for willing viewers and are paid to do that my the same people. They take nothing from anyone against their will.
  • Lucy Krueger 2012/03/27 21:21:27
    Lucy Krueger
    +3
    Is she gonna shoot a movie at the prom?No?Then why shouldn't she be allowed to go?If she was a murder,or a drug dealer,or a politician,then it would make sense banning her.
  • Anonamous 2012/03/27 21:19:15
    Anonamous
    +2
    Every one that is saying no its beacause there mad no pornstar ever went to prom with them in other words jealous
  • beach bum 2012/03/27 21:15:48
    beach bum
    +1
    i don't see what the big deal is, i took a porn star to my prom :-)
  • The NJ ... beach bum 2012/03/28 01:45:47
    The NJ Ladybug
    on that bike?
  • beach bum The NJ ... 2012/03/30 03:03:32 (edited)
    beach bum
    no, i built that bike after the prom...lol
    but seriously, i met her in San Francisco at a let us call it " a discreet club " :-)
  • AttilaTheHun 2012/03/27 21:13:28
    AttilaTheHun
    +1
    So this would make somebody uncomfortable? How is that different than a gay or a lesbian couple showing up?
  • Apen 2012/03/27 20:43:45
    Apen
    +1
    All I can say is that it is a direct reflection on both the abuse of our public property by turning our education centers into pornographic centers and the parents of the district where this little "John" attends his last days as a child. More's the pity. FYI, I have no issues with sex other than it isn't a career, it's just a method of making money .
  • HotNoob Apen 2012/03/27 21:24:17
    HotNoob
    +2
    have you seen what teens wear to school nowadays?
  • Artisan... HotNoob 2012/03/27 21:33:37
    Artisan Rose ☽✪☾☥
    it's sad that I get stopped by security at my school for wearing a tank top that hides my boobs and bra straps but when skanks walk by wearing revealing outfits and killer stillettos they don't get stopped
  • erix Apen 2012/03/27 21:37:55
    erix
    I'm pretty sure she was just going to be his date to the prom. I didn't read anywhere that she was going to put on an exhibition on the dance floor. She's a human being, she doesn't do anything illegal. How can the school say he can't ask anyone he wants to?
  • Legit_L... erix 2012/03/27 22:26:59
    Legit_Lard_Ass
    Ya i totally agree with you there. Its like the school has to set up relationships for everyone which is WAYYY wrong
  • Jimmeh Apen 2012/03/28 00:18:33
    Jimmeh
    +1
    Whoa. She wasn't going to go naked or anything, was she? Where the hell'd you pull "pornographic centers" from? You suddenly think that school administrators have the right to dictate who a person can and can't take to prom, based on personal morals rather than objective rules?

Fine, just throw away the laws. Why not just have one uptight idiot tell everybody else what to do? [/sarcasm]
  • JAmes Rice 2012/03/27 20:41:13
    JAmes Rice
    Id be stoked
  • D S 2012/03/27 20:35:11
    D S
    What if he wanted to bring someone "Evil"? Like a Lawyer, or a Politician? How about some, wall street speculators or Insurance adjustor.
    Pretty sad when attendance is based on occupation.

Did you know that Megan Piper has a "Tumblr" account? First listing on "Google" search... and "Twitter/Face Book"
  • The NJ ... D S 2012/03/31 01:08:00
    The NJ Ladybug
    OMG! And, you don't think flyers like these would not have been posted all around the prom place?
  • RyokuSonic 2012/03/27 20:30:28
    RyokuSonic
    +8
    At first I was laughing at "shaping up to be a real drag when the TWO DOZEN girls he asked at school turned him down. Poor Kid :( But now I just went into WTF? mode when the school banned a regular 19 year old to go to prom with a boy.

What right does the school have to disallow someone just because of their profession. What's Next? The type of clothes? Type of hair? Religion? Color? For god sakes I think these idiots could go to gender with the way our country is degrading.

It's basically saying "Hey Loser! You can't get a date like that! That's cheating! Your ugly and alone so STAY ugly and alone"
    (For god sakes he isn't even ugly lol....)
  • Lau 2012/03/27 20:29:41
    Lau
    +2
    Who cares what her profession is? That's her business and hers alone. It's not like she's going to blow him after prom or something, and even if she did that sure wouldn't be the school's business either!
  • jim 2012/03/27 20:29:12
    jim
    +2
    That would be a BIG victory for that lad. Let him end high school on a high note.
  • Chef Bunyan 2012/03/27 20:24:25
    Chef Bunyan
    The ONLY reason I disagree with his being allowed to take her to the prom is it's gonna be a media circus! I wouldn't want the Lame Stream Media doing a story on me for ANY reason because the TRUTH WILL NOT BE REPORTED!! It's ANYTHING for a story!
  • kayla010marie 2012/03/27 20:23:54
    kayla010marie
    +2
    Why not? Its not like she's gonna be shooting a movie at the te prom..

2014/09/16 07:29:42