Should Rush Be Ashamed of the Country?

Newsmax 2013/02/22 14:25:46
Conservative radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh proclaimed on Thursday that for the first time in his career, he was ashamed of the United States of America.

Limbaugh said that both the Republicans and Democrats in Washington will not stop spending — and both parties have resorted to “fear and panic” scenarios whenever anyone proposes cutting government programs.

“To be watching all of this, to have my intelligence – all of us – to have our common sense and intelligence insulted the way it is….it just makes me ashamed,” Limbaugh said, according to a transcript of his afternoon radio program. “Seriously man, here we get worked up over 44 billion dollars — that’s the total amount of money that will not be spent that was scheduled to be spent this year.”

“I've said the same things over and over for 25 years,” Limbaugh said. It doesn’t matter which party is in power, he added.

“It's the same stuff. It's the same threats. It's the same arguments, over and over. Nothing ever changes.

“We just keep spending more money,” Limbaugh continued. “We create more dependency, we get more and more irresponsible one crisis to the next, all of them manufactured.

“Except for the real crisis that nobody ever addresses — and that is we can't afford it.”

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

crisis manufactured real crisis addresses afford 2013 newsmax rights reserved

Read More: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/limbaugh-ashamed-...

• KCurtis 2013/02/22 20:52:18
    KCurtis
    +41
    Any patriotic American should be ashamed of what the Progressive Regressive loons have done to us.

• i don't care 2013/10/13 09:24:30
    i don't care
    but we all should be ashamed of rush. rush limbaugh ugly
  • Vern 2013/07/01 20:58:23
    Vern
    Yes, but I think he is ashamed of the Americans that were dumb enough to elect Obama
    for another 4 yrs.
  • No1uknow Vern 2013/08/30 22:48:47
    No1uknow
    I agree. I do not think he is ashamed of our country, but just our so called leaders.
  • Brad Harkraft 2013/04/24 15:37:58
    Brad Harkraft
    And rightly so. He brings up some great points about govt spending and career bureaucrats. Good for him for speaking up.
  • lin sugar lips 2013/03/05 17:51:39 (edited)
    lin sugar lips
    Michelle Obama was until she got on the big welfare line with hubby.....

But yes I agree with Rush because for the first time in my life I am ashamed of The American people who voted these Socialist into office. They have destroyed what America use to stand for.
  • ivegotl... lin sug... 2013/03/14 11:48:20
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    Clarify:
    1- Obama is not responsible for distributing welfare in America.
    2- How the Democrats are Socialists? It seems if you say that inequality hampers progress, you become a Socialist.
  • Phil ivegotl... 2013/03/14 18:13:42
    Phil
    +1
    Your response deserves an award. No sarcasm intended.
    gold award
  • lin sug... ivegotl... 2013/03/15 18:57:15
    lin sugar lips
    Obama has doubled welfare Millions more on food stamps THANKS TO NOBAMA!
  • ivegotl... lin sug... 2013/04/24 13:43:34
    ivegotloveinmypants
    He has not distributed it..
  • lin sug... ivegotl... 2013/05/03 16:25:26
    lin sugar lips
    He has caused more people to be on it with his stupidity.
  • PBMaxx 2013/03/04 13:50:06
    PBMaxx
    +1
    I know I am
  • ivegotl... PBMaxx 2013/03/14 11:48:38
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Rather unpatriotic, isn't it?
  • Phil 2013/03/04 11:25:59
    Phil
    +1
    He should be ashamed of himself.
  • ivegotl... Phil 2013/03/14 11:49:31
    ivegotloveinmypants
    He is nothign but a propanganda spreading, attention seeking race baiter and hypocrite who should do America a favour and shut his obnoxious trap.
  • Scrappyang 2013/03/03 16:37:55
    Scrappyang
    +1
    My country right or wrong, but my country! It is "our country" doing this. It is the messages being preached by both sides of our governmental officals from local to stat to fedeal, that are dividing us. They are the ones we should be ashamed of. I keep hearing (and reading) we need to vote all incumbants out. What is being stated really means, all of them except mine. It has to be that as we keep getting the same ol' same ol'. Good people are being turned into professional politians rather than working for the good of the people who put them in office by their hard work onelections and voting. Hate to say it, but Rush has it wrong on this one - IMO only!
  • Torr 2013/03/02 22:08:07
    Torr
    +1
    Perhaps not of the Country as much as the dismal leadership in both houses of Congress, and the spendaholic-in-Chief's administration.

... Sadly, it may already be too late for fiscal sanity and responsible leadership to avert the damage that has been caused by the profligate spending by, and growth of government during the last decade. ...And "STILL" our Nation's leaders are so pre-occupied with pointing across the isle, they haven't even TRIED to face the astronomical problem they, themselves, have orchestrated. They should all be very, very ashamed, beginning with Obama, Boehner, Reid and most of the rest of Congress and the Administration.

To make matters worse, places where true journalism used to occur, (eg. ABC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NBC & CBS), have steadfastly refused to take the responsibility of holding all those public official's feet to the fire, and FORCE them to tell the truth about what is happening. ...Good luck finding a single Journalist in any of those organizations who actually pursue "truth", instead of supporting an agenda.
  • MS PRUD 2013/03/01 18:11:44
    MS PRUD
    I am ashamed of what this president has done to America. He uses childish tactics when he does not get his way as he done with the sequester, spewing out LIES and SCARE TACTICS. He campaigned to all the states he could, knowing it takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to put Air Force One in the air. He does not care about our budget he only cares about putting his face on TV and the news media laps it up like lolly pops and juebebes. He gave the same speech in each state and he could have done it all at one time by holding a press conference. He spends money like America does not have a problem . Of course his comments are to RAISE TAXES and he promised the middle class would not be affected - that was a LIE. Everyone got less on their paycheck.
  • Ryan 2013/02/28 22:43:19
    Ryan
    I voted yes. However, I think he made a poor choice of words. What Rush should've said was that he is ashamed of our current government, not our country.

We are still the greatest nation in the world. For how much longer, I don't know.
  • ivegotl... Ryan 2013/03/14 11:50:14
    ivegotloveinmypants
    This seems a little melodramatic.
  • Opal Marie 2013/02/28 17:07:24
    Opal Marie
    +1
    we could be so much worse
  • ivegotl... Opal Marie 2013/03/14 11:50:52
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Under the morons Rush supports.
  • Hououin Kyouma 2013/02/28 09:48:21
    Hououin Kyouma
    +2
    Yeah, he should be ashamed that his Congress doesn't pay enough attention to science, MAD or otherwise!
    I'm a libertarian, but I don't support cutting science programs!
  • R.J. 2013/02/28 07:48:12
    R.J.
    +1
    He Should be Ashamed of what he has done to his Country. May He always Stand for the Republicans And I Hope they support him always!! He is the Best Republican The Democrats Have!!
  • DDogbreath 2013/02/27 18:50:48
    DDogbreath
    +1
    Why is he ashamed? A drug addicted hypocrite can still spew his bullsh*t on the radio when most of us would have gone to jail for what he did.

I wonder how many pro cannabis advocates he mocked and hung up on while he had a belly full of pills?

bullsht radio jail pro cannabis advocates mocked hung belly pills
  • mikeyavelli 2013/02/27 18:36:01
    mikeyavelli
    +1
    for the first time in my adult life i am ashamed of my president.
  • DDogbreath mikeyav... 2013/02/27 18:52:20
    DDogbreath
    +1
    You're kidding right?

kidding
  • mikeyav... DDogbreath 2013/02/27 18:55:24
    mikeyavelli
    +3
    well, maybe i forgot carter and clinton.
  • DDogbreath mikeyav... 2013/02/27 19:02:45
    DDogbreath
    +2
    Agree another two s*itty presidents to heap on the pile. See what happens when we let the main stream media elect our presidents for us? You cannot deny this is happening.
  • Karen Hill 2013/02/27 18:30:26
    Karen Hill
    +2
    Rush is right and many Americans agree.
  • luckyluke14 2013/02/27 17:38:18
  • Red Branch 2013/02/27 17:16:51
    Red Branch
    +2
    I would say that most people are not proud of our leadership, however, even though libs don't like, they won't say so now because they do not have the guts to agree with Rush.
  • kimmie 2013/02/27 17:07:53
    kimmie
    +1
    Yes he should be ashamed of his country ! And rush Limbaugh he is racist and stereotypical he should be ashamed of that 2.
  • JJ 2013/02/27 15:55:16 (edited)
    JJ
    +2
    Its not the country he's ashamed of, but many of those that are running it. I too am ashamed of those that are running it. We're going to hell in a hand basket because those few that could do something to stop it, are not. I take it there is money exchanged, promises and threats that have been made, and good men doing nothing. If we're going to die, why not die for God and country? The men and women that have brought this about have their names in Gods book and their attitudes in his records...God will take care of what they have done when the time is right. Or, we could do as 11 Chronicles 7: 14 says, and then God would help us, but we have to do our part.
  • DizziNY 2013/02/27 15:49:20
    DizziNY
    America needs to be ashamed of Rush Fathead Limbaugh. While alot of what he says is right politically, he himself as a person is just reprehensible. He is a sexist loser.
  • Moodybloo70 2013/02/27 13:53:16
    Moodybloo70
    +1
    I hate to say it....but I am too. How could Barry get elected and then re-elected
  • hatter 2013/02/27 13:44:18
    hatter
    I would have to say about half of America. Which has chosen the communist way.
  • Prophet 2013/02/27 13:18:56
    Prophet
    I know I am. The very things guaranteed by the constitution and the bii of rights ; these people in DC want to cut back on. For example the military and many of their benefits. And local governments want to cut back on police and fire protection. And they talk about more gun restrictions!!!! And yet they send our enemies who burn our flag and scream for the destruction of the U.S. billions of dollars in foreign aide and weapons of mass destruction. And bring Middle Easterners whos ideology is in direct conflict with human rights and our constitution here. What sense does all this make?
  • Timetraveler 2013/02/27 13:08:30
    Timetraveler
    I don't know if he should, but I know that I am! as I have traveled to many countries I never tell them I'm an American, it starts an association with disrespect. If I'm to be disliked by someone, I should shoulder the blame for it. America is no longer respected in the world. I remember a time when the world looked to America for the example of liberty. now we are feared. some say fear is good thing, but unlke respect, fear only works when your in the room
  • bubbaDAkang 2013/02/27 08:58:27
    bubbaDAkang
    Yes..love him/hate him he despite the way he presents himself and being an azzole is brilliant...don't agree with all or even most of what he says but this one is a go
  • Proggy 2013/02/27 07:18:25
    Proggy
    +1
    One thing for sure the feeling is definitely mutual because his country is definitely ashamed of him.

He's the number one reason the GOP is a J-O-K-E. An entire major political party lead by the nose by a vitriolic, fat, bald, pill poppin', racist, misogynist, homophobic, bigoted douchebag. To date the only 2 republicans who've had the balls to stand up to him and publicly call him out, anatomically don't have any. Which is Michelle Laxalt and S.E. Cupp.

2014/08/01 10:02:59