Should Teen Be Allowed to Bring Porn Star to Prom?

Mike Stone's senior prom at Tartan High School was shaping up to be a real drag when the two dozen girls he asked at school turned him down, so instead of sulking about it or going stag, the 18-year-old Minnasotan took to Twitter. According to ANC News, Stone asked somewhere around 600 porn stars to prom through the social media site, promising dinner, a hotel, and a massage, and finally got a yes from 19-year-old adult film actress Megan Piper.

Unfortunately for them, the school caught wind of it and banned Piper from attending. Now Stone and Piper are planning their own "alternative" party, and inviting the rest of the school to attend that instead. Stone said, "I didn’t expect this to get blown up. It’s great. Everyone at my school is supporting me." Even Stone's mom is on his side, and told ABC News, "I was a little upset at first ... But I support him and I don’t understand what her profession has to do with anything." Do you think Mike Stone is entitled to bring a porn star as his date to prom?

• Donn Wright 2012/03/26 16:18:42 (edited)
    Donn Wright
    +27
    So now we have the date police? For those of you who said the rules are the rules, or something to that effect, you fully deserve (and apparently want) the police state this country is degenerating into.

Doesn't anyone ever question anymore where the governing body in question gets the authority for stuff like this? I'd be willing to bet dollars to dog turds the school doesn't have a written rule against a student bringing a porn star to a prom.

The people of this country now expect and accept that someone has the right to tell them what to do or not do 24/7/365 in the "land of the free and the home of the brave" without even bothering to wonder, much less ask if they have the right to do so.

Simply pathetic. Doesn't anybody have the balls anymore to just say NO?

• Buffalo... Commrad... 2012/04/09 21:43:01
    Buffalobill91
    I love your answer but I dislike your avatar.
  • Commrad... Buffalo... 2012/04/12 01:04:43
    Commrade#371
    +1
    If I ask why we are going to get off topic. So Im just going to accept that
  • Buffalo... Commrad... 2012/04/12 01:05:38
    Buffalobill91
    :)
  • Commrad... Buffalo... 2012/04/12 01:11:50
    Commrade#371
    +1
    However, your Avatar is quite interesting.
  • Faye Kane Commrad... 2012/06/04 01:42:05
    Faye Kane
    Is that Karl Marx?

I love your avatar too!
  • Faye Kane Buffalo... 2012/06/04 01:41:40
    Faye Kane
    I LO♥E your avatar!!
  • awesomnes295 2012/03/31 13:51:49
    awesomnes295
    Hey its not like she'll do what she does of being a porn star at the prom. And he asked a girl, she said yes and he should be allowed to bring Megan Piper
  • skisicks 2012/03/31 07:37:22 (edited)
    skisicks
    I think if he asked the girls at his High School and none of them would say yes, he should be able to take whom ever he asks that says yes. No matter there profession. This has gotten over exposed, for being a High School Prom. You can't tell what the profession of the six people in this picture is, so whats the issue, she is close to his age. Megan Piper Megan Piper Megan Piper
  • mind-pilot 2012/03/31 02:10:16
    mind-pilot
    Hey, we created this we gotta live with it. Big deal, a working girl. She ain't "porning-off" at the prom is she? That could be a reason to ban her.
  • ruthannhausman 2012/03/30 19:06:33
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    I say yes, but don't think I think it's a fantastic idea. Hey, the woman -- yes, woman -- is a porn star, people. And we're talking about a high-school prom situation. The kids are still in school. But if the boy and his parents don't have a problem with him taking her to the dance, then she should be permitted to attend. But Mike Stone should have avoided all the brouhaha and asked somebody more appropriate for the occasion. But that's just good taste, I guess. Since he did it anyway, if there's a problem with it, it should remain with him and his family and the school doesn't need to interfere. Unless, of course, the porn star misbehaved at the prom. But, hey, the same will be true for all prom attendees, not just the porn star.
  • mind-pilot ruthann... 2012/03/31 02:14:21
    mind-pilot
    Hey, Mike Stone is 18 years old. He's an adult. He's no child. If she's over 18 she's an adult too. What are you people talking about? This is an adult decision.
  • ruthann... mind-pilot 2012/03/31 09:10:34
    ruthannhausman
    Come on, everybody wants to rush into the world on magic days, like an 18th birthday or whatever. The kid hasn't graduated high school yet. Almost, but not yet. He's still a dumb kid. Time enough to be an "adult." What's wrong with society (families) attempting to preserve the fond memories of "children" and their lives and their families' lives right up t the very "end," which is graduation from high school? But, hey, I'm sure Mike took the porn star to the prom like he wanted.

He can be glad I'm not his mother, though. Porn star? I'm sorry, but she's catapulted into adulthood far, far faster than the rest of the prom attendees. I'm surprised she even consented to go. Oh, well, it's been way too long since I've had to think about any proms.
  • mind-pilot ruthann... 2012/04/02 15:22:16
    mind-pilot
    +1
    I tend to agree with you. But, as the elders of this society, we have allowed this to happen. Legally, Mike is an adult. What is to catapult one? We have encouraged this on our internets. We as a nation are the largest "exporter" of pornography in the world. We want life both ways but we created this. Not Mike. We are living in our own garbage and still saying we don't stink. What's up with that?
  • ruthann... mind-pilot 2012/04/02 17:36:16
    ruthannhausman
    What's up is that people who hate this stuff, as we both evidently do, don't get together and work to eliminate as much of the smut as possible. We leave it to law enforcement, which is bogged down on life-and-death issues of its own already, plus the new threats to our freedoms and whatnot. To clean up the mess, folks need to first decide it needs to be cleaned up. Then we need to start preparing for the big fight, as there is going to be one. People such as myself have good intentions but lack the motivation and/or leadership talents to accomplish this most difficult task.

What should be one of the most persuasive arguments in our favor is the quote directly from Ted Bundy -- oh, he's a perfect one for this point -- where he stated something to the effect (not sure it's verbatim) of: "If you want to eliminate people like me in your society, don't burn (???), burn Hustler." Darn, I can't remember how that goes. But you get the point, yes?

You are totally correct. Everything is cleavage, sexual innuendo and oftentimes downright explicit sex. It's on our children's TV's all the time now because Mom and Dad aren't monitoring them 24/7 and they get tuned in occasionally. Not to mention directly on their laptops. Products are advertised with allusions to sex. And drugs a...

You are totally correct. Everything is cleavage, sexual innuendo and oftentimes downright explicit sex. It's on our children's TV's all the time now because Mom and Dad aren't monitoring them 24/7 and they get tuned in occasionally. Not to mention directly on their laptops. Products are advertised with allusions to sex. And drugs are not pooh-poohed at all, but the user is the "hero" of the story or the main point of humor or what have you. I have a great sense of humor. I think some things naughty can be funny also, but I want a counterbalancing point written into the script that doesn't show law enforcement as some idiot boob who is just ruining kids' fun and not worth paying attention to. Know what I mean?

We have become a country of PC-itis. You and I are dummies if we talk about cleaning up the garbage. You know that, don't you? If I tell my neighbor that her daughter's wearing that shirt that bares her boobs and her skirt is too short to properly cover her private parts and that I believe if she goes out to parties or in public dressed like that she will be more likely to become a rape victim, I am instantly chastised for trying to stomp on the little girl's cilvil rights to dress as she pleases. So I keep my mouth shut, yes? (Well, no, I don't, but most people do.)

If I try to point out the studies and factoids that prove that, in the majority -- that is the point, nothing is 100%, always exceptions in everything -- that persons who smoke pot risk becoming hooked on more serious, dangerous substances, I encounter tremendous arguments and animosity. Even though I personally had two friends in my past who ended up just like that, one of whom mocked me terribly when we'd have that discussion. Ironic, to say the least.

Point being? I never told the neighbor that her daughter cannot wear what she wanted, I merely pointed out the results of studies. Same with the pot. Never told the idiots not to smoke it, just pointed out things I had read and heard. The choice was theirs. However -- and this is the point -- by making that knowledge readily and frequently available to young folks, they are going to make up their own minds, based on the facts and their desire not to tempt Fate.

See, we don't give our youth any credit for having brains or character at all and so we don't strive to educate them more thoroughly on things that involve personal integrity, character, etc. Or health. Track down the kids who were exposed to lengthy education about the effects of smoking cigarettes. You know, where they were given real medical histories, pictures, diagnoses, the whole nine yards. Check and see if they ever smoked cigarettes.

That's just a small example of what I'm talking about. Sure, yo'ure going to have the rebels who just aren't going to learn. Gonna do it anyway, to hell with Big Brother or whatever. But, overall, give the kids the proper education and the majority will make the right choices. Then the ones who make the wrong choices will be a far lesser number and our legal system and medical community will better be able to handle them.

I did it again. Verbose. Sorry. Thanks for the opportunity to chat, though. :)
  • mind-pilot ruthann... 2012/04/02 17:51:14
    mind-pilot
    You are enlightening, but we are doomed. By our own hand. We do it to ourselves. I'm in my 60's, never, in all my thoughts, did I think I'd be watching commercials for vaginal dryness and erection dysfunction on my television. Something about "free speech". I agree with you. But, as a draftee in the late sixties I was against the draft, now, by watching the degregation of today's young men I am all for the draft.
    Like I said we are doomed, by our own hand. Mike was of age to pick his date. I support that too. Hey, from my understandings Mary Magdelene had her profession also and my Christ accepted that. No biggee.......Take another hit....of fresh air. Hey, the chic could've been a snuff film star....what's worse?
  • ruthann... mind-pilot 2012/04/04 08:16:21
    ruthannhausman
    You know, mind-pilot, I am likewise in my 60's and you are ever so correct. Our times were much simpler in many respects but, you know what? We had out problems as well. Our parents had their hands full with us, just as we have ours full with the kids today. I guess some things never change.

Only thing I can comment on is I try to keep up with what's going on currently and then I pick out what's going to be acceptable to me and what's not. Behavior-wise, that is. Some things, such as clothing styles or things like that, repel me at first glance. And then I sit back and say to myself, "Can I live with this or is it a big deal to fight it?" Most of the time I finally break down and accept what I'm seeing and refuse to allow it to bother me anymore. That way I can concentrate on griping about what's really wrong and unacceptable. Does that sound about right to you?

As long as people such as yourself and I are around to point things out in a rational, persuasive manner, we are not doomed. Then, after our time has passed and we go on to bigger and better things, who cares if the little jackasses blow themselves off the face of the earth, right? (Just kidding on that one, gotta remember the loved ones.)

Seriously, I just try to enlighten folks as I go along, not preaching...

Seriously, I just try to enlighten folks as I go along, not preaching but just by "doing," if you get my drift. "Teach by example," I believe we used to say. Sometimes, by golly, it actually works. So keep your chin up, my friend, this is our world and it's all we've got, so don't let it depress you, please!

And you are right about that draft. As a side note, I come from an all military family, so I never was against the draft. But I know and understand how guys felt about it then, and if I was subject to it as well, I probably would have felt the same. No young person wants any authority figure, either a parent or the government, telling them they have to do anything, period. And particularly go to war. So I understand the basic dislike of the draft.

But, on the other hand, by making those young men go into service for their country for two years -- wasn't that the requirement? I can't remember, I'm a girl and we weren't subject to draft in those days. Anyway, the draft actually gave those young men a little more time to finish "growing up." You are a child, then adolescent, then teen years and, whoops, all of a sudden you graduate from high school and you're thrust into the real world. Perhaps you go to college, that's nice, but you lose that "security" of Mom and Dad. By serving in the military, the guys got the chance to live "on their own" while at the same time never having to worry about a roof over their heads or food in their stomachs if they didn't manage to be "successful" right away.

I don't know, I just think that's what I saw. Just a little extra time for our "children" to grow into responsible adults. Not happening today very much, I'm afraid. I've got a case in my very own family that is breaking my heart. I wish he'd be subject to a draft! He just needed a little more time to put things into perspective. The talent, brains, everything was there except the motivation to actually point to the right direction. I just pray it's not too late for him. But, yes, the draft might have really helped! Oh, well....

Thanks for the discussion, I've enjoyed it. Have a good week, what's left of it. :)
  • mind-pilot ruthann... 2012/04/05 01:52:53
    mind-pilot
    You're a good lady. You have the kind of heart we need. Thankfully my kids turned out great....well....one is still a pip but she's my baby. Have your family member join the military. It'll be the best three years he/she ever experienced.
    Rock on ol' lady(repectfully....it's a 50's-60's thing)......
    The Old Man Down the Road
    Geezers Rock!
  • ruthann... mind-pilot 2012/04/05 18:51:53
    ruthannhausman
    Geezers Rock Carefully! And thanks for the uplifting comments! :) We're trying desperately to point him into the military line of work but so far it ain't happenin'. Ah so, this too shall pass. :)
  • Faye Kane mind-pilot 2012/06/04 03:17:49
  • Faye Kane ruthann... 2012/06/04 03:07:20
  • ruthann... Faye Kane 2012/06/04 22:44:45
  • Murph 65 ruthann... 2012/06/05 15:29:52
    Murph 65
    Great replay, Ruth, way to go.
  • Kenneth... ruthann... 2012/03/31 07:52:58
    Kenneth Huang
    +2
    He did try asking "somebody more appropriate for the occasion" - two dozen of them, apparently.
  • ruthann... Kenneth... 2012/03/31 09:02:48
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    And he wanted to go to his prom, I get it. And so I said okay, if that's who he wanted to take to the prom, the only thing stopping him would be his parents, if they wanted to. But I guess I'm old-fashioned in that I picture a prom with all of the students from the particular school attending the function. I would assume that the porn star isn't a student at that school or any school maybe. When all is said and done, however, he pretty much should be able to take whomever he chooses. Hope they had a good time and people didn't harass them too much.
  • mind-pilot ruthann... 2012/06/04 15:08:50
    mind-pilot
    But it is truly obvious our "innocense is gone". I blame it on the computer. The most aggressive experiment in anarchy the wold has ever known. But, we've opened this box and we will be consumed by it. Good luck with your son. All of mine just slipped-in under the wire and see the need for "personal contact" overrides any need for a computerized message. God has blessed us. Man? That's another story......Geezers Rock....carefully.......
  • Heat Her 2012/03/30 18:38:36
    Heat Her
    +2
    Half the girls going to prom will be porn stars by the end of the night anyway
  • Karinetta 2012/03/30 17:04:23
    Karinetta
    Why not go all out and recruit pretty girls from houses of prostitution for proms?!
  • Watermusicranger 2012/03/30 08:22:28
    Watermusicranger
    What is the problem with this???? They are of legal age to make their own decisions.
  • clarewblue 2012/03/30 04:57:10
    clarewblue
    as long as the parents know who cares. and she is the same age as hime. so i say ok. also as long as she dressed proper.
  • buddy1348 2012/03/30 02:37:31
    buddy1348
    That lucky bastard... lol
  • MissGates 2012/03/30 02:19:08
    MissGates
    +1
    I don't see why not! It's only a prom date... I don't know why it matters that she's a porn star.. He's 18, she's 19, what's the matter? -_______-"
  • romanticlove8 2012/03/30 02:12:46
    romanticlove8
    +1
    Eeeew! That kid looks stupid and obviously is, he probably only asked the popular girls out :P There's more than 2 dozen girls in h.s.
    But whatever, virgin boy probably got endless diseases from that chick anyway XD
    Maybe he should be less superficial ;)
  • xXBroke... romanti... 2012/03/30 19:53:37
    xXBrokenHeartXx
    +3
    What the heck is wrong with you? Have some respect. You don't know who he could have asked out, and how dare you call him stupid and say that he is. You obviously must think pretty highly of yourself, everyone has to look stupid sometimes.
  • ogre 2012/03/30 00:15:19
    ogre
    +1
    Hey, if the guy really wants to got to prom and none of the ladies in his high school were willing to go with him, then you've gotta take matters into your own hands. Personally I thought high school formal dances were a waste of time and money and besides I was the shy, retiring type back then. It sounds like this kid is taking the initiative and making sure that he can enjoy the prom in spite of the cold-shoulder he recieved from his co-ed classmates. It's not like he's going to perform pornographic acts at the dance or that he's committed any crime. She's only 19 and, hell, at my high school you always had 20 year old guys or sometimes older escorting ladies. I recall that several of those ladie who were going with guys 2, 3, 4 or more years older than them had baby bumps at the prom. There's a great message to send if anything: don't use birth control, date an older guy, be sexually active with him and have a child at age 17. If that message is o.k. then so should this be allowed.
  • vafyredawg 2012/03/29 20:22:02
    vafyredawg
    +2
    Why not? It's not like they are doing a shoot there at the prom. I think the school brought discredit upon themselves and has shown the students a "do as I say..." attitude that will hurt them in the end.
  • BabyBear 2012/03/29 19:57:22
    BabyBear
    Why not? And on the sarcastic side: in this economy, it might be helpful to young adults to see someone that is employed instead of whining that no one is willing to hire them for $100k/year to start
  • marlen 2012/03/29 15:31:31
    marlen
    +1
    Why not?
  • BrianD3 2012/03/29 14:34:59
    BrianD3
    +1
    that guy ROCKS!! Just goes to show the girls at his school are missing out on sombody cool!
  • M'lud 2012/03/29 14:01:24
    M'lud
    The school has no right to tell him who he can date. On the other hand, this guy must have some serious issues if two dozen of his classmates turned him down.
  • jerrrr 2012/03/29 11:26:43
    jerrrr

2014/11/22 16:44:22