Should Porno Be Allowed At Libraries?

Richard 2012/07/27 13:55:52
Now don't get all bent outta shape because you're against any pornographic material being available in a public library. I do believe it's a matter of choice. Yes, I understand the concern of parents and anti porn people but, having choices supposedly is what America is all about. Last time I checked anyhow. So, weigh in on your own point of view on today's MisfitWisdom blog at http://misfit120.wordpress.com

Read More: http://misfit120.wordpress.com

• FortunaVeritas 2012/07/30 08:20:47
    PORN! In A Library! Are you nucking futs?
    FortunaVeritas
    +12
    I don't believe pornography jives with the mission and purpose of our public libraries. I especially don't believe it jives with the number of small children in our public libraries.

• RLUX 2012/09/17 16:52:03
    RLUX
    NOT EVERY ONE WHO GOES TO A LIBRARY WOULD WANT TO SEE YOU WATCHING PORN ... THERE ARE KIDS THERE ... ITS NOT RESPECTFUL..... SO I SAY NO .. PORN SHOULD ONLY BE IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR HOME .. KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF,,,
  • Dryth 2012/09/17 05:56:46
    Dryth
    I don't pay for MY OWN porn, why would I want tax dollars going to fund OTHER PEOPLE'S porn???
  • Tim 2012/09/16 23:39:17
    Tim
    If yes I'll be paying more visits to the library and I wish they replaced the books with violent video games
  • Tina 2012/09/14 23:08:50
    Tina
    Books fine, internet and videos not fine...
  • Kiersten 2012/09/14 02:37:47
    Kiersten
    But we could all fap together.
  • wedge56 2012/09/14 01:23:07 (edited)
    I say ban all porn and replace it with violent video games.
    wedge56
    Can anyone define porn? Some books banned by community libraries in the past are now regarded as literary classics. I think I would have an issue with a wall full of Hustlers in full view of everyone, but that's just me.

http://civilliberty.about.com...
  • Lindsey 2012/09/12 23:29:36
    Lindsey
    WHY would anyone want to have porn in a library?? Thats what adult stores are for. And if you did have it in a library.. at least have it restricted for adults only of course.
  • charles.johnson.965 2012/09/09 08:09:34
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    charles.johnson.965
    +1
    America was founded on the right of choice,if you own a library and you want porn to be on the shelves,go right ahead. If you don't like it then ignore it.
  • PiercedKiss 2012/09/09 05:24:17
    PiercedKiss
    As a librarian I say "why not?" as long as the librarian / assistants can see the area and make sure kids aren't looking at it. And not just any kind of porn either.
  • Fluttershy 2012/09/08 21:45:13
    Fluttershy
    porn should be illegal. anybody who wants to start a fight about it, bring it on and give me one GOOD reason why it's not degrading and wrong.
  • Chris La 2012/09/05 20:18:54
    Chris La
    There are children at these libraries. In my opinon its bad enough that the library is held liable if someone trips because they are not watching their feet. An atmosphere where taxpayers may be held liability by parents for lewd conduct by their teens or children is unacceptable. Also, do we need to encourage sex offenders to think of the public libraries as their playground?
  • matthew.e.simpson.3 2012/09/01 23:58:10
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    matthew.e.simpson.3
    if 50 shades of grey is why not
  • Chibi Guru Z 2012/08/31 18:01:59
    Chibi Guru Z
    I picked that answer because I thought it was funny. Naahh...let's observe some decorum. You can get tons of free porn on your computer at home, so what are you complaining about?
  • ☢☠Wicked✠Desiree ☠☢ 2012/08/31 17:46:23
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    ☢☠Wicked✠Desiree ☠☢
    as long as it is in a spot where kids cant see it and only adults. i seen no reason why not.
  • Pyro-82 2012/08/31 17:43:07
    Pyro-82
    Um...Hmm... I really can't argue either side on this one...
    Hmm, wierd.
  • Gabsters<3 2012/08/30 04:59:34
    Gabsters<3
  • Tallulah 2012/08/30 04:27:59
    Tallulah
    Does not sound good haha but I wouldn't be mad or anything if it was there because I don't have to look at it.
  • Michael 2012/08/29 22:31:13 (edited)
    Michael
    +1
    No porn allowed! Porn should just go extinct. They need to stop pressuring people on trying to view porn. Plus library is suppose to be for reading ONLY NOT FOR VIEWING PORN! THATS WHAT THE INTERNET IS FOR!
  • Michael Michael 2012/08/29 22:34:21
    Michael
    Sorry for the caps.
  • Horace 2012/08/29 14:42:33
    Horace
    +1
    Watching pornography is bad enough, and I have serious objections to it, watching it in public, with the possibility that their are children around is just sick.
  • Miss Kris the Centrist 2012/08/24 23:47:33
    Miss Kris the Centrist
    +1
    Uhh...isn't the purpose of porn so you can jerk off to it? Do you really want to do that in public?
  • pdt_ski 2012/08/23 01:50:49
    pdt_ski
    +1
    Public libraries are, well, publicly funded. I'm not going to pay for some perv's porn, to say nothing of the computer viruses and malware that would infect the library computers. Porn is not educational material; by definition it appeals to prurient interest.
  • Russian 2012/08/21 14:37:16
    Russian
    +2
    Guy goes in library gets porno magazine jerks off and c*ms on the magazine and closes it and puts it back. Other guys gets the same magazine turns to same page that the other guy c*mmed on magazine jerks cms magazine closes guys magazine turns guy cmmed
  • Russian Russian 2012/08/30 05:50:14
    Russian
    Guy opens up a magazine and begins to ██████████. The Librarian catches him. Guy quickly zips himself closes the magazine poker face
  • Nu Joisey 2012/08/21 14:07:02
    Nu Joisey
    I don't see any way for a library system to allow porn, with the exception of setting up a separate branch that's strictly restricted to those 18 and over.
  • LHL 2012/08/21 01:22:33 (edited)
    LHL
    I'm not anti porn or anything but considering most libraries are filled with little kids, well there's better places to buy/borrow porn. Plus imagine what would be on those books after someone borrowed them.
  • NoHandlebarsAttached 2012/08/19 06:53:27
    NoHandlebarsAttached
    +1
    That's what the internet is for, my friend!
  • us 2012/08/19 04:59:48
    us
    no porno in libraries.
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/08/18 17:20:34
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    of course they should... why not? but like video games and movies it should be in the restricted section and should not be sold to minors without parental supervision.
  • Black Night 2012/08/18 12:44:32
    Black Night
    I am neither for, or against porn in libraries, but it would have to be heavily regulated, and monitored.
  • .: LiVi :. 2012/08/18 12:07:42
    .: LiVi :.
    Ha ha good answer choices. Well, they already have erotica in libraries. The onyl reason I feel a bit icky about having porn in libraries is that I don't want to go into a library, looking for a book surrounded by old perverts jacking off in the corners.. We don't need that in a library
  • Allen Escalaera 2012/08/17 21:21:49 (edited)
    Allen Escalaera
    Yes: Because a library is a place that holds information and apparently some people actually might want to know what a "dirty sanchez" or other acts actually are. And besides there have been worse ways to get people to go to a library or some place equal to it.
    (ex: coffee shops - free wifi = Not alot of customers, Coffee shops + Free Wifi= Lots and lots of customers)

No: Just gives an excuse to start another stupid pointless argument that religion and the news is going to eat up like a fat kid on a happy meal.

Maybe: Pervs gonna be pervy/Creepers gonna check out alot of porn from the library/ some people need there fix and when a girl or guy isn't around to help, then why the hell not.
  • Vincent Hayden 2012/08/17 05:25:11
    Vincent Hayden
    I there were an Adult only section of the library, perhaps. I really don't think kids should have access to that type of material. They should get it from their gutter friends the way I did.
  • dragracer 2012/08/17 04:25:08
    dragracer
    really? i say no cause little kids would go around the library and look at all the pics!!!!!!
  • Cero 2012/08/14 15:20:18
    Cero
    I believe there should be a small section of it for public access because by reading about such things it can help some people with their sexual desires and cut down on people who would otherwise not have something to do about it, and eventually turn into rapists or child molesters
  • laydeelapis 2012/08/14 05:25:20
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    laydeelapis
    As long as it's in the adult/young adult/teen areas. Not the children's section. I see more 5-8 year olds at libraries than older kids and those guys don't even know what sex is.
    I don't think I'd be comfortable watching porn in front of total strangers though but to each their own :)
  • laydeel... laydeel... 2012/08/14 05:26:55
    laydeelapis
    Oh, wait, I just realized this meant to borrow. For some reason I thought it meant allowed to watch on the computers. Never mind about that last statement then. xD
  • janice.heartbriggs 2012/08/13 20:40:52
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    janice.heartbriggs
    they would need to create an adults only section; but yeah why not???
    In the real world i'd probably be embarressed to check it out though
  • firozali a mulla 2012/08/13 11:24:08
    Um, do I have to have a library card?
    firozali a mulla
    Britain congratulates itself for job well done 12 minutes ago IF LONDON wants this we are only human LONDON The party of a lifetime over, Britons woke up and rubbed their eyes to jubilant headlines on Monday as London said farewell to its Olympic visitors Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882) Language is the amber in which a thousand precious and subtle thoughts have been safely embedded and preserved. -Richard C. Trench, poet (1807-1886) I thank you Firozali A.Mulla DBA
  • thefatguy firozal... 2012/08/15 06:49:23

2014/10/25 14:39:25