Should Sean Hannity be Charged with Treason?

mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook 2009/02/27 11:17:24
Yes, this is treason.
Maybe not treason, but inciting violence is just as bad.
No, this is a free country, anyone should be able to promote violence.
Leave Hannity alone!!
Sean Hannity Takes Poll on Whether People Want Revolution
By Carol Forsloff.
Published 7 hours ago by ■ Carol Forsloff

In case people wondered whether or not there was serious discussion about secession, here’s news. Sean Hannity now has a poll on his website asking people what kind of revolution they want.
Keith Olbermann reported this finding on his show on Thursday night. This comes after conversations and website postings that have been found on the Internet and reviewed in small town gift shops, as this writer found. Still people questioned whether or not secession and sovereignty notions were really being seriously talked about. Apparently the discussion takes place, but are these serious?

Sean Hannity has his poll
out front on the website right now, with responses from the public. Sure enough there are people who are talking secession and even civil war.

One wonders why high-profile folk like Sean Hannity are asking the question about secession at the time 25 states have sovereignty legislation and right wing talk radio has been expressing the need to assert states rights. One declares that there is no compromise for being right.

For those interested in the constitutionality of secession might read “Will the South Secede? Significant Speeches and Letters—Plain Talk to the Southerners.” Important speech by Judge Robertson of Kentucky written in November 12, 1860 and available here.

Here is a link to the poll:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=1326121

• SpiritualEyes 2009/02/27 13:13:06
    SpiritualEyes
    +14
    It's called sedition.

Sedition
    Noun

1. An illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government.

• marco mentone... 2009/02/27 14:00:35
  • ranting... mentone... 2009/02/27 14:03:42
    rantingAmerican.com
    +1
    my point wasnt that cnn is insighting riots its that they were bias! I dont think that sean hannity is insighting riots he isn't saying "you know what i highly suggest picking up your arms and march on washington now!" he's asking the people there opinion. If you don't think the people are talking revolution then you dont have much info on america We're up to what now 27 states with active 10th amendment cases and many more in the process of filing out the forms. This isn't becasue of Hannity its because of people that support things like the 10th amendment that hannity and rush exist. I've listened to good points by both sides of the aisle and truthfully you dont like what he has to say there are plenty of other channels on your dial listen to any of them
  • mentone... ranting... 2009/02/27 14:09:35
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    +2
    So if Hannity had a poll asking what firearm you would use to kill Obama with, that would be OK?? It's just asking for an opinion, right??
  • ranting... mentone... 2009/02/27 14:15:26 (edited)
    rantingAmerican.com
    +2
    if people themselves are talking about it as largly as they are talking about soverignty why not? Doesnt this go passed hannity though.. you bring up charges against him couldnt you also bring up the same charges with everyone pushing soverignity not just those that introduced it. I believe in my 10th amendment right as well as the rest of them. There were industrial revolution and cultural revolution. if now is the time for a revolution of the people and thats what is on there minds is it wrong for me to ask everyones opinion. Now if 6 crackpots are talking about revoltion or shooting than thats conspiracy and i'd say treason but when a considerable percent of the population are talking about the soverignty revolution is it treason?
  • mentone... ranting... 2009/02/27 15:01:09
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    +2
    Jesus!! You people are bound and determined to ruin the USA. Go ahead with your revolution. Where in the hell were you when Bush was starting all of this???
  • Diane mentone... 2009/02/27 15:09:16
    Diane
    +1
    Toots,,,,,I hate to have to say it, but you are ignorant.
  • mentone... Diane 2009/02/27 15:53:54
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    +3
    Is that the best argument you have--to call me ignorant?? Grow up and act like an adult.
  • Sissy mentone... 2009/02/27 18:46:11
    Sissy
    +4
    Errrr, I'm beginning to think mentone, that you ask an impossible task....for some here to "grow up" Go figure. errrr mentone impossible task grow figure
  • mentone... Sissy 2009/02/27 18:55:06
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    +1
    I think you are right!! LOL How silly of me!! =D
  • ranting... mentone... 2009/02/27 15:23:36
    rantingAmerican.com
    +2
    personaly I was as angry at bush for some of the things he did. I hate to say it becasue everytime this issue comes up i sound like a broken record. I do not support or oppose the man ( bush, clinton, obama, etc) I oppose the stands their administration have. I didnt agree with bush all the time just as i don't oppose Obama 100% of the time. There are things that he does that i dont agree with and there are things that i do agree with and it doesnt matter to me if i'm for or against becasue either way im speaking what i believe and backing it up with some sort of evidence. Do i think states deserve soveringity YES why because my state doesnt like gays but yours does so why should the fed tell me that ALL states can't have gay marriage or your state is more pro choice than mine why should i have the same fed regulations for every state? Us people are determined to keep this country free for all voices no matter what side they speak for.
  • mentone... ranting... 2009/02/27 15:54:45
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    +2
    Free and at war?? That doesn't even make sense.
  • ranting... mentone... 2009/02/27 16:01:23
    rantingAmerican.com
    +1
    how does the 9th and 10th constitute a war? I dont condone taking up arms against my country but i do agree with the states taking the soverignty that they are allowed by the consitution. What is your issue with it? You're state one of them that has already filed for it? If your going to say it divides our country even further big deal. We are divided as much as we will be you think that giving the Fed supreme power is going to keep everything save you are wrong. We got our freedom with war by the way if you cant quite remember the history lessons? The minority stood up against tyranny. Do you think you are able to come back with more than just some jargon. There are plenty of great points I've made. Where are yours?
  • mentone... ranting... 2009/02/27 17:07:26
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    +3
    Look, I don't know why it's so hard for people to support the president. I didn't like Bush, but there wasn't any talk of killing him or his family from the left. All I know is that some American's haven't learned anything. The hate has to stop. The arguing has to stop. Obama has been in office less than 2 months with literally the weight of the world on his shoulders. And then on top of that, he sees mayors making jokes about watermelons on the White House lawn. He hears Rush hoping that he fails. He sees a cartoon of a monkey being shot in reference to him and the stimulus bill.
    I don't really care what the Constitution gives you the right to do. YOU DIDN'T CARE until Obama was President, even though Bush went 8 years of raping the US--taking our rights away.

So, as far as I'm concerned, you can take your piss and moan attitude about Obama and shove it. You guys have no better ideas so you figure war is the only answer you have left. Fucking typical conservatives!! If you don't like it, go somewhere else, don't start a war at the cost of many innocent, misguided people's lives. Leave us and Obama alone.
  • ranting... mentone... 2009/02/27 17:24:00
    rantingAmerican.com
    i dont not support the president. I support Obama as much as i supported bush. Why is it that i can't have an issue with some things he stands for without having a problem with him. I did care before Obama was president, If you read anything i've ever posted outsdie this string you would know that I dont care about race or religion. Your saying I'm pissing and moaning about obama but this has nothing to do with obama. I'm just tired of people saying hannity is an idiot and he's a trator and rush is a lair a cheat and a drug addict. WHO CARES! your right the hate needs to stop but I'm not going to blindly follow any ADMINISTRATION no matter what he says. Who is going to lose there life over this NO ONE IS SUGGESTING PICKING UP A GUN AND SUCCEEDING FROM THE UNION AT THE COST OF ANYONES LIFE. You want to talk hatred... for what 7 years bush dealt with it from everyone left right didnt matter they were on him and now obama has as you want to point out a minority of people against him. Where do you see this as right for you to bitch and moan for 7 years and then tell us to shut up when its our turn? I agreed with obama on equal pay right and the modernization of healthcare but becasue i think that he shouldnt have shoved the stimulus package through as fast as he did Im automatically aga...'
    i dont not support the president. I support Obama as much as i supported bush. Why is it that i can't have an issue with some things he stands for without having a problem with him. I did care before Obama was president, If you read anything i've ever posted outsdie this string you would know that I dont care about race or religion. Your saying I'm pissing and moaning about obama but this has nothing to do with obama. I'm just tired of people saying hannity is an idiot and he's a trator and rush is a lair a cheat and a drug addict. WHO CARES! your right the hate needs to stop but I'm not going to blindly follow any ADMINISTRATION no matter what he says. Who is going to lose there life over this NO ONE IS SUGGESTING PICKING UP A GUN AND SUCCEEDING FROM THE UNION AT THE COST OF ANYONES LIFE. You want to talk hatred... for what 7 years bush dealt with it from everyone left right didnt matter they were on him and now obama has as you want to point out a minority of people against him. Where do you see this as right for you to bitch and moan for 7 years and then tell us to shut up when its our turn? I agreed with obama on equal pay right and the modernization of healthcare but becasue i think that he shouldnt have shoved the stimulus package through as fast as he did Im automatically against obama. I have not one time stated that any of what you are implying me to believe. Do i support sean hannity NO but do I support the freedom of speech YES and i dont see him as inciting riots by asking people to give there opinion on what kind of revolution they want. If you dont like it im not even telling you to leave the country here's what you do FIRST you change the dial than you call your representatives of your state and say loudly with out waiver NO i do not believe that my state should have there own rights! Thats what we are doing Why do you find yourselves unable to do the same are you to good for how things are done?
  • Ruby Sl... ranting... 2009/02/28 00:57:25 (edited)
    Ruby Slippers awaits voluntary deactivation
    boy that rave was an accident. boy rave accident
  • Ruby Sl... mentone... 2009/02/28 00:55:48
    Mentone,

I smell sock puppets! LOL

What do you think?
  • Sissy ranting... 2009/02/27 22:56:32
    Sissy
    +2
    Why are so many conservatives so obsessed with matters that have absolutely nothing to do with their own lives? Further, why is it that you want the government out of your life everywhere except your bedroom? I have never been able to figure that out.

If I have heard one "complaint" against the stimulus package, it is the fact that living in the Midwest where we pay higher taxes, there are some folks who are pretty aggravated that states who should be taking care of their schools have let them crumble and fall in deep disrepair because they keep their taxes low.and brag about it. Our own schools in my lunch-bucket carrying community are top drawer, but we value education and the fact that because so many states don't, billions of dollars are going to have to prop them up.

50 million people are without welfare, we have infrastruture that hasn't been replaced since it was built in the last depression over 70 years ago. And you worry about inane matters like you state here. Unbelievable.
  • Heptarch ranting... 2009/02/27 17:42:48
    Heptarch
    +4
    A considerable percent? You mean all of the far right nutjobs? You guys make up maybe 25% of the country. And that's being generous.
  • ranting... Heptarch 2009/02/27 17:46:35 (edited)
    rantingAmerican.com
    +1
    If we're oly 25% of the population than why is it that obama only won by a what 54% majority vote? You are just making personal attacks on people because where they stand. You dont think we think Al Gore's a nut job but you still hail him as a global warming expert. Come on your side has just as many nuts on its as ours
  • Heptarch ranting... 2009/02/27 18:09:34
    Heptarch
    +3
    It was 53% to 46%.

But those numbers are immaterial. Look at his approval numbers, since that is now the most accurate measure of the people who are firmly against him.

Right now his approval number hover between 60-68%.

In most polls the people who "strongly disapprove" amount to between 15-25%. I don't think it's a stretch to say that those people are the far righters we're talking about.
  • mtcc Heptarch 2009/02/27 18:13:37
    mtcc
    +1
    I will have to go searching but I seem to recall a headline yesterday that his number are dipping below 60% already. Which puts 40%+ somewhere on the side of some level of disapproval.
  • Heptarch mtcc 2009/02/27 18:20:09
    Heptarch
    +2
    One poll said 59%. All the others still have (or had at that point) his numbers over 60%.

The disapproval numbers are lower because most polls have a neutral answer. His DISapproval ratings are around 30-35%. Of those I think it's fair to say that only the "strongly disapprove" crowd would be the ones talking revolution.
  • mtcc Heptarch 2009/02/27 18:16:04
    mtcc
    +1
    Gallup and Rassmussen have him down into the high 50's
  • Heptarch mtcc 2009/02/27 18:20:37
    Heptarch
    +3
    And others still have him above. We'll see what the numbers look like after his speech the other night.
  • ranting... Heptarch 2009/02/27 18:16:23
    rantingAmerican.com
    +1
    so right there shouldnt the number going from 53% pop vote to as high as it did orginally( i heard it was in the high 80's low 90's for awhile) say that people not everyone of course but the majority of the people that didnt vote for obama gave him the shadow of the doubt. In 30 some days it has dropped to 60-68 doesnt that say that a good bit of people are starting to change their minds?
  • Heptarch ranting... 2009/02/27 18:21:16
    Heptarch
    +3
    It may. We'll have to see how the numbers trend in the upcoming weeks after his speech the other night.
  • Sissy ranting... 2009/02/27 18:13:50 (edited)
    Sissy
    +1
    Obama won with 61 million votes, the most any president has ever had. He currently enjoys over 66% approval and after his speech Tuesday night, his approval rating was 80%. You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that he is an extremely popular president and suck it up.
  • ranting... Sissy 2009/02/27 18:32:19
    rantingAmerican.com
    +1
    it was 53 percent of the population! how many people were in the us in the early 40s? would 61 million have been 53 percent or would it have been like just a guess 83 %. Look at the discussion above here his rating is dropping to low 60s now.
  • Sissy ranting... 2009/02/27 18:44:14
    Sissy
    +2
    I'm just repeating what has been stated Rant. As far as his ratings dropping, you wish.
  • ranting... Sissy 2009/02/27 19:08:24
    rantingAmerican.com
    +1
    Gallup and Rassmussen have him down into the high 50's One poll said 59%. All the others still have (or had at that point) his numbers over 60%.
    That is 6 up from this one and they are people from both sides. Where are you getting your 80% approval rating from? What is your source?

so do you agree that there are millions more people than there were then. 53% means 53% doesn't matter how many people make up that 53% it is still only 53%. That maybe making it out to seem like obama made history by the most votes ever but how about the president that had 500 out of the 538 in the electoral college while 54% would be 290 out of 538.... hmm sorry not even close
  • undiebee Sissy 2009/03/20 22:46:45
    undiebee
    This is true but I didn't know it was a popularity contest! See thats what is the scary thing he can do what ever he wan'ts as long as he stays popular DUH!
  • mtcc Heptarch 2009/02/27 18:05:23
    mtcc
    Are you sure about that number?
  • Heptarch mtcc 2009/02/27 18:09:53
    Heptarch
    +1
    Nope. It's just a guess. See the above post for why I think it's accurate, though.
  • Sissy mentone... 2009/02/27 18:47:23
    Sissy
    +1
    The thin is mentone, Rush is "crazy like a fox", Hannity is just plain stupid. There is a little difference. lol mentone rush crazy fox hannity plain stupid difference lol
  • mentone... Sissy 2009/02/27 18:56:41
    mentonemommyisgoingtofacebook
    LOL!!
  • Ruby Slippers awaits volunt... 2009/02/27 13:32:48 (edited)
    +6
    I find it appalling that people like Hannity are testing the waters so to speak. I think he and his cohorts would actually like this to happen. I think its terrible to try to stir people up against the government like this. It is not amusing in the least. And there are a lot of angry and uneducated people that just might take this kind of crap as a call to arms! Disgusting!
  • undiebee Ruby Sl... 2009/03/20 22:49:35
    undiebee
    Well, there was not all this hup la la when people wre Bush bashing?? that too was our Goverment.
  • Ruby Sl... undiebee 2009/03/20 23:18:19
    If people were inciting others to rebel against him, I would be angered. I never saw that back then. If it was around, I was not aware of it.
  • Von Douche 2009/02/27 13:29:36
    Yes, this is treason.
    Von Douche
    +9
    He's an a$$hole
  • MadAnth 2009/02/27 13:22:27
    Yes, this is treason.
    MadAnth
    +5
    file him under most likely to deported and/or executed list.... just wants everyone to know his stupidity.......................

2014/08/22 09:52:34