Should Ron Paul Drop Out of the Republican Presidential Race?

Politics 2012/05/09 03:42:56
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• ghostrider 2012/06/08 04:03:35
    ghostrider
    Why did he even bother???? .... I believe he's smart enough to have realized he didn't stand a "snowball's chance in hell" ... for the publicity, I suppose.
  • beach bum 2012/06/04 04:27:43
    beach bum
    no
  • Roy 2012/05/28 15:35:57
    Roy
    HELL NO!! The system is an OBVIOUS scam, I only wish that a majority of people would actually vote for Ron Paul, make it official on several sites on the internet, so when the time came we could PROVE without a doubt what an absolute SCAM voting is when Ron Paul loses to the current bobble-figure-head-pawn.

BOYCOTT THE SYSTEM
  • Rand 2012/05/21 17:59:19
    Rand
    Ron Paul has contributed a great deal to helping a conservative get elected. We need Ron Paul and his followers in a positve way. If Ron Paul was at the top of the ticket, all republicans would be falling in behind him as the Republican canidate against Obama.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/05/15 15:05:07
    HarleyCharley
    +1
    he is a joke....
  • Roy HarleyC... 2012/05/28 15:37:48
    Roy
    the whole system is a joke, a BAD one and whoever believes in it like any false belief structure, DESERVES to be screwed...
  • Chris 2012/05/15 06:58:59
    Chris
    +1
    What I like about Ron Paul is that he owes nothing to the big corporations and corrupt banks which own both Romney and Obama from 100s of millions in campaign and super PAC donations. Ron Paul's donations come from the people who are no match against the big establishment...even with more donations from the citizens than all the other candidates combined. The system is seriously flawed. And thus we end up with a weak, liberal candidate...pretending to be conservative counter to his record...who even still has yet to lock down 1100 delegates. Romney's donor list is almost identical to Obama's. They are both puppets of the same masters; just as is the media which is virtually silent about Ron Paul having won states in delegates.
  • dreamhippy 2012/05/14 07:45:30
    dreamhippy
    +2
    Of course not, he is winning!!!
  • Chris Sarns 2012/05/14 02:30:07
    Chris Sarns
    +5
    I was a Democrat for 50 years but I left the Democratic party and registered Republican so I could vote against the never ending [and phony] "War on Terror" and the FED.

Don't buy into the "You are wasting your vote" crap. A vote for a Republican [other than Paul] or a Democrat is a wasted vote. Both parties are owned and operated by Goldman Sachs.
  • Walter Harris 2012/05/14 02:22:12
    Walter Harris
    he can't catch romney no way
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/14 01:26:34
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Heck NO! While Romney and Obo are debating gay marriage (issue affecting <5% of Americans), Ron Paul is investigating why the gov't is stealing from ALL AMERICANS (scroll forward to around 4:00 minutes in the video below)

• Adakin ... Adakin ... 2012/05/14 01:39:37
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Bernanke was forced to sit down and listen as Ron Paul scolded him for "debasing" the currency and "destroying" the wealth of millions of Americans.
    Ron Paul first asked Bernanke if he did his own grocery shopping, to which the Fed Chairman responded with a "yes." Paul immediately said "no one believes the 2% inflation rate," claiming it was actually closer to 9%. "Someone is stealing wealth," said Ron Paul.
    He then pulled out a silver eagle, a silver coin that has nominal face value of one dollar that is legal tender. Ron Paul told Bernanke that in 2006, as he took the top spot at the Federal Reserve, an ounce of silver bought about 4 gallons of gas. Today, said Paul, it buys about 11.
    "That's preservation of value," said Ron Paul, before accusing Bernanke of loving paper money and ask him to "legalize competing currencies." Bernanke responded by explaining that anyone can hold whatever currency they want, and told Paul he'd gladly help him figure out how to hold euros, yen, or whatever he pleases.
    Paul told Bernanke "the record of what you've done is destroy the currency," before saying he still can't pay his bills or taxes with silver eagles.
    As usual, Ron Paul put the focus on what he considers to be the illusory essence of fiat or paper money... (Published on Mar 2, 2012 by ZeroPoint2013)
  • Rockingham01 2012/05/14 01:21:50
    Rockingham01
    +3
    NOW is the time for him to show everyone just how strong he really is. The Republican Party fears him. He absolutely CAN'T let up now!
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/05/14 00:34:45
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    At the very least note before the Republican convention!
  • sydneewashere☮ 2012/05/13 22:59:51
    sydneewashere☮
    +5
    But I know who should...
  • No
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +5
    Never. He's the only politician that actually looks out for individual freedom.
  • mrGameboy 2012/05/13 20:57:59
    mrGameboy
    +2
    i dont think that he should quit for republican he should keep on going
  • StevenRoberts 2012/05/13 20:17:02
  • stormy rae StevenR... 2012/05/13 20:52:19
  • StevenR... stormy rae 2012/05/13 21:11:30
  • stormy rae StevenR... 2012/05/13 20:56:11
  • bt sedlock stormy rae 2012/05/19 23:01:08
    bt sedlock
    That would be not only like Communist Russia but also Communist-Stalinist Albania under the dictator Enver Hoxha who forbade any teaching of the Bible public and declared his country to be the first atheist state.
  • David 2012/05/13 20:13:08
    David
    +4
    No he's a better candidate than Romney!
  • qtpie96761 David 2012/05/14 18:49:25
    qtpie96761
    +2
    MUCH better...He is HONEST (to a fault) and, actually, stands for something (LOTS of "something")! RP is the ONLY Candidate who, honestly. CARES about OUR RIGHTS, as Americans, and restoring the FREEDOM, that OUR (once) great Country stood for...I know that this man would be willing to die for OUR CONSTITUTION! "With liberty & justice for all" needs to be brought back from the grave...Dr. Paul, with God's help, will perform the Resurrection of America when he is elected!!
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/05/13 18:36:55
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    RON PAUL SUCKS
  • Revolut... CUDDLY ... 2012/05/13 19:27:06
    Revolution 2012
    +5
    You spelled "Ron Paul is the only candidate with integrity, a real plan to restore America and does not suck in any way" wrong.
  • stormy rae CUDDLY ... 2012/05/13 21:01:10 (edited)
    stormy rae
    +1
    democrats want him out!!! Ohio Democrat goes off on Obamas policies, all of them

• bt sedlock stormy rae 2012/05/19 23:16:47
    bt sedlock
    Was that man speaking for or against Obama's policies?
  • bt sedlock bt sedlock 2012/05/19 23:27:35
    bt sedlock
    sounds like he's talking about W. Bush.
  • Picasso's Cat 2012/05/13 16:49:03
    Picasso's Cat
    +2
    The American people obviously don't appreciate his leadership qualities. Either because they are to stupid, or they support who they are told to support in their parties reguardless of morals or ethics.
    Either way Ron Paul does not have the support he needs to make America a better place for all Americans to live.
    So once again we tried and failed against the two party machine that dominates the political arena. It is they who determin who should run and who shouldn't ! Not We The People !
    And that's the way it will be until Americans get a clue!
    So if I were Ron Paul I would say the hell with it, and let the American people have what they have had, which is why we are in the shape we are in today.
    One of these days when things get really bad for most of us, we might think about what if , and do something constructive.
  • Revolut... Picasso... 2012/05/14 00:16:03
    Revolution ATX ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    I hope you're wrong, but there's a better chance you nailed it.
  • Picasso... Revolut... 2012/05/14 02:13:33
    Picasso's Cat
    All we have left is hope.
  • Adakin ... Picasso... 2012/05/14 01:44:19
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Ron Paul should stay in until the GOP convention in August where he will loose to Romney.

Those that support Ron Paul and his ideas should then turn to Governor Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Gray, who are both Pres and VeeP nominees for the Libertarian Party, which upholds the ideas and proposals for which Ron Paul has historically advocated.

Please support the Gary Johnson/Jim Gray ticket for president/vice president.
  • Picasso... Adakin ... 2012/05/14 02:22:16 (edited)
    Picasso's Cat
    +2
    The longer Paul stays in the race, the more money he has to spend, money that could be used for better things. If he drops out now, those supporters could use their money to support this Gary Johnson/Jim Gray ticket you speak of.
    Myself I'm sticking with the Green Party, always have for the last 15 years now, I have to have a satisfied mind to know I did my best for America. Greens and the Libertarian Party are very close in ideology, and perhaps one day will merge together to make one powerful party that will make a difference. That is my dream anyway.
    Good luck to your and yours.
  • Whyputaname 2012/05/13 16:42:31
    Whyputaname
    +1
    Hec, the Reichties need someone to mix it up a little bit.....

He didn't the last time in 2008.....

He just went quite.....Went back to his district and ran for his seat with 6 million donors dollars.....
  • littleb... Whyputa... 2012/05/14 00:33:27
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Yeah....keep the debate open! Not like that other major corrupt party that made a backroom deal and thew Hilary Clinton under the Bus last time!
  • Whyputa... littleb... 2012/05/14 01:18:12
    Whyputaname
    Excuse me......Not saying I am voting Reichtie, I am NOT if you haven't notice my Avatar...

Oh btw, I was a Hillary supporter....However, I got over it!!

If Paul is smart he will create a broker convention....However, he will probably chicken out...

Major Corrupt party......LMAOOOOFFFFF

I bet, you voted for George Moron Jr. the one who committed corruption in BIG way who flushed the country down the toilet....Lying about WMD's and stealing 12 Billion Taxpayers Dollars from the Treasury and sending it to Iraq without a paper trail and losing it....Yeeah!
  • littleb... Whyputa... 2012/05/14 01:29:45
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    I never assumed you would! I am saying VERY clearly that the Democrats are equally corrupt and gave you a sterling example of how the party heads screwed their own members!

George Bush, WMDs....etc. have not a thing to do with my statement!

The idea that your tangent does not get any of that is maybe something you should examine?
  • Whyputa... littleb... 2012/05/15 03:45:44
    Whyputaname
    No, when talking about corruption you should clarify the fact that is happens in both parties....Not just the one!!!!!!
  • littleb... Whyputa... 2012/05/15 05:19:00
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    I did just that just above! And guess what! Your statement never mentions a thing about Democrats and theirs! You may want to lecture someone who does not get it! Nice try though!

2014/08/30 08:34:36