Should State and Federal Governments Ban the Over the Counter Drugs Known as "Bath Salts"?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/31 03:42:11
Bath Salts are too dangerous to remain legal because....
Bath Salts are fairly harmless because.....
Other Thoughts!
Unless you been off-line, since last weekend.You have read or heard about the grisly case of the Miami "Face Chewer" man.Where police had to shoot and kill a crazy naked man.Who was in the process of chewing and eating/spitting out the face off another naked man!

It is believed that the guy was "high" on "Bath Salts".And when the police officer order the guy to stop.The guy pulled and growled at the Police officer.And continued to rip off pieces of the other guy's face.And the police officer had to shoot 6 times to kill the guy!

Here are several articles for further exploration of the dangers of this latest 'legal' street drug!

Why 'bath salts' are dangerous
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/29/why-bath-salts-are-d...

How Do 'Bath Salts' Drive People Crazy?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47617819?gt1=43001#.T8i-67Btq8A

Medical info about "Bath Salts":
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/bath-salts-drug-d...

It seems that the drugs known as "Bath Salts" have been causing a lot of havoc around the country.With a whole lot of people ending up in emergency rooms,agitated,violent and psychotic that a small army of medical workers are required to hold them down!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/us/17salts.html?pagewanted=all

Is it time that these over the counter designer drugs "Bath Salts" be banned?

• U-Dog 2012/05/31 04:05:14
    Other Thoughts!
    U-Dog
    +9
    Sure, why not... I mean that prohibition thing is working out so great and making all so much safer, right? (sarc)

• Red Branch 2012/08/16 16:34:38
    Red Branch
    +1
    We don't need more crazies out there.
  • teigan 2012/08/05 20:12:42
    Other Thoughts!
    teigan
    +1
    Kids are going to get high on anything they can find. The huff paint, we can't ban paint. When I had a home in Texas kids sucked all the frion out of my air conditioner unit. I know a lot of people will not agree with me, but if you want to stop kids from dying getting high on these chemicals then we should legalize pot. It's a natural plant, if it were legalized you could make sure it was pure with no chemical additives. I'm not saying that we should sell it to kids, but alcohol is not sold to kids and they manage to get it anyway. At least kids wouldn't be dying from using it. Banning doesn't work, they just come up with new ways to get high.
  • Ciarog 2012/08/04 06:21:23
    Ciarog
    There is no risk in the use of Bath Salts at all. End of story. Period.

The people who went insane because of them would have gone insane from another stimulus such as caffeine or being cut off in traffic by a fool in a lexus. All the bath salts did was speed it up by a day or two.

There is no, and there never will be because of impossibility scientific evidence for bath salts being bad. You might as well argue that unicorns are real.
  • Stevern... Ciarog 2012/08/04 13:47:04
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Are you trying to justify your personal use/abuse of "Bath Salts" ?

WebMD completely disagrees with your accretion "There is no risk in the use of Bath Salts at all. End of story. Period."

http://www.webmd.com/mental-h...
  • Ciarog Stevern... 2012/08/04 14:55:07
    Ciarog
    WebMD's ties to jewish front organizations make me question every single one of their assertions.

Why should people listen to a group that wants everyone's mind to be dulled so they can get away with raping America's children without consequences?
  • texasred Ciarog 2012/08/04 22:21:41
    texasred
    +3
    What the hell are you talking about?
  • JT For ... texasred 2012/08/05 02:35:58
    JT For Political Reform
    +3
    He has no frigging clue.
  • texasred JT For ... 2012/08/05 22:30:17 (edited)
    texasred
    +3
    Sounds like another nutcase on the loose. Wonder if he's the jerk in Wisconsin that killed innocent Sikhs!!
  • JT For ... texasred 2012/08/05 23:22:55
    JT For Political Reform
    +3
    If he isn't, he might be the next nutcase to explode.
  • texasred JT For ... 2012/08/06 18:08:47
    texasred
    +3
    I tell you, they're coming out of the woodwork here on SH.
  • JT For ... texasred 2012/08/06 18:53:58
    JT For Political Reform
    +3
    Just imagine how bad it's going to get by November. Bet things will quiet down a lot when Oblunder loses in November.
  • texasred JT For ... 2012/08/07 00:45:52
    texasred
    +3
    I'm praying!!
  • JT For ... Ciarog 2012/08/05 02:36:47
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    I think you been snorting bath salts. You are fuked up in the head.
  • 001 2012/06/10 16:18:19
  • Buoyant Leadraft 2012/06/08 17:34:29 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +3
    I don't want to have my face eaten off by some strange person on the subway.

bath salts
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/06/02 20:50:05
    TruBluTopaz
    +2
    Let's face it, people who use this stuff aren' the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree to start with. Adding the potential for them to go psychotic is not a good thing. You would think headshops would want to avoid becoming so high profile. It's just a good excuse to shut them down....
  • antlergirl21 2012/06/02 01:03:59
    antlergirl21
    +3
    Well that guy eating the homeless guy's face is enough evidence for me.
  • goblue1968 2012/06/01 23:07:24
    Other Thoughts!
    goblue1968
    +2
    Oh, damn. Now I'm gonna have to go back to sniffin' glue again! I better go check my stash before they try to outlaw that too!
  • BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2012/06/01 18:45:11
    Other Thoughts!
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +2
    China should be ashamed for importing this stuff to the United States. is this their form of health care? just imagine, what would happen to a person over a period of time absorbing those bath salts through your skin
  • Stevern... BOOGIE-... 2012/06/02 12:41:55
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    The 'bath salts' referred to in my question aren't the same thing that women pour into their bathtub.These designer drugs are called bath salts,plant food etc...And labeled "not for human consumption" to get around the drug laws.These drug are then snorted,smoked & injected by its users.

http://media2.wptv.com//photo...
    consumption drug laws drug snortedsmoked injected users httpmedia2 wptv comphoto
  • BOOGIE-... Stevern... 2012/06/02 14:16:49
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +1
    Thanks,For the information, has anyone gotten in touch with National institute on drugs about this? This is serious
  • Stevern... BOOGIE-... 2012/06/02 20:34:23
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    This horrible attack in Miami has gotten the attention of Congress,DEA,etc..
    http://www.usnews.com/news/ar...

Sometimes it takes a high-profile case to finally get government to take action!
  • AustinEngy Stevern... 2012/06/10 05:48:27
    AustinEngy
    The thing is, Bath Salts were originally the compound MDPV, which was an Amphetamine-like salt. It's been federally illegal, (Schedule I) for almost a year now. Designer drugs are made by professional chemists, most of the time even licensed chemists. Every time the Government bans one substance, another pops up. If you remember, there was complaints about K2 and Spice a while ago, so the Government banned the cannabinoids that those drugs contained. Guess what? K3 comes out, still gets people high, but is even MORE dangerous! With the original Bath Salts, there were a few suicides and even some overdoses. Now, we have flesh-eating zombies, who before ingesting the white powdery substances, were normal human beings. So stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it! I think the Government should just make some of the less harmful drugs, Marijuana, Khat, and Mild Hallucinogens legal. That way, people wouldn't even buy dangerous, "legal" drugs. If you could just go out and buy weed from a legal, reputable dealer, why would anyone try these synthetic drugs out in the first place?
  • Stevern... AustinEngy 2012/06/10 13:42:04
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    So your answer to this problem is to make "Marijuana, Khat, and Mild Hallucinogens legal". Then idiots don't be interested in these potently dangerous "Bath Salts".

Good luck with that argument.....LMBO!
  • Buoyant... Stevern... 2012/06/08 17:39:27
  • Buoyant... Buoyant... 2012/06/08 17:41:12
  • Jana ♥ ♥ ♥ 2012/06/01 17:03:29
  • Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/01 16:58:21
    Other Thoughts!
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Why am I not surprised to find out that these 'bath salts' are mostly manufactured in China.The Chinese must be laughing their @$$es off.Making money while destroying Americans with these 'legal' drugs (2nd paragraph of link).I'm sure that the Chinese have teams of chemists ready to change the contents of these drugs.As required to bypass new drug laws,banning chemicals allowed in these 'bath salts'.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4...
  • "OG" 2012/06/01 16:05:12
    "OG"
    +1
    Bath Salt = Legal Over the Counter Methamphetamine
    I have seen some of the destruction it can do.
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/01 13:22:23 (edited)
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Would you give a homicidel maniac a loaded Uzi?
  • Captain Kirk~POTL 2012/06/01 03:04:45
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +4
    Hell yes!!
  • Crime Time 2012/06/01 03:01:49
  • 001 Crime Time 2012/06/10 16:21:29
    001
    +1
    I'm pretty sure it's worse than that, I've never heard of anybody trying to eat a guy's face while high on cocaine.
  • Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm... 2012/06/01 02:56:09
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +6
    Absolutely!
  • FPSRules 2012/06/01 02:20:19
    Other Thoughts!
    FPSRules
    +4
    Life is very complicated. This incident is merely a symptom of societal sickness. It isn't a matter of banning or not banning, it's a matter of responsibility.
    Shall we ban matches or lighters, or fire because there will always be a pyromaniac waiting in the wings?
    The solution to the problem will not be accepted by most reading this.....at least until it's too late to save us from ourselves.
    When we removed the underpinnings of our Republic, our society began its downward spiral. We showed our Creator the 'door' in America and here we are.
    A society which no longer has a moral center makes it up as it goes. So now human nature rules and chaos has ensued.
    How's that working out for you?
  • Larry777 2012/05/31 23:03:01
    Larry777
    +1
    No need to ban them. The guy eating the face was actually demonically possessed. Shooting him was the right thing, although technically he could have undergone an exorcism. He was a threat to humanity.
  • Buoyant... Larry777 2012/06/08 17:38:00
  • Larry777 Buoyant... 2012/06/17 20:44:24
    Larry777
    Like I said, the "Zombie" was possessed and it had nothing to do with Bath Salts.
  • Buoyant... Larry777 2012/06/17 22:05:24
    Buoyant Leadraft
    Do you think we can become Zombies to? What can we do to avoid tall the pitfalls of becoming the undead?
  • ThinkAboutIt! 2012/05/31 21:19:14
    Other Thoughts!
    ThinkAboutIt!
    +2
    They are only harmful to those that choose to use them incorrectly.
    No different than any other product on the market.
    We can't deny everyone everything because someone may choose to abuse it.

2014/07/29 20:58:11