Should SodaHeaders post only what they think their SH friends want to hear, so as to not make any waves, or to break off friendships when strong disagreements arise, or to simply "agree to disagree" on a subject?

tncdel 2012/05/21 19:26:55
Sometimes I get the impression that some of my SodaHead friends, or even "non-friends," sometimes are reluctant to express their true opinions for fear of arguing with me about it.

First, let me make it clear that I NEVER block anyone for mere difference of opinion.

Second, if everyone thought the same way about everything, wouldn't the world be a boring place?

Third, having a debate stimulates discussion and may help someone, myself included, re-think a thought or idea.

Fourth, it is the sign of intelligence to keep an open mind toward the views of another. That is not to say that we must yield to the viewpoint of someone else. But we should always be ready to defend our notions about any issue LOGICALLY, and to willingly allow it to be TESTED time and time again. For any position worth maintaining must stand the test of time and the test of scrutiny.

Fifth, we have a patriotic duty to poke holes in the anti-American agendas that abound in the Democrat party, and are sometimes also found in the Republican party. It should NOT be a partisan thing.

• tncdel 2012/05/21 19:34:09 (edited)
    NO, they should simply "agree to disagree" [comment as you wish].
    tncdel
    +4
    Off the top of my head, whether it be a Democrat or a Republican, I see no way to support a candidate, like Obama, Mario Rubio, etc. who are essentially trying to attract more job-stealing illegals here with amnesty, "free" healthcare and everything else, even college at taxpayer expense, as Obama has been trying to do.

There's just no way to clean that up if you truly put America's best interests ahead of the interests of foreign nationals here illegally. And anyone who insists that they will be voting for Obama this November will be showing themselves to be a TRAITOR to America. I won't sugar-coat it to avoid hurting someone's feelings who has decided to stab America in the back like that.

• mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/06/05 17:59:04
  • ~Adrien~ 2012/05/22 21:08:58
    ~Adrien~
    Not everyone is going to have the same opinions. . . Our opinions are unique to our personalities, and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm firm in a lot of my beliefs. . . so much that all the badgering in the world isn't going to convince me to change my mind. I can respect someone else for their difference in opinion, but name calling and harrassment is another issue.
  • D.C.Verdone 2012/05/22 20:29:35
    D.C.Verdone
    opinion is opinion. But if you truly respect the person you will not be an ass about it.
  • akgold 2012/05/22 05:25:46
    akgold
    I don't really agree to disagree, I state my feelings and they can choose to accept or not the idea I disagree. If they can not accept a difference of opinion it is their problem.
  • kaZappoo 2012/05/22 04:10:52
    kaZappoo
    if you belong in the correct group ,you can state your opinion and your not critisized ..

then I've seen it the other way .....!
    then I block those who stalk & taunt ..
  • beach bum 2012/05/22 04:00:09
    beach bum
    they should feel free to post what is on their mind
  • apachehellfire65 2012/05/22 01:26:19
    apachehellfire65
    +1
    i think they should post what they want!/ what's on their minds! if people like it great! if they don't that's fine too! i m not here to please you
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/05/22 01:25:39
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +2
    I post what I think or feel.
  • ed 2012/05/22 01:22:32
    ed
    +3
    As friends we should be able to speak the truth and be able to understand that we can't always agree with each other.It should never ruin a friendship.
  • ordman 2012/05/22 01:16:07
    ordman
    Bet Striker voted No.
  • tncdel ordman 2012/05/22 02:30:32
  • Kaleokualoha 2012/05/21 23:38:48
    Kaleokualoha
    +2
    Great post!
  • tncdel Kaleoku... 2012/05/22 00:18:34
    tncdel
    +2
    Thanks!
  • Striker 2012/05/21 23:33:00
    NO, they should simply break off a SodaHead friendship when there is strong d...
    Striker
    +2
    First people need to think for themselves. (that's a bit scarce around here). Then they should choose their friends accordingly
  • DebraJMSmith 2012/05/21 22:12:48
    DebraJMSmith
    +2
    I post as I believe. --And there have been times that I disagree with a SH friend.
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/05/21 21:56:48
    Rebel [SHP]
    +3
    Take the mature route. A lot of us have disagreed and moved on. A new thread, is a new opinion, and that person may just agree with you next time.

I've pissed off a large number of the Ron Paul crowd. It happens. It's my opinion. Yet I don't hold any of them in bad opinion. I have Ron Paul supporters in my group...that I have argued with....

Live and let live.
  • Blackjack 2012/05/21 21:53:04
    Blackjack
    +2
    I usually get blocked by people who are arguing with me. I don't want to bother my friends.
  • RobertChristopherLaity 2012/05/21 21:08:51
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +3
    Discourse is the way to consensus.
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2012/05/21 21:03:30
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +3
    There is no way to agree with someone 100% of the time, I say respectfully agree to disagree especially if you have other things you agree on.
  • Racefish 2012/05/21 21:03:09
    Racefish
    +1
    It's not worth getting heartburn over.
    +2
    Say what you want, you can't always make everyone happy and you shouldn't worry about it.
  • Xerxes,Phantom of PHAET 2012/05/21 20:32:30
    Xerxes,Phantom of PHAET
    +2
    If a friend is going to get upset over something to worthless as an opinion, then cut them loose
  • demon Destroyer aka Bash 2012/05/21 20:21:24
    demon Destroyer aka Bash
    +2
    Never hold back a question. So people get pissed off it just show the have a oppinion diffrent then you and that's a good thing.
  • Freeranger 2012/05/21 20:15:40
    Freeranger
    +2
    I'd never want to be associated with anyone who's character is that shallow.
  • mrdog 2012/05/21 19:36:40
    mrdog
    +2
    Post whatever.... and get other opinions... listen to other views... why not? bark
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/05/21 19:36:38
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +3
    I agree. If I get unfriended or blocked for respectfully speaking my mind, I really don't care. I don't want to communicate with people that are that hard wired.
  • tncdel 2012/05/21 19:34:09 (edited)
    tncdel
    +4

• my2cents tncdel 2012/05/21 22:05:45
    my2cents
    Obama voters are TRAITORS?!

And you wonder why people are reluctant to discuss this with you?
  • tncdel my2cents 2012/05/22 00:23:00
    tncdel
    +1
    Not just those who support Obama. But also those who support ANYONE, regardless of party affiliation, who puts the interests of foreign nationals ahead of America's best interests. Are you so partisan oriented that America comes second to party?
  • my2cents tncdel 2012/05/22 02:53:37
    my2cents
    This is why people shine you on and don't discuss topics with you honestly.
  • kaZappoo tncdel 2012/05/22 04:14:26
    kaZappoo
    I cant stand obama .dont care for romney ...and not sure yet who I'll vote for ,,,paul is the best bet for my opinion..

not sure why people cant exchange opinions ..
  • Scooter 2012/05/21 19:34:03
    Scooter
    +3
    They should agree to disagree. A true friend won't dump you because of your beliefs on some subject. I have found some people will turn on you on a dime for what you believe.
  • Sheila 2012/05/21 19:33:17
    Sheila
    +4
    I have views that vary from the typical conservative on several issues. Do I think that means I should shut up about them? LOL, no. Do I think that makes me (or them) "less than"? No.

I have told others that we will agree to disagree on things on here and in real life.

There are certain views that I would not go out of my way to state to others, but that is out of respect to them, and if asked I don't hide my ideas.
  • Farnsworth 2012/05/21 19:33:01
    Farnsworth
    +4
    we disagree from time to time, but I value your online friendship. I have no problem telling folks about the way I feel.
  • kaZappoo Farnsworth 2012/05/22 04:16:20
    kaZappoo
    +1
    farnsey ,,,I like ya ....misunderstood you at first ,,but were good now !
  • Farnsworth kaZappoo 2012/05/22 11:32:38
    Farnsworth
    it must have been very small, I don;t even remember. Shoot we go all the way back to buzz don't we?
  • kaZappoo Farnsworth 2012/05/22 20:07:55
    kaZappoo
    +1
    yes we doo .......!

and in the same group here .....!
  • stevmackey 2012/05/21 19:30:18
    stevmackey
    +2
    Then you would have no real discussions.
  • tncdel stevmackey 2012/05/21 19:35:08
    tncdel
    +1
    Did you accidentally choose the wrong one?

2014/07/23 19:42:22